• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoah, renamed pets? I suggested that during the beta.

What are the limitations? I want to name my water elemental Cerulean Moon but I guess you can't have two part names?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, i tried renaming my water elemental yesterday and it worked. Didn't put any space because i figured it wouldnt work. TimeToChill sound very stupid though. :lol

notworksafe

Osaka said:
Currently when I have nothing I can do for the game to come out faster I've just been thinking of a good name for a goblin male warlock. Got some ideas but if anyone has some amazing, epic, cool and funny ones, feel free to pitch em!

Benafflock or Mattdemon would be amazing
My warlock is named Lockandlol, and my saved Goblin names are Goldstacks and Moneybags. :D

EDIT: Just for fun, other names I use...

Aurayouready (Paladin)
Shanknfurter (Rogue)
Octopusprime (Blueberry Shaman)
Refreshing (Mage)
Worgasmic and Yiffinhell (saved Worgen names)
Bonnietyler (Druid, soon to be Moonkin spec)

J-Rzez

Even I won't complain about something like the Login Screen that much. It's there for a whole 10 seconds when you have to enter in your info.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
notworksafe said:
My warlock is named Lockandlol, and my saved Goblin names are Goldstacks and Moneybags. :D

EDIT: Just for fun, other names I use...

Aurayouready (Paladin)
Shanknfurter (Rogue)
Octopusprime (Blueberry Shaman)
Refreshing (Mage)
Worgasmic and Yiffinhell (saved Worgen names)
Bonnietyler (Druid, soon to be Moonkin spec)

I love Octopusprime :lol

I'd like either a pun name or something badass, or something that's quick to say and type and you're not stuck with retarded abbreviations people make up :lol I'm awful at making puns, though.

Was going to name the lock Hiroshima (see my forum nick) but it was taken, though :/

Others I've thought about:

Blitzkrieg, Ghostface (taken), Noose (kills you slowly but surely!), Mindbullet, Seppuku :)lol)...

Retro

I dislike goofy names. I think the worst I've ever had was Lockore (my warlock bank alt for gems and metals) and a mule named Bumblescuff.

My dad, however, is the king of terrible pun names. He has a Tauren Druid named Bearlyabull. It works on so many levels it actually hurts. His main is a paladin named Pallyoop.

I'm actually happy with my names heading into Cataclysm. I'm probably going to keep my Main a female blood elf (cows don't look good in all the pretty outfits I have saved up) rather than race change her. So she'll stay Eresia.

Then I've got Darkfang reserved for any kind of Worgen I might want to roll (probably won't though, so I'll keep the name just to spite the furries), Bellicus for my Tauren Paladin alt (Gonna have him go Holy and use my main for Prot and the occasional Ret via Dual Spec). I petitioned a GM to grab "Howitzer" for my Goblin Hunter, so... I'm happy with that setup.

I'm also sitting on "Blackblade", which was originally going to be for a DK but ended up a Paladin alt. Maybe I'll give DKs another try or use that name for a rogue or something.

Bisnic

I dont know who said Anzu was super easy as a frost mage, but he was lying. This guy is very tough. My Ice Barrier can only survive for a few hits even with the glyph, i cant blink out of his stun and like all bosses, you cant freeze him & chill effects do not work. And it takes only a few hits from him to take down half my health. Good thing i had the glyph of Evocation at least.

I killed him today, but i died at the same time as he did. And im a mage with 5.6k gearscore.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
I dont know who said Anzu was super easy as a frost mage, but he was lying. This guy is very tough. My Ice Barrier can only survive for a few hits even with the glyph, i cant blink out of his stun and like all bosses, you cant freeze him & chill effects do not work.

I killed him today, but i died at the same time as he did. And im a mage with 5.6k gearscore.
I didn't mean to lie. It's faceroll on a 5k DK. Zero CDs needed. I thought you were closer to 6k too.

I prefer goofy/creative names over serious names, especially names where people try real hard to come up with something "threatening" for lack of a better descriptive term. Names like Killer, shredder, and Urdead. Those kind of names are just not for me. Even still, at least they're names, and not phrases.

I really,really dislike names that aren't really names, and more like phrases, such as dontazemebro, riphordelol, ipwnurface, tankingrhard, cowspwnall, healsforu, wantsumsauce, sluttyhorde, etc. Urdead would fall under the same category. I despise those kind of names, but that's just me and I do tend to have extreme opinions :lol .

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
I didn't mean to lie. It's faceroll on a 5k DK. Zero CDs needed. I thought you were closer to 6k too.

Yeah.. but you're a dk. you have plate, you have health, you have armor, you have self heals. I don't have any of that. :lol Even if i had more spellpower, my Ice Barrier would still get destroyed in a matter of seconds before the cooldown is gone. If i could at least blink out of his stun, that would be a big +. :(

At least my prot warrior have the mount. Maybe i should be happy with that and not bother with my mage.

Kukumalu

So, I'm thinking about coming back to the game once again for the billionth time but would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on a new realm for me to reroll in on the Euro side since my old realm had insane dungeon queues and getting into a raiding guild unless you had 6k GS or whatever was pretty much impossible.

Also, how the hell are you guys getting 100k gold and stuff like that? I always hit a plateau around the 5/6k mark and couldn't really get over it.

Acidote

Never tried with a clothie, but I can say it's perfectly soloable with an enh shaman.

And yes, they should give you the "Mute login screen" option right below the Show launcher option :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Kukumalu said:
So, I'm thinking about coming back to the game once again for the billionth time but would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on a new realm for me to reroll in on the Euro side since my old realm had insane dungeon queues and getting into a raiding guild unless you had 6k GS or whatever was pretty much impossible.

Also, how the hell are you guys getting 100k gold and stuff like that? I always hit a plateau around the 5/6k mark and couldn't really get over it.
A jewelcraftet that sold every daily dragon"s eye for 2 years would have 72k gold. 10 minutes of effort daily. Which, of course, you have no patterns.

Some sold honor point gems.

There's a lot of things to take advantage of if you play the whole expansion.

Some prob could make it in a month tho.

Acidote

AH all the way. Early WOTLK I spent 12k on saronite ores. Prospected it a got TONS more of gold on the AH for the gems.

Demo locks have it pretty easy. I was really unhappy with the pet changes in 4.0.1, at first. Voidwalkers are supposed to be good tanks, but blizzard forgot to give them good threat producing abilities. They literally don't produce threat unless you already have aggro, at which point you risk getting killed. They have a taunt, but I've found it hard to manage and it doesn't always work. So on pulls with a bunch of mobs, it's harder to protect yourself. But then I discovered felstorm and will never go back to the void. What a waste lol.

Any words on if they have improved their server cap? My server is going to get raped, in the hours I can play(after work.. 8 pm to 1 am) for the first couple of months:(

Moving is not an option. :p I just want them to increase the cap, and move a bunch of people to other main cities... Blizzard needs to make people spread out. The way it is now in beta is beyond insane. proto drakes on every roof in stormwind. you cant literally see shit. its so cool to fly around the city, but to many players. so many computers are going to get fucked!

secondly.. spent some time in the BGs. PvP is going to be crazy... there is no balance here. people will cry foul and whine like madmen. I think the early cata will be the most unbalanced, if it as it is now... in the history of WoW. But honestly, it might not be such a bad thing. The changes to stats and gear and talents have been the most radical in like ever, so its to be expected. I just dont want to hear the endless whining and bitching.

notworksafe

As has been said many times before, hardcore number balancing historically doesn't show up until the last few weeks of the beta. PvE is also balanced before going into PvP number changes.

Ferny

Pretty dang excited by the expansion coming out soon. Blizzcon really wasn't too special this year but i'm still ready to fly around in SW :)

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Ferny73 said:
Pretty dang excited by the expansion coming out soon. Blizzcon really wasn't too special this year but i'm still ready to fly around in SW :)

I think Blizzcon was great, loved the Cataclysm and Diablo 3 panels.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i'm super pissed they're making the insane impossible to get in cat, after they said not to worry about it because they knew how hard it was to get that feat of strength and they didnt want people to rush and try to do it.

now i have 1 month to do it rather than 3/4 months and i have tons of mats for that shit thats going to be completely useless if i dont use it by then.

Blizzcon was awesome. Im not in Beta so I got to play Cata.. I loved the new starting zones. They are so much better now.

Its amazing how many leaps and bounds this game has gone through. The Q&A about classes was hilarious.

I loved the guy who asked about "New Classes" after his Warrior with "600 days play time" was getting a bit boring.

One dude in the back yelled out "STOP QQING AND RE-ROLL NEWB!"

Hahaha

notworksafe said:
As has been said many times before, hardcore number balancing historically doesn't show up until the last few weeks of the beta. PvE is also balanced before going into PvP number changes.

Do you think they will fix skywall? It will be such a shape if they tune it to be the best dungeon, since it looks so damn great. Major shame.

But it seems that the problems with it will take more than some mere balancing. ?

Dinged 80 with my mage tonight and got into a bunch of heroics. Replaced half of my gear already. Good times, we steamrolled everything.

Also did Hakkar on my 70 hunter (realized I needed to get it done now or never), had my paladin friend soloing while I was lying there dead.

Also did Nefarian on my 80 warrior, achievement get.

This game is too fun still.

MattPeters said:
Im staying on my server (Deathwing) too many friends on that server to leave, and in terms of balance its pretty good other than raid progression (only 1 guild has H25 LK down)
Wow.. I left Deathwing just this past week after being gone from the game for the past 2 years. Kind of surprised that it isn't far in raid progression. It is one of the original 4 or 5 servers that opened when the game hit retail.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
TurtleSnatcher said:
Blizzcon was awesome. Im not in Beta so I got to play Cata.. I loved the new starting zones. They are so much better now.

Its amazing how many leaps and bounds this game has gone through. The Q&A about classes was hilarious.

I loved the guy who asked about "New Classes" after his Warrior with "600 days play time" was getting a bit boring.

One dude in the back yelled out "STOP QQING AND RE-ROLL NEWB!"

Hahaha

His issue was with all the collectables and achievements and all that attachment you develop into a character when you've played that one character so long.

I've played my hunter (who I made day 1) for less than 600 days but more than 400 for sure, and I can sort of sympathise with the guy as I'm rerolling Horde in Cata. There goes my minipets, mounts and tabards and old school epic collection in bank etc etc :(

Need to get a hold of a First Mate Hat before expansion, for my new character.

Osaka said:
His issue was with all the collectables and achievements and all that attachment you develop into a character when you've played that one character so long.

I've played my hunter (who I made day 1) for less than 600 days but more than 400 for sure, and I can sort of sympathise with the guy as I'm rerolling Horde in Cata. There goes my minipets, mounts and tabards and old school epic collection in bank etc etc :(

Need to get a hold of a First Mate Hat before expansion, for my new character.
That was his issue after his original issue was just laughed at honestly. It was a dev who pretty much brought up a possible issue with achievements

That is why I find it hard to play now, everything is linked to one guy.

If achievements were somehow linked, I would be playing right now getting argent dawn rep or timber maw or something but because I would do it on my Dk its pointless as my hunter is the one with loads of other factions at exalted/ loads more Pvp time put into him , 30 odd pets and 52 odd mounts.
Account achievements should be the way forward.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Wow.. I left Deathwing just this past week after being gone from the game for the past 2 years. Kind of surprised that it isn't far in raid progression. It is one of the original 4 or 5 servers that opened when the game hit retail.
Ya, it's a bit surprising. We have 2 guilds (eidolon-horde, inertia-alliance) that have been stuck on heroic 25lk for several months.

Enigma who has downed him have him on farm. 13 kills now, and are just going through the motions of getting their raiders the mount from LK.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Deputy Moonman said:
I'm kind of annoyed that they decided on another legendary staff. I imagine healers will be first in line for it.
Um, no.

It's a staff because staves are the only weapon that all DPS casters can equip.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
keeblerdrow said:
Finally! A legendary dps staff for my warrior!

/fail

By which I mean failure to read; the word "caster" was in fact specified.

ACE 1991 said:
Have they released system specs for cataclysm yet?

Yes they have.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/arti...ber=1&searchQuery=Minimum+system+requirements

Minimum System Requirements
Windows® System XP/XP64/Vista/Vista64/7** OS (with the latest Service Packs or updates):

- Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon™ 9500 video card or better
- 25.0 GB available HD space
- 4X DVD-ROM drive (Downloadable Installer also available)
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard/mouse

Mac® OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.4, or newer:

- Intel processor
- 2 GB RAM or higher
- 25.0 GB available HD space
- 4X DVD-ROM Drive
- Broadband Internet connection

Recommended Specifications

Windows® System Vista64/Windows 7 OS:

- Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- 2 GB RAM
- 256 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600 or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
- Multi-button mouse with scroll-wheel

Mac® OS X 10.6.4 or newer:

- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor - NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better
- 4 GB system RAM
- Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Oh shit, just realized I'll be finally able to play WoW on highest settings with good FPS in raids!

Top of the line PC <3

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Speaking of specs, I'm playing on a PC with onboard graphics while I wait for a new card.

So, this image looks like poop, but... :D

After 4 kills:
ZmJLY.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom