• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
What the crap, really? Fuck, Blizzard don't put random stats on raid gear. That is what was stupid about the Animal Bosses in Kara. No one wanted to do them because they just dropped stupid random stat gear.

I agree, it's going to be dumb. This "of the ______" gear being dropped in raids now? Talk about trying to get people to be excited about fighting the same bosses over and over. "Oh man, please be of the soldier, please be of the soldier, please be... wtf... greaves of the whale".

For every one "great idea" Blizzard has implemented into the game, they implement two pants on head retarded ideas. I don't know. I was excited to get into the game, into BC content, and excited for Wrath, but I'm "meh" on Cata because I don't know what we're getting into. I don't mean "questing, lore, etc" wise, I mean quality of life wise as in if the game will be fun, if it'll be great, bad, so-so, etc.

Alex

People don't even know what kind of enchantments they'll be, isn't it a bit early to freak out and call it retarded? What about the context?

Also, J, I have to say guy, you consistently make some of the weirdest arguments. It's one thing to be apprehensive but your talking points rarely even make sense they're so random or trivial.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
evlcookie said:
How much time do you have? The easiest thing would be to stick to 10 mans. Good chance most, those who are good, will only raid 2 maybe 3 nights a week for a few hours each night.
My main problem is sticking to something. Even now I miss a few "meetings and events" with my guild simply because I have other crap to do. All I can really do now is occasionally PVP and stand around Thunder Bluff.

Narag

I think the random loot notion would work as well if it was a bonus drop of sorts. Say something drops 2 items, make this the 3rd without affecting the possibility of other drops.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I still say bring on the random ;P

If it was a choice between no enhanced stats vs random...give me random every time.

I hate everyone going for the same gear :D

Narag said:
I think the random loot notion would work as well if it was a bonus drop of sorts. Say something drops 2 items, make this the 3rd without affecting the possibility of other drops.

Or maybe if they were BoE? I wouldn't mind that.

Random stats on loot could be interesting for bosses but, maybe it would work better for trash loot. I think it would be cool to have random enchantment epics dropping from trash all the time. It would bring some of that Diabloesque feeling to loot that's missing from most of the game.

evlcookie said:
The biggest issue i have with raiding is guilds wanting to use the time for random shit. I can't stand that. I did this instance for 3 months, then we moved onto the new one and you want to go back because we have a day spare? Screw you!
My guild is pretty cool in this regard. If we down everything quickly and have extra time, doing anything extra is usually optional.

2dc5q10.gif

1zecjg0.gif

running wild animation!

Hixx

SuperAndroid17 said:
oh look

Season 9 pvp gear looks like garbage

Surprise surprise!!!!!

No it doesn't. Looks ace, some of them are better than the tier 11 stuff (Paladin, Hunter, Rogue, Priest all much more fitting/less eye gouging).

To me it just looks like a continuation of the wretched armor set designs that have been ongoing since wrath came out. Why won't blizz get new artists? I feel like it's one guy doing the designs all by himself... and he sucks. And then the occasional good looking tier sets can be attributed to a random worker at blizz who decides to lend a hand when he/she has time.

Vigilant Walrus said:
running wild animation!
What's with the freaky extra leg on the female version? :lol Must be a new change with Cata... birth defects.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Goddamnit, they make a cool hunter helmet as soon as I dont play hunter anymore.

I mean come on, a samurai helmet with horns AND an eyepatch?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm so fucking tired of PvP armor looking the same across factions. How could they waste time on ToC sets and not give us different looks for what amounts to an entire expansion's worth of reskins?

Retro

Lyphen said:
I'm so fucking tired of PvP armor looking the same across factions. How could they waste time on ToC sets and not give us different looks for what amounts to an entire expansion's worth of reskins?

They're trying to spend more time on the Dance Studio?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Osaka said:
Do mages actually have rotations nowadays? :lol
It's more of a priority, but like any priority system, it ends up mostly being a rotation.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Man a lot of people are bitching about frost mages in PVP :D

There are good mages, and then there are the rest.

If you are against a frost mage, their staple for damage is freezing you so save cooldowns that break you out for those moments.

A lot of BAD mages severely rely on their elemental. Kill it and you put a big dent in their DPS and freeze tactics.

After that just stay on them till they are dead....hell send a healer after them to make them burn cooldowns and mana. Once you see them burn their frost nova and pet freeze (majority do this right away) jump in and destroy.

People are just so fearing of Ice Lance spam because it is so quick, that they panic, but what you fail to realize is that so many other classes can do that and more damage just as fast.

Ice Lance spam is the new FOTM but trust me once you calm down and think when fighting mages, they are just like anyone else.

Dunlop

Was bored last night so rolled a druid (only class I could not make past 20)

Holy shit are they awesome at low lvl now, putting cat form in early really changed the class

Weenerz

Banned
Only 1 mount this entire holiday. Usually I would be sort of pissed, but since I am dumping all of my characters come Cataclysm, in favor of a full re-roll, I am not so upset.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Here's a discussion on damage/health ratio in pvp: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27508582534/the-idea-that-pvp-will-be-slower-in-cataclysm/ The Op was referring to this thread: http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=211622 Someone said they don't expect it to be like TBC, but want it somewhere between that and WOTLK. What was TBC like? Were you a lot less likely to be gloabled?

On the lower level side... I'm really trying to experience different classes from 10-19 experience. But, there's either a bunch of 200 hit point lowbies (I have over 1,000 HP) that I can get wrecking ball achievement with over and over. Or there's 3 higher levels globaling me. Just not fun.

I would like to give a Worgen a try come dec 7, but is there any write up off how the caster classes(and Druid) are now from lvl 1?

Everyone praises Mages. But what is going on with Priests, Warlocks and Druids?

Tamanon

Banned
Vigilant Walrus said:
I would like to give a Worgen a try come dec 7, but is there any write up off how the caster classes(and Druid) are now from lvl 1?

Everyone praises Mages. But what is going on with Priests, Warlocks and Druids?

Every class is now effective from level 1 onwards due to spell scaling and getting a signature spell at level 10.

Alex

DeathNote said:
Here's a discussion on damage/health ratio in pvp: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27508582534/the-idea-that-pvp-will-be-slower-in-cataclysm/ The Op was referring to this thread: http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=211622 Someone said they don't expect it to be like TBC, but want it somewhere between that and WOTLK. What was TBC like? Were you a lot less likely to be gloabled?

On the lower level side... I'm really trying to experience different classes from 10-19 experience. But, there's either a bunch of 200 hit point lowbies (I have over 1,000 HP) that I can get wrecking ball achievement with over and over. Or there's 3 higher levels globaling me. Just not fun.

Damage was a lot slower in TBC. During TBC, 5v5 was extremely viable and fun, the death of 5's is what pushed me out of arena, personally. Our 5v5 was awesome, so fun.

They say they're going to do a pass on leveling content and early BGs soon. GC made a post about it a few ago, just that they wanted to get their number stable at 85 first then work backwards.

Man a lot of people are bitching about frost mages in PVP

They're going to be nerfed, 100% assured, it's not the damage, I mean it's high but everyones damage is sky high on beta (thus the posts on resil and hp hikes), what it is is that they have WAY too much area control considering the focus shift to Rated BGs, especially when Ring of Frost comes into play. I suspect they'll start tuning down the little things like Imp. Cone of Cold first

Rapstah

I was comparing max HP and damage dealt of Naxx 10 normal mobs compared to Halls of Reflection HC gauntlet mobs, and it struck me: if you had five really well-geared players over-using crowd control, would Naxx be five-mannable? Obviously not counting boss mechanics that require more than five.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mr Pockets said:
Man a lot of people are bitching about frost mages in PVP :D

There are good mages, and then there are the rest.

If you are against a frost mage, their staple for damage is freezing you so save cooldowns that break you out for those moments.

A lot of BAD mages severely rely on their elemental. Kill it and you put a big dent in their DPS and freeze tactics.

After that just stay on them till they are dead....hell send a healer after them to make them burn cooldowns and mana. Once you see them burn their frost nova and pet freeze (majority do this right away) jump in and destroy.

People are just so fearing of Ice Lance spam because it is so quick, that they panic, but what you fail to realize is that so many other classes can do that and more damage just as fast.

Ice Lance spam is the new FOTM but trust me once you calm down and think when fighting mages, they are just like anyone else.
I've personally found that as Frost you're pretty much unkillable and do insane amounts of damage, the problem is, if you use frostbolt at all, it's very difficult for other classes to even get to you.

I can imagine the exasperation on the other side when I Frost Nova, run off, they get out, I Blink out, they somehow catch up, and then I use Nitro Boosts :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I've personally found that as Frost you're pretty much unkillable and do insane amounts of damage, the problem is, if you use frostbolt at all, it's very difficult for other classes to even get to you.

I can imagine the exasperation on the other side when I Frost Nova, run off, they get out, I Blink out, they somehow catch up, and then I use Nitro Boosts :lol
Hopefylly my goblin engineer warrior will bitch slap some frost mages :D maybe throw in a swiftness pot.

Rapstah said:
I was comparing max HP and damage dealt of Naxx 10 normal mobs compared to Halls of Reflection HC gauntlet mobs, and it struck me: if you had five really well-geared players over-using crowd control, would Naxx be five-mannable? Obviously not counting boss mechanics that require more than five.

Easily 5 mannable

Tacitus_

DeathNote said:

2v2ing with my warrior with a Stunherald and a restoshaman plopping down a WF totem (while it still gave extra attacks) and lusting was so much fun. I could 2-3 shot clothies before ARP gear was put in the game :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Can anyone on Mal'Ganis carry me to get Kingslayer? Sorry to anyone that is offended by this. Just didn't have time to guild, GS reqs on pugs, and I'm a huge fan of A Song of Ice and Fire.

J-Rzez

SuperAndroid17 said:
oh look

Season 9 pvp gear looks like garbage

Surprise surprise!!!!!

Looks like Blizzard raided other studio's dumpsters as these look like Mega-Man and Gundam cutting room floor models. Damn they look terrible outside of I guess the Warrior set. What happened to their art teams over there? I had hopes for it to reach TBC glory days when T8 hit, but man has their art gone down in quality and creativity. I know that most likely these PVP sets will "evolve" as the season goes on like they sort-of did in Wrath, but man they look like White/Green item art quality.

Retro

I know J-Rez is kind of the WoW Thread's Negative Nancy, but I have to agree with him. All of the art we've seen is a significant downgrade from Wrath and can't hold a candle to TBC/Vanilla-era designs.

I think I'd rather expect WoW's armor/weapon design to be terrible, so on the rare occasion that it's not absolute shit, I can be surprised.

Alex

I really like some of them, and none are too bad except for the cloth sets, the cloth sets are hideous, especially Warlock and Mage.

Still, It's a big step above Wrath's early iterations for sure, BC was so thematically perfect though, but then again BC did recycle tier gear as PvP armor.

So far Plate is winning this expansion though.

Narag

The Lamonster said:
Anyone lvl 15-25 wanna queue for the Wailing Caverns right now by chance? Been in the DF for 1hr 15mins so far...

If you're queueing directly for it, the eligible player pool will be diminished as one has to physically enter WC to be able to access it via the DF, I think.

Lolligag

The Lamonster said:
Anyone lvl 15-25 wanna queue for the Wailing Caverns right now by chance? Been in the DF for 1hr 15mins so far...
If you're Alliance, good luck ever getting a group for that place again.

You can't queue for that place unless you discover it now. -_-

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lolligag said:
If you're Alliance, good luck ever getting a group for that place again.

You can't queue for that place unless you discover it now. -_-

Nooo. Same thing will happen with both Razorfen dungeons too now. And Shadowfang Keep. Because no Alliance goes near Silverpine at early 20s.

Narag said:
If you're queueing directly for it, the eligible player pool will be diminished as one has to physically enter WC to be able to access it via the DF, I think.
wow why did they go and change that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom