• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher acquired! :D

We've got a solid month to hammer away at heroic LK now, so I've got a good feeling about it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"However there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race."

I could have sworn there actually was, but it required you to complete the Battle for Gilneas/Lost Isles quest chains.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
So was Ruby Sanctum a failure for Blizzard in terms of popularity? I rarely ever see anyone forming groups for it and my guild never runs it. I feel like they should have made it VoA or Ony style difficulty to fill the "pug raid" role as opposed to ICC's "guild raid" role.

Entropia

No One Remembers
sykoex said:
So was Ruby Sanctum a failure for Blizzard in terms of popularity? I rarely ever see anyone forming groups for it and my guild never runs it. I feel like they should have made it VoA or Ony style difficulty to fill the "pug raid" role as opposed to ICC's "guild raid" role.
Definitely a failure. It had good loot (trinkets, mostly)... but it wasn't worth the time for the most part. For pugging, it didn't provide enough rewards. Only Halion dropped loot, the other 3 mini-bosses only gave Emblems of Frost which were more or less worthless at that point.

Blizzard shot themselves in the foot for letting ICC go as long as it did.

Ruby Sanctum, on my server anyway is still pug-proof. Its not an idiot friendly fight.

I personally loved the Halion fight. Thought it was really fun change from ICC. I did it on 10 and heroic 10.

Kintaco

I just noticed that I got into the Cata beta on Oct 1st. :lol Holy shit at Orgrimmar, that place is insane now! This late in the game I probably won't do much in the beta unfortunately.

Cipherr

J-Rzez said:
Oh, so a SSD is a big improvement on game performance then? Some people said it had little to no impact on WoW. My next rig is going to have SSDs so this is good news.

I just built a new rig days ago with a sata6 crucial 128GB SSD. Has the one of the fastest read times on the market right now.

In wow, you load pretty much instantly, and theres no "pop in" when you hearth to like, Dalaran, all the models and people are there instantly.

Outside of that, I cant say it does much of anything else. I'm the first to load into ANYTHING, zoning, hearthing, instances etc. But again, you cant do anything until others get in so.... I would get an SSD for the way photoshop, browsers, your OS and Office loads before I would get one for WoW. Its overkill if its just for warcraft.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
markot said:
Blizz take their sweet ass time with content patches, and they dont space them out decently.

Something that's bugging me with the lead up to Cata, it's coming too slow and spaced out for my liking...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Troll Druids getting bats as their flight form. If I wasn't already deciding on race-changing mine, it's just been set in stone. Was hoping they'd get the bat since they use it as a Loa god.

ampere

Finally got my baby last night!

29avbbr.jpg

People have been so unmotivated lately I was worried we wouldn't have 10 show up =_=.
The main two we were worried about were "Been Waiting a Long Time for This", which ended up being easy :), and "All You Can Eat", which actually took 3 wipes and we barely got it when we did :lol

Might attempt Bane of the Fallen King next week. Then I'm totally done with Wrath.

HildyB

Puncture said:
I would get an SSD for the way photoshop, browsers, your OS and Office loads before I would get one for WoW. Its overkill if its just for warcraft.

Blasphemy!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be hunting one down in the next few weeks during all the sales.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah, those eyes are fucked up. Anyone carrying that around is being slotted right next to the sparkling pegasus shills.

mclem

speedpop said:
Yeah, those eyes are fucked up. Anyone carrying that around is being slotted right next to the sparkling pegasus shills.

L'il XT, however, is awesome. I won't hear a bad word against him.

iiiiiunicorn

Neo Member
I like my mini Thor :)

So lets make a list of things to do before Cata:

1) run around Ashenvale and Auberdine and reminisce before they get fucked up

...actually that's all I can think of. What else would are you guys doing before Cata hits?

SnakeswithLasers said:
Man, so a new player now is at $120. That's crazy. ($40 for battlechest, $40 for wrath, $40 for cat)

It'd be nice if you got more than just one month free as an incentive. Or if wrath got bundled into the BC and it was $50 or $60.

Edit: ^^^^ Ya, I know it still sells and that they don't "have" to reduce it. Just saying it would be nice. I mean, I'd pick up the set for my girlfriend if I could get her up to date for $80 or so. At $120, I'm not even going to bother trying.

A new player doesn't have to spend $120 off the bat. Buy the battle chest, and if you end up leveling to 60 and enjoying the game, then buy WotLK and Cata

mclem

iiiiiunicorn said:
...actually that's all I can think of. What else would are you guys doing before Cata hits?

Things are looking good for completing the AQ40 opening quest chain in time before Cataclysm hits; that's my first priority.

I need 10 more achievement points to get the "Over 9000" feat of strength, and another 110 on top of that to re-assert my position as second in the guild on achievements (the leader is past 10k). Finishing off Chef is likely to be the vector by which I get that, although I have a *ton* of potential PvP achievements I could work towards. (Not been in WSG since achievements were added; only been in Strand of the Ancients once; never entered Isle of Conquest).

I'm two factions away from having 40 exalted and earning the title; the most likely ones to aim for for that look like Brood of Nozdormu (currently revered) and Thorium Brotherhood (currently honored).

Those three are ones I particularly want to polish off before Cataclysm. The remainder are ideas I'm toying with but I'm not *that* desperate to do soon:

I've not heard if anything's happening to the Dungeon Set 2 chain, which is a bit odd; while there hasn't been any *mention* of changes to it, I find it quite hard to believe that there aren't any given just how many instances it touches. I may well be looking at that, too.

Never done Sunwell. That'd be nice.

If I ever get that damned green proto I'll be able to swap to Frenzyheart rep and that'll give me plenty of new dailies to work through.

I'm liking soloing old content. I'll continue doing Magtheridon regularly (500G/week!), but it'd also be nice (if I can get some assistance on the trash) to have a go at A'lar. Lower than that, I think I should be able to do full runs of MC, Kara and AQ20, I've just never really got around to trying. Soloing MC should help with the Thorium Brotherhood work; likewise AQ20 with the Brood of Nozdormu stuff (I've never handed in Ossirian's head)

I'm deliberately saving the "coins in the fountain" achievements so they can act as something I can do to level fishing when the next skill level opens up.

webrunner

funkmastergeneral said:
A new player doesn't have to spend $120 off the bat. Buy the battle chest, and if you end up leveling to 60 and enjoying the game, then buy WotLK and Cata

What if you want to start as a Goblin?

webrunner said:

Well obviously then you'd need to buy all the expansions.

I assume Blizzard will be making a new battle chest anyway. I don't see the big deal in all of this.

Edit: Also what I think is way worse then having people spend 120 dollars on the game is the cost of race and faction changes. I'd like to bring one of my 80's over to my friends alliance server, but for the cost of 50 bucks? Hell no. The faction and race changes are robbery.

Dunlop

ciaossu said:
Finally got my baby last night!

grats!

We burned though all the achievements in the last 2 weeks, all I have left after last night was the easy "orb whisperer" and someone took too much damage with the boss at about 0.01% health

Next week it is : (

TomServo

iiiiiunicorn said:

Trying to figure out what toon I'll main...

80 warlock w/ 450 tailoring/enchanting and 310% flying
80 priest w/ 450 herbalism/alchemy and 280% flying
80 DK w/ 450 jewelcrafting/mining

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
webrunner said:
Well yeah, but then sucks to be you. In reality, most people just buy the base game because they don't even understand the concept of the expansions, and just buy more from there because it's like crack and they want more levels.

Ya, the race change price sucks. I feel like changing my pally to a tauren is just necessary at this point. Blood Elf is the worst thing ever.

I also changed my tauren warrior to an orc warrior when I started back up again last month just because I was sick of getting stuck in doors while riding my talbuk and because...well, male tauren animations are suck.

TomServo

Only thing Horde-side worse than Blood Elfs are Tauren. Cow people? Seriously?

I've never even considered rolling a druid because of the requirement that he be a Tauren.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
it boggles my mind that anyone would be so adverse to playing a mythical humanoid in a fantasy game

iiiiiunicorn said:
Why the Blood-Elf hate? The racials seem okay.

Yeah, be's and forsaken are awesome. I always thought it would be appropriate if the rest of the Horde submitted to Sylvanas' rule instead of what's happening with Derrprosh. Alternatively, the blood elves and forsaken could form their own third splinter group. At any rate, the "animal" races should be on the far bottom of the horde totem pole, good for tanking and heavy lifting but otherwise very far from the seat of power. OR, you know, it would be cool if the Night Elves joined that coalition and formed a kinda elven nation to rival the horde and alliance.

Or, shit, I mean, yeah I'm out gaf I gotta go do P90X and HIIT training for 3 hours then have hot sex with a woman, later losers.

theinfinityissue said:
Yeah, be's and forsaken are awesome. I always thought it would be appropriate if the rest of the Horde submitted to Sylvanas' rule instead of what's happening with Derrprosh. Alternatively, the blood elves and forsaken could form their own third splinter group. At any rate, the "animal" races should be on the far bottom of the horde totem pole, good for tanking and heavy lifting but otherwise very far from the seat of power. OR, you know, it would be cool if the Night Elves joined that coalition and formed a kinda elven nation to rival the horde and alliance.

Or, shit, I mean, yeah I'm out gaf I gotta go do P90X and HIIT training for 3 hours then have hot sex with a woman, later losers.

A third faction would be really cool for the story, but it would definitely hurt the gameplay since that means you'd only be able to play with 1/3 of your server.

Interfectum

Taking a break from WoW until Cata I think... will log in maybe once every few days to see the events though.

For my Worgan Druid I'm going to send:
- two full sets of heirlooms (casting and melee)
- 5k in gold
- 11 (i think) huge bags (for character and bank)
- WoW CE: Diablo, Zergling and Panda pets ready to roll (they dont auto send you those like the other account bound items)

I'm set. :D :D

Interfectum said:
Taking a break from WoW until Cata I think... will log in maybe once every few days to see the events though.

For my Worgan Druid I'm going to send:
- two full sets of heirlooms (casting and melee)
- 5k in gold
- 11 (i think) huge bags (for character and bank)
- WoW CE: Diablo, Zergling and Panda pets ready to roll (they dont auto send you those like the other account bound items)

I'm set. :D :D

They now give you all three pets in the mail. No more quest to get one pet.

notworksafe

Hey cool! The Insane title is staying in the game!

It's a question you've been asking us for a little while now. And, based on all the posts, emails, petitions, and letters we received following the announcement that the Insane in the Membrane achievement would no longer be in available in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, we started to wonder if maybe we had gone a bit loco.

So, we went back to the drawing board. After carefully reviewing all the feedback and discussing the matter amongst ourselves, we're now happy to report that we will be making the following changes to the Feat of Strength:

Exalted reputation with Shen'dralar will no longer be required. As this is the only reputation that will be unobtainable in Cataclysm, we've simply decided to remove it as a requirement.

For those who already earned Exalted reputation with this faction, don't worry -- we haven't forgotten about your accomplishments. In a future patch, we'll be adding in a separate Feat of Strength to recognize your deep love of Dire Maul.

Bloodsail Buccaneer faction reputation will remain in-game. Also, to ensure that this change does not negatively affect Cataclysm quest progression in Stranglethorn Vale, Booty Bay Bruisers will now provide reputation up through Exalted.

This will ensure that players will still be able to attain Insane in the Membrane and "The Insane" title in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Please note, however, that these changes will not take effect until The Shattering in patch 4.0.3a -- excluding the separate "Exalted with Shen'dralar" feat, which will be introduced in a future, but currently-undetermined patch.

And, of course, those who are already Insane in the Membrane will retain their title and current Feat of Strength. Shine on, you crazy diamonds.

Not my cup of tea, but it's nice that the title is staying.

epik

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing.

I should be doing a lot more DPS - in fact, for the first time, I was actually one of the lower dps'ers on the list for damage done on a recent ICC run that made me think that I'm missing something.

I average like 5-6.5k on single target. I feel as if it should be more. Especially with everyone else nearing 7-13k in my group

Here's my character: Click here

Someone help me ;p

Rapstah

epik said:
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing.

I should be doing a lot more DPS - in fact, for the first time, I was actually one of the lower dps'ers on the list for damage done on a recent ICC run that made me think that I'm missing something.

I average like 5-6.5k on single target. I feel as if it should be more. Especially with everyone else nearing 7-13k in my group

Here's my character: Click here

Someone help me ;p
I'm clueless at Shamans/Shamen/Shaman (plural) but I'm assuming that the people who are in the know in this thread will want to know your rotation.

EDIT: God damn it, looking at your armory made me want to roll a Shaman again (my second ever character was one and is to this day a dead level 16 Troll Shaman in Booty Bay).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom