• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soroc

Sisters of Elune sounds like quite a funny server :D

Maybe I'll transfer if I can't find any chill ally guilds on Blackhand

Ha just made over 10k selling pristine black diamonds for 550 ea and librams for 350 ea since I was no where near getting insane and theres too little time left till cata

unifin

Transferred to Cenarion Circle to play with some friends and it's not that bad.

Trolling the RP'ers in Goldshire is a great thing to do between arena queues.

Soroc

unifin said:

Yeah I could see stuff like this fun :lol I remember back in vanilla I did this on my old server during a weddings. We just stormed in there about 30 deep and annihilated everything that was at the wedding :lol :lol Was laughing for hours afterwards.

Soroc said:
Yeah I could see stuff like this fun :lol I remember back in vanilla I did this on my old server during a weddings. We just stormed in there about 30 deep and annihilated everything that was at the wedding :lol :lol Was laughing for hours afterwards.

Ever see the video of the slaughter at a ingame funeral in Winterspring? That and the onyxia guy were definitely my two favorite videos to come out in vanilla WoW.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
unifin said:
Transferred to Cenarion Circle to play with some friends and it's not that bad.

Be more specific. The erotic role players :|

The Lamonster said:
Why do they hang out in Goldshire anyway?

To be honest, I don't know why they choose Goldshire. I rolled on an rp server just to see what Goldshire was like, and found a naked female nightelf and drenaei in the inn with a level 55 deathknight.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
funkmastergeneral said:
To be honest, I don't know why they choose Goldshire. I rolled on an rp server just to see what Goldshire was like, and found a naked female nightelf and drenaei in the inn with a level 55 deathknight.

If you go to Moonguard's Goldshire, you'll see 10 naked female humans, 10 naked female night elves, 10 naked female draeneis with a bunch of naked male humans. Sometimes you'll see male night elves.

Note : don't go upstairs or in the basement.

DeathNote said:
Log on one and run to Goldshire.
I've been on one since I started. I just wanted to know what people have against RP servers.

Who cares what people do with their characters in Goldshire or other RP hotspots. It's not like they're in your face about it. I'd rather have that than an increase in idiotic gear score bullshit babble. If it's at the level that it is on my server, then it must be doubly bad on others. I honestly don't know what my gear score is, but I'm positive that it's "crap" when it comes to people that care about that stuff.

Bottom line... I'd rather deal with RP'ers than elitists. I'm not saying you guys are elitists for playing on non-RP servers. I'm just saying I've always been drawn to RP servers because of the more relaxed (usually) atmosphere.

Re: Female Worgen dance...
Damn it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Confused101 said:
I've been on one since I started. I just wanted to know what people have against RP servers.

Who cares what people do with their characters in Goldshire or other RP hotspots. It's not like they're in your face about it. I'd rather have that than an increase in idiotic gear score bullshit babble. If it's at the level that it is on my server, then it must be doubly bad on others. I honestly don't know what my gear score is, but I'm positive that it's "crap" when it comes to people that care about that stuff.

Bottom line... I'd rather deal with RP'ers than elitists. I'm not saying you guys are elitists for playing on non-RP servers. I'm just saying I've always been drawn to RP servers because of the more relaxed (usually) atmosphere.

Re: Female Worgen dance...
Damn it.
Every server has assholes and noobs. You can guild with relaxed people or elitists. Dungeon finder will pair you with non RPers. You can exit out of trade chat. Only RP servers have ERP creepers.

The choice is clear.

SquirrelNuckle said:
I'd much rather have someone who knows a fight rather than have a high GS and know nothing.

In my experience higher gearscore tends to lead to better players. It's not always true, but if you're capable of killing hardmodes and have a nice gearscore, then generally they're a pretty good player.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
RP servers rock. If I want to raid, I can join tons of guild who do it. If I want to PVP, just join the RP-PVP guilds. If I want to ERP it up in Thunder Bluff with another male, so be it!

funkmastergeneral said:
I'm seeing the Raven Lord mount all over the place now
A huge reason why I never bothered with it in the first place on my Druid. Every other Druid was waltzing around on it in Dalaran. It looks cool, but damn it I want to be individualistic!

Ripclawe

Banned
So is Wowwiki now dead?
Ex-WoWWiki Admins Join Curse to Create Wowpedia
You probably saw a couple of forum posts about it, most of the team behind WoWWiki left the website and created a new site: Wowpedia.org. On a personal level, I'm glad that the team decided to pick Curse for this new project and I'm sure we have a great opportunity to build something really nice with that new site.

From Curse.com
We're extremely excited to announce that the administrators and contributors previously from WoWWiki have now joined the Curse family of websites and have created a new wiki for World of Warcraft, Wowpedia.org.

This free-to-use, community-driven wiki is the latest in our efforts to provide World of Warcraft players with premiere content and resources to help make your experiences better both in and out of the game.

Wowpedia is already booming, but it will need the help of the community to continue to thrive. Head over and make it the best wiki for World of Warcraft!

A few of the stats for Wowpedia, so far:

* More than 218,000 pages have been created, with over 84,000 content pages
* Over 72,000 users have registered to contribute to the wiki and its community
* 15 administrators, all focused on building the premiere information resource for World of Warcraft
* 330,000 visits since Wowpedia went live last week

We're also pleased to announce that for the next two months, Wowpedia will operate completely ad-free. And while we'll need to have advertising on the website eventually to cover hosting fees, those ads will never be obtrusive or affect the flow of content on a page.

As always, it's our goal here at Curse to provide gamers with the best possible tools, and the Wowpedia team is a great addition to the family.

notworksafe

Not dead, just has much less support than before. Wikia will do their best to keep it around, but it is already on a downhill slide and will get worse now.

Alex

Garr.jpg

The hell is this jerk doin' back!? Seems like they've implemented some heroic level world bosses.

Deathwing is quieter on the log on now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyzmXMfHIeI

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Alex said:
Garr.jpg

The hell is this jerk doin' back!? Seems like they've implemented some heroic level world bosses.

Deathwing is quieter on the log on now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyzmXMfHIeI

Baron Geddon hangs out in Hyjal, as well. :lol

They're these:

Outdoor Group Bosses in Cataclysm
There are a COUPLE of these bosses in Cataclysm, but they're not true outdoor raid bosses. They're just much harder group bosses that drop heroic dungeon level items and specialty items. Have fun!

[...] these aren't outdoor raid bosses. A good STRONG 5 player group should be able to handle these bosses, but you certainly have the option to make a raid and give it a shot as well. Good luck.

Kintaco

Do we know what will happen to the Turtle Polymorph come Cata? I just got it for my mage, but if it will be trainable I'll try and make some cash off it now instead.

mclem

Kintaco said:
Do we know what will happen to the Turtle Polymorph come Cata? I just got it for my mage, but if it will be trainable I'll try and make some cash off it now instead.

I'm pretty sure blues have said that there will continue to be a way to get the spell. They haven't specified precisely how.

notworksafe

Aurarian said:
WTF? :lol I wonder if he drops the bindings... Probably not.
He and Baron are both in as world bosses. I assume they were meant to be a part of Firelands, but that's not getting in until 4.1.

Flib

I don't know about Gar, but Baron Geddon isn't a world boss, dealing with him is the first quest chain in Mt. Hyjal.

notworksafe

Ah okay. The only shots I'd seen of Baron were outside so I just assumed he was a random world boss now. Garr may also be part of a quest then...

Flib

I was in the twilight highlands last week when deathwing attacked, it was pretty sweet except for the fact that he apparently attacked the ridge next to me...I tried to fly over and get killed, but couldn't do it in time!

It's kind of cool to be randomly questing and have everything turn EVIL RED, start shaking and have deathwing bellowing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol@ 40 sec. CD on Holy Word: Sanctuary.

They really want to make all healing torturous nonsense don't they?

Trasher

Considering resubscribing with Cataclysm on the way. Might play my warrior who is 70, and get him to 80 in the meantime until Cataclysm comes out (my main was an 80 shaman back in the day). Is it actually faster to level through instancing now? I heard that somewhere I think... Or is it still best to just quest/grind?

Dungeons are he best way to level. Especially if you are a tank or healer. Queues are instant for tanks, and less than a minute for healers (in my case anyway when I leveled my holy paladin)

Sciz

Heck yeah, finally geared enough to be able to solo Molten Core. I was kind of annoyed about losing poison and disease cleansing, but decursing in enhance does have its benefits.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
markot said:
Well, Its for aoe emergencies!
It doesn't heal enough for "AoE emergencies" i.e. it was never for AoE emergencies.

Divine Hymn is for AoE emergencies. Sanctuary on a 40 sec. cooldown isn't worth casting because you have to cast a prereq. just to get to it. It's more worth your time to just cast renew on 4 targets than to cast Sanc.

markot

Banned
Yeah but they changed renew to work with the aoe one now, so it improves the heal you get from it, not for emergencies more for... just when melee isnt moving around for abit >.<

McNei1y

People in LFG are so dumb.

I'm an Arms Warrior leveling up. I'm 51. I join the BRD group where you kill the guy in the prison. My group decides to go off tangent. I question what we're doing. They say the whole thing. I'm fine with that but I tell them if we can kill the instructor guy so I can leave and they get a new one. They agree. They are all part of a different server btw. So we kill a boss in the arena. I question if we can go back now and the tank says sure (I'm party leader). We kill some people. Then the tank dies because the healer didn't heal him. So we had left over mobs, and me being the warrior decides to grab the mobs and take them. Somehow the tank revives and the healer doesn't heal me...

2 minutes later, a rogue in the group says "GJ [Name]....". He isn't doing any damage btw. He's just taking a free ride. So me, the highest dmg dealer, gets booted. I didn't fail at healing. I'm doing the most damage. I'm drunk. I just wanted to get in, get the loot, get the xp, and get out. They didn't comply. So now I am waiting in LFG and I will probably be stuck with ST which wastes 30 minutes of everyones lives when I could've just finished that and called it a night. Maybe I'm angry beucase I'm drunk, but its really annoying people can do that. I mean I have had my fair share booting people but that's usually because people are either: A) bad players B) dumb (as in doing dumb stuff. not bad but not doing a job properly) or C) assholes.

ezekial45

Banned
I agree, some people in LFG are pretty dumb. I have been in at least 5 groups where the tank mounts up and aggros at least 5 packs of enemies, then immediately drops group. Another group I was in, the tank went off a tirade because we didn't kick someone who disconnected. Even though we all tried and failed due to the fact that loot was not finished being needed or greeded.

Acidote

DeathNote said:
Log on one and run to Goldshire.

I did that last night just to check it.

WTF IS WRONG IN SO MANY PEOPLE HEADS

Seriously, what? I hope nobody associates me with that kind of people just for playing the same game.

And I even got the GREAT idea of going there with a gnome. VERY DISTURBING WHISPERS.

I could swear there was people wanking irl to that crap.

I went to Goldshire on Moon Guard the other night just out of curiosity. :lol The naked people snuggled up to druids in cat form take the cake.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
You guys gotta make sure to have the FlagRSP addon when you hit Goldshire as well. The descriptions that people create for their characters is beyond anything possibly imagined.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
speedpop said:
You guys gotta make sure to have the FlagRSP addon when you hit Goldshire as well. The descriptions that people create for their characters is beyond anything possibly imagined.

Take it lots of half Dragon half Illegitimate son of Illidan who is also a vampire warewolf.

TomServo

McNei1y said:
People in LFG are so dumb.

I've found there's some karma in it.

Had a terrible random CoS on my warlock, to the point where the people didn't know how to start the instance. I gave up, called them terrible, and left.

Log onto my DK and get HoS. Healer is spamming heals on me the instant I pull, gets mad that he's pulling aggro because of it, and spends every moment between pulls berating me. Another dropped group. I got what I deserved after telling that previous group they were terrible and bailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom