• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Your gear sucks.

No kidding. Haven't played in 2 years and before that barely got into Heroics. Whats the best way to gear up? Seems like the best way is to just grind Justice points and buy the best stuff from vendors in Dalaran.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Just ran into the craziest bug.

1) Bought Pygmy Oil at AH for 3s.
2) Chat says "Bid Complete: Pygmy Oil"
3) Run to mailbox. Inside mailbox is a notice of Peacebloom purchased.
4) Peacebloom is from a different seller, and has a higher price - 15s.
5) I am 100% certain the higher price was not deducted - my account didn't even have that much $.

I repeated this process FIVE TIMES. Bought Pygmy Oil for 3s. 3s deducted. Get to mailbox, and I receive peacebloom, with the mail stating that 15-22s was deducted. o.0 I checked it over and over again and even had a bud buy one of the Pygmy Oil auctions - it didn't happen for him. I took screenshots if anyone doesn't believe.

I didn't know what to do so I jus relisted the peaceblooms for 12s, lol. A 4x markup on what I paid, and the cheapest on the AH.

mikespit1200 said:
No kidding. Haven't played in 2 years and before that barely got into Heroics. Whats the best way to gear up? Seems like the best way is to just grind Justice points and buy the best stuff from vendors in Dalaran.
Yeah, just keep doing the other heroics you can do and use the better gear you get there as well as spending the points you get. Eventually the lock will go away. Halls of Reflection is no joke.

Yaweee

I really didn't like the 1~5 Goblin area, but the Lost Isles seem fantastic. Something about too much running around and story irked me; I prefer fucking shit up and moving on. It felt way too long compared to the Tauren and Troll 1~5 areas.

GDJustin said:

5) I am 100% certain the higher price was not deducted - my account didn't even have that much $.

I repeated this process FIVE TIMES. Bought Pygmy Oil for 3s. 3s deducted. Get to mailbox, and I receive peacebloom, with the mail stating that 15-22s was deducted. o.0 I checked it over and over again and even had a bud buy one of the Pygmy Oil auctions - it didn't happen for him. I took screenshots if anyone doesn't believe.

I didn't know what to do so I jus relisted the peaceblooms for 12s, lol. A 4x markup on what I paid, and the cheapest on the AH.
Too bad it's not gold...

explodet

I hate this kind of quest design: multiple users waiting for one item to spawn.

mabppaadd.jpg

Spruchy

GDJustin said:

Crazy glitch, but you're going to be RICH!!!!

Runus

explodet said:

No way that is not a set up. There are not that many nice people on a server. Like me, I would have just run up and taken it. Especially if I was a rogue and could stealth up there. :lol

Infinity said:
Blizzard did a good job anticipating the number of new Worgen too. Every quest that required you to kill or gather something re-popped those items or mobs every few seconds.

Not exactly. There were two goof-ups:

Helping Grandma find kitty. Apparently no one yesterday read the quest text and went after the mob directly. That hosed the one person who did and the mob was never available to kill, thus, no one could finish the quest.
Of course, this quest was integral to leaving the area, so there was a whole lot of screaming in GChat.

explodet said:
mabppaadd.jpg

The spawn timers on both lords were too high (2+ minutes each). That, and veteran asshats and their spawn-timer jump-in-gank-jump-out bs when there were clearly people waiting. Not saying there should have been a line like the above pic, but really, there are people out there doing "their thing" and ignoring everyone else.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
madara said:
Damn what server is that line from? I would actually try Wow again if there was community that decent.

My first thought exactly. What magical server has a community THAT polite??

Dresden

I rolled a Worgen on a RP server, people were usually polite as hell.

They also debated the merits of furries on General for the entire time I was there. It's a mixed bag overall.

demonkaze

Me and my brother started playing as worgens on the eu aggramar server and was wondering if there was a gaf guild or a guild that we can join, we're both new players to wow but not mmo's in general.

alba

Little is the new Big
I had no interest and stopped playing after BC and now I just caved in today and bought WOTLK+CATA... goddamnit I don't want this :(

pix

I got a question, can a level 78 go into cataclysm zones? I got a 77 Druid I want to level up, and I am hoping to go there at 78. Thanks.

Macattk15

alba said:
I had no interest and stopped playing after BC and now I just caved in today and bought WOTLK+CATA... goddamnit I don't want this :(

What was your reason for quitting after TBC? Maybe some of that changed (More casual raids and such).

webrunner

pix said:
I got a question, can a level 78 go into cataclysm zones? I got a 77 Druid I want to level up, and I am hoping to go there at 78. Thanks.

From what I hear the cata mob power jump is pretty dang big, so you can't get quests until 80.

alba

Little is the new Big
Macattk15 said:
What was your reason for quitting after TBC? Maybe some of that changed (More casual raids and such).

My reason was I was playing way too much and I couldn't control my game time and my IRL friends kinda stopped as well. Oh boy, what have I done... :(

:lol
explodet said:

mabppaadd.jpg

I noticed that multiple times in the Worgen starting zones. It definitely bothered me.

Of course, I never saw a line quite like that. Poor kitty.

Macattk15

alba said:
My reason was I was playing way too much and I couldn't control my game time and my IRL friends kinda stopped as well. Oh boy, what have I done... :(

Oh. You're doomed then. Just set a limit for yourself and try to stick to it.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Randy said:
Goblin-quests, areas, humor, atmosphere, music, etc... Friggin' amazing!

http://i54.tinypic.com/nle976.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
wow, that looks awesome. i might take a break from leveling my druid (83.5) and have a look at the goblin starting zone.

[QUOTE=explodet]I hate this kind of quest design: multiple users waiting for one item to spawn.

[IMG]http://image.bayimg.com/mabppaadd.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
blows my mind that something like this can happen in any wow community. they actually formed a line?

[QUOTE=Meier]Sorry for the size but this turned out pretty cool. The Krazzworks in the Twilight Highlands..

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/r20n0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]another example of blizz nailing environmental design and atmosphere. the new zones i've seen so far (vashj'ir, deepholme, uldam etc.) have all blown me away. blizz have really stepped it up on their terrain and prop designs.

webrunner

Does anyone know exactly what the Cataclysm disc has on it? Installing from the Cata disc still requires a 7.5gb patch, but it did install cata stuff (I saw "deepholm" and "worgen" and "goblin" stuff among the files it was installing)?

Is there any way I can mitigate this 7.5 patch? I have a download cap... What's the purpose of the DVD if I have to patch it to cataclysm anyway? It might as well be a wrath disc :/

Is it possible ti's just missing Wrath/BC content? Would installing the wrath disc first THEN the cata disc maybe reduce this?

Twig

Banned
Haha why the shit would you wait in line. Just run to the front and spam your mouse button on the area where it spawns.

Raide

Twig said:
Haha why the shit would you wait in line. Just run to the front and spam your mouse button on the area where it spawns.

RP Server :p

"After you good sir"
"No, after you"
"I insist, after you fine fellow"

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dresden said:
I rolled a Worgen on a RP server, people were usually polite as hell.

They also debated the merits of furries on General for the entire time I was there. It's a mixed bag overall.
The quality of discussion in the worgen chat was pretty low while i was there on my server.

Twig

Banned
"I rolled a female worgen because I wanna stare at that fine ass the whole time I'm playing."
frankthurk said:
When RPing one typically doesn't role play as themselves.
doin' it wrong

Sethos

Banned
GDJustin said:

You'll be swimming in gold.

mcrae

explodet said:

mabppaadd.jpg

WHAAAAT
no way, people are honestly lining up? i dont believe this, how is this possible, peopel arent this nice on the internet

i am so dumbfounded right now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The lining up isn't that wild - I remember it happening in FFXI once they introduced NPC companions.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
For those that didn't see it the first time, I created a toon, ran it to Stormwind and sold its starting gear, and I'm now trying to see if I can build a fortune using ONLY that money to play the AH.

Your starting gear sells for 7c. :lol :lol

Anyway the latest update: http://wowaccumulation.tumblr.com/

In just a couple days I have turned that 7c into 7.8g, using just the AH. No drops, no quest rewards, no hand-outs.

Edit: And then promptly lost a huge chunk of it because I am dumb. Oh the highs and lows of playing the AH on a shoestring budget!

Sunflower said:
The lining up isn't that wild - I remember it happening in FFXI once they introduced NPC companions.

Yes, it is. Ever played WoW? That's probably more impressive to me than a world first kill on a raid boss.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
WORST

e: rp an asshole - problem solved

You're one of those people who uses the excuse "did it for the lulz" a lot, aren't you?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
flyinpiranha said:
Yes, it is. Ever played WoW? That's probably more impressive to me than a world first kill on a raid boss.

Actually, you have a really good point. Getting some 12 year olds to follow directions and wait like everyone else isn't easy.

Not saying they weren't in FFXI, but there's a big concentration of kids in WoW. I group with someone and they ask me if I hate my dad and hate being grounded :lol :lol I'm a grown ass man, kid!

steadfast

When the 3.0 update came out and they added exotic pets as the 51 BeastMaster Hunter spec, there was a line, not as long, but an organized line regardless for the white core hound Kurken in the spacegoat starting area:

nian.jpg

Horde and Alliance hunters both were queued up and behaved in a civilized fashion taking turns taming him. It was amazing. This was on Lightbringer (PvE)

Twig

Banned
GDJustin said:
For those that didn't see it the first time, I created a toon, ran it to Stormwind and sold its starting gear, and I'm now trying to see if I can build a fortune using ONLY that money to play the AH.

Your starting gear sells for 7c. :lol :lol

Anyway the latest update: http://wowaccumulation.tumblr.com/

In just a couple days I have turned that 7c into 7.8g, using just the AH. No drops, no quest rewards, no hand-outs.

Edit: And then promptly lost a huge chunk of it because I am dumb. Oh the highs and lows of playing the AH on a shoestring budget!
That's a pretty fun idea... I might do that. I love playing the AH!
Zefah said:
You're one of those people who uses the excuse "did it for the lulz" a lot, aren't you?
Who says it's an excuse?

Sunflower said:
Actually, you have a really good point. Getting some 12 year olds to follow directions and wait like everyone else isn't easy.

Not saying they weren't in FFXI, but there's a big concentration of kids in WoW. I group with someone and they ask me if I hate my dad and hate being grounded :lol :lol I'm a grown ass man, kid!
Wow. Can't say anyone's ever asked me that, hah.

Hixx

Uldum was amazing. My favourite zone in the game (incl. new 1-60 Azeroth, Outlands and Northrend) by far. Shame I finished 1 quest short of the zone achievement... can't think of skipping any :s

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Ahhh! Just popped in to say just how good the Goblin starting experience is. I started a hunter for a dps class to complement my belf warrior and might just stick with this guy... The music on Kezan and the Lost Isles is great stuff and the writing is the best in the 31 levels I've played of WoW so far. There's just something so delicious about my CEO goblin putting together a swinging shindig only for it to get crashed by Deathwing (and also pirates)! Riches to rags indeed.
My favourite part is Gallywix's bajillion dollar betrayal and my goblin hunter suddenly having to cope with the real wilderness and fantasy Azeroth :D :D

Vinci

Danish
I'm guessing since I left WoW that the player population has received extensive manners training, 'cause that queue is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom