• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

dollartaco said:
Quick question:

I want to be the friend in a recruit-a-friend arrangement, but I already have an account. I know I need to basically purchase a new key, but is it possible to have two WoW keys on the same battle.net ID?

Yes, you can have like 6 or 8 WoW accounts on one battle.net account something.

Edit; Don't listen to that bullshit "picking a realm" thing. Never pick low pop or "New Players!",. Do medium at absolute worst, personally I'd aim for high or full, I've been on a full for ages and have never seen a queue or lag spike due to that.

The last thing you want is to get stuck on one of the handful of ghost towns that they refuse to merge back from when they were constantly shitting out servers for no real reason. Middle of BC or so? I swear they were kicking them out just to shut up some of the forumites who kept begging for them every month because of some weird ass complex those types clearly have

A Robust economy + large guild/group pool in a game where you're limited to half of the populace is a big boon, IMO. No one will ever agree with me, but I hate the faction split in this game. I realize it wouldn't be Warcraft without it, but I also do not care.

vilmer_

Did VoA25 earlier and there was a Warlock doing 22k dps on the bosses :lol The end overall damage was something like:

Teamedward 12,000,000
The next person 5,000,000

It was utter ridiculousness.

Scum

I haven't been on WoW since last year September. I did manage to update to 4.0.1 a few weeks ago though. I need to get back and get my rhythm going again before Cataclysm hits.

vilmer_ said:
Did VoA25 earlier and there was a Warlock doing 22k dps on the bosses :lol The end overall damage was something like:

Teamedward 12,000,000

Sweet zombie, Jesus! I wonder what spec he or she is running?! I need to gear up my Warlock for some of this insane dmg! :lol

J-Rzez

Einbroch said:
Went from 1k honor to 4k honor before I even knew it. I was forced to buy some gear! :lol

I'm at cap myself. I didn't realize it for the longest time and now I don't want to buy anything because I'm too lazy to grind out the points to get back to cap in a month due to the launch only being that far away.

Scum

vilmer_ said:
Here is his/her armory - Teamedward. I have never seen such madness before :lol
I enjoy WoW more as a "casual" gamer. Never really part of a guild/legion but still had fun playing. So it'll take me forever to get his kind of stuff, but good God! I wish I had his awesome gear. o_O
If he's doing that much dmg to bosses then he must be 1-shotting trash! :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sullen said:
Yup, it is pretty silly. It looks absolutely ridiculous and is kinda boring on top of that. I really wish Mind Sear didn't suck so bad now. =/
i have 1,000 JP on my DK and 400 on the undergeared priest. talking some quest greens. the priest is having a 2 min dps queue so i'm gonna take advantage of that and gear the priest up in heroic gear. i feel bad for having shit dps, but whateva. they are going to think i'm crazy running around.

Manus

vilmer_ said:

Teamedward 12,000,000

Must have not been trying. I'm at 5.9 GS and can do close to 11k on a lot of bosses. Affliction does so much damage. The highest I've seen a Lock go is 14k.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
SquirrelNuckle said:
Must have not been trying. I'm at 5.9 GS and can do close to 11k on a lot of bosses. Affliction does so much damage. The highest I've seen a Lock go is 14k.
Uhm... the one he mentioned did 22k so pretty much double you. I would assume he is trying ;P

Acidote

I sold the second mature blue dragon sinew for 2k gs too, I'm hunting Azuregos everytime I can from now on :lol

mclem

UnblessedSoul said:
I'm just not feeling this pre cata event, the events seem to get worse every expansion

Remember the TBC event? This is markedly more interesting than that. Although Kazzak on the warpath was fun.

mclem

Rapstah said:
EDIT: Uh, okay, that was odd. I was expecting the other quest to have a follow-up or two, but nothing was mentioned about those burning corpses around the earth tablet I was supposed to deliver.

I think you're meant to deduce that the courier was attacked by the cultists; you can see some of his dead guards as well as dead cultists, and he's clearly weakened. You get in just in time for the cultists' reinforcements to arrive.

mclem

J-Rzez said:
Yes... I'd rather do those same 3 week in and week out, with my 9 other guildmates interested in doing such a thing. That way, we have better odds to win and progress. Now, looking for 5 other competent people maybe tough, so "maybe" we can do that (though I doubt it, but we'll see who comes back for Cata), but then you have the other one where we'll have to look for 15 other people? I don't think so. We don't do 25man content now, we don't want to do it later. The thing is, we're not being punished for doing 10man raids, unlike here where we are. It's a roadblock to detour people to "try" and create teams that size to get farmed by those who do have full rosters, and so they don't have to wait forever in queues. Even if you DID have 25 people, what would you do during the 10 and 15man bg weeks? Get into fights who's sitting out said days? So stupid on their part.

Then... do 10-mans (and maybe 15) all the time, but only have them rated 1/2 weeks out of 3? Fill in with Arenas or practice on the off-weeks?

They have said a number of times that 25-man content should still give a higher *quantity* of rewards than 10-man content - thanks to the logistical requirements to make one happen - even if it doesn't give higher *quality*. That's the approximate plan for PvE raid, at least.

Tacitus_

Well this is certainly interesting, a guildie linked me this this morning

PVE items being disabled in arenas would be... all kinds of fun, I guess.

HildyB

So a random hardware question pertaining to WoW. Solid State Drives, great for the OS, anyone running the warcraft install on the SSD and have a comment on speed?

Evlar

Banned
Tacitus_ said:
Well this is certainly interesting, a guildie linked me this this morning

PVE items being disabled in arenas would be... all kinds of fun, I guess.
Arena players have been asking for this for a long, long time. At least, in the specific case of Legendary weapons... banning ALL PvE equipment may be a bit much.

Danoss

HildyB said:
So a random hardware question pertaining to WoW. Solid State Drives, great for the OS, anyone running the warcraft install on the SSD and have a comment on speed?
Yep, I run an SSD for the OS and a separate one which has WoW installed on it. There is a notable speed increase in all WoW load times.

Tacitus_

Evlar said:
Arena players have been asking for this for a long, long time. At least, in the specific case of Legendary weapons... banning ALL PvE equipment may be a bit much.

Yeah, he whined about "damn smourne guys coming in and sucking their way up to 2k". I didn't arena much in wrath but it was kinda hilarious (in the sad way) that when I did a few hundred games before 4.0 we encountered a guy with shadowmourne and he had something like 1700 MMR >_>

I love this idea. Keep separating pve and pvp as much as possible, because then I don't have to deal with nerfs if my class/spec is too good in pvp and people whine.

HildyB

Danoss said:
Yep, I run an SSD for the OS and a separate one which has WoW installed on it. There is a notable speed increase in all WoW load times.

I was just reading a MaxPC article where the user said zone loads were virtually instant with WoW installed on the SSD. But he still had to wait for the rest of the raid/party so it didn't matter :lol

I never considered that part!

Morokh

Banning completely ALL PVE gear would be stupid .. since you have to run some weeks of a first season to get your first arena weapon ... xD

Evlar

Banned
HildyB said:
I was just reading a MaxPC article where the user said zone loads were virtually instant with WoW installed on the SSD. But he still had to wait for the rest of the raid/party so it didn't matter :lol

I never considered that part!
At least you'll miss the Tram less frequently. And you'll always be the first guy off the boat.

Morokh said:
Banning completely ALL PVE gear would be stupid .. since you have to run some weeks of a first season to get your first arena weapon ... xD

Haven't PvE weapon procs been nerfed due to pvp? As far as I'm concerned, with balancing they should be treated as two different games. By having completely separate gear that makes it possible.

Einbroch

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
Haven't PvE weapon procs been nerfed due to pvp? As far as I'm concerned, with balancing they should be treated as two different games. By having completely separate gear that makes it possible.
I don't think making it completely non-usable is the right solution. Nerf the stats of raid+ only gear by 25% or something.

You'd be gimping people who want to PVP for the first time way too much.

notworksafe

I thought that all base level PVP stuff was crafted now. I thought I had read that was the case, and that new recipes would be put out each season to keep people competitive.

Evlar said:

I am not an arena player but it makes sense, because this gives players more reasons to get more different styles of gear.

from what I can see these items are still useable in BGs?

if every player had to collect dedicated pve, and dedicated pvp gear, it would be twice the amount of gear to collect instead of one set of uber shit that pwns everything in all styles of gameplay including fishing once the server is down.

so from that perspective its more gameplay for us. more restrictions can sometimes lead to more fun. less is more.

But then again, I am not one of those people who would have the PATIENCE to sit through all those failed raids to finally get that crazy ass item.

its not about not having time for it(i dont have a life), its just that... I like just running around like a noob. my experience is that high end gear doesnt make you a more satisfied or happy player.

materialism am evil!!!111111

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I did an achievement run of Ulduar yesterday with my frost mage and i really like how powerful it is right now. Who would have thought frost mage would someday be good for instances? It was particularly great during the Hodir fight where you need to move a lot with all the procs for Fingers of Frost & Brain Freeze, gotta love all those powerful instant spells that crits a lot. I was far ahead of everyone when he died. :D

Interfectum

This has probably been answered 100 times but... a friend has caught the Cataclysm bug and wants to play again. Problem is he hasn't bought Wrath yet. Now, if he wants to roll a Worgan and play from 1-70, can he do that with Vanilla + Burning + Cataclysm or does he need to buy Wrath before installing Cata?

Interfectum

notworksafe said:
Has to buy Wrath.

Alex said:
I don't think he needs to buy Wrath for that.

-.-

I'm finding conflicting answers all over the internet.

I guess the real question is, is it possible to install Cataclysm on your PC and have access to the new races without having Wrath installed?

Alex

I don't see why not, if you're not entering Northrend yet or making a Death Knight, you shouldn't have to have Wrath I wouldn't think.

I don't know if they make you upgrade in a linear fashion, but I don't think so. Is that where the confusion stems from?

Edit: Oh! I guess you need BC in order to even activate Wrath, so yeah, I guess you will need it. What an odd choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom