• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
SnakeswithLasers said:
This thread is all kinds of flamewar all the time. Can't even state how you feel about the look of something without it devolving into a war about who hates blizzard and who loves blizzard.

This isn't about who loves/hates Blizzard.

this about the difference between:
"I don't like this decision"
and
"I don't like this decision, therefore Blizzard is a spiteful, lazy, and incompetent company that makes shitty products that I can't stop playing"

These people WILL turn this thread into gamefaqs if allowed to.

I must have misplaced some of my irreplacable grey Judgement pieces because I can't find them in my bank anymore, but it never felt right to have them on my warrior anyway.

Once my paladin is sitting at the cap in Cataclysm, I'll run BWL over and over until I have that set.

webrunner

LaserBuddha said:
This isn't about who loves/hates Blizzard.

this about the difference between:
"I don't like this decision"
and
"I don't like this decision, therefore Blizzard is a spiteful, lazy, and incompetent company that makes shitty products that I can't stop playing"

CATACLYSM HURT OR HEAL

Sykotik

I should have an 8th level 80 by the time Cataclysm comes out. I'm leaning towards making my Mage my main. It's a nice change from the 4 melee I leveled and played 'til recently. I only have a Warlock, Shaman and Druid to finish, now. And I am dreading the druid. Nothing about that class is attractive to me.

I'm excited for cata!

Cyrillus

I am still curious as to why shoulder/helm are the only two pieces of gear with any variation. I'm not trying to flame here, I'm legitimately curious; is it a technical limitation akin to not wanting to have to load more textures than they already do?

Also, Paladin T2 was the best T2, but I loved my Nemesis set.

As for T11, I actually don't think the druid set looks bad, at least thematically. I agree with most here that DKs and Mages won this round, and rogue once again is laughably awful, but I think the warlock and even the warrior are terrible as well.

Sykotik

Cyrillus said:
I am still curious as to why shoulder/helm are the only two pieces of gear with any variation. I'm not trying to flame here, I'm legitimately curious; is it a technical limitation akin to not wanting to have to load more textures than they already do?

Also, Paladin T2 was the best T2, but I loved my Nemesis set.

As for T11, I actually don't think the druid set looks bad, at least thematically. I agree with most here that DKs and Mages won this round, and rogue once again is laughably awful, but I think the warlock and even the warrior are terrible as well.

Actually, in Wrath they added more models. Boots have more variations, as well as belts and gloves, now. If I were to guess, I'd say it just comes down to the work they'd have to put in to develop the different models for every piece of chest and leg armor and then having to tune the armor to the different proportions every race has, it would get pretty time consuming.

notworksafe

That is true. Don't forget that every piece of gear is actually 12 pieces of gear (or rather, will be in Cata...it's 10 now) because they have to make one for each race.

Aesthet1c

That's my point though. Creating lots of varied armor models would be very time consuming. However, we are talking about a company that pulls in 150+ million dollars a month. I'm pretty sure they have the money to increase their armor design team.

markot

Banned
I would say tuning it to the other races takes like half a day max >.< Whats hard about it? They probably already know what proportions to use, how much to resize it.

Given how poorly some races look with some gear, its not like they take a huge amount of time with that stuff.

Aesthet1c said:
That's my point though. Creating lots of varied armor models would be very time consuming. However, we are talking about a company that pulls in 150+ million dollars a month. I'm pretty sure they have the money to increase their armor design team.

(hopefully) all that profit is getting invested into the biggest and most epic mmorpg ever.

Sykotik

Well, that's the thing. The chest, leg and bracers have no models. When you introduce the models, the proportions and animations of all the different bodies are going to bend the models in ways that are no doubt going to look horrible. Having to tune multiples of multiple pieces of armor for multiples of races isn't going to be an easy task. Look at the way textures stretch on certain races, it's going to do the same thing to models.

lordmrw

Confused101 said:
outlandclownsuit.jpg

Good god I had almost forgotten how bad alot of the 1-70 leveling gear was. I remember getting pieces of gear in Outland and just shaking the shit out of my head. Who the hell did they have making the color choices for some of this stuff? NO joke, I honest to god stuck to wearing outdated pieces of gear because the upgrades were just too damn ugly. I coulnd't screw my dude over like that. I remember when I stopped playing my rogue around june last year or so, the gear I had was just........yikes. I wish there were a site where i could reassemble it, holy crap it was bad. I bought a half set of deadly gladiator gear and took the slight dps hit until I got upgrades from ToC when I picked him back up.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What the fuck? I don't think i've been hacked but i'm locked out of my account. I logged into battle.net to see if i had the cata icon and it claims i don't even own the game anymore. Tried to log into WoW and it gives me some error saying the system has detected a change etc.

o_O

I've gotten a few emails from "blizzard" but i'm sure they are all spam the past few days, they look it too. So i'm not too sure what's going on, awesome :lol

Even under account it says i'm cata enabled and updated, Game time ends in a few days. Of course i don't remember my secret question because no one fucking does!

Anyone have any ideas?

Seem to have an email from blizzard now. Changed my password and all seems to be working again. How odd.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
notworksafe said:
Call them up and ask what's going on! 1-800-592-5499 and I believe they are still open for 5 more hours.

All is well now. I did edit my post but it might be missed.

Received an email from blizzard giving me a ticket to change my password. I've done that and all my characters seem to be fine.

Guess this gives me a reason to get around to fixing the iphone and adding an authenticator to it this weekend.

Retro

Is that just for humans? It'd be kind of sad if every 10-20 zone gave the same-looking rewards across all races/factions.

KJTB

I'm kind of torn about what to do when Cataclysm hits...

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should;

A) level my 80 to 85 first to experience the 80-85 experience and also not be "behind" everyone else in terms of gear and stuff so I can be competitive in arena at the start and not worry about having to play the catch up game.

B) Reroll a Worgen and focus on getting him up to 85 and disregarding my current lvl 80. A good amount of my friends are coming back for Cataclysm (like I did) and some plan on starting fresh so it could be cool to level up with them.

C) Try to level both at the same time, switching off between the two when I feel like it.

Leaning towards C, though I'm worried that I'll get really bored after a while which is why I'm considering A or B.

What do you guys plan on doing?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I'm definitely be playing on my 80 at first, but as soon as I get bored with that I'll be rolling a Worgen arms warrior.

Alex

I like these a lot. I wish there was more earthy and subdued coloring/shading even on high end armor. I want armor to look more like armor. Their problem is they get carried away with their current brand of fantasy.

It was odd in WOTLK, because I liked a lot of the leveling gear and designs, and all of the environments, especially the Norse one were so rustic and awesome. Then you hit 80 and it was way too flashy and overdesigned in parts.

Now again, the leveling gear is cool, the new environments are amazing, and the raid tier we've seen so far, barring a few exceptions, just tries too hard. I like a couple like Death Knight, Mage, etc, but most have the same issue I've had with gear since T8.

Thank god for the new cloak designs though, finally.

Rokam

So I have a non related wow tech question and I'm not really sure where to ask so figured I'd try here first. I bought a new modem about a month or two ago and every 15-30 minutes the computer makes a noise like a cell phone is near. When it does this is causes me to lag on WoW and Vent for about 5 seconds. There's no cell phone around and it started as soon as I got this modem. Anyone have a problem like this? It's a Motorola SB6120.

notworksafe

Rokam said:
So I have a non related wow tech question and I'm not really sure where to ask so figured I'd try here first. I bought a new modem about a month or two ago and every 15-30 minutes the computer makes a noise like a cell phone is near. When it does this is causes me to lag on WoW and Vent for about 5 seconds. There's no cell phone around and it started as soon as I got this modem. Anyone have a problem like this? It's a Motorola SB6120.
Sounds like a problem with the electronic shielding on the modem. There's some sort of interference that is causing an issue with it. I'd replace it if you can.

Retro said:
Is that just for humans? It'd be kind of sad if every 10-20 zone gave the same-looking rewards across all races/factions.

from beta, I will say its very stigmatized. everyone looks the same in every zone, due the quest rewards > anything that drops. on my road to 60, nothing i got in dungeons, except for a few rare chances could replace the steamrolling quest reward gear. which is a shame. maybe it was just my experience though:D

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
evlcookie said:
Seem to have an email from blizzard now. Changed my password and all seems to be working again. How odd.

To be safe, still run a standard virus/spyware sweep, and for the love of god get an authenticator. Hell its free if you have an iOS device.

Antagon

Just decided to start playing again, found out that my account was hacked while it was disabled and my main is now a lvl 80 human priest on a french server instead of a lvl 74 undead priest on an english one. Gm told me that billing can put my character back on my old server, but I'm kinda annoyed that I've missed out of quite a bit of wrath content. Ah well, going to reroll again when cataclysm is out anyway.

notworksafe

SnakeswithLasers said:
Why is an authenticator so necessary? A strong password and responsible computing habits isn't enough?

Edit: Serious question, if that sounds condescending.
Not anymore. WoW related sites could be compromised and if you share login info...oops. Also a bad Flash ad or PDF file has caught people who aren't on top of updating Flash/Acrobat...and even those that are. It's too easy to slip up and WoW accounts are worth a lot of real world money now. I know my guild requires an Authenticator to have bank access because of this, and I bet many other guilds will too.

At the very least, the Dial-In Authenticator is a free, simple solution and would work for a lot of people. There's almost no excuse for NOT having one now.

J-Rzez

Confused101 said:
t5warlockcf7.jpg

Holy shit. See how good that is?

That is my favorite set of all time in the game. I still have it sitting in my lock's bank, and i'll never get rid of it.

The Rogue's Slayer set is all sorts of awesome as well.

LaserBuddha said:

Not those that can at least articulate why they do or don't like something. This is a discussion forum, not a gathering site for manchildren to express their unending, unswaying love, attack all those who have the nerve to question or be pissed at the almighty Blizzard. Sometimes we discuss that we like something a developer does, sometimes we express our disgust with them. Plain and simple, as long as it's well written out, and not a 2 word troll.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
SnakeswithLasers said:
Why is an authenticator so necessary? A strong password and responsible computing habits isn't enough?

Edit: Serious question, if that sounds condescending.

I'm not sure. I had one a year or so ago when it first came out for the iphone, it was cool and all but trying to log back in after a disconnect was annoying.

I've had WoW for 5 years on and off and never been hacked. Once i changed my password i was able to login and nothing was missing at all, everything seemed fine. So it still looks like i haven't been hacked (yay) but i have no idea what caused blizzard to disable my account. By the sounds of it, someone might have been trying to guess my password or something?

I've wanted to change my login email for ages but i can't remember the damn secret word :lol .

markot

Banned
I got hacked once >.<

During a flash vulnerability, and I think they went through my gmail account but im not sure,but they had the same password >.>!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom