• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osaka said:
3844448341_d0d44127e5_b.jpg

YES
fuuuuuu

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Changes to Sunken Temple look awesome. Hope Avatar of Hakkar still drops that awesome robe though, coolest looking robe in the game and the bastard still hasn't dropped for my Druid in at least 100 runs.

Flib

speedpop said:
Changes to Sunken Temple look awesome. Hope Avatar of Hakkar still drops that awesome robe though, coolest looking robe in the game and the bastard still hasn't dropped for my Druid in at least 100 runs.

I think the bottom floor is gone.

Entropia

No One Remembers
letsbereasonable said:
The Alexstraza cosplayer is Maghia, if you want to Google more pics. Maghia's Misguided Quill was named for her.

Oh yeah, it is.

I was with an entire crew of cosplayers at the after party. It was pretty fun!

speedpop said:

Every boss that's part of the round circular room is still there (Ex. Eranikus). Everything else is gone.

ST instance map:
sunkentemple_map.jpg

Flib

When I last leveled through there on my tankadin, i skipped the avatar, so that must be why. Sorry for the confusion.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Did they not fix the hunters being able to summon all their pets out of the stables and have 30 pets out at once?

:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TS57hIiK9A

So awesome. It's an unstoppable reign of terror.

Flib said:
When I last leveled through there on my tankadin, i skipped the avatar, so that must be why. Sorry for the confusion.

It's always been a pain in the ass due to needing the egg

notworksafe

HarryDemeanor said:
Every boss that's part of the round circular room is still there (Ex. Eranikus). Everything else is gone.

ST instance map:
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/october/sunkentemple_map.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Bummed about the Sunken Temple changes. It's my favorite 5 man in the game by far. I liked the top because the Trolls mini-bosses all have unique spells. They're quite fun at level. Plus they drop stuff for class quests, though I suppose those quests are gone now as well. :( Guess I better rush my Druid to 50 to get his done.

I wonder if Atal'alarion will still be around. He's on the very bottom level and is part of the Druid and Paladin class quests.

[QUOTE=sykoex]Oh nice, a reskin of Celestial Steed? Where does it drop?[/QUOTE]
Heroic 25 Man Lich King. [url]http://www.wowpedia.org/Invincible[/url]

Also mega-congrats Sax! It looks awesome!

Rapstah

I think the name of the "killed by Deathwing's fire" achievement is "Don't stand in the fire", the live raiders people got it at the end of this year's live raid.

Milpool

notworksafe said:
Weird, I haven't noticed any of this. Mounts work fine and I have no buff issues. Have you tried running the repair tool or clearing your cache folder?
The buff cancelling is only affected if you have an addon to display buffs rather than the default blizz ones in the top right corner, one of the Pitbull4 guys said this about it:
Clicking off buffs became a protected function in 4.0.1. We can't let you cancel them with the current features of the aura module.

As for the drakes, they haven't flapped since the start of the PTR for me and still now on live. I assumed it affected everyone since all the beta videos I've seen all drakes permanently glide unless you hover in place or strafe like so (Possible Deepholm spoilers), though in their videos from this week the drakes flap again.

I'll try clearing my cache though I do that quite frequently anyway for NPCscan.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
sykoex said:
Oh nice, a reskin of Celestial Steed? Where does it drop?

Funny you would say as the Celestial Steed IS the reskin, while the mount in the picture is the original.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Dina said:
Yeah, basically all the 1k Needles quest needed to be re-done. What work. The zone was generally okay, too.
Yeah, my partner always gets mopey whenever I mention it because she really enjoyed Shimmering Flats. A lot of people hate that area for some reason, but I'm another person that liked it.

I was running my Warlock through the quests there just a few days ago and I'll miss that zone. The Test of Faith quest always rocks no matter how many times you do it, and you learn all the under-handed shit that the Grimtotems are doing in cohoots with the Forsaken and their plague business.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
speedpop said:
Yeah, my partner always gets mopey whenever I mention it because she really enjoyed Shimmering Flats. A lot of people hate that area for some reason, but I'm another person that liked it.

I was running my Warlock through the quests there just a few days ago and I'll miss that zone. The Test of Faith quest always rocks no matter how many times you do it, and you learn all the under-handed shit that the Grimtotems are doing in cohoots with the Forsaken and their plague business.

Shimmering Flats looked meganice during night-time. Me and my friends loved that shit as lvl40's. Night-time Tanaris and Shimmering Flats.

Dina

Only annoying is that walking in 1K always takes longer then you expect, because of zig-zagging issues around the needles.

Apart from that, the zone is mighty fine. In fact, most redone zones are fine. Ashenvale wasn't too bad, nor was Stonetalon, 1K, Tanaris and The Barrens (Horde player here!).

I would rather they made other high-lvl zones more relevant, like Felwood, Winterspring, Hinterlands, Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes.

Jrmint

Just wanted to post and say my guild just killed Lich King last night after only starting raiding 3 months ago :) Really freaking pumped.

Guild website if interested:
nosummons.mmoguildsites.com

Dunlop

10/12 in HM 10 man ICC, which is good considering our first runs under the new guild were last week and we were 2/10 before that (was a 25 man guild before)

I was becoming unglued on Sindrosa, I kept dying for being out of position with frost tombs over and over again...but on my screen I was fine (hard to miss the big fucking fireball falling out of the sky) and previously I had never died to this.

Almost cost me a monitor with my foot going through it, but we made it in the end. Have class tonight and am starting to worry they will be able to drop LK the first night we get to him :p

TomServo

Got my blood DK to level 78 last night... and I've lost all desire to grind the last two levels. It's so god damn easy too with blood spec and blue tanking gear, you're unkillable. Had a 79 rogue try to gank me while I was in the middle of a pack of half a dozen mobs, I popped icebound fortitude and he gave up / vanished after being hit with a few cleaves.

Think the rest of my pre-Cata time is going to be simply running the daily heroic on my 80 Warlock and Priest and running the daily dungeon on my DK.

So I hit 80 on my DK! I've been running the dungeons in IC trying to gear up. I'm currently spec'd unholy. My question is do rune's stack? Right now I have Rune of the Fallen Crusader on one weapon. Should I also put that on my other weapon or choose a different rune?

Flib

MagicJackBauer said:
So I hit 80 on my DK! I've been running the dungeons in IC trying to gear up. I'm currently spec'd unholy. My question is do rune's stack? Right now I have Rune of the Fallen Crusader on one weapon. Should I also put that on my other weapon or choose a different rune?

You should only be dual-wielding as frost.

idlewild_

MagicJackBauer said:

apart from the fact that dw as unholy is pretty inferior to 2h, the runes don't stack their buffs, but they do not have an ICD so your uptime will be higher. in most cases, though, you'll find a higher dps gain by having cinderglacier/razorice on your OH (if you're frost, again, dw uh isn't really a viable spec unless your available 1h weapons completely completely blow your available 2h weaps out of the water)

idlewild_ said:
apart from the fact that dw as unholy is pretty inferior to 2h, the runes don't stack their buffs, but they do not have an ICD so your uptime will be higher. in most cases, though, you'll find a higher dps gain by having cinderglacier/razorice on your OH (if you're frost, again, dw uh isn't really a viable spec unless your available 1h weapons completely completely blow your available 2h weaps out of the water)
Ok thanks. Ya, I'm not planning on dual wielding. I just havent had a two handed weapon drop for me yet.

Well I must say, Destro is where it's at for warlock raiding right now. At least in my opinion. At first, I wasn't really grasping it so I went back to Demo. Then something clicked the other day and I was hitting 5.2k+ dps on a dummy. So I decided to try it out in some dungeons. Luckily, my running partner and I got accepted into one of the better guilds on our server and they took us to Naxx that night. With raid buffs, I was breaking 6k dps pretty easily and almost hit 7k a couple times. I love how the synergies work with that spec and I loved seeing huge numbers again like 17k crits. I guess I finally "got it".

We had 3 deaths throughout the entire night. We were that close to getting "the Undying" title. And this was on my first night as a guild member. Pretty crazy stuff.

Also, our 10 man was half women! I had no idea so many girls liked raiding in WoW. It was kinda strange. Our raid leader had a very pleasant voice and she did a great job of explaining the fights. I honestly didn't expect that. It was a great time. We had a damn good group.

Magnus

I really get the urge to play recently during the day, finally get home, log on, and lose the will within half an hour. :lol

I really only dig raiding, and the PvE scene is in the usual totally dead state for most guilds that occurs in the two months before an expansion. No one logs on much anymore, and I don't blame them; I barely did until 4.0 hit and totally bailed on them since around the time Ruby Sanctum hit.

I've got two priests at 80 (wish I could transform one of them into an 80 of another class now; rerolled for a race change a year before paid race changes hit), a shaman at 80, and a number of other classes at 60-76 (Druid, Paladin, Mage, DK).

I don't know what to level right now. I've been so into casters and healers for ages, I thought I'd try and get into either the DK or Ret Paladin (or maybe feral druid, but man do I ever find druid boring as hell every time I try to play it, pre-4.0 anyway).

I really want the cool factor back in my game, so I was thinking DK, but I also really enjoy being a rarer commodity and doing the critical job, which is why I've gravitated toward priest and shaman (and the priest will always be my #1). DK's just seem way too common. Right?

I'm waiting till after the Shattering to keep going on my 36 Warlock to experience the new Azeroth.

Confused101 said:
Also, our 10 man was half women! I had no idea so many girls liked raiding in WoW. It was kinda strange. Our raid leader had a very pleasant voice and she did a great job of explaining the fights. I honestly didn't expect that. It was a great time. We had a damn good group.
I read somewhere that there are more female WoW players than male.

Macattk15

Confused101 said:
Well I must say, Destro is where it's at for warlock raiding right now. At least in my opinion. At first, I wasn't really grasping it so I went back to Demo. Then something clicked the other day and I was hitting 5.2k+ dps on a dummy. So I decided to try it out in some dungeons. Luckily, my running partner and I got accepted into one of the better guilds on our server and they took us to Naxx that night. With raid buffs, I was breaking 6k dps pretty easily and almost hit 7k a couple times. I love how the synergies work with that spec and I loved seeing huge numbers again like 17k crits. I guess I finally "got it".

We had 3 deaths throughout the entire night. We were that close to getting "the Undying" title. And this was on my first night as a guild member. Pretty crazy stuff.

You relatively new to raiding I'm guessing? Raiding Naxx at this point in time? If one of the better guilds on your server is still running Naxx well then I am worried for your server!

Not trying to be a dick. Yeah the first time in Naxx is pretty epic, especially if you never had done it in Vanilla. You can get better epics in heroics than in Naxx though :(

Just wait till you see Ulduar if you've never done that .... 10000000000x better than Naxx.

joelseph

The Lamonster said:
I'm kind of bummed they took away Eyes of the Beast for hunters. I loved using it to scout.

Reminds me of raiding MC, used it for pulling bosses back in the day. Those were the days, sniff.

Manus

Confused101 said:

Just wait till you get some better gear. I prefer Affliction for high end raiding, but I like Destro a lot as well. I was doing around 11k last night against Saurfang.

Rapstah

Macattk15 said:
You relatively new to raiding I'm guessing? Raiding Naxx at this point in time? If one of the better guilds on your server is still running Naxx well then I am worried for your server!

Not trying to be a dick. Yeah the first time in Naxx is pretty epic, especially if you never had done it in Vanilla. You can get better epics in heroics than in Naxx though :(

Just wait till you see Ulduar if you've never done that .... 10000000000x better than Naxx.
If he was pulling 6-7k DPS raid buffed, I'm fairly sure he had no need for Naxx loot. Champion of the Frozen Wastes title maybe?

Flib

Magnus said:
I really get the urge to play recently during the day, finally get home, log on, and lose the will within half an hour. :lol

I really only dig raiding, and the PvE scene is in the usual totally dead state for most guilds that occurs in the two months before an expansion. No one logs on much anymore, and I don't blame them; I barely did until 4.0 hit and totally bailed on them since around the time Ruby Sanctum hit.

I've got two priests at 80 (wish I could transform one of them into an 80 of another class now; rerolled for a race change a year before paid race changes hit), a shaman at 80, and a number of other classes at 60-76 (Druid, Paladin, Mage, DK).

I don't know what to level right now. I've been so into casters and healers for ages, I thought I'd try and get into either the DK or Ret Paladin (or maybe feral druid, but man do I ever find druid boring as hell every time I try to play it, pre-4.0 anyway).

I really want the cool factor back in my game, so I was thinking DK, but I also really enjoy being a rarer commodity and doing the critical job, which is why I've gravitated toward priest and shaman (and the priest will always be my #1). DK's just seem way too common. Right?

I'm waiting till after the Shattering to keep going on my 36 Warlock to experience the new Azeroth.

What druid specs have you tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom