• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxidax

Just happened to look at the forecast map for NY to see if any changes have been made.

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Aww yeahhhh. Two feet here we come!

Fuck Yea!!!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So what's up with Westhchester NY going from like 6 inches to 12-18? Is it due to that warm northern air moving away so the storm can move up?

This storm sucks. Was supposed to fly from India to Raleigh via Abu Dhabi and NYC and get back on Saturday PM, now I won't get back until Monday PM (via Mumbai and London).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
We got a couple inches today, unfortunately. And it doesn't look like it's going to get warm enough to clear the roads before I have to go into work, so no doubt they are going to be icy as hell tomorrow. Might call in, it's almost a half hour drive on crummy roads normally. I'd rather not dump my car (that I just got fixed in December) off in a ditch.

Dishwalla

Banned
Raining pretty hard out there right now, and we are having thunder too.

Apparently we are getting flood warnings for some areas too.

Retro

Two hours since my last photo; still lots of wind and the snow has changed from the small, dry flakes into the bigger wet fluff-clumps, so... we're getting there.

Something I've been aware of but hadn't really sunk in is just how long of an event this is going to be. Here's what the National Weather Service shows for 7-day forecasts in terms of hazardous weather;

o24QhWx.jpg

When you look at it like that, it really drives home the fact that this is going to be going all night tonight, all day tomorrow, all tomorrow night and into Sunday morning. We're not even that far into it and the worst is expected during the day tomorrow, at least for us. Washington DC, your version of the above looks about the same, running until 6am (and without the Coastal Flooding, of course). NYC, here's you.

Just something I thought I'd share; hunker down and stay warm, GAF.

Ashodin

Two hours since my last photo; still lots of wind and the snow has changed from the small, dry flakes into the bigger wet fluff-clumps, so... we're getting there.

Something I've been aware of but hadn't really sunk in is just how long of an event this is going to be. Here's what the National Weather Service shows for 7-day forecasts in terms of hazardous weather;

o24QhWx.jpg

When you look at it like that, it really drives home the fact that this is going to be going all night tonight, all day tomorrow, all tomorrow night and into Sunday morning. We're not even that far into it and the worst is expected during the day tomorrow, at least for us. Washington DC, your version of the above looks about the same, running until 6am (and without the Coastal Flooding, of course). NYC, here's you.

Just something I thought I'd share; hunker down and stay warm, GAF.

STAY WARM

I'm from Miami and have never had to deal with snow so of course I think it looks rad as fuck.

But for you guys with doggies, how do you/they deal with the snow? Especially during a storm like this.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I'm from Miami and have never had to deal with snow so of course I think it looks rad as fuck.

But for you guys with doggies, how do you/they deal with the snow? Especially during a storm like this.

Dogs love the snow. In my experience.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
In Frederick and I just realized I have an entire more day of this.

zulux21

im so jealous :/

why couldn't the storm hit the midwest first and dump 2 feet here.

I am tired of this 2 inches of ice we have on the ground I want real snow to play with :(

I miss living in an area where 2-4 inches of snow was the daily norm.

anyways I hope you guys that get this snow stay safe and excersize caution as that much snow can be very dangerous (though a ton of fun to put on a snow suit and just dive into repeatedly @_@)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom