• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

McNei1y said:
People in LFG are so dumb.
You honestly could have stopped there, and we'd all agree with you. The community in this game never ceases to surprise me by how low it can sink.

Deacan said:
Take it lots of half Dragon half Illegitimate son of Illidan who is also a vampire warewolf.
"... with a 20 inch cock AND lady parts." is generally how that sentence would end, but otherwise that's a pretty close approximation.

-NeoTB1-

Confused101 said:
The name is Zen, we are ally, and we're located on the Sisters of Elune server. Yes, it's an RP server. I feel that, because it's an RP server, many people are there to actually enjoy themselves rather than be the absolute, bleeding edge best. There's very little RP, but almost everyone I come across has a welcoming, helpful attitude. I like my server a lot.

Cool, I have a 60-something Horde Hunter on SoE. I used to play Ally there as well, but transferred off long, long ago. Now my Alliance toons reside on Moon Guard (another RP server). I play Horde mostly on Proudmoore (PvE).

I don't get the hate for RP servers either. It doesn't really bother me, though. The people on RP servers tend to me more helpful and friendly, and it promotes a more interesting and immersive atmosphere in my experience. But YMMV. I have just as much fun raiding on my Horde Pally as I do geeking it up with guildmates on my Ally toons.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
TomServo said:
I've found there's some karma in it.

Had a terrible random CoS on my warlock, to the point where the people didn't know how to start the instance. I gave up, called them terrible, and left.

How? How can you get a full group where no one knows how to start COS? I mean all you have to do is talk to Chromie right at the beginning. I can't believe none of them ever did it before.

Tacitus_

The Lamonster said:
Are there any plans to expand the Dungeon Finder? Right now it only supports 5mans but I'd love to use it for 10 and 25mans too.

They won't. The vast majority of puggers are so bad that it makes completing 5m heroics annoying. Raids would be a nightmare with that amount of retards.

^And that's pretty much the official reason, they just stated it more nicely.

The Lamonster said:
Are there any plans to expand the Dungeon Finder? Right now it only supports 5mans but I'd love to use it for 10 and 25mans too.

That would suck. Raids aren't so easy that you can throw 10/25 random retards together and expect success.

Plus it wouldn't really work with how lockouts work.

Bisnic

Acidote said:
They should expand it to let you lfg for classic and BC dungeons.

You already can do that... Unless you mean doing them at max lvl, but whats the point when you can solo them?

TomServo

Bisnic said:
How? How can you get a full group where no one knows how to start COS? I mean all you have to do is talk to Chromie right at the beginning. I can't believe none of them ever did it before.

When the dungeon finder zoned everyone in we were put in Stratholme. I had to ride all the way back to Chromie to start it and warp back in.

Trasher

I bought a gem, socketed it in my relic, and then it disappeared... My combat log said I applied it though. :lol

In other news, I can't believe this video is already over 500,000 views. The dude is a legend now!

Ferny

I wish they would expand LFG for max levels too. Would make it easier to help friends with dungeons that need to be completed. Having a LFG for raids would be awesome but doubt it'll ever happen. It would be wipe after wipe.

Trasher said:
I bought a gem, socketed it in my relic, and then it disappeared... My combat log said I applied it though. :lol

In other news, I can't believe this video is already over 500,000 views. The dude is a legend now!

Yes I wasted 2 epic gems on my libram, blizzard CS is aware of the bug though

Acidote

Bisnic said:
You already can do that... Unless you mean doing them at max lvl, but whats the point when you can solo them?

Level 80. Not having to travel to the place. Yes, I'm a lazy ass :lol

DeathNote said:
Every server has assholes and noobs. You can guild with relaxed people or elitists. Dungeon finder will pair you with non RPers. You can exit out of trade chat. Only RP servers have ERP creepers.

The choice is clear.
Good points. I concede. Don't expect me to transfer all my characters out though.

-NeoTB1- said:
I don't get the hate for RP servers either. It doesn't really bother me, though. The people on RP servers tend to me more helpful and friendly, and it promotes a more interesting and immersive atmosphere in my experience. But YMMV. I have just as much fun raiding on my Horde Pally as I do geeking it up with guildmates on my Ally toons.
It doesn't bother me either. If it did, I wouldn't have rolled on that server. I can understand a bit of the RP server hate. It's a different level of nerdery. What I don't understand are people that roll on an RP server and then slam the people that RP. Unless that was their intention all along and then they're just being douchelords. I never understood people that go out of their way to ruin an experience for someone else.

But DeathNote's right. There's no shortage of assholes on any server.

Bisnic

Acidote said:
Level 80. Not having to travel to the place. Yes, I'm a lazy ass :lol

Considering that to enter an instance from the dungeon finder, you need 4 more people, you would always end up with 4 other low lvl "noobs" just because of your laziness. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Confused101 said:
Good points. I concede. Don't expect me to transfer all my characters out though.

It doesn't bother me either. If it did, I wouldn't have rolled on that server. I can understand a bit of the RP server hate. It's a different level of nerdery. What I don't understand are people that roll on an RP server and then slam the people that RP. Unless that was their intention all along and then they're just being douchelords. I never understood people that go out of their way to ruin an experience for someone else.

But DeathNote's right. There's no shortage of assholes on any server.
Having a good guild is the best way to play, and it doesn't matter where the guild is. So there's no reason to xfer.

I think leveling without a guild would suck unless you want to RP. You don't know who you can talk to casually. People slow walking to quests. Sex parties. You're not supposed to talk off topic in many chats, but you have RP trolls. Cyber whispers.

I signed on one last night and a higher level was sitting there waiting outside the human starting area. He says "excuse me sir". Who just sits around waiting for human conversation? Creepy.

HildyB

So I started a Warlock for fun and discovered they had removed the pet bar for the imp. Then at 8 I got my Voidwalker and it introduced the pet bar. I log in this morning to find it gone! I have my pet, I've dismissed and re-summoned. Still gone. I've disabled all my addons, still gone!

Did some searching and seems NEW characters with pets (hunters & locks) have had this issue. Anyone else? Anyone have a fix?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HildyB said:
So I started a Warlock for fun and discovered they had removed the pet bar for the imp. Then at 8 I got my Voidwalker and it introduced the pet bar. I log in this morning to find it gone! I have my pet, I've dismissed and re-summoned. Still gone. I've disabled all my addons, still gone!

Did some searching and seems NEW characters with pets (hunters & locks) have had this issue. Anyone else? Anyone have a fix?
Pretty sure you get it at level 10. I had it pop up on level 1.

See if you have a control pet ability learned or going to be learned in your spellbook.

HildyB

DeathNote said:
Pretty sure you get it at level 10. I had it pop up on level 1.

See if you have a control pet ability learned or going to be learned in your spellbook.

Ah, you are correct, it popped up once, which i guess was the glitch. Looks like 10 is the magic number. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me.. I are not good at stuffs.:lol

DeathNote said:
Having a good guild is the best way to play, and it doesn't matter where the guild is. So there's no reason to xfer.
This is very true. A good guild can keep you logging in even when there's very little to do. Then when there -is- stuff to do, it makes it that much more fun.

DeathNote said:
I think leveling without a guild would suck unless you want to RP. You don't know who you can talk to casually. People slow walking to quests. Sex parties. You're not supposed to talk off topic in many chats, but you have RP trolls. Cyber whispers.
I honestly never had this problem and both my 80 Horde hunter and my 80 Ally warlock are females. My hunter never joined a guild. You would think I'd be swamped with cyber whispers. Not the case. In fact, a lot of the people I used to quest with are very good friends of mine today. The conversations all pretty much started the same way too. "Hey, looks like we're working on the same quest. Wanna join up?" All is history from there.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I don't doubt that stuff exists. At the same time, I've never gone looking for it and it has never directly impacted me. At one point I almost thought RP didn't exist on our server. Guess I just didn't know where to look, lol.

DeathNote said:
I signed on one last night and a higher level was sitting there waiting outside the human starting area. He says "excuse me sir". Who just sits around waiting for human conversation? Creepy.
That is creepy. The only random conversation I've ever gotten from strangers is gold begging.

P.S. No, wait, I just thought of one. My brother started to play a warrior so I created a BE priest to run with him every now and then. I remember getting a very lengthy whisper inviting me to an RP guild while on that character. That was my most recent experience with an RP'er, haha.

Finally got some good LK practice with my guild last night. Half the group already had the achievement and I thought we could get it, but too many mistakes on defile in P2. I definitely think we can get it next time though. I just hope I get an invite lol

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Sciz said:
Heck yeah, finally geared enough to be able to solo Molten Core. I was kind of annoyed about losing poison and disease cleansing, but decursing in enhance does have its benefits.

Fraps it!

Dunlop

over 2 weeks now and there are still no transmute recipes for people who hit 450 in alchemy after the patch (I was the same day), made more annoying as gem prices in the AH on my server are through the roof

Bisnic

Tacitus_ said:
Some redshirted implosion of negative nerd stereotypes asking/correcting Metzen about some Dwarven rulers.

Oh, you mean that fat lore nerd with a red shirt who seem to have trouble to even speak normally? Yeah, that video is a little embarassing. Even the developpers were laughing at this if i remember right.

For people who wants the perfect video to mock WoW players, that's the one.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
markot said:
Yeah but they changed renew to work with the aoe one now, so it improves the heal you get from it, not for emergencies more for... just when melee isnt moving around for abit >.<
It's boring, just like the rest of healing is apparently supposed to be. Sanctuary was "fun" but not OP because it's entirely dependant on players standing under it.

Bisnic said:
Oh, you mean that fat lore nerd with a red shirt who seem to have trouble to even speak normally? Yeah, that video is a little embarassing. Even the developpers were laughing at this if i remember right.

For people who wants the perfect video to mock WoW players, that's the one.

Well...the uber nerd was completely right though.

Sober

Rapstah said:
Oh, I just came up with the best way to come into pugs. "My achievement is on my main"!
I should show up in shitty offspec gear then flash my Light of Dawn title :lol

(fact: my holy pally gear is really shitty)

Honestly half the time noone cares, I could probably try linking on in progress and they'll still invite me.

Rapstah

Sober said:
I should show up in shitty offspec gear then flash my Light of Dawn title :lol

(fact: my holy pally gear is really shitty)

Honestly half the time noone cares, I could probably try linking on in progress and they'll still invite me.
I need to try linking the wrong achievement some time... :lol

"LFM ICC25 LINK ACHI AND GS AND AVG ITEM LEVEL AND LIST OF US SPIES IN IRAN"

(links Disgracin' The Basin)

/invite

Sykotik

When I'm trying to get into certain pugs with restrictions on my "less experienced" characters, I offer to "prove experience" by logging on my "main". Mind you, that character does have KS, nothing amazing or anything, but at least it gets me into pugs.

God, I hate Frostwolf.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Why, hello there.

LsohZ.jpg

I'm ready :D

Garryk

I play on an RP server (Shadow Council) and I have never seen any RP going on. The AH is full of characteres named Bankalt and trade chat is full of Anal [______]. I've never played on another server so it scares me to think our chat might be considered "calm."

If anyone wants to start a guild on SC that would be cool. We are pretty slow on progression so opportunities abound. Also, Horde dominates WG.

HildyB

bah, I will have to wait since I ordered CE. I guess the plus side is I won't be around for the server crashes during the first few hours.

HildyB said:
bah, I will have to wait since I ordered CE. I guess the plus side is I won't be around for the server crashes during the first few hours.
Exactly. I'm really in no hurry to install Cata and roll a Worgen.

I really just want the next patch :lol

markot

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
It's boring, just like the rest of healing is apparently supposed to be. Sanctuary was "fun" but not OP because it's entirely dependant on players standing under it.
Im guessing it was too similar to ze druids one so they wanted to differentiate it abit >.>

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Osaka said:
Launch was pretty damn smooth for Wrath, at least.
Went to Wal Mart near Midnight, came home, installed, and got on. Had no problems at all.

Fucking great entry too. I remember teleporting to Stormwind, going in the awesome new section, and hitting up wonderful content all night ^_^

Mareg

What I'm really intrigued about is if they reworked the music score for Azeroth redo ?
Is it an all new musical score or remixed old tunes.

I loved the WOTLK score and am hoping they didn't cut budget on the music since this expension deal with old content...

Retro

Osaka said:
Launch was pretty damn smooth for Wrath, at least.

Yeah, same here. I went to the midnight launch of Burning Crusade at the Mall and it was incredibly lame; people loudly discussing their characters' attributes in the first person in public is cringe-inducing. The only reason I stuck around is because I'd reserved the CE.

For Wrath, I drove past the gaming stores, laughed at the nerds shivering in the snow, and picked up a copy at 11:45 at Walmart. In, out, Done.

Probably gonna just Amazon order Cataclysm, or pick it up whenever I happen to be out. Like most people, the Goblin and Worgen stuff isn't the highlight of the expansion for me.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Retro said:
Like most people, the Goblin and Worgen stuff isn't the highlight of the expansion for me.

Exact opposite for me, I'm rerolling a goblin as my new main on a server I've never played on before :D

I just wish I wont have to cash in my 7 days of free gametime just to pre-download Cata, because currently it's saying "I've used all my prepaid gametime". :( I don't really wanna open up the account before launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom