• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Flib said:
What druid specs have you tried?

Primarily resto and boomkin. Hots are so boring. The Eclipse mechanics seem interesting so I'll give 4.0 Boomkin a try again. I just don't get the cool-factor of transforming into things like an owlkin or an animal, but I can appreciate how it can be an appealing class trait.

Briefly flirted with feral tanking a year ago in some BC dungeons. I felt like a big dope running around as a bear, nothing seemed interesting.

Flib

Magnus said:
Primarily resto and boomkin. Hots are so boring. The Eclipse mechanics seem interesting so I'll give 4.0 Boomkin a try again. I just don't get the cool-factor of transforming into things like an owlkin or an animal, but I can appreciate how it can be an appealing class trait.

Briefly flirted with feral tanking a year ago in some BC dungeons. I felt like a big dope running around as a bear, nothing seemed interesting.

Feral tanking is way more interesting/fun now, but maybe you should try being a cat. Or maybe being a druid isn't for you! I'm feral/resto, recently tried balance but didn't really like it all that much. Prefer my hunter for ranged dps.

I personally am not a huge fan of being an animal, but I really like the way druids play so I'm kind of stuck. Oh, except swift flight form, which is, of course, the best thing in the game.

Macattk15 said:
You relatively new to raiding I'm guessing? Raiding Naxx at this point in time? If one of the better guilds on your server is still running Naxx well then I am worried for your server!

Not trying to be a dick. Yeah the first time in Naxx is pretty epic, especially if you never had done it in Vanilla. You can get better epics in heroics than in Naxx though :(

Just wait till you see Ulduar if you've never done that .... 10000000000x better than Naxx.
New to raiding is an understatement. It was my first raid ever. I only started playing my main again maybe 2 or 3 months ago(?). Something like that. Maybe a little further back. And yes, I passed on all the gear from Naxx, lol.

They were running it to try to get "the Undying" title for some people and to see how my friend and I performed. If it makes any difference, we did 10man ICC last night. Also, the guild leader mentioned that they had fully taken down every bit of WotLK raid content within the past week except for ToGC. I'm not sure how much for that was normal mode or heroic, but they raid A LOT. And they raid for fun, not just for gear score. It was a really pleasant experience.

I know most guilds now, if they raid anything, it's ICC. And these guys do to, but it was nice to run with them on some easier content, get some achievements and some JP, and have a good time. So you may see Naxx as a waste of time, but they see it as fun and I think that's what it's all about. I'm really glad they don't take themselves too seriously. The atmosphere is really nice. I'm very happy with our decision and happy that they took us in.

SquirrelNuckle said:
Just wait till you get some better gear. I prefer Affliction for high end raiding, but I like Destro a lot as well. I was doing around 11k last night against Saurfang.
Good god man. And that's as Affliction? I can see why you like it. And fyi, I'm only in T9 stuff. I think the best piece of equipment I have is Quel'Delar, Lens of the Mind.

Magnus said:
I really want the cool factor back in my game, so I was thinking DK, but I also really enjoy being a rarer commodity and doing the critical job, which is why I've gravitated toward priest and shaman (and the priest will always be my #1). DK's just seem way too common. Right?

Not if you're a DK tank!

Do Druid bear forms swim faster? I was chasing some Horde guy in STV and he ran to the beach and swam deep underwater and I lost him somehow.

Rapstah

The Lamonster said:
Do Druid bear forms swim faster? I was chasing some Horde guy in STV and he ran to the beach and swam deep underwater and I lost him somehow.
No, but druids in general have Aquatic Form which makes them swim faster.

Flib

Druid_AquaForm-NE.jpg

Dr. Pangloss said:
I've been looking at this for the past hour http://www.wowwiki.com/Cataclysm_map_comparison

Pretty neat stuff and they are adding a ton of flight paths. I think 1000 Needles takes the prize as most changed:

I mean what animals can you kill in that. Its all underwater. Glad my priest is undead.

Azshara looks completely different, too. aesthetically it was my favorite zone in the game, but the quests really needed to be redon.

Looking at that map makes me want the new 1-60 content so badly. Blizz needs to stop being buttholes and release 4.0.3 already.

J-Rzez

Skel said:
Just wanted to post and say my guild just killed Lich King last night after only starting raiding 3 months ago :) Really freaking pumped.

Guild website if interested:
nosummons.mmoguildsites.com

Grats. HM's really aren't too bad. My guild got back together recently and decided to go into HM's and we're 11/12 as of yesterday. So, hopefully Sunday we'll drop HLK.

Grats Sax on the "Not that retarded horse".

Macattk15

Rapstah said:
If he was pulling 6-7k DPS raid buffed, I'm fairly sure he had no need for Naxx loot. Champion of the Frozen Wastes title maybe?

I don't know. The new specs and mechanics to some classes did some retarded things! I don't know how it is for Warlocks. Also I can't remember back to raiding Naxx @ 80 in early WotLK for comparison.

J-Rzez

Confused101 said:
New to raiding is an understatement. It was my first raid ever. I only started playing my main again maybe 2 or 3 months ago(?). Something like that. Maybe a little further back. And yes, I passed on all the gear from Naxx, lol.

They were running it to try to get "the Undying" title for some people and to see how my friend and I performed. If it makes any difference, we did 10man ICC last night. Also, the guild leader mentioned that they had fully taken down every bit of WotLK raid content within the past week except for ToGC. I'm not sure how much for that was normal mode or heroic, but they raid A LOT. And they raid for fun, not just for gear score. It was a really pleasant experience.

I know most guilds now, if they raid anything, it's ICC. And these guys do to, but it was nice to run with them on some easier content, get some achievements and some JP, and have a good time. So you may see Naxx as a waste of time, but they see it as fun and I think that's what it's all about. I'm really glad they don't take themselves too seriously. The atmosphere is really nice. I'm very happy with our decision and happy that they took us in.

This is key with looking for a long term guild. Those that have to be bleeding edge usually have loads of drama with them in my experience. But those that are there to have fun, and have good players usually do not have any form of drama, just dry spells where people get burnt out like my guild lol. Sure we're the number 1 10-man guild on our server, but we never do things as a competition which is nice, as it's relaxing as you're doing it for fun.

When loot drops our raid is usually like this: "Um, you take it man". "Naw- naw, all you man". If someone really wanted a piece for a while, it's basically auto-looted to them, as long as every upgrade isn't a "wanted piece" heh.

Great group of guys in my guild. I can honestly say they're the only reason I'm still playing this game, despite it's frustrating and glaring flaws, it's the most fun I ever had in an online game chatting on vent and joking around. If I didn't have this guild, I would have quited years ago.

Rapstah

Confused, I wish I could transfer to your server if your kind of guild actually exists... my server is basically a mess of Dutch people advertising their nationalist guilds in Trade chat followed by hours of "LEUK HOLLAND" with Swedish nationalist guilds trying to get attention inbetween. The rest of trade chat is "LFM ICC alt run, 295 item level and 13/12 achi". I need a guild so badly :/

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
This is key with looking for a long term guild. Those that have to be bleeding edge usually have loads of drama with them in my experience. But those that are there to have fun, and have good players usually do not have any form of drama, just dry spells where people get burnt out like my guild lol. Sure we're the number 1 10-man guild on our server, but we never do things as a competition which is nice, as it's relaxing as you're doing it for fun.

When loot drops our raid is usually like this: "Um, you take it man". "Naw- naw, all you man". If someone really wanted a piece for a while, it's basically auto-looted to them, as long as every upgrade isn't a "wanted piece" heh.

Great group of guys in my guild. I can honestly say they're the only reason I'm still playing this game, despite it's frustrating and glaring flaws, it's the most fun I ever had in an online game chatting on vent and joking around. If I didn't have this guild, I would have quited years ago.
My guild is the same way. Hanging out with everyone on vent is the best part of the game! Though even with that raiding has basically lost all appeal. At least ICC has gotten dull. I'd be willing to give another Undying run a shot.

We had it perfect until the last boss we needed (Thaddius), then we hit some weird bug and got zapped by some super lightning or something right as the minibosses went down. His activation wasn't delayed at all. So three people got one-shot when we were so close to the title. Very disheartening. :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah i was guildless for months a while ago, but since i joined some mature casual raiding guild(2 in fact, 1 for my alliance toons, 1 for my horde toons) where members just enjoy playing for fun with little to no drama, i found the game more enjoyable. I can do 5 mans without worrying about idiots insulting me or others, and even do some old raids just for the hell of it. Never did the BC raids before, and in the last month, i did Gruul, Magtheridon, Serpenshrine Cavern, Black Temple & Sunwell. :D

Magnus

I guess I've been lucky to be part of a great guild for all five years so far; we're definitely not bleeding-edge, and at our very best (BC raiding) we were usually 2nd-4th server, and 2nd or 3rd Alliance side, but then our server (Suramar)'s always been a little slower than most high-end PvE servers.

We play for fun, we have our serious dry spells once a year (and always for two months just prior to an expansion, so the lack of raiding right now isn't a surprise at all).

Retro

Got an e-mail this morning; those goofy Reinvention threads I did over at MMO Champion gave some inspiration to a guy who created a "Make Ogres Playable" site, Ogri'la. A playable Ogre race is officially a badass-enough idea that I had to share it (and they make a lot more sense than Spacegoats and Furries, right?).

k1uurm.jpg

Yeah... it has Create-an-Ogre... Awesome.

Retro

The Lamonster said:
I agree, an Ogre race would be awesome. More races, the better IMO

Not just that, but he's put together some really clever Racials, a bunch of possible starting zones, and the Caster classes get two heads while the melee classes get one... it's pretty slick, honestly, and he makes a good case.

Soroc

notworksafe said:
My guild is the same way. Hanging out with everyone on vent is the best part of the game! Though even with that raiding has basically lost all appeal. At least ICC has gotten dull. I'd be willing to give another Undying run a shot.

We had it perfect until the last boss we needed (Thaddius), then we hit some weird bug and got zapped by some super lightning or something right as the minibosses went down. His activation wasn't delayed at all. So three people got one-shot when we were so close to the title. Very disheartening. :(

Just curious, did you guys already do Noth and get passed that? If so and then a bug killing a couple on Thadius is extremely disheartening :(

J-Rzez said:
We had this happen in ICC last night. My DK friend has been OT'ing for our group and a tank piece dropped. Both our tanks could use it and they went back and forth saying the other should take it. The guild leader (yes, the guild leader decided to join us) decided that the MT should get it as my friend had already acquired some newer stuff. The MT went as far as whispering our GL saying she really felt my friend could make better use of it. Our GL then started saying that the biggest arguments he's seen have been about people trying to give other people loot. I thought that was pretty awesome. He said the ones that start whining about how they deserve loot or get that elitist attitude usually end up not staying around much longer.

The GL seems like a really nice guy but he's very firm when it comes to his guild's policies. I think this is good though. He's not afraid to to give a /gkick when it's necessary. Not that he kicks out people left and right, but apparently there's been drama with people sharing the vent for random PuGs and a couple of guildmates that have been pretty shitty to others both inside and out of the guild. I don't think he's too worried about losing 2 or 3 people. The guild has 220+ members.

Soroc said:
Just curious, did you guys already do Noth and get passed that? If so and then a bug killing a couple on Thadius is extremely disheartening :(
That's incredibly unlucky and a shame. =(

Our 3 deaths included 1 on Grobbulus and 2 on Instructor Razuvious because of some silly glitch with the mind control. Noth and Thaddius went rather smooth actually. We even burned Heigan down before we had to do the dance.

Edit: Apologies for the double post.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Confused101 said:
The guild has 220+ members.

I've been wondering how does this sort of a guild operate, raid-wise. Do you just have a lot of static groups that do their own thing or what? Anyone have any experience on one?

Sort of interested in a massive guild like that, for casual play. Would always find someone to do shit with :D

Soroc

Confused101 said:
That's incredibly unlucky and a shame. =(

Our 3 deaths included 1 on Grobbulus and 2 on Instructor Razuvious because of some silly glitch with the mind control. Noth and Thaddius went rather smooth actually. We even burned Heigan down before we had to do the dance.

Edit: Apologies for the double post.

Hey confused, you guild does sound sweet, what is the name and what server is it on? are you horde or ally?

notworksafe

Soroc said:
Thaddius was the very last boss we needed. Such a bummer when we got zapped. I considered petitioning a GM, but they probably wouldn't have done anything. Might try it again next week or something.

Macattk15

I'll be raiding casual in Cata after just getting so burned out in a "bleeding edge" guild that eventually killed itself due to drama and the such. We were battling for like US 5th LK Heroic kill or something and after weeks and weeeeeeks of wiping people just began being assholes.

That destroyed the mind set of some people in the guild .... our guild leader was also INSANE ... and VERY immature ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5mcOUu2Wfc

Listen to him after a rogue fucked up our Tribute to Insanity kill when we would of been server first wayyyyy back in November. Luckily people like that don't bother me and I just laugh at their patheticness and keep on truckin'.

But it became too much in ICC and LK Heroic .... people just dropped one by one and we couldn't even get a raid together often towards the end.

Just don't want to put up with that again. Wanna raid and have fun and dick around again.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Macattk15 said:
Just don't want to put up with that again. Wanna raid and have fun and dick around again.

I'm exactly in the same mindset as you.

I just want to find a stable guild with a good core that raids proper and has fun doing it.

Osaka said:
I've been wondering how does this sort of a guild operate, raid-wise. Do you just have a lot of static groups that do their own thing or what? Anyone have any experience on one?

Sort of interested in a massive guild like that, for casual play. Would always find someone to do shit with :D
Well this guild has a little ritual which is how we found out about them in the first place. At 8:00pm server time, we all gather around the flight circle in Dalaran. We mount up on our dragons, join the vent general channel and the GL tells us what we're going to be doing. He does his little spiel in game, he counts down 3, 2, 1, we /mountspecial and fly away. From there, the GL and raid leaders split up everyone into 10 or 25 man raids respectively, each raid gets assigned a vent channel and we go from there. I was very surprised at how well they organized it. Last night we 25-man'd Patchwerk for the weekly raid quest, then we lost a couple, so we did two 10-man ICC raids. A couple people had to sit out, but a lot of people volunteered to. Wasn't a big deal at all. Great communication and respect.

Don't forget... 8 o'clock is raid o'clock!

Soroc said:
Hey confused, you guild does sound sweet, what is the name and what server is it on? are you horde or ally?
The name is Zen, we are ally, and we're located on the Sisters of Elune server. Yes, it's an RP server. I feel that, because it's an RP server, many people are there to actually enjoy themselves rather than be the absolute, bleeding edge best. There's very little RP, but almost everyone I come across has a welcoming, helpful attitude. I like my server a lot.

notworksafe

Osaka said:

I just want to find a stable guild with a good core that raids proper and has fun doing it.
That's why I joined the guild I'm in now. I was just burned out from my old 25 man hardcore (5 days a week) raiding guild. The one I'm in now has nice people (150ish members), doesn't do 25s (officially, though many join PuG GDKPs), and manages to progress through content while only raiding one day a week. Right now, we're just getting LK kills for the last few people in the guild that don't have it. Not sure what else is left to do after that...

Luckily we play other games like SC2, L4D, and TF2 together when we get bored of WoW! :D

Flib

Confused101 said:
The name is Zen, we are ally, and we're located on the Sisters of Elune server. Yes, it's an RP server. I feel that, because it's an RP server, many people are there to actually enjoy themselves rather than be the absolute, bleeding edge best. There's very little RP, but almost everyone I come across has a welcoming, helpful attitude. I like my server a lot.

Oh god, Sisters of Elune. I'm in the same battlegroup, and I always get nervous when I get players from there. This weekend I did pit of saron on my druid, hoping for a quick run, and all of the randoms were guildmates from that server...ended up dying on one of the pulls before the first boss because the healer and one of the dps were just dancing and blowing kisses at each other instead of healing me. Did the same thing on Garfrost, and right before I died the healer said brb and apparently ported to Dalaran to repair. This was in the middle of a boss fight.

I'm well-geared, but eventually I will die on ICC 5-man bosses without healing. That was only one of my bad experiences (though your guild sounds nice).

Evlar

Banned
Flib said:
Oh god, Sisters of Elune. I'm in the same battlegroup, and I always get nervous when I get players from there. This weekend I did pit of saron on my druid, hoping for a quick run, and all of the randoms were guildmates from that server...ended up dying on one of the pulls before the first boss because the healer and one of the dps were just dancing and blowing kisses at each other instead of healing me. Did the same thing on Garfrost, and right before I died the healer said brb and apparently ported to Dalaran to repair. This was in the middle of a boss fight.

I'm well-geared, but eventually I will die on ICC 5-man bosses without healing. That was only one of my bad experiences (though your guild sounds nice).
That's hilarious.

Soroc

Osaka said:

Same here and now that I'm lvln a new toon as much as I love the LFD the fact that every group I run with is toons from another server I never really see anyone from my own server to get a feel if I'd like to join their guild.

Its actually a really weird dynamic that the LFD seems to have made the game more anti social lol

Flib said:
Oh god, Sisters of Elune.
:lol

Your chances of being grouped with SoE players will go down though if it's any consolation. Check this awesome shit out.

To facilitate better matchmaking for the Whirlwind and Emberstorm Battlegroups, players on the following realms will now have a chance to be matched together when using the Dungeon Finder or the Random Battleground system.

Whirlwind
Anub'arak, Blackwater Raiders, Bladefist, Cenarion Circle, Cenarius, Darrowmere, Echo Isles, Fenris, Hyjal, Korialstrasz, Lightbringer, Maiev, Misha, Ravenholdt, Shu'halo, Sisters of Elune, The Forgotten Coast, Uther, Vashj, Winterhoof

Emberstorm
Antonidas, Borean Tundra, Cairne, Drak'Tharon, Drenden, Farstriders, Garrosh, Hydraxis, Mok'Nathal, Moon Guard, Nazgrel, Nordrassil, Quel'dorei, Rivendare, Shandris, Tortheldrin, Wyrmrest Accord

We feel this change will reduce wait times and provide players on these realms with a more enjoyable dungeon and Battleground experience. While Whirlwind and Emberstorm are currently the only Battlegroups sharing a matchmaking pool, we expect to link all Battlegroups within a region once we've determined the effectiveness of this change within these first two Battlegroups.

Though there's still a chance you're going to get the odd SoE'er that does nothing but /flirt with everyone in your PuG. It's a weird place, I won't lie. But it's home. :lol

Flib

Haha, yeah, interested to see how that all will change. I'm a tank, so i don't really have queue waiting issues, but it would be nice to not have to wait 12 minutes in case I wanted to chill out and dps.

Flib said:
Haha, yeah, interested to see how that all will change. I'm a tank, so i don't really have queue waiting issues, but it would be nice to not have to wait 12 minutes in case I wanted to chill out and dps.

DPS will still have long waits, it doesn't matter how many battlegroups they use to pair people up with. The best way to decrease queue times would be to make dungeons 1 tank, 1 healer, and 4 dps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom