• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dina

Angry Grimace said:
Most servers are overwhelmingly Alliance and overwhelmingly Human at that.

Yes, this. I was doing the pumpkin on every races's head achievement while being horde, and there were no gnomes, dwarfs and draenei especially in draenei. Had to do 4 BG's before I got three of those races.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn my level 10 warrior is OP :lol

I'm leveling as protection and i just got shield slam, good lord. Charge, victory rush, rend, slam, win. You can just go from mob to mob to mob to mob, victory rush really makes that possible. I've stopped leveling him though since i wanted to roll a goblin warrior but i've enjoyed the fist 10 levels so far, I look forward to the next 75 as a goblin.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
every class is op really

how does xp off for 10-19 work? if your under 19 you queue with random levels? if your 19 you face the twinks?

Rokam

You know after thousands of times using the LFG tool, I still don't get how this shit works. I see that I only need a tank for group to start, then all of a sudden I need everything. Finally queue pops up and a dps hits not ready, and I lose the tank and healer and have to start over again. So annoying. Not to mention I was in a normal PoS and 3 friends kicked the healer and then they left right before the last boss. And I can't look for more to fill in the spots for some stupid reason.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Rokam said:
You know after thousands of times using the LFG tool, I still don't get how this shit works. I see that I only need a tank for group to start, then all of a sudden I need everything. Finally queue pops up and a dps hits not ready, and I lose the tank and healer and have to start over again. So annoying. Not to mention I was in a normal PoS and 3 friends kicked the healer and then they left right before the last boss. And I can't look for more to fill in the spots for some stupid reason.
you don't start over really. you get put in the front of the queue.

i always figured 5 people got matched and you see if they hit accept in real time.

Rokam

Sigh no horseman mount on the 2 character I actually play, but got it on all my shit characters that have been shelved!

DeathNote said:
every class is op really

how does xp off for 10-19 work? if your under 19 you queue with random levels? if your 19 you face the twinks?

I thought is was just if you're XP off you face everyone who is XP off and if you're XP on you face everyone whos XP on. I don't think levels matter.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
I thought is was just if you're XP off you face everyone who is XP off and if you're XP on you face everyone whos XP on. I don't think levels matter.
yeah, i was doing wishful thinking

notworksafe

AdventureRacing said:
I believe it is broken into level groups. 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, and 80.

People with XP off are put into their own queue, but that is still in level groups.

@Grimace you're more than welcome to roll on my server and join up with my guild. Area 52 is a great Horde server and my guild is fairly casual. Though we do raid, it's not required of anyone.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
saw a 19 prot warrior with 1.6k health, lol. along with the level 10-11 clothies with 200. you either 1 shot or get 1 shotted.

got a whole level twice since it's wsg weekend.

wanting to play with multiple classes and specs. i guess i'll /afk before the game is over.

Sober

Flib said:
I really don't like this tanking homogenization.
You serious? I'm gonna sound like an asshole from the official forums for this, but have you even tanked anything even just in Wrath? Even in WotLK there were some pretty clear imbalances between tanks to warrant swapping shittier tanks in for harder fights. TBC was worse from what I remember doing.

"Homogenization" (OMG EVIL) sounds way better than pigeonholing tanks into MT/AOE/Magic/perma-OT from what they offer rather than who's behind the keyboard in control.

Also, I wish 4.0.3 was out already. My guild has a DK tank I tank with but I thought his threat was garbage, but goddamn, the new rune system seems so frustrating when I tried it. And the fact they can't RS on demand in BP yet is so annoying.

MMO-champ said:
Even more items have been discovered on test realms, it looks like Blizzard decided to introduce items with random enchantments in raid and Reforging will probably make that addition very interesting for theorycrafters.

I don't like this. Random enchantments on raid gear. It's hard enough to get the item you want to drop, then you'll have to hope it's got a good enchantment too? pass.

notworksafe

What the crap, really? Fuck, Blizzard don't put random stats on raid gear. That is what was stupid about the Animal Bosses in Kara. No one wanted to do them because they just dropped stupid random stat gear.

notworksafe

I take my statement back, sorta. If it's the normal raid gear plus extra random secondary stats, that's fine because those are able to be reforged away. Plus they won't really have a huge effect like randomness in primary stats would.

But gear with totally random stats is stupid. Why use the RNG to punish someone by giving them a random piece of gear that could be largely better/worse than the next person to run through that raid?

notworksafe said:
I take my statement back, sorta. If it's the normal raid gear plus extra random secondary stats, that's fine because those are able to be reforged away. Plus they won't really have a huge effect like randomness in primary stats would.

But gear with totally random stats is stupid. Why use the RNG to punish someone by giving them a random piece of gear that could be largely better/worse than the next person to run through that raid?

no primary or secondary stats on the gear, just a couple sockets + a socket bonus. We'll see how it works out though.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/63501/thunder-wall-greaves/

Alex

funkmastergeneral said:
I don't see how "too perfect" gear is an issue. Yea, this is exactly what I wanted from Cataclysm, poorly itemized raid gear.

When every single piece of raid gear that drops is the exact same shit, it's really boring. With the way stats are weighted at the moment, it'd be nice to see the retarded perfect gear scaling Wrath brought in to be kicked down a bit.

Of course this will probably just be a half hearted experiment at best though.

notworksafe

funkmastergeneral said:
no primary or secondary stats on the gear, just a couple sockets + a socket bonus. We'll see how it works out though.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/63501/thunder-wall-greaves/
This will be bad.

Alex said:
When every single piece of raid gear that drops is the exact same shit, it's really boring. With the way stats are weighted at the moment, it'd be nice to see the retarded perfect gear scaling Wrath brought in to be kicked down a bit.
Yeah, but why would someone take a tank who got the shit luck on gear and has the less optimized gear that dropped? Since the stat randomness includes primary stats, there could be a wide gap in Stamina/Agi/Str amounts which could lead to big threat and HP level issues.

Just seems stupid to me to purposely have some gear be gimped for no helpful reason other than "changing things up just because". That's how we end up with games like FFXIV. :lol

Alex said:

The retarded "gear scaling" was because Blizz didn't expect to be making ilevel 277 gear, item levels got super inflated from regular + heroic modes and led to unintended issues like casters having way too much haste and melee hitting the crit cap. Every item shouldn't be perfectly itemized for your specific class + spec, but I think it's reasonable to allow a player to upgrade their entire set of armor in each tier. This is just adding more randomness to an already random system.

I hope we don't see another expansion where certain classes are stuck using an ilevel 200 trinket into ICC because of randomness and poorly itemized drops.

Narag

If they wanted randomized gear, why not, on some bosses, have something more along the line of Diablo II where a unique item may drop with slightly better stats? Less randomness/less sharding, and more carrot on a stick as people go after the "perfect" version of the item?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I love the idea of random stuff. But I fully understand that I am in the minority.

So many people have the exact same gear, have not rolled on anything for months because it is all junk to you now. Raiding without loot/progression is boring.

The prospect of a piece of gear dropping that I may already have but with slightly changed stats that may help me? Sign me up ;P

This of course is ONLY if Blizzard does it correctly. The gear at it's base should be worthy of its level, then just have varied stats.

So if I have a gear piece (caster) with +200sp, +80 haste, etc and at some point the same one drops with added intel or crit or more of the other stat, fine with me.

So unless the randomizing is stupid or hurtful, then bring it on.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've been wondering what i should do to get that last 300 honor i need for a weapon... either i do WSG since it is its weekend, or do a random, or do AV?

Weenerz

Banned
Bisnic said:
I've been wondering what i should do to get that last 300 honor i need for a weapon... either i do WSG since it is its weekend, or do a random, or do AV?

I'd go with whatever has the fastest queues, even if its a loss.

Flib

Sober said:
You serious? I'm gonna sound like an asshole from the official forums for this, but have you even tanked anything even just in Wrath? Even in WotLK there were some pretty clear imbalances between tanks to warrant swapping shittier tanks in for harder fights. TBC was worse from what I remember doing.

"Homogenization" (OMG EVIL) sounds way better than pigeonholing tanks into MT/AOE/Magic/perma-OT from what they offer rather than who's behind the keyboard in control.

Also, I wish 4.0.3 was out already. My guild has a DK tank I tank with but I thought his threat was garbage, but goddamn, the new rune system seems so frustrating when I tried it. And the fact they can't RS on demand in BP yet is so annoying.

You don't sound like an asshole, you just obviously are one.

I main a tank, yes. I'm all for bringing them more in line, I'm just not a huge fan of some of the changes they've made, I wouldn't have gone quite as far. And that's as someone who has been tanking on the beta with all 4 classes as well. This is my opinion, and there are others tanks who will agree with me.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
The thing with those pieces of randomized gear is silly because they have NOTHING other than the random bonus and 2 gem slots.

"Fuck yeah, I'm so unique with this "Randomized Piece of Mail of Spirit! Feels like I'm back in 2005 with this sort of amount of useful hunter stats!"

Yeah, no.

Really want to roll a goblin and I am pro horde but god does the horde queues suck, at least on the battle group I was in when I played a while back.

Any horde here with fast insta queues here? what realm/battle group are you in?

Narag said:
If they wanted randomized gear, why not, on some bosses, have something more along the line of Diablo II where a unique item may drop with slightly better stats? Less randomness/less sharding, and more carrot on a stick as people go after the "perfect" version of the item?

yeah. and everythin dropping in different colors to add to variation.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
What the crap, really? Fuck, Blizzard don't put random stats on raid gear. That is what was stupid about the Animal Bosses in Kara. No one wanted to do them because they just dropped stupid random stat gear.
Blizzard doesn't like working. Hope you like Apolyon, the Soul-Render of the Eagle.

Edit: I don't actually mind random stats as long as the randomness doesn't extend to equipment with Intellect and strength dropping like it does on random greens.

Rokam

Sigh for the first time I can't clear H. MgT. Fury warrior + Rogue + Shaman = ouchtown. If I leave shaman up I can't use zealotry cause he dispels it, and if I leave the other 2 up I'm chain stunned. Wish the stupid main lady was classified as a demon instead of humanoid.

Edit: After one full set of repairs, finally down this crap. Lucky string of mastery procs. God I hate this place. And I was rewarded with nothing from Kael :(.

vilmer_

Rokam said:
Sigh no horseman mount on the 2 character I actually play, but got it on all my shit characters that have been shelved!

I still haven't seen it drop ONCE on three toons :( One more day, maybe Halloween will be the day! :lol

Alex

This is awesome.

If you've seen that shirt of the red shirted guy from Blizzcon asking his question:

FRLiJ.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've been doing old raids lately both in PUGs and with the RP-PVP guild I'm in and I've been really enjoying some of the content that I missed over the years simply because I wanted to avoid the massive 40-man circus drama. Seeing C'Thun for the first time amongst the Twin Emps before the encounter was an experience I'll never forget, would've been quite more nerve-racking at lvl 60.

And watching the videos of Al'Akir and the two dragons in Blackwing Descent is kinda making me want to get serious about raiding, but at the same time I just don't have enough serious time for it.

Rokam

Here's my mage rotation for trash: 111111111111111111
Here's my mage rotation for bosses: `111111111111111111....

` is AP, trinket, Mirror.

Edit: Should've clarified that this is for heroics, obviously in a raid you'd throw in a 2 or maybe a 3 every 3rd or 4th one. :lol

Alex

Frost and Fire are really fun. They don't have much of a rotation though, it's proc, priority and cooldown based, Arcane has a rotation but I've yet to see a lot of math on what's best since it's fairly undertuned at 85 at the moment. Just spamming Arcane Blast will OOM you in 20-25 seconds on beta.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
speedpop said:
I've been doing old raids lately both in PUGs and with the RP-PVP guild I'm in and I've been really enjoying some of the content that I missed over the years simply because I wanted to avoid the massive 40-man circus drama. Seeing C'Thun for the first time amongst the Twin Emps before the encounter was an experience I'll never forget, would've been quite more nerve-racking at lvl 60.

And watching the videos of Al'Akir and the two dragons in Blackwing Descent is kinda making me want to get serious about raiding, but at the same time I just don't have enough serious time for it.

How much time do you have? The easiest thing would be to stick to 10 mans. Good chance most, those who are good, will only raid 2 maybe 3 nights a week for a few hours each night.

As you get the fights down then of course raiding time shrinks. Chances are after a month or two you're only doing it one night a week.

The biggest issue i have with raiding is guilds wanting to use the time for random shit. I can't stand that. I did this instance for 3 months, then we moved onto the new one and you want to go back because we have a day spare? Screw you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom