• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunlop

noleshark said:
I appreciate the advice. Thanks.

I may just start picking for gear. Mostly farming JP and trying to get to 5k gold so I can use my drake.

if you don't have it, get the atlasloot addon to see the drops of each dungeon. For money run the daily quests and I am not sure what your professons are, but there is a ton of money to be made off of selling herbs (on my server anyways)

X23 is 8 frost emblems.

Certain heirlooms cost as much as 300 frost emblems.

I get that, but it is also just fighting 1.5 bosses in a run that you would want to do in hopes of getting gear or just speed . The frost was an incentive because you could only get those 2 by the daily LFD

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Vigilant Walrus said:

That video is missing the incredibly hot Alexstrasza that was there this year, and was in the costume contest last year with the same costume. That girl is worth the "I would do her so hard that whoever could pull me out would become the rightful king of England"-picture. :lol

THIS GIRL

4398693094_f5119653e8.jpg

Holy shit. Too bad I can't find a better and bigger picture of her. :(

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dunlop said:
if you don't have it, get the atlasloot addon to see the drops of each dungeon. For money run the daily quests and I am not sure what your professons are, but there is a ton of money to be made off of selling herbs (on my server anyways)

I get that, but it is also just fighting 1.5 bosses in a run that you would want to do in hopes of getting gear or just speed . The frost was an incentive because you could only get those 2 by the daily LFD
In cat the daily will drop valor, so they realize the importance of incentive when it's current content. Right now there are two groups of people. Those who are JP capped and don't run and those who aren't and every boss in incentive. The only heroic gear that matters a bit is ICC. You might have people leave the heroic version of HOR but that's just a piece or two from LK. Other than that everyone needs to farm JP for tier 10 or old frost and it doesn't matter if the group falls apart and you miss a boss or 2.  You'd just start the queue earlier than you would have then after completing and it winds up the same JP accumulation rate. This way it's better right now cause you never need to kill a last boss, excluding the daily, and won't need to wait a queue time for a tank or healer for just a few more emblems. Killing the first boss is as important as the last to everyone.

Osaka said:
That video is missing the incredibly hot Alexstrasza that was there this year, and was in the costume contest last year with the same costume. That girl is worth the "I would do her so hard that whoever could pull me out would become the rightful king of England"-picture. :lol

THIS GIRL

Why hallo thar.

vilmer_

Osaka said:

THIS GIRL

Om nom nomz!!

Flib

Valnoth (one of the dungeon/raid designers) just posted re Cata raids:

"Normal mode raids are currently too easy (with few exceptions). You'll likely be seeing substantial buffs across the board in the next beta patch. "

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Flib said:
Valnoth (one of the dungeon/raid designers) just posted re Cata raids:

"Normal mode raids are currently too easy (with few exceptions). You'll likely be seeing substantial buffs across the board in the next beta patch. "
Translation: Blizzard was testing if the mechanics work, not the difficulty. Makes sense.

Flib

Yep, it's just good to hear. Once they tune some of these encounters up, they should be awesome. Definitely tons of pug-killers in there.

Ashodin

So my girlfriend and I's time cards are up, but -somehow- she is having a pending sub to the game with no credit card attached to her account. Wha?

Flib

Garryk said:
I wonder if the difficulty of the Cata dungeons will make people adapt or kill the RDF.

Aren't they merging the battlegroups? Should be a larger selection of people then.

From the beta, people are adapting. I've only had one run which didn't make it through the dungeon, which was a run in The Stonecore where we wiped on the first pull because we had an undergeared group and no one cc'd, and everyone dropped group (it was everyone's first Cata dungeon, and it was the last cata dungeon I had left to tank...we probably could have made it through, but I think they just chickened out...it's not that bad of an instance). They're not THAT hard, but people who consistently have trouble getting through Halls of Reflection will have issues.

Heroics may be tougher finding groups for, however.

Macattk15

Osaka said:

THIS GIRL

That girl HAS to be a paid model person! I however agree with the sword in the stone sentiments.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They only fixed these 3 issues after 2 weeks?

Damn. How long is it gonna take to fix everything?

edit: Ah, they also fixed nameplates & floating combat text.

They still need to fix the fact that i always disconnect if im using a FP while im doing something else like browsing GAF. Or even when i use a hearthstone. Or when i just fly around.

Or invisible poison, fire & ice on the ground.

Loto

Finally jumped into WoW, brought two friends from FFXIV with me lol. Anyway, I rolled a Dranei Pally. I was just wondering if I will have any problems soloing. I don't have much time to play these days so I may not be able to keep up with my friends exp wise. I will probably have to do most things alone.

Bisnic

Loto said:
Finally jumped into WoW, brought two friends from FFXIV with me lol. Anyway, I rolled a Dranei Pally. I was just wondering if I will have any problems soloing. I don't have much time to play these days so I may not be able to keep up with my friends exp wise. I will probably have to do most things alone.

The only thing you cant solo in this game are dungeons and battlegrounds/arenas if you wanna count pvp. :lol

Wanna quest alone? You can do it just fine. 95% of them are soloable.

Loto

Cool, yeah I plan to quest/exp alone. My only MMO experience was ff11 and you can't you really can't do much solo to an extent

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Oh man, I can already see what kind of relief you'll have if FF11 is your only MMO experience and you jump into WoW.

Welcome to the only above average MMO out there, bro. :D

Loto

Osaka said:
Oh man, I can already see what kind of relief you'll have if FF11 is your only MMO experience and you jump into WoW.

Welcome to the only above average MMO out there, bro. :D
:D Thanks! 11 has changed over the years so it's gotten better, but just from the little time I have played WoW Iam enjoying it so much more. I'm just wondering what took mecso long lol.

Infinity

Bah. No Horseman's Reins yet. Still have a few more days to go.

Patch today didn't fix the Inspect bug either.

On the plus side, I got some sweet new shoulder armor.

Respec'd to DW Frost last night from Unholy and I'm not looking back. :D .

Flib

Loto said:
:D Thanks! 11 has changed over the years so it's gotten better, but just from the little time I have played WoW Iam enjoying it so much more. I'm just wondering what took mecso long lol.

And just wait till Cataclysm comes out! The quests get way way way better.

Milpool

Are they doing serious work on mount animations or something? Player drakes haven't flapped in months, while NPC drakes flap like hummingbirds, and I notice the raptor jump animation is a little borked after the 4.0.1 update.

Also they no longer allow right clicking on buffs to cancel if they're being displayed by an addon, is there a way around this?

notworksafe

Milpool said:
Are they doing serious work on mount animations or something? Player drakes haven't flapped in months, while NPC drakes flap like hummingbirds, and I notice the raptor jump animation is a little borked after the 4.0.1 update.

Also they no longer allow right clicking on buffs to cancel if they're being displayed by an addon, is there a way around this?
Weird, I haven't noticed any of this. Mounts work fine and I have no buff issues. Have you tried running the repair tool or clearing your cache folder?

Magnus

One of my fellow guild raid leader/officers was the girl who was in Avatar regalia (priest t5) in the costume contest, and was the one who was proposed to on stage by her boyfriend (another of our guild's members). She said yes, was so sweet. :)

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Magnus said:
One of my fellow guild raid leader/officers was the girl who was in Avatar regalia (priest t5) in the costume contest, and was the one who was proposed to on stage by her boyfriend (another of our guild's members). She said yes, was so sweet. :)

Haha I saw that on the stream, people screaming at him to get on his knees :lol

Congratulations to them both I guess!

eosos

Banned
WHooooo Almost got my first level 80!!! Any of you guys in Korgath? If so you should let me know! This game is more addicting to crack (I would
n't
know)

Bisnic said:
The only thing you cant solo in this game are dungeons and battlegrounds/arenas if you wanna count pvp. :lol

Actually since the patch i can solo most low level dungeons (up to and beyond SM) with a range of classes.

Then again i have BOA's so i wouldn't recommend new players doing it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
Actually since the patch i can solo most low level dungeons (up to and beyond SM) with a range of classes.

Then again i have BOA's so i wouldn't recommend new players doing it.
you can solo Arcanist Doan and Cath on what class/level?

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
You get 0 for the other randoms. Just gold.

I wasn't sure about this post, so i just did 2 randoms today, and both of them gave me 23 JP at the end.

So yeah, its not just gold.

Alex

Looks like the Deathwing events are starting soon

One of Azeroth’s oldest adversaries will soon tear through the Elemental Plane to reforge the world in flame, but this foe won’t be conducting his reign of terror from the confines of a castle or lair. Deathwing is a destructive force the likes of which adventurers have yet to see in World of Warcraft, and his appetite for devastation can only be satisfied by the shattering of the world. Following his explosive escape from Deepholm, Deathwing will cast a deadly shadow over the people of Azeroth as he wreaks indiscriminate havoc across the land.

Once free to terrorize the world, Deathwing will randomly choose territories in Azeroth to attack each day until his ruinous reign is brought to an end. A blackened sky will be the only warning before every living creature caught in his approach is consumed by his terrible fire. The unfortunate victims of his malice will receive a rare Feat of Strength... as well as a repair bill and corpse run.

When Deathwing returns, you'd best keep your eyes on the skies.

Bisnic

Alex said:
Looks like the Deathwing events are starting soon

Eh... that sound like fun and how Arthas should have been.

Everytime you meet Arthas in WOTLK, its just "Lol you defeat my minion, was fun to watch, see ya later!"

At least Deathwing will actually want to kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom