• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
mclem said:
Things are looking good for completing the AQ40 opening quest chain in time before Cataclysm hits; that's my first priority.

I need 10 more achievement points to get the "Over 9000" feat of strength, and another 110 on top of that to re-assert my position as second in the guild on achievements (the leader is past 10k). Finishing off Chef is likely to be the vector by which I get that, although I have a *ton* of potential PvP achievements I could work towards. (Not been in WSG since achievements were added; only been in Strand of the Ancients once; never entered Isle of Conquest).

I'm two factions away from having 40 exalted and earning the title; the most likely ones to aim for for that look like Brood of Nozdormu (currently revered) and Thorium Brotherhood (currently honored).

Those three are ones I particularly want to polish off before Cataclysm. The remainder are ideas I'm toying with but I'm not *that* desperate to do soon:

I've not heard if anything's happening to the Dungeon Set 2 chain, which is a bit odd; while there hasn't been any *mention* of changes to it, I find it quite hard to believe that there aren't any given just how many instances it touches. I may well be looking at that, too.

Never done Sunwell. That'd be nice.

If I ever get that damned green proto I'll be able to swap to Frenzyheart rep and that'll give me plenty of new dailies to work through.

I'm liking soloing old content. I'll continue doing Magtheridon regularly (500G/week!), but it'd also be nice (if I can get some assistance on the trash) to have a go at A'lar. Lower than that, I think I should be able to do full runs of MC, Kara and AQ20, I've just never really got around to trying. Soloing MC should help with the Thorium Brotherhood work; likewise AQ20 with the Brood of Nozdormu stuff (I've never handed in Ossirian's head)

I'm deliberately saving the "coins in the fountain" achievements so they can act as something I can do to level fishing when the next skill level opens up.

Assuming you're a paladin (judging by your avatar) MC should be pretty easy to solo for you as prot, given a decent set of gear. I've done it the past month or two as a DK. You would have it even easier because of your more reliable heals. The only tricky guy is Gehennas, where I pop a pot to remove his curse and heal up before he applies it again, otherwise the rest is fairly straight-forward. Ragnaros has a certain spot you stand in (check the wowhead comments for a picture of it) so you get hit in the lava every time and avoid fall damage.

The only thing about it solo is that it does take me maybe about 2 hours to finish being careful to not die and avoid a long corpse run since I pull the trash one pack at a time for the most part (you really don't want more than one firelord if you can help it.)

Sunwell is pretty easy - I tanked a pug group through it this past week, only took 60-90 minutes or so, was fun.

Myself, in this downtime period has been cranking reps up to exalted pretty fast. I got 3 this past weekend I think and finished The Diplomat title. Been doing mostly BC ones as I have every Northrend one now besides Oracles which is in revered (considering switching if when I hit exalted with them since I have the green drake already.)

I have revered with Thrallmar, revered with Cenarion Expedition and I'll be finishing those two next. Lower City is also revered for me since I've been running Anzu - not gonna grind that since I'll hit exalted before I get the mount probably anyway.

Cenarion Circle may be next on the list, but I also have some other things to wrap up like finishing the Karazhan key quest chain, and getting to at least the epic cooking recipe from the Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline (highly doubt I'll be able to finish it all in the time left, so I've settled on getting that recipe.)

And also finishing up or helping with some of the older raid achievements (Ulduar, Naxx, ToGC) with my new guild.

But yeah, even not raiding progressively at the moment, I've still set myself a pretty full plate to knock achieves and things out of the way before we're inundating with Cataclysm content and I won't have time to do them.

Sciz

epik said:
Someone help me ;p
You're waaaaaaaay over the 17% hit cap. Ditch as much as you can (especially that quill), reforge everything you can to mastery, and gem straight int once you meet the meta requirements.

epik

Sciz said:
You're waaaaaaaay over the 17% hit cap. Ditch as much as you can (especially that quill), reforge everything you can to mastery, and gem straight int once you meet the meta requirements.

Ok awesome! What about haste; I was recommended a possible 25-29% haste rating to make my LB casts at like 1 second?

mclem

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Assuming you're a paladin (judging by your avatar) MC should be pretty easy to solo for you as prot, given a decent set of gear. I've done it the past month or two as a DK. You would have it even easier because of your more reliable heals. The only tricky guy is Gehennas, where I pop a pot to remove his curse and heal up before he applies it again, otherwise the rest is fairly straight-forward. Ragnaros has a certain spot you stand in (check the wowhead comments for a picture of it) so you get hit in the lava every time and avoid fall damage.

One thing you may not be taking into account is silences. When I last tried this properly - back at the start of Wrath - I just couldn't take down a firelord because the silences crippled me so much.

Also, I'm not looking forward to Geddon, since his mana drain is magic which I can no longer dispel. That's going to hurt.

Still, I'm aware it's all possible in principle, I'm just going to have to be careful!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
As cool as the troll druid flight form is... i dont think i will even change my tauren to troll... there is a damn cow "joke" in my name! /sad

I know i could pay to change my name too, but that's going to turn way too expensive.

mclem

Bisnic said:
As cool as the troll druid flight form is... i dont think i will even change my tauren to troll... there is a damn cow "joke" in my name! /sad

I know i could pay to change my name too, but that's going to turn way too expensive.

I think you get a free name change with a race change. Could be wrong.

Bisnic

Oh, that's cool then.

It's funny though... i bet a lot of taurens will change to trolls.

Same with night elves to worgens. :lol

HildyB

ok, I'm nubtasic when it comes to numbers and things within the game. Where can I discover the caps for my classes? I'm sure I'm being very inefficient... I've just never got into the min/max portion but seems like to get into the end game content, people look at that.

Rapstah

HildyB said:
ok, I'm nubtasic when it comes to numbers and things within the game. Where can I discover the caps for my classes? I'm sure I'm being very inefficient... I've just never got into the min/max portion but seems like to get into the end game content, people look at that.
You'll only really need to know the hit cap. The other caps are very hard to accidentally reach and when you do you'll probably be owning the charts anyway.

Retro

Bisnic said:
Oh, that's cool then.

It's funny though... i bet a lot of taurens will change to trolls.

Same with night elves, humans, draenei and gnomes to worgens. :lol

Fixed for ya'. Dorfs excluded since dorfs rock. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What's the point of doing the AQ40 opening quest chain now? All you can do is get the Veteran of the Shifting Sands Feat? No weapons, mount, title?

Bisnic

HildyB said:

It's pretty simple actually.

For melee attacks, the hit cap is 8%
For magic/poison attacks, the hit cap is 17%

DeathNote said:
How hard is it to do starting... now?

Extremely. Not to mention the rep grinding / mat buying, you need two BWL runs (with everything going your way), which means you'd be cutting it very fine indeed in terms of when 4.0.3 hits. And it's a helluva lot of work to do only to not quite make it.

mclem

Depends how much money you have to throw at things. A potential sticking point is the Elementium Ingots, which are farmed from BWL; you only have finite BWL resets to work with. They may appear on the AH, but they are quite pricey.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ah, fuck that.

How easy is it to solo MC,BWL, ONY bosses in a 5.2k GS DK for fun?

funkmastergeneral said:
Holy shit you can send heirlooms cross faction? when did this happen?
I tried a week ago, how did you do it? Mail obviously..

They need to make a BOA bank tab.

Weenerz

Banned
DeathNote said:
Ah, fuck that.

Onyxia was upgraded to a current level boss, not soloable. BWL has a few bosses that pretty much require a small group.

Evlar

Banned
Retro said:
Fixed for ya'. Dorfs excluded since dorfs rock. :lol
Yeah, I considered shifting my Dwarf Priest over to Worgen to take advantage of that movement speed racial, but... Nope. Not worth it. Dwarven forever.

idlewild_

DeathNote said:

same way you send mail to alts on your own faction, you can only send heirlooms though, so no gold/boe/etc. it's been in there since a couple patches ago.

DeathNote said:
Ah, fuck that.

Problem with BWL is the first 2 bosses aren't soloable.

Have you tried soloing AQ20? I did that a week ago, it was actually pretty fun.

notworksafe

They are duoable, so just find one person in your guild that can go with you for the first two BWL bosses, and you'll be good to solo after that.

funkmastergeneral said:
A third faction would be really cool for the story, but it would definitely hurt the gameplay since that means you'd only be able to play with 1/3 of your server.

What they should do is:

Forsaken becomes its own faction - Forsaken makes breakthrough, and can now harvest new undead soldiers from ALL races. So you have undead tauren, undead elfs, undead dwarfs... its like dks but a entire faction.

it would be easy to do, because the animations exists for all the current races. you just make them skeleton-model like. it would be the most economical way to make a third faction. forskaken would be the zerg of wow, twisting everything into shit.

i guess horde would need a new races too for the lack of one(Ogre's obviously...).

I just made this game insanely cool inside my own head!!!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm doing UC rep for the White Skeletal Warhorse.

Looks awesome.

23oaag.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Vigilant Walrus said:
What they should do is:

Forsaken becomes its own faction - Forsaken makes breakthrough, and can now harvest new undead soldiers from ALL races. So you have undead tauren, undead elfs, undead dwarfs... its like dks but a entire faction.

it would be easy to do, because the animations exists for all the current races. you just make them skeleton-model like. it would be the most economical way to make a third faction. forskaken would be the zerg of wow, twisting everything into shit.

i guess horde would need a new races too for the lack of one(Ogre's obviously...).

I just made this game insanely cool inside my own head!!!
It's far more likely Sylvanas will just end up as a Raid boss for being a queen bitch

Alex

Third faction would be awful, it sucks enough ass as is being limited to half of the playerbase for PvE.

they need to let you build rep/defect into one of the two.

This is a great idea. Also, WoW needs a new (meaningful) high end gold sink, could turn it into one, and it'd help servers with populace problems a bit.

Do quests, build rep, get a "the traitor" title, pay 10-20k gold and get ushered in. It should be one way though. Like if you defect, you should never be able to go back.

Could even drop cosmetic tweaks to each race. All of this would be really cool and a much better concept than a third faction, IMO.

Cannot even fathom the crying there would be though, rp nerds would have a melt down, because god forbid fun and comfort and choice supersedes a video game storyline. I mean, I like context, lore and story too, I read all the quests and follow the shit but game design should always be master, period.

Hell, if it was up to me, i'd let every race be every class, I think it's stupid that you can insinuate that say for example, with Draenei, you can't be Warlocks because they're so good and noble. Fuck that, you can't tell me there's not at least a few bastards in even the best of crowds.

Sciz

epik said:
Ok awesome! What about haste; I was recommended a possible 25-29% haste rating to make my LB casts at like 1 second?
Int > haste > crit. Whenever you have a choice between them, go for Int.

I've always thought druids should just be their own faction and always "yellow" to each other. I loved the idea of Moonglade. I don't know how I feel now that they've expanded it to two additional races though--it was more novel when there were only 2 races that could play the class.

DeathNote said:
I'm doing UC rep for the White Skeletal Warhorse.

Looks awesome.

[]http://i54.tinypic.com/23oaag.jpg[/]
Whoa. Man. I need to level my priest. She's 71 and undead. She'd look smoking hot on that horse and her name is "Hope" ... got lucky with the name since she's been around since launch.

What's the best way to get rep for your faction now? Cloth turn-ins?

Edit: Oh wait--I just need to get 5 champion's seals and 500g since I'm undead? Score.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Whoa. Man. I need to level my priest. She's 71 and undead. She'd look smoking hot on that horse and her name is "Hope" ... got lucky with the name since she's been around since launch.

What's the best way to get rep for your faction now? Cloth turn-ins?

Edit: Oh wait--I just need to get 5 champion's seals and 500g since I'm undead? Score.
You need exalted.

I'm a Blood Elf DK, almost revered, and it'd take about a month doing the 4 Argent Tournament dailies that give a Champion's Writ to buy Undercity Commendation Badge wroth 250 rep each.

I don't really want to bother doing quests or cloth turn ins cause they didn't announce they were taking these mounts out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You can champion the playable factions in Cataclsym, meaning all you have to do is run regular ass dungeons to get exalted and buy all the regular mounts

Bisnic

So i've noticed something today, what is that number under my portrait? 76/30? The number isn't the same on my other characters and i have no idea what it means.
WPnlO.jpg

edit : nvm, i just noticed that its my new map coord addon. :lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
epik said:
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing.

I should be doing a lot more DPS - in fact, for the first time, I was actually one of the lower dps'ers on the list for damage done on a recent ICC run that made me think that I'm missing something.

I average like 5-6.5k on single target. I feel as if it should be more. Especially with everyone else nearing 7-13k in my group

Here's my character: Click here

Someone help me ;p

Alright:
You are way over hit cap. You only need about 420 hit to get the hit cap.

None of you gear is reforged. Reforge Hit/Spirit into Mastery. If the item does not have hit or spirit, reforge crit to mastery.

Gemming:
Red: Intellect
Yellow: Int + Haste
Blue: Int + sta (only do 2 to meet the meta requirements)

You have a yellow gem in a red socket in your helmet.
Put an Int gem in your shoulders over Haste. This also applies to: Cloak, Bracers, Ring 1(loop of endless labyrinth), and relic
You do not need a +10 all stats gem.
Do not gem +20 haste, use Int/Haste gems
The only pieces you should be matching are your chest and legs with blue gems. That will give you your meta gem requirement (2 blue gems), and they also provide the most SP from socket matching.
In your legs: Reckless Ametrine, Brilliant Cardinal Ruby, and Glowing Dreadstone
In your chest: Brilliant Cardinal Ruby and Glowing Dreadstone

Change your boot enchant from Icewalker to Tuskarr's Vitality

Also level up your JC to take advantage of the 3 JC-Only gems!

Rotation:
Flame Shock
Lava Burst
Lightning Bolt

Priority:
If Lava Surge procs, finish casting your lightning bolt then cast Lava Burst next.
Check the (potential) cooldown of Lava Burst vs. stacks of Lightning Shield. Lava Burst will always come before Earth Shock

Flame Shock, more or less will be a non-issue because with the four piece bonus and Lava Burst being cast more with Lava Surge and Elemental Overload(the mastery) your flame shock will rarely need to be cast unless you are target changing.

Highly recommend getting Power Auras so you know when Lava Burst is off cooldown and when your lightning shield is at 9 stacks.

Your fire totem of choice should be searing totem. If in another 25 man raid, you should have a resto shaman, he will lay flametongue.

Here's my Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/entropia/

Angry Grimace

Entropia said:
Alright:
You are way over hit cap. You only need about 420 hit to get the hit cap.

None of you gear is reforged. Reforge Hit/Spirit into Mastery. If the item does not have hit or spirit, reforge crit to mastery.

Gemming:
Red: Intellect
Yellow: Int + Haste
Blue: Int + sta (only do 2 to meet the meta requirements)

You have a yellow gem in a red socket in your helmet.
Put an Int gem in your shoulders over Haste. This also applies to: Cloak, Bracers, Ring 1(loop of endless labyrinth), and relic
You do not need a +10 all stats gem.
Do not gem +20 haste, use Int/Haste gems
The only pieces you should be matching are your chest and legs with blue gems. That will give you your meta gem requirement (2 blue gems), and they also provide the most SP from socket matching.
In your legs: Reckless Ametrine, Brilliant Cardinal Ruby, and Glowing Dreadstone
In your chest: Brilliant Cardinal Ruby and Glowing Dreadstone

Change your boot enchant from Icewalker to Tuskarr's Vitality

Also level up your JC to take advantage of the 3 JC-Only gems!

Rotation:
Flame Shock
Lava Burst
Lightning Bolt

Priority:
If Lava Surge procs, finish casting your lightning bolt then cast Lava Burst next.
Check the (potential) cooldown of Lava Burst vs. stacks of Lightning Shield. Lava Burst will always come before Earth Shock

Flame Shock, more or less will be a non-issue because with the four piece bonus and Lava Burst being cast more with Lava Surge and Elemental Overload(the mastery) your flame shock will rarely need to be cast unless you are target changing.

Highly recommend getting Power Auras so you know when Lava Burst is off cooldown and when your lightning shield is at 9 stacks.

Your fire totem of choice should be searing totem. If in another 25 man raid, you should have a resto shaman, he will lay flametongue.

Here's my Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/entropia/
Does Flametongue Totem do something other than 6% Spell power? Because Arcane Intellect does that also (also Demonic Pact, I think, but I think DP does more)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Angry Grimace said:
Does Flametongue Totem do something other than 6% Spell power? Because Arcane Intellect does that also (also Demonic Pact, I think, but I think DP does more)

This is correct. I actually haven'te ven done a 25 man raid since 4.0...

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
I hadn't seen that Therazane model yet, that is quite creepy looking.

http://i55.tinypic.com/29w1e6o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I think it's supposed to be a "bigger" version of the Princess Theradras model.

[QUOTE=Entropia]This is correct. I actually haven'te ven done a 25 man raid since 4.0...[/QUOTE]
It seems that all Fire totems give 10% Spell Power if you are Elemental and take the 1 pt. Totemic Wrath talent, which functionally means nobody would ever drop Flametongue in a raid.

Angry Grimace

Having seen videos of Al'Akir, it seems pretty implausible that you could kill something that large. He doesn't even fit on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom