• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

chris-013 said:
Not sure what class I want to play after a break of one year... Did they really change the gameplay of one class ?
Hunters have focus instead of mana now... that seems to be the biggest one.

Twig

Banned
HUNTERS ARE AMAZING SHUT YOUR MOUTH ): (I didn't play hunter during WOTLK - only TBC. Leveling a new one now.)
DeathNote said:
so all the neogaf horde are on area 52 and Stormreaver ?
Four people are on Stormreaver, including me. AFAIK that's it.

Well there is a fifth but he doesn't count 'cause he'll be quitting soon enough.

There are "two" "GAF" servers. One is Area 52 and is Horde (I think), the other is I don't know what and is Alliance (I think).

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Twig said:
That's a pretty fun idea... I might do that. I love playing the AH!

Go for it! But keep in mind that it becomes less fun the longer it goes on. The challenge only makes for nice drama when you're "up against the wall" trying to make money with literally just a few coppers.

Once you get up to 50, 60, 100g, then it isn't fun any more to eek out a profit of a few silver. But you don't have enough money to make any big AH moves, either. You're jus a guy trying to play the AH without having the bankroll to really do so.

I know this because I tried an accumulation challenge once before and just kinda lost interest.

Twig

Banned
GDJustin said:
Go for it! But keep in mind that it becomes less fun the longer it goes on. The challenge only makes for nice drama when you're "up against the wall" trying to make money with literally just a few coppers.

Once you get up to 50, 60, 100g, then it isn't fun any more to eek out a profit of a few silver. But you don't have enough money to make any big AH moves, either. You're jus a guy trying to play the AH without having the bankroll to really do so.

I know this because I tried an accumulation challenge once before and just kinda lost interest.
Well, when I first started this account (right after WOTLK), I built up about 90% of my fortune by playing the AH. I had assistance from leveling from 1-30 before I started doing it extensively, which, as you know, doesn't amount to even 100g. I ended up getting enough for epic flight before I was a high enough level.

I enjoy it no matter how much gold I have. U:

Songbird

Prodigal Son
While I'm here, could any experienced blacksmiths tell me how a transaction usually works between players? My warrior could use the Green Iron mail set (or is it Green Chain?) at 31 until I get better things like the Scarlet stuff or others if I skip that.

The way I'm used to dealing with tradeskill players in EQ2 is having all of the raw materials and gold ready up front, but in general how does the community work this out?

Twig

Banned
The only people who think hunters suck are people who don't know how to play hunter.

Ironically most of the people who DON'T think hunters suck ALSO don't know how to play hunter.
Thnikkaman said:
While I'm here, could any experienced blacksmiths tell me how a transaction usually works between players? My warrior could use the Green Iron mail set (or is it Green Chain?) at 31 until I get better things like the Scarlet stuff or others if I skip that.

The way I'm used to dealing with tradeskill players in EQ2 is having all of the raw materials and gold ready up front, but in general how does the community work this out?
About like that, yeah. Some will even do it for free if you have the mats at that level, because they want the skillup. (Obviously if they would no longer get a skillup for making it, they won't do it for free... but then they might because it's such a low-level thing).

Do you really need that armor, though? You level so fast now it's not worth NOT selling the materials you'd waste making it!

Ramirez

Thnikkaman said:

You level so fast now, why even bother with that stuff?

markot

Banned
Thnikkaman said:

>.< mostly over the AH!

Um, if you have the mats, ask in trade for the profession, then you tell em what you want/give em mats if they have the recipies and can make it, then they trade back when they make it and you usually either tip them or give them the pre arranged amount!

And hunters didnt technically 'suck' they were good dps, but they were just boring to play with mana imo >.< I had one during tbc and it was ok, but in wotlk it kinda just fehhhhd.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I think I need the armour because at my level I'm receiving serious asskickings in the Hinterlands and Scarlet Monastery through Dungeon Finder. Even level mobs in Hinterlands are serious trouble and it's hard to beat one without needing decent downtime/snacks. This is all Arathi quest gear btw.

Ed: Anyway thanks for the protocol tips!

My character, since the Armory seems to have died a death.

untitled8xep.png

Serious case of head crabs.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Twig said:
HUNTERS ARE AMAZING SHUT YOUR MOUTH ): (I didn't play hunter during WOTLK - only TBC. Leveling a new one now.)

Four people are on Stormreaver, including me. AFAIK that's it.

Well there is a fifth but he doesn't count 'cause he'll be quitting soon enough.

There are "two" "GAF" servers. One is Area 52 and is Horde (I think), the other is I don't know what and is Alliance (I think).
what's the name of the guild?

it's a 5k hrode to 17k ally server? that might be bad for a pvp leveling server. lol.

ToD_

Meier said:
Sorry for the size but this turned out pretty cool. The Krazzworks in the Twilight Highlands..

http://i.imgur.com/r20n0.jpg

WoW can look so good at times. The screenshots on the previous page of Vashj'ir are very nice as well. Been playing for 5 years and it still impresses. Never really get the hate. I guess the art style just doesn't appeal to everyone.

Twig

Banned
DeathNote said:
what's the name of the guild?
The guild I'm in is not a "GAF" guild. It is a "group of friends" guild. And we're all assholes and extremely PvP oriented (the two are synonymous as far as we're concerned). :3
it's a 5k hrode to 17k ally server? that might be bad for a pvp leveling server. lol.
Stormreaver is? I'd heard it was more balanced these days. I certainly haven't noticed any extreme level of unbalance since I came back.

Unless you're talking A52. I know nothing of that server or that guild. Talk to notworksafe about that!

markot

Banned
Blackrock is pretty much a Horde server >.< its kinda crazy trying to lvl there sometimes as Alliance... but its fun too! Being the underdog > Being so zergy that you are zergymczergington.

I started at mount Hyal. Iam nearly done with that zone now and Cataclysm has the best quests of all addons! I never had so much fun with the quests in WoW.
:lol

chris-013

Twig said:
The only people who think hunters suck are people who don't know how to play hunter.

Ironically most of the people who DON'T think hunters suck ALSO don't know how to play hunter.

About like that, yeah. Some will even do it for free if you have the mats at that level, because they want the skillup. (Obviously if they would no longer get a skillup for making it, they won't do it for free... but then they might because it's such a low-level thing).

Do you really need that armor, though? You level so fast now it's not worth NOT selling the materials you'd waste making it!

Ye hunter is very powerful when played right but was a bit boring on the long run with the same rotation...

I just read every class change... Bloodlust/Heroism for mage lol...
Maybe I will go warlock...

Twig

Banned
chris-013 said:
Ye hunter is very powerful when played right but was a bit boring on the long run with the same rotation....
Well, during TBC you actually needed to do some crowd control in PvE. WOTLK (I didn't play hunter, but I did tank a lot on warrior to start with), almost no one ever bothered.

Cataclysm is supposed to bring CC requirements back. I've heard.

Plus CC is ALWAYS required in PvP, the only part of the game that REALLY matters. :3

kodt

Banned
chris-013 said:
Really ? Hunter was the worst class I ever played in lich king...

They were the highest DPS class for a while in lich king.

Also, I do remember doing CC in Trial of the Grand Crusader and Halls of Reflection.

Hmmm, Goblin lock or mage? I resubbed after a long layoff and felt bored when I tried my warrior and rogue. Did some bgs and it looked like lock and mage are really strong this time around and I've never played a caster...

Yaweee said:
I really didn't like the 1~5 Goblin area, but the Lost Isles seem fantastic. Something about too much running around and story irked me; I prefer fucking shit up and moving on. It felt way too long compared to the Tauren and Troll 1~5 areas.
Dude, you know you can jump into your hot rod and drive around at any time, right? Did you run around that entire fucking place?

alba

Little is the new Big
Drkirby said:
Oh, in case anyone still want some, I have 5 Scroll of Resurrection.

I wouldn't mind getting one in a few days. I'm gonna get both boxes monday I gues so that'd be cool to get one then :D

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Been playing my old pally, did't play wotlk. Man the new class changes are great. Still getting used to it but I can fight just about forever with out stoping to drink for mana. I used to carry around a bag of drink but I haven't used any yet and I've already gotten to lvl 75. Mana free heals, mana free excorsim, low mana judgements that heal, low mana high crtl holy shocks, and on.

I'll stick around till 85, 10 more to go.

Kintaco

I love getting XP from herb gathering, I went from 81-82 just farming Twilight Jasmine, make 7g (so far) and I have over 1400 herbs waiting to be sold. :D

Twig

Banned
Drkirby said:
Oh, in case anyone still want some, I have 5 Scroll of Resurrection.
Since Kirby's advertising, I'm just gonna say I still have 19. U:
Narag said:
Ideally with Saurfang following up on his words from Warsong Hold.
And falling prey to GARROSH'S (STRONG) PIMP HAND.

Saurfang is a sourpuss.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Anyone else losing the gems you put in sockets? I don't have much armor with gem slots but my relic (pally) keeps losing the gem. Lost 2 already (just noticed because I fount a purple gem in the AH for 1 gold so I gave it a go and now its gone).

Warnen said:
Anyone else losing the gems you put in sockets? I don't have much armor with gem slots but my relic (pally) keeps losing the gem. Lost 2 already (just noticed because I fount a purple gem in the AH for 1 gold so I gave it a go and now its gone).

Send a message to a GM about missing items.

thefil

Re-upped my subscription, but didn't buy Cataclysm. Started a new Tauren Pally.

The changes to Mulgore were really disappointing; lots of new quests but mostly just the same old "kill mobs" stuff, and the landscape was virtually untouched. However, now I'm in Ashzara, and really enjoying the effort that went into revamping the zone. I'm so glad I ended up here instead of Northern Barrens; I had headed towards the latter but then on a whim decided to turn back and see what lowbie Ashzara would be like.

Sullen

yacobod said:
i tried logging into Illidan to play last night and the que was like 2900+, think it was 2-3 hour wait time, so i went to bed instead, maybe i'll get to play this weekend.

i'm not sure if i want to level my 80 orc warrior, belf dk, or orc hunter. i'm not particularly attached to them anymore, and i kind of want to level a new character. i have a level 31 belf rogue and paladin, a level 29 belf warlock. i sort of want to play a healer so i might continue on with the paladin or i might roll a goblin shaman or priest.

Illidan is still shite for queues and will be for a while I suspect. =/ 2 hour+ wait times and queues over 3000 now and then. Been leveling my shadow priest who is 82 now, orc DK and belf warlock are still sitting at 80. I've been feeling like leveling my belf hunter who is around 42ish I think. My tauren druid has been sitting at 73 for like a year. :lol Might get back to that as well.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Been leveling my new Undead Warlock since Shattering hit. Reached level 41 tonight and just finished Hinterlands. My rating of undead zone progression:

-Tirisfall Glades : Fuck Awesome
-Silverpine : Even awesomer
-Hillsbrad Foothills : Still wonderfully great (Loved the "life as a questgiver" moment when first entering)

-Arathi Highlands : What the shit? Anyone that wants to revisit the classic days of quest design slog...it's still here. Lessened compared to what it once was, but -skip- this place.
-Hinterlands : Meh. Totally forgettable zone and questing. I actually read a lot of positive response to this zone...maybe it's on the alliance side? I'd also vote it as a skip. Talk about the 30-something doldrums again(did Strangethorn get improved?)

Just landed in Western Plaguelands after hitting level 41, where I hope the awesomeness returns...maybe?

Ferny

Brandon F said:
-Hinterlands : Meh. Totally forgettable zone and questing. I actually read a lot of positive response to this zone...maybe it's on the alliance side? I'd also vote it as a skip. Talk about the 30-something doldrums again(did Strangethorn get improved?)

Just landed in Western Plaguelands after hitting level 41, where I hope the awesomeness returns...maybe?

Hinterlands as a alliance is actually pretty good always liked that zone. WP and EP I hear are a lot better with EP being the better of the two after the world change.

Delio

So i rolled a Goblin Warrior. I kinda regret it at the moment. I just dont know what other class i would want to roll as a Goblin. after the stat reduction i really dont want to run Warlock anymore.

KaYotiX

Banned
loving Cata, wife and I both rolled Worgen and i loved their starting zone, only draw back is once you exit it you are in Darkshore...its changed for the better but i still dislike it :p

Dresden

KaYotiX said:
loving Cata, wife and I both rolled Worgen and i loved their starting zone, only draw back is once you exit it you are in Darkshore...its changed for the better but i still dislike it :p
Get to Westfall. Liked it quite a bit for my Worgen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom