• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I was messing around on my troll warrior last night and noticed some NPC somewhere was shouting that the end of the world was coming. I assume this is related to the halloween event?

I know i don't see it in any of the major cities on my alliance characters.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
notworksafe said:
Nope. End of the world cult is part of the pre-Cata event.

Oh sweet. I thought it might have been, But since i haven't seen or heard any of it on my alliance chars i wasn't sure.

Maybe i should have stepped outside of the major cities :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
Could be a bit tricky depending on your class and gear
I find it possible, but annoying, on a Frost Mage. It requires too much messing around to really make it simple.

DK's require almost no effort to do it. Just spec blood, reforge some mastery and you will be fine, but you'd be fine doing nothing and just using Death Strike sometimes.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just got back in from Blizzcon - awesome time.

Sure the convention sucked as far as announcement goes, but I met up with a lot of people from Twitter and shit so it was great that way.

Deputy Moonman said:
I can't get myself to bother with MT anymore, at least not for the white hawkstrider. I don't know why blizz thought that riding an ostrich would be cool. I imagine the first thing blood elfs do upon reaching level 20 is work on getting a different mount. I guess I could run MT for the pet, but I stopped after I got my orb of the sin'dorei.

Haha same. I can deal with the noise, but if I had a choice, I'd opt for something quieter and less obnoxious. I find myself cursing my computer screen every time i fail to enter my login/authenticator info fast enough.
The kind of person that rolls blood elf deserves to ride an ostrich.

Rokam

So I'm leveling my ret pally and have been noticing Holy Power acting weirdly. Used an ability instantly got 3 Holy Power (Zealotry had not been used). And with 3 Holy Power you can Divine Storm, get 2 Holy Power DS again, and you'll get 1 Holy Power. I realize DS is pretty much useless but if there's nothing to kill around I'll spam it for the graphic. Not sure why it's generating extra holy power, any help?

Alex

Maybe it's a hotfix from something they said at the panel, like Divine Plea giving 3 Holy Power, or something about Divine Purpose under Zealotry.

Don't ever touch Ret when I mess with my Paladin though, so can't offer much more in the way of thoughts!

Lolligag

Rokam said:
So I'm leveling my ret pally and have been noticing Holy Power acting weirdly. Used an ability instantly got 3 Holy Power (Zealotry had not been used). And with 3 Holy Power you can Divine Storm, get 2 Holy Power DS again, and you'll get 1 Holy Power. I realize DS is pretty much useless but if there's nothing to kill around I'll spam it for the graphic. Not sure why it's generating extra holy power, any help?
Divine Purpose was probably the cause of all those extra holy power. Were you aoeing? Divine Storm, Holy Wrath are both in that talent. Each hit from those list of spells has a chance of generating holy power. Crusader Strike will always give you a point.

Rokam

That answers the magically getting 3 HP, but not sure why using DS when there are no mobs around gives me 2 HP if I use it at 3 HP.

Edit: Nevermind, it's Blizzard's way of telling you that you done fucked up and not taking away all your Holy Power, because you can't aim.

lordmrw

My frustration at seeing so many people with Kingslayer continues. All the guilds that still do it on my server don't need puggers so I'm more or less screwed there. All the guilds I used to do progression with have stopped raiding too. Ugh, sucks because I know the fight and have done it a number of times, I just need a group of other people with the same level of experience.

yacobod

Banned
lordmrw said:
My frustration at seeing so many people with Kingslayer continues. All the guilds that still do it on my server don't need puggers so I'm more or less screwed there. All the guilds I used to do progression with have stopped raiding too. Ugh, sucks because I know the fight and have done it a number of times, I just need a group of other people with the same level of experience.

or transfer to a better server and get KS in a pug

Dunlop

yacobod said:
or transfer to a better server and get KS in a pug

While ICC has definately become easymode, I would rather pull my teeth out than have to deal with the defile mechanics with a PUG

Sober

Dunlop said:
While ICC has definately become easymode, I would rather pull my teeth out than have to deal with the defile mechanics with a PUG
Honestly, if you can carry some dps, regular kingslayer is pretty simple since you can make up for them by just having them die on transition 1 or something (jump off) and either way defile is a joke in regular unless you intentionally park 3 people in it. But pugging tanks and healers in that phase? Good luck with that. I don't really trust anyone but a guildie to tank it with me (and I've started a new guild, so this new tank is pretty meh for either LK or the shamblers since he's never done it before) or I don't trust any pug healer to either keep up with Infest or the tank damage unless you want to 3-heal it.

Hell, my third Light of Dawn kill, my hunter friend died hitting a frost sphere coming into the Valk phase and he sat there while we killed it without him. :lol

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Got the Mount this morning, unfortunately everyone left the group before I looted so couldn't gloat :(

So my running partner got "the Hallowed" title before me. He somehow managed to acquire three (3) squashlings and then eventually the helm. I was so frustrated but I kept chugging along, doing my best to get what I could.

And then it happened. I defeated the horseman over the weekend and not only did he drop a squashling, but I got the reins too. Right after I left the instance, I went and did the daily and found the helm in my gift box! Mount and title get!

What a ridiculous turn of events. I guess that was payback for getting absolutely nothing from Direbrew. This horse fits my warlock a bit better than a ram or kodo anyway. :D

Kletian

I think at this rate everyone but me has the dang horse.

Though I guess that's what I get for literally stumbling upon the Time Lost awhile back.

Garryk

Leveling a tankadin through Northrend is ridiculously OP with a WoG build. Absoutely zero downtime and stuff dies pretty fast too, 10k crits from HoW at 70.

So I just started playign again this week. Had a level 80 Shadow Priest that I didnt do much with before. (stopped playing right after 3.1 came out btw)

Right now I'm grinding Argent Tournament rep, as well as doing random heroics to get JP to buy an equipment set (will probably buy the healing set as well for Holy spec). Also need to save about 3.5k more gold for epic flying.

Is there anything else I should be doing right now?

If you want to Armory me, I'm Crozius on Quel'Dorei.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The Lamonster said:
As a hunter, I was not happy about losing Volley ...but then I noticed how many missiles are now in my Multi-Shot :D
And then you noticed it does 55% weapon damage, right? I hate our AOE now.

LaserBuddha said:
So I just started playign again this week. Had a level 80 Shadow Priest that I didnt do much with before. (stopped playing right after 3.1 came out btw)

Right now I'm grinding Argent Tournament rep, as well as doing random heroics to get JP to buy an equipment set (will probably buy the healing set as well for Holy spec). Also need to save about 3.5k more gold for epic flying.

Is there anything else I should be doing right now?

If you want to Armory me, I'm Crozius on Quel'Dorei.
Only other thing I can think of is working on your professions unless you've already maxed them. Even the secondary ones. It doesn't hurt to have them.

Also, regular old questing/dailies is actually pretty good money. I'm up to 13k and that's after purchasing my epic flying for 4k. I rarely use the auction house, I sold most of my quest rewards to vendors and I have the [Loremaster of Northrend] achievement. If you're an enchanter, you'll probably make more by DE'ing your quest rewards.

Don't forget to do the weekly raid too!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Kletian said:
I think at this rate everyone but me has the dang horse.

Though I guess that's what I get for literally stumbling upon the Time Lost awhile back.

Nah, i've got lots of lvl 80s(many many alts i barely touch, but whatever) and only 2 of them got the horses and i kill the Horseman everyday on each of them. If i was like some people who only have 1 or 2 lvl 80s, i would not have a horse yet that's for sure.

Hixx

I can't play on Live anymore.I go on to have a bit craic with the guild then log off after 10 mins cos there's fuck all to do. 6 weeks...

Repgnar

Re-subbed this weekend for my 75 warlock. Plan is to hit 80 before Cata, hopefully before the pre-cata event just incase there's a level requirement to get some of that stuff done. Has there been any word on when they plan on starting that?

Magnus

I'm pissed, like everyone else I'm sure, that the emergence of Deathwing has to be a nebulous event that will never actually occur at any moment. I mean, it can't really, unless Blizzard heavily advertises a schedule for it (which kind of kills the magic of the moment), and then the servers would be flooded with people trying to be online for it.

Instead, 4.03 (or whatever the Cataclysm patch is) will hit and Deathwing will be up, the world will have changed, and we won't actually get to witness the instant things go crazy.

It's an illegitimate complaint. I know it can't practically happen. I just wish it could and am being whiny. :D

It'd be great if each week over the next month, we got to see some of the emergence happening. Maybe on a given day (or 2 days), we'd see his fist emerge in a phased portion of terrain near wherever Deepholm is going to be. Like a slow, violent emergence that take place over a few weeks.

And if it was phased, you could essentially have a quest or two (just for the sake of keeping it phased appropriate to the player; no actual quest goals to accomplish) to make sure every player can step into a pocket of phased terrain and get to witness some of the emergence.

I mean, this event deserves the same kind of player interaction and viewing experience that the Wrathgate did, surely, right?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Magnus said:
I'm pissed, like everyone else I'm sure, that the emergence of Deathwing has to be a nebulous event that will never actually occur at any moment. I mean, it can't really, unless Blizzard heavily advertises a schedule for it (which kind of kills the magic of the moment), and then the servers would be flooded with people trying to be online for it.

Instead, 4.03 (or whatever the Cataclysm patch is) will hit and Deathwing will be up, the world will have changed, and we won't actually get to witness the instant things go crazy.

It's an illegitimate complaint. I know it can't practically happen. I just wish it could and am being whiny. :D

It'd be great if each week over the next month, we got to see some of the emergence happening. Maybe on a given day (or 2 days), we'd see his fist emerge in a phased portion of terrain near wherever Deepholm is going to be. Like a slow, violent emergence that take place over a few weeks.

And if it was phased, you could essentially have a quest or two (just for the sake of keeping it phased appropriate to the player; no actual quest goals to accomplish) to make sure every player can step into a pocket of phased terrain and get to witness some of the emergence.

I think what Blizzard want us to do instead, is that when patch 4.0.3 releases, that we go watch the CG intro on youtube before logging in the 1st time.

Blizzard : There you go! Deathwing is there and the world is fucked, now... GO PLAY!

Oh COME ON! </gob> I just got rejected from an ICC 10 PUG as a DPS (Shadowpriest) and I'm wearing 3/5 T10, else mostly 232-245 stuff, one iLvL 200 trinket. (my gear score is around 5.1k) I mean sure, you'll easily find people with better gear than me but still. Lot of the stuff I wear is the best I can obtain at the moment, outside of ToGC and ICC. My server kinda sucks.
And isn't ICC supposed to be a lot easier now? The only raid I've done since 4.0.1 hit was ToC and that was basically a faceroll.

OK a friend is now telling me not to get the JP gear, but instead save my JP and buy an 85 set when Cataclysm comes out.

Sounds like a good idea.

What is the best way to earn JP? I am trying to get an heirloom that is 2k something and the heroic 5-mans are just giving me a small handful...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
If you think about it, a lot of stuff couldn't be seamless anyway. Tons of construction and wildlife growth. Months to years have to pass.

So, two of the few things they could have done was shown Deathwing exit and wreck SW in an instance to avoid AQ bullshit. But, we got a cutscene there. Which deserves to be in top quality.

They also could have phased Org construction.

It would have been a ton of effort for something only seen once, so that's why they didn't do it. If they went for 100%... phasing/instancing the whole old world would be a huge task.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What's the fastest way to get Crusader? I think it'd personally take me 163 days with 4 Writ's a day. I need org, silvermoon, TB, Sen'Jin, and UC.

I guess quests since it's a DK.

Infinity

*Sigh* still no HH mount. As my DK brethren say, "WE PRESS ON!"

But, I've been out of the game since last year, and over the past few days I've been able to get some good gear through JP's and drops.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Acidote said:
New mounts run today, no horseman, reins no anzu, no white chicken, no raptor, no tiger and no deathcharger.
Fiery Warhorse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom