• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
64940423.jpg
Looks like my job will be missing a cook no way in hell im going out

Mully

so generally what we've seen most of the week surprisingly. I'm impressed at how consistent things have been with this storm.

Yes. The storm was spotted about 11 days ago (fantasy land as we call it when looking at models) by both the GFS and EURO. If you think about it, the drama we saw the last few days, specifically for NYC, Connecticut, and New England was about a 50 mile difference between the global models (which are great at long term forecasts and general tracks of storms) and the short term, high resolution models (these are good for figuring out slight wobbles in a storm's movement and where heavy bands of snow/rain will be).

Meteorology has come a long long way in a short time.

RPGCrazied

Good luck. I was in a Blizzard a few weeks ago in Texas, yeah it was strange. We got like 15", broke a record, last time it snowed that much was 1980.

Wasn't fun. Thankfully our power stayed on, so it was easier to get through. And yeah, get to the store now, you'll regret it later when you go and nothing is left.

I'm hoping JFK doesn't cancel all flights, landing and leaving, on Saturday. I've changed my travel plans the free one time yesterday, and I'd like to not pay another $200 to change it again.

Thanks, Winter Storm Jonas, for re-affirming my belief anything named "Jonas" is a complete and total asshole.

RPGCrazied

dunno would like to experience so sort of weird weather the uk weather is so boring

Its not fun. You are stuck in your house, and if your power goes out, which happens during Blizzards you have nothing to do, since nothing works, and you'd be really cold since the heater wouldn't work.

Baskcm

Get out of here!

Yeah I did a year in Ireland. The weather was sooooooo boring. Sunny, some rain, some wind and rain, some sun between the rain, some more wind, rain, sun, rain, wind...

yep anyone wants some boring weather move to the uk hardly get sun,snow and mostly horrible miserable weather.

Would love just one time to have a major snowfall

Me and the wife went a little overboard on beer purchases last night...

sixers of these:

I think we are good.

Ommegang is always a fine choice. Not getting the love for ciders though...too sweet and tart/tangy for me.

I'll continue chipping away at this bottle of Lagavulin 16. Any scotch drinkers in the house?

There are flood and strong gale warnings up all along the Jersey coast.

It'll feel like a Tropical Storm tonight into tomorrow, only with snow and sleet instead of rain. And it's near Full-Moon which means higher than usual tides too.

Going to be lots of flooding and beach erosion.

Sea Bright / Monmouth Beach will once again flood. Whoever thought building homes on a sand bar between the ocean and river is an idiot.

Yes. The storm was spotted about 11 days ago (fantasy land as we call it when looking at models) by both the GFS and EURO. If you think about it, the drama we saw the last few days, specifically for NYC, Connecticut, and New England was about a 50 mile difference between the global models (which are great at long term forecasts and general tracks of storms) and the short term, high resolution models (these are good for figuring out slight wobbles in a storm's movement and where heavy bands of snow/rain will be).

Meteorology has come a long long way in a short time.

IIRC wasn't the massive storm last year off the mark for NYC by ~75 miles. Which isn't a whole lot between you're screwed and you're saved.

Z_Y

Ommegang is always a fine choice. Not getting the love for ciders though...too sweet and tart/tangy for me.

I'll continue chipping away at this bottle of Lagavulin 16. Any scotch drinkers in the house?

Cider is for the wife. I only partake if I'm doing a black velvet. Love those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom