• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesthet1c

Osaka said:
Why, hello there.

http://imgur.com/LsohZ.jpg[IMG]

I'm ready :D[/QUOTE]

That is so awesome. Now I don't have to deal with the midnight madness. In fact, I don't even have to leave the house!

Also, I hate having extra game boxes and cd's and junk, digital is the only way to fly for PC games these days.

Soroc

When I look at the preorder info on blizzards site it says:

At 3:01 AM on 12/7 your account will be automatically upgraded so you can begin playing Cataclysm.

Now this is correct for EST but doesn't servers normally go down at 4 or 5am EST for maintenance on Tuesdays? Is this still going to happen? If so whats the point of logging in at 3AM? :lol

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Soroc said:
When I look at the preorder info on blizzards site it says:

At 3:01 AM on 12/7 your account will be automatically upgraded so you can begin playing Cataclysm.

Now this is correct for EST but doesn't servers normally go down at 4 or 5am EST for maintenance on Tuesdays? Is this still going to happen? If so whats the point of logging in at 3AM? :lol

No, there's no normal scheduled maintenance then. The servers will be taken down some time before the launch. The account info you have transfers the time to your own timezone, too. Mine says 01:01 because 1 hour time difference from CET.

Anyway, Are you able to download the Cataclysm content now Soroc? And if so, is your account active or frozen?

Soroc

Osaka said:
No, there's no normal scheduled maintenance then. The servers will be taken down some time before the launch. The account info you have transfers the time to your own timezone, too. Mine says 01:01 because 1 hour time difference from CET.

Anyway, Are you able to download the Cataclysm content now Soroc? And if so, is your account active or frozen?

I haven't done it yet. Gotta wait till tomorrow when I get paid to put the order through. But according to this you will immediately start downloading the data now.

Good to hear there won't be any regular maintenance! That means I may actually take the day off to play :D

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Soroc said:
I haven't done it yet. Gotta wait till tomorrow when I get paid to put the order through. But according to this you will immediately start downloading the data now.

Good to hear there won't be any regular maintenance! That means I may actually take the day off to play :D

I'm still downloading the current live client, but when I log in it says that I'm out of prepaid gametime. Sucks if I have to waste the free week on preorder :/

December 6th is the Finnish Independence Day
and my birthday is 5th
, with pretty much everything closed. I have to stock in on food, snacks and energy drinks :)lol) and get ready to pull an allnighter on the launch night til the next evening, at least :lol

Soroc

LOL thats awesome. What perfect timing for you!

I just looked at my work calendar and my boss has the launch week blocked out for no PTO :(

Damn no long stretches of playing time till that weekend for me unfortunately :lol

Soroc

LOL theres a couple of wowheads that work in my office. I probably wasn't the first to try and request that week off :lol

Sciz

Osaka said:
Fraps it!
MC is pretty boring for the most part, even as the person playing it. Plus it took something like an hour and a half. The most interesting fights were Golemagg and Ragnaros; Golemagg because about halfway through I can't outheal the stacking debuff any more and have to keep my earth elemental up long enough to let it wear off, and Ragnaros because falling damage plus his finger of death is a bitch to heal through for eight minutes without running out of mana, and he's immune to a large chunk of my damage. Just about everything else is a matter of killing the adds first and decursing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
markot said:
Im guessing it was too similar to ze druids one so they wanted to differentiate it abit >.>
I don't think so. I think they want you spam Heal more.

Tamanon

Banned
DeathNote said:
trying to put fires out outsiode razor hill and its not working. what are you supposed to do -___-

If it's just a few of you, you won't be able to do it, the fire constantly spreads.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
But last time i ordered the box, got it the day before release, and then they switched it on for us EU players at 9pm the night before.

I want that again :(

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I really hope Running Wild is instant cast. (if it isn't hopefully it'll be patched in, heck remove a racial to make it more fair.)

Sciz

sykoex said:
I really hope Running Wild is instant cast. (if it isn't hopefully it'll be patched in, heck remove a racial to make it more fair.)
PvP implications mean there's not a chance in hell.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
The Worgen mount thing is just the same cast as normal mounts. The only difference is that you ARE the racial mount when playing a worgen.

Sai-kun

Banned
I had the collector's edition preordered but I've changed my mind, so now I'm just gonna download the regular one from Blizzard.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
What spec would you guys recommend for leveling a new Warlock in Cataclysm?

Is Affliction still the favorite?

Manus

Osaka said:
What spec would you guys recommend for leveling a new Warlock in Cataclysm?

Is Affliction still the favorite?

Go with Demo. Felguard at 10 should make stuff a breeze.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
can you wand yourself?

i'm late at doing the achievement. got zero.

how hard/costly is the achievement? i see people selling for 20g and i hope there's not a very rare one.

Lolligag

DeathNote said:
can you wand yourself?

i'm late at doing the achievement. got zero.

how hard/costly is the achievement? i see people selling for 20g and i hope there's not a very rare one.
My server, people pay 10g per wand.

McNei1y

Lolligag said:
My server, people pay 10g per wand.

At the start of the event it was 25g for my server. Now its around 5-10g. Sometime people are nice (assholes! They don't give us reroll guys a chance for gold!) and give them away for free.

Rokam

Man they should really fix some shit with the LFG. In a group and there's 3 people that are in the same guild. We kill 2 bosses they kick the healer, then all leave. And for some reason I can't look for more people to finish out the run.

Also has anyone with a Ret pally had problems with threat? I'm putting out insane amounts of threat, even my weaker abilities are crazy. I'm having to wait 60-50% to pop wings or else I'll pull threat (even w/o hammer of wrath).

Aurarian

Rokam said:
Man they should really fix some shit with the LFG. In a group and there's 3 people that are in the same guild. We kill 2 bosses they kick the healer, then all leave. And for some reason I can't look for more people to finish out the run.

Also has anyone with a Ret pally had problems with threat? I'm putting out insane amounts of threat, even my weaker abilities are crazy. I'm having to wait 60-50% to pop wings or else I'll pull threat (even w/o hammer of wrath).

I noticed this today while I was tanking a heroic, the ret pally had huge burst threat for no reason whatsoever. I'm hoping they didn't fuck something up recently.

Weenerz

Banned
Already fully purchased the CE from my closest gamestore (2 minutes away). I have 6-10 scheduled off for vacation and I am slowly preparing food and other goodies for that week. It will be glorious!

Alex

Within 5 weeks, they plan to do several events, a 4.0.3 PTR, a 4.0.3 release, a 4.0.3a release and then Cataclysm.

Should be interesting.

Osaka said:
The Worgen mount thing is just the same cast as normal mounts. The only difference is that you ARE the racial mount when playing a worgen.

But your not! the game just makes your character invisible and creates a mount of your character that your invisible character rides!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
What class? If it's anything but Paladin, I'd go McGowan's.
warrior.

they made the stats similar a few months ago?

it's 19 haste vs 10 critical strike rating
Venerable Mass of McGowan
Binds to account
One-Hand Mace
+29 Agility
+44 Stamina
Requires level 1 to 80 (80)
Item Level 1
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 19 (0.41%).
Equip: Improves haste rating by 19 (0.58%).

Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge
Binds to account
Main Hand Sword
+29 Agility
+44 Stamina
Requires level 1 to 80 (80)
Item Level 1
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 29 (0.63%).

notworksafe

Yeah seems the stats have changed. Dal'Rend used to be just Stamina (and a lot more if I remember). Now that I look again though, may as well go Dal'Rend. Haste really isn't that hot for Warrior.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
also, is prot pvp viable 1-80?

Dal'Rend vs Thrash Blade?

notworksafe said:
Yeah seems the stats have changed. Dal'Rend used to be just Stamina (and a lot more if I remember). Now that I look again though, may as well go Dal'Rend. Haste really isn't that hot for Warrior.
it even looks better.

ugh, i already bought Mass of McGowan before 3.0.1 :/

notworksafe

If you are Dwarf, I'd actually go with the mace. The expertise bonus from that will be nice.

Also Thrash Blade is junk for tanking. The proc is like .02% or something low, so it's not worth sacrificing stats. Don't worry about taking the mace over the sword either. You'll just be tanking leveling dungeons so you won't really notice any issues.

And yeah, Prot PVP is pretty awesome from the moment you can start BGs (level 10 I think).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
If you are Dwarf, I'd actually go with the mace. The expertise bonus from that will be nice.

Also Thrash Blade is junk for tanking. The proc is like .02% or something low, so it's not worth sacrificing stats. Don't worry about taking the mace over the sword either. You'll just be tanking leveling dungeons so you won't really notice any issues.

And yeah, Prot PVP is pretty awesome from the moment you can start (level 10 I think).
i was considering thrash for pvp only, but that's a suckass proc.

what are the best enchants? i hear lifestealing is better at certain levels? i just went crusader.

mclem

Tamanon said:
If it's just a few of you, you won't be able to do it, the fire constantly spreads.

Just to throw up a contrary view:

The difficulty is related to the number of people in the area; if there's lots of folk around doing their business but not *helping*, that'll make the encounter that much tougher for everyone else.

I solo the encounter frequently at Azure Watch, where there's never anyone around. I'd suggest trying it out by the Blood Elf start village.

Edit: As, it appears, you did. I doubt it was bugged over at Razor Hill, I suspect that it was just too busy there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom