• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodgy100

Apparently America does protests bigger and better than every other country too.

after the low turnout of the inauguration. and the incredible turnout of these protests. It's given me a bit more faith in people.

Keep it up guys :D

LionPride

Banned
C2tt6u1UUAAWaEQ.jpg

I love Melissa

This isn't that kind of movement, unfortunately. These people are united by anger, not a consensus on political action.
Well yes, but I think the DNC can use this as a starting point of turning this into action. The rallies after the march I think start some of the political side of this movement.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Me and my fam represented in Denver today. Fucking huuuge turnout. Feels good to protest for the ladies and all of the other bullshit. Lots of great signs too. I'll post some pics in a bit

SilentRob

Holy shit these mothers of children killed because of police brutality standing and protesting there together is gut-wrenching.

This isn't that kind of movement, unfortunately. These people are united by anger, not a consensus on political action.

Sadly I'm inclined to agree. But we shall see. The Republicans tormented the Tea Party out of the 2008 defeat. Hopefully the DNC can pull together and create a similar impact.

Seeing so many women marching today makes me proud of my gender, and a little teary eyed haha. I wish I march with them today, but unfortunately college projects come first.
At least I have a few friends out there today, so I'm there in spirit.

Fantastic to see.

Hope they continue to focus the energy/anger in the right directions, and don't let the flames die down because there isn't a movement or march or date around it. Have to remember to continue fighting for your rights, day in and day out.

And of course, there's a personal aspect at play here, including myself. Everyone needs to do their part.

iavi

Fiance and I are heading out to the SF march later today.

I have half a mind to make a sign saying "And I have a Job"

Alavard

C2tzRKDWEAUjttJ

Sorry i dont understand this one. Can someone explain? (I'm not amercian)

Eggos are a North American brand of frozen waffles. They've often used the slogan 'Leggo my Eggos' (as in let go of my Eggos). 'Eggos' are being used as word play for being similar to the word 'eggs', in reference to women's health and reproductive issues, specifically abortion.

Ponn

Banned
Fiance and I are heading out to the SF march later today.

I have half a mind to make a sign saying "And I have a Job"

Ehhh...I would say don't do that. It could be spun in a tacky petty way. There's so much other gold to choose from.

Eggos are a brand of frozen waffle with the slogan "leggo my eggos." Essentially, don't touch my waffles or in this case, her reproductive system.

latest

Eggos are a waffle. It's a catchphrase.

Eggs? As in a Women's uterus?

That's a uterus and she's saying leave my eggs alone

It's based off of a waffle brand slogan.

Eggos are a North American brand of frozen waffles. They've often used the slogan 'Leggo my Eggos' (as in let go of my Eggos). 'Eggos' are being used as word play for being similar to the word 'eggs', in reference to women's health and reproductive issues, specifically abortion.

Thanks wasnt aware of the waffle brand :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom