• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Don't feed the trolls (here and anywhere else) and just ignore them, this day is about something bigger than them.

ErichWK

giphy.gif

It's funny that people complaining about people using their right to protest end up looking like larger whiny babies.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck look at those pictures

LOOK AT THOSE PICTURES

So many people on all the streets in the whole fucking world. Fuck. This is amazing and inspiring and fantastic.

Nepenthe

Well, we found the Trump voter.

Anyway, I think what's blowing my mind about this movement is that it's international. I don't think we've seen that kind of solidarity since 9/11. That makes the political situation feel a lot less hopeless.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Lucas Neff ‏@RealLucasNeff

They're estimating a million women in DC alone. #WOMENSMARCH

I got a feeling 2017 is gonna be lit, maybe people will wake up and realize they need to make sure they local and state governments are on point and maybe people will vote come 2018
That would require the country to not be in a perpetual state of amnesia.

The damage done by Trump and his court pics have to potential to impact the next 100 years but will be forgotten by the public within 10. We have already seen this with Bush, even people here give him a pass.

rjinaz

The frustrating part is that those kinds of people are the ones who are going to be whispering into Trump's ear about this

My dad listens to right wing radio, and that's how they spin this stuff. Just radical anti-science left-wingers and anarchists, liberal agenda, how long till they start burning and pillaging

With Bannon and such, that's the version Trump is going to get

Yep and my Brother particularly gets it from sports radio strangely enough.

I'm proud to be White. There is nothing wrong with being proud of who or what you are. But what people like my Brother don't realize is they they have lived their entire lives without having to think about their race or gender. They never had to wonder if that police officer pulled them over because they were Hispanic in Arizona, or if maybe they didn't get that job because they were Black, or maybe it's because they are a woman and not pretty enough.

He's tired of the complaining and doesn't want to understand WHY people are complaining. A large of that is because he only listens to media that tells him there is no good reason, they just hate America, are pussies, or maybe THEY are actually the racists.

Edit: Maybe proud isn't the right word on second thought. It's more I'm happy to be who I am, and frankly I consider myself fortunate to be born White in this America. It's fucked up at the same time.

I wish I could've gone to one of these, but there were zero near me as I live in a small city in the UK.

It's truly inspiring though. I only hope this activism and effort can continue for the next four years. We need people to work together like this.

Wish I was in a larger city centre to participate. Good luck to everyone out there. Watching from home. Support goes out to all. <3

RCSI

I was watching a video about the polls released last week and what was repeated over and over: "You are not alone."

Retro

Conservative trolls in a nutshell "shut up, stop complaining, and know your place, go fix dinner"

After 8 years of screaming about everything Obama did while their representatives spent the entire time flailing around on the house floor, refusing to govern.

I was watching a video about the polls released last week and what was repeated over and over: "You are not alone."

Yeah, that was Laurence O'Donnell, and it was a pretty good bit as far as his show goes (he tends to get a little bogged down sometimes, he needs somebody to streamline his lines a bit). He tends to not play nice, which is a nice digestif after Maddow's sweet snarkiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom