• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icefire1424

Are there even going to be any bars open tonight?

Alright, I know this "snow" concept is new and foreign to you, so I'll let this slide. We don't go out to bars when the snow is falling hard. We improvise.

B20rw6sCAAAeVXg.jpg

Silly CNN. That's not "nearly whiteout conditions". Whiteout conditions would be if you couldn't see the the truck bays across the parking lot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Already snow on the ground, not a ton but it hasn't stopped and it's likely not going to. It's below freezing and since we don't pre-salt the roads down here, my job's going to have me driving home on icey roads.

Thanks guys

My whole family lives just south of Raleigh NC in Clayton. My best friend and his gf are visiting my parents and brother for the weekend and are supposed to go to the Hurricanes vs. Rangers game tonight at 7pm(I still live on Suffolk LI and we're all die hard Rangers fans).

They're saying the roads are "fine" while on every report and news channel and radars I'm looking at has them covered in ice and freezing rain. I wish they would put aside their NY arrogance and just decide it's not worth risking going to the game. People down there panic like crazy and there are accidents on top of accidents when there is just one flurry in the sky...

Dunno maybe just venting out a little, just worried for my family :-/

kess

Wow, Philly to the Lehigh Valley always seems to escape the worst snow storms.

By the way, Lord Chesterfield (on tap!) is the secret best Yuengling beer.

chester.gif

The test is how accurately you can throw D batteries at Santa.

Oh boy, here we go...

First of all, the Santa was a last minute fill-in, some drunk dude they found stumbling around looking for a little cash. He was a disgrace and deserved to be booed.

And they didn't throw batteries at him, they just booed him.

owlbeak

Might be getting more in my area than expected. Forecast said 1-2" through today before 5-9" tonight and 1-3" tomorrow. Just measured snow on my back porch and it's 4" deep already since noon.

Edit: I prefer Yuengling's Black & Tan.

esms

Oh boy, here we go...

First of all, the Santa was a last minute fill-in, some drunk dude they found stumbling around looking for a little cash. He was a disgrace and deserved to be booed.

And they didn't throw batteries at him, they just booed him.

It was a self-deprecating joke. I was referencing JD Drew and Santa.

All in good fun.

Philly storm total just went up:

Updated 1 min ago
PHILADELPHIA (WPVI.com) -- The forecasted snowfall totals for the coming blizzard have gone up as the storm draws closer.

Here is a look at the expected snowfall totals for cities around our region:

Philadelphia: 18" to 24"
Wilmington: 18" to 24"
Trenton: 12" to 18"
Allentown: 6" to 12"
Atlantic City: 3" to 6"

The snowstorm heading our way has been speeding up and is expected to bring snow across the area throughout the early evening.

At the height of the storm, from 3 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, expect:

-Snow rates of 1" to 3" per hour
-Thundersnow in Philly and south
-Wind gusts of 40 to 65 mph

OMG that wind!

I am in the 12-18, union county Jersey, FML....i got to shovel all that shit, i think i might go out early in the morning and cut it in half...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
My whole family lives just south of Raleigh NC in Clayton. My best friend and his gf are visiting my parents and brother for the weekend and are supposed to go to the Hurricanes vs. Rangers game tonight at 7pm(I still live on Suffolk LI and we're all die hard Rangers fans).

They're saying the roads are "fine" while on every report and news channel and radars I'm looking at has them covered in ice and freezing rain. I wish they would put aside their NY arrogance and just decide it's not worth risking going to the game. People down there panic like crazy and there are accidents on top of accidents when there is just one flurry in the sky...

Dunno maybe just venting out a little, just worried for my family :-/
On the plus side, if they do go, they'll probably be upgraded to really great seats!

In all seriousness, though, hope they stay safe. From what I've seen of the weather in Raleigh, it wouldn't be bad if it was NY, but the roads down there probably haven't been treated or prepared for that kind of ice to nearly the same degree.

shiba5

On the plus side, if they do go, they'll probably be upgraded to really great seats!

In all seriousness, though, hope they stay safe. From what I've seen of the weather in Raleigh, it wouldn't be bad if it was NY, but the roads down there probably haven't been treated or prepared for that kind of ice to nearly the same degree.

Isn't Raleigh where that infamous photo with the car on fire originates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom