• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I remember this annoying ninja in Vanilla. He kept saying things like "my X needs to be repaired so i'm going to roll need to wear it right now" all after advertising he needs gold for a mount at the start of the instance. Then he kept saying "so, I'm going to need Baron Rivendare's mount since I don't have one yet ok?"

DeathNote said:
I remember this annoying ninja in Vanilla. He kept saying things like "my X needs to be repaired so i'm going to roll need to wear it right now" all after advertising he needs gold for a mount at the start of the instance. Then he kept saying "so, I'm going to need Baron Rivendare's mount since I don't have one yet ok?"

I never not roll Need on mounts if they drop. I wouldn't want to risk being the one asshole who rolled Greed expecting this game to be civil.

keeblerdrow said:
I never not roll Need on mounts if they drop. I wouldn't want to risk being the one asshole who rolled Greed expecting this game to be civil.

Yeah, greed rolls have no practical purpose for items which no one can truly "need", like mounts. It's not even a matter of being cautious. People that roll greed on a mount don't understand the purpose/mechanics of the loot system.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Doesn't everyone need on that? Presuming they were running Strat anything other than solo, of course. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Doesn't everyone need on that? Presuming they were running Strat anything other than solo, of course. :lol
well he mentioned the mount like 10 times and worded it in a way like he wanted dibs just because the poor babby didn't have a 100% mount yet. that was when they were like... 500g?

J-Rzez

MagicJackBauer said:
Apparently in the latest cata beta Gamon in org has 1937k hp :lol

:lol

Now that's actually something really funny that Blizzard did. So now people will be getting raids after him if he's still attackable, which he better be.

markot

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
I'd like to see if this is true but Orgrimmar has a crashing bug at the moment so I can't log into my character.
Yeah, I tried to check but the stupid city is bugged out the ass.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
:lol

Now that's actually something really funny that Blizzard did. So now people will be getting raids after him if he's still attackable, which he better be.
Gamon's melee swing hits for 36474
Gamon's Uppercut hits for 36311
Gamon's melee swing hits for 45710

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9565/wowscrnshot111110175351.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3145/wowscrnshot111110180609.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7144/wowscrnshot111110180603.jpg

Flib

HarryDemeanor said:
I'd like to see if this is true but Orgrimmar has a crashing bug at the moment so I can't log into my character.

Old premades crash the fuck out at the moment, transfer some new ones over and you should be fine.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
I think it's the entire thing now with the streaming client.
This right here...
https://us.battle.net/account/downloads/WOW-4.0.0.12911-enUS-Trial.exe

Installed 10GB on my computer in 20 minutes. And after a 100MB file, it's playable while downloading another 10GB. Seems like their servers are hella good for the first 10GB.

(I want a friend to play and I'm testing shit out. )

This client here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/wowclient-download.html Installed 50 MB and had the vanilla log in screen.

Flib said:
Old premades crash the fuck out at the moment, transfer some new ones over and you should be fine.

I did a premade right now to see if it was my character and it's still crashing even though people are in there fine. Other people are having the same problem though.

Weenerz

Banned
Orgrimmar crashes with premades atm, but if you make a tauren or other races, it will work fine. Seems to be a texture orgrimmar.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
hmm.... blizz just gave me 7 days free game time. baiting me to sign up again.... is it worth jumping back in now or should i just wait for the xpac?

Scrow said:
hmm.... blizz just gave me 7 days free game time. baiting me to sign up again.... is it worth jumping back in now or should i just wait for the xpac?

Wait for Cataclysm. There is little to do at level 80 now, and they're completely revamping the 1-60 leveling process.

suzu

funkmastergeneral said:
Wait for Cataclysm. There is little to do at level 80 now, and they're completely revamping the 1-60 leveling process.
The free 7 days offer expires on Dec 1st. Cataclysm is out Dec 7th.

Does anybody know when are the new class + race combos coming out?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
suzu said:
The free 7 days offer expires on Dec 1st. Cataclysm is out Dec 7th.

Does anybody know when are the new class + race combos coming out?
guess i'll wait till 30th nov.

new race/class combos are available the day the xpac drops.

That free 7-days of playtime might suck me back in...Not because I want to use it, but because my best buddy is going to re-active for Cataclysm...And he'll want me to...And...Ughh...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Scrow said:
depends on what you want to do

-if you have an 80 there's some pre cat event stuff. not sure quests go away or not. http://www.wowpedia.org/Elemental_Unrest
-if you have a 60-7x you want to level, there's no reason to wait.
-you can't do a goblin/worgen until dec 7 + Cat purchase
-nov 30th is prob. the latest 4.0.3a drops (world changes, new race/class combo)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
actually, wait, when does the new quest system get implemented. something about not having to run back to the quest giver?

IIRC, some of the 80-85 quests make you run back.

DeathNote said:
actually, wait, when does the new quest system get implemented. something about not having to run back to the quest giver?

IIRC, some of the 80-85 quests make you run back.

There are quite a few quests that I have found with that feature while doing Hyjal, Vashj'ir, Deepholm, and Uldum. Most quests have you run back unless the quest requires you to find something in the place you currently are. You will also find random quests by just randomly killing something like I did with the hyenas in Uldum (Killed a hyena and up popped a quest to kill 12 hyenas.)

But it will come when the world is Deathwing'd.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
There are quite a few quests that I have found with that feature while doing Hyjal, Vashj'ir, Deepholm, and Uldum. Most quests have you run back unless the quest requires you to find something in the place you currently are. You will also find random quests by just randomly killing something like I did with the hyenas in Uldum (Killed a hyena and up popped a quest to kill 12 hyenas.)

But it will come when the world is Deathwing'd.
that seems confusing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i think this is all in
720p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGiaEVzr2E

**WARNING: This video does not show Tier 11 for the shaman class ingame because of a WoW error but it will show it in the character screen**

Skip to 2:20 if you want to see DK ingame tier 11
Skip to 2:42 if you want to see druid ingame tier 11
Skip to 3:20 if you want to see warlock ingame tier 11
skip to 3:58 if you want to see paladin ingame tier 11
skip to 4:29 if you want to see mage ingame tier 11
skip to 5:07 if you want to see warrior ingame tier 11
skip to 5:40 if you want to see hunter ingame tier 11
skip to 6:10 if you want to see rogue ingame tier 11
skip to 6:29 if you want to see priest ingame tier 11

edit: fuck this guy is obnoxious. giving me motion sickness.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
t11 looks garbage. Druid :lol :lol :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tamanon said:
So I'm thinking the elemental bosses will hit next Monday, then the Sundering itself will happen on November 30th.
Yep, seems to be pretty much a given considering the last two "updates" over the past fortnight.

God I got the 7 day email too. The problem is the guild I use to roll with would never raid with me again even if I started playing consistently too. I would have to roll with some GAFers or something, and I am sure the GAF guild is pretty full of raiders at this point.

zugzug

Speaking as an Enhancement Shaman..... Every single Producer in charge of decision making on class balance should be flayed and fired right now. This before the expansion patch is making me cry that i'm actually paying when I look at the DPS meters and I want to punch every single Warlock and Death Knight, hell even Mages.

Stick a few more corkscrews into my eyeballs while your at it Blizzard Class balance team.

Screw you searing totem and 5 stacks of lava lash. If I wanted to be an Elemental Shaman I woulda specced into that. Lava Lash is now the enhancement version of Lava Burst. Give me back my Magma Totem you bastids! The only thing not putting me on death watch is I no longer raid with a elemental shaman since the patch, if I did I know I would cry bigger tears of my stuffed on the bottom of the DPS meters Spec.

Bring the correct FoTM not the Gimpled Enhancement Shaman.

Edit: heh spelling.

Alex

That Rogue set is one of the worst ever.

I'm digging most of the plate though, Mage is nice too. DK wins this tier, IMO. The Heroic mode set is cool, reminds me of a really nice, thematic tier like 2 or 5.

Speaking as an Enhancement Shaman..... Every single Producer in charge of decision making on class balance should be flayed and fired right now. T

The numbers for Elem and Enhance are fine at 85 from what I've seen and heard, my issue with Shaman are all of the little loose threads with quality of life concerns. I'd like to see some tweaks to totems, elementals and most importantly before Cata raiding; a tank/throughput cooldown for Resto and tweaks to healing rain, oh and their mastery. I can't believe Deep Healing still exists. It's even worse than what the Resto Druid one was before it was revamped.

On beta PvP, I have to say, I want the interruption reduction for healing trees back. With the changes to healing at 85, there really shouldn't be anything THAT stacked against them in that kind of context, interrupt is way too lengthy with the current state of things.

PvP fight duration is pretty damn long though at the moment, though. It's about where it was in BC, healing is starting to feel close to that as well, with the exception that Resto Druid is now a mere mortal unlike S2-4. :lol

I really hope this is how it maintains and they keep working on it. If 5v5 could become viable again I'd be really happy.

One other tab: They *need* to do something about Frost Mages. It's not the damage, it's the fucking snares. Everyone is always snared or rooted in a ridiculous manner.

They should:

1.) Revert Ring of Frost to it's original idea
2.) Remove FoF grants from the Water Elemental's Freeze
3.) Roll back in FoF procs to cast time spells so PvE DPS doesn't suffer.
4.) Remove Cone of Cold's new insta-root, if it has to have something for PvP, make it proc a defense cooldown like "icy mist" or something that makes the bastard harder to hit for a couple, just stop with the snares and roots and shit.

Alex

Was the Worgen Flight Form posted yet?

24o6b.jpg

mclem

LaserBuddha said:
Regardless though, no one should ever be rolling Need for the purposes of disenchanting, right?

Speaking of which (tenuously), I've just had a bit of an idea for convenience's sake.

If I were to find a guild buddy who is an enchanter, and group with him throughout the cataclysm levelling process, would I *always* have the 'disenchant' button option, even if he was nowhere near me? I think I've seen something similar occur when farming ZG before.

It'd be a lot more convenient if I could instantly convert dropped greens into (stackable!) enchanting mats, rather than have to lug them all around until I can get to a mailbox or vendor.

I just use the remote auction house...log on with my phone after my session's over and sell everything without stepping foot in a capital city....you can even sell stuff thats in your bank or mailbox...costs a few bucks a month though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom