• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Having seen videos of Al'Akir, it seems pretty implausible that you could kill something that large. He doesn't even fit on screen.
that tornado things seem dumb. oh, he just happens to leave one nado out in the series.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
Having seen videos of Al'Akir, it seems pretty implausible that you could kill something that large. He doesn't even fit on screen.
Hey I kicked Kil'jaeden's ass and only his arm and face were on the screen!

Also switched my Druid to double feral specs for leveling. I like Moonkin a lot, but Cat is just so much faster. I'll probably switch back when I get some new spells though.

Entropia

No One Remembers
epik said:
Ok so I followed some of the advice given to me..

What do you think now?

Dranei Shaman

reforge everything to mastery. do not reforge to haste or crit.

Then fix the gems.

Fix your spec. You have 1/2 Elemental Reach, fix that to 2/2. The 1 talent point can stay in Convection.

Get glyph of lightning shield in place of glyph of shamanistic rage

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Entropia said:

Then fix the gems.

Fix your spec. You have 1/2 Elemental Reach, fix that to 2/2. The 1 talent point can stay in Convection.

I'm surprised Elemental Reach is even in the game. They removed every other range talent in the entire game AFAIK.

Edit: Apparently it's because they don't want the long range to be baseline for Enhance.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
btw, if you're trying to hold onto Razzashi Hatchilings for profit; they are already being put back in the game.

If you currently have the Razzashi Hatchling item in your inventory, you'll still be able to learn the pet spell at a later point in time. It's not like the pet is disappearing completely; it's just no longer dropping from its usual home in Zul'Gurub.

In fact, I can confirm that the Razzashi Hatchling, being a clever and resilient little reptile, has already found a new home, and will be migrating there shortly after the shattering. ;)

Flib

Love the fact that the new beta build has made the interface unbelievably tiny. Can't see a damn thing.

They finally put some actual cataclysm armor in...well, t11 at least. I have to say, some of the sets I hated in pictures actually look kind of cool. Paladin has nice animation, DK is really cool, mage is nice but kind of static, druid I still am not a big fan of (mainly because it looks ridiculous on taurens).

Entropia

No One Remembers
Angry Grimace said:
I'm surprised Elemental Reach is even in the game. They removed every other range talent in the entire game AFAIK.

Edit: Apparently it's because they don't want the long range to be baseline for Enhance.

Plus they're FINALLY adding Searing Totem into it so that we do not have to position ourselves every minute to lay it. :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speaking of Cataclysm armor... do we have any idea how the questing/dungeon gear will look like? In all the videos i've seen, they're still using the Northrend ones.

Flib

Bisnic said:
Speaking of Cataclysm armor... do we have any idea how the questing/dungeon gear will look like? In all the videos i've seen, they're still using the Northrend ones.

No, that's what it's been like, though I don't have any mid range randomly geared dudes right now, so they may have finally implemented them. We've had all sorts of awesome weapons, but even raid geared premades were wearing those dumb northrend mail shoulders.

Angry Grimace

It's going to be like Cataclysm and there will be a single set of non-set gear, which will be recolored. A lot. :lol

Bisnic said:

If you quest on the beta you'll go through three tiers of looks for a type of armor, getting fancier like the WotLK PvP sets did, all that has been in there for a few builds now, but I don't know if any site has done a compilation. Likewise there's a set for each blue quality type of armor out of 5-mans, annnnd the epic premades with their T11 finally got appropriate graphics on them with the patch today. Hate my lock's helm even more now ;P

Alex

I hope they don't change the Moonkin model. Tree of Life one was good as well and didn't need a change in the first place.

It doesn't need a dramatic overhaul, but to be updated with modern day textures/geometry like bear/cat, IMO.

Alex said:
It doesn't need a dramatic overhaul, but to be updated with modern day textures/geometry like bear/cat, IMO.

Yeah, just an up-rez and a few minor changes would suffice.

Maybe I'll get around to my druid at some point after Cata drops and leveling is better - I have a 30-some druid with a few feats that I'd like to keep rather than reroll (4th aniversary, Crashin' Thrashin' Racer being the main ones). Though it was never worth it to me to transfer him off the dead server I never play on at that level.

Still, I'll have to transfer my 80 shaman now soon to the server where my main resides before Cata. Gonna need his herbalism/inscription to support my main's alchemy/enchanting. My warrior who is JC/Mining will also be maxed out before Cata drops (just been building rest on him now since Northrend leveling is slow). With those 6 professions I'll be pretty solid for money-making potential and convenience.

Beyond that, I'm casually working on a mage who'll be tailoring/transmute slave I guess?

epik

Entropia said:

Then fix the gems.

Are you saying I shouldn't have any Haste Gems at all?

Hm, I need some feedback from the Affliction warlocks. So I dumped Demo (so long for now Shaathun) and picked up Affliction. While I was able to finally get above 6k dps on the raid boss dummy, my Destro still beats it out. I can easily break 7.5k dps in my initial burst and then hang out at around 7.3k for the next 3 minutes or so until I run out of mana and have to tap.

So do raid buffs really send the damage through the roof or something? I'm not sure what I'm missing. I realized there really isn't a rotation but more of a priority system. Pretty much refreshing dots when they drop and SB'ing in between. I realize haunt boosts damage as well as refreshes my corruption so I keep that up as soon as it goes down. I figured Affliction would be like Destro for me where something just clicks and I get the flow of it. Not the case though. It was still more than 1k less dps than I can do with Destro.

And just to add more to the discussion, I pulled a bit over 11k dps on Saurfang Tuesday night using Destro.

I guess I'll just stick with what's working for me.

Flib

Sax Russel said:
If you quest on the beta you'll go through three tiers of looks for a type of armor, getting fancier like the WotLK PvP sets did, all that has been in there for a few builds now, but I don't know if any site has done a compilation. Likewise there's a set for each blue quality type of armor out of 5-mans, annnnd the epic premades with their T11 finally got appropriate graphics on them with the patch today. Hate my lock's helm even more now ;P

A lot of this armor is still old WotLK armor models.

TimeKillr

I just got an email from Blizzard (but these days I don't know who the hell to trust!)

Apparently they're giving away 7 days of play time to people? Has anybody else got the email?

Rapstah

TimeKillr said:
I just got an email from Blizzard (but these days I don't know who the hell to trust!)

Apparently they're giving away 7 days of play time to people? Has anybody else got the email?
That is a genuine offer, but I wouldn't click anything in the mail anyway. Log onto battle.net and check if the offer is there too.

EDIT: And DEAR GOD is Elemental shaman PVP fun at 10-19. I'm 10 in one heirloom and I'm completely mindfucking people by using Thunderstorm. :lol

Garryk

Alex said:
I wish they'd redo the Moonkin model. I'm boggled as to why they did it with Tree of Life first.

What?! Go /dance as a moonkin and then tell me they need to be changed!

EDIT: Speaking of druids, does the new tree of life model get a new dance? And speaking of dances, how come druids get like 5 dances? My undead rogue is jealous as all he can do is headbang and jump.

Flib said:
A lot of this armor is still old WotLK armor models.

When was the last time you leveled? I can assure you it is not WotLK models. Heck, go to the wowhead Cata site, pick an armor type, filter Uncommon and sort by ilvl, with a bit of clicking you can find/match the different sets per armor type, and they're all in-game in the beta right now.

Flib

Sax Russel said:
When was the last time you leveled? I can assure you it is not WotLK models. Heck, go to the wowhead Cata site, pick an armor type, filter Uncommon and sort by ilvl, with a bit of clicking you can find/match the different sets per armor type, and they're all in-game in the beta right now.

I'm leveling my hunter through right now. I just received shoulders and a helm that I distinctily remember having in lich king.

edit: could be a bug, however, as the models for the gear I have seem to be different on the wowhead site. I checked this last night.

edit 2: either way, most of the leveling armor is heinous looking imo. But I guess that's the only way they could make t11 look impressive!

Was cleaning out my inventory late last night and threw up a whole bunch of random shit for sale. I had a stack of 19 silver ore and meant to list it for 50g since there wasn't any silver for sale. Guess I accidentally type 699g somehow...because that's how much it sold for. That's just nuts.

they could multiple their loot by the hundreds if they just reskinned them smart in different colors...

a low quality of tier gear could be destroyed grey mesh, but a much rare version of the same set could be in shiny gold/silver or some nice even color..

and they wouldnt have to do it with just sets. take many of the cool weapons and give easier drop rates...

broken ashkandi for example. half the blade is missing, with duct tape around the hilt... PURPLE duct tape. shit would be bananas. much more loot!

people are to strict about uniqe models. if they took a lot of the models from lvl 40 - to BC - to Wrath, and just reskinned it in smart ways, it could look very high end. more loot, is better for everyone. symbols and emblems can go along way to make something look good.

and its also for the sake of having choice. many of the highest tier gear looks like ronald mcdonald superhero outfits, that is fused with radio active polution.

would be good to have some more simple robes/armors at high end as well.

Evlar

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Was cleaning out my inventory late last night and threw up a whole bunch of random shit for sale. I had a stack of 19 silver ore and meant to list it for 50g since there wasn't any silver for sale. Guess I accidentally type 699g somehow...because that's how much it sold for. That's just nuts.
If I remember correctly, Silver is absolutely necessary for grinding up Jewelcrafting. Still pretty rich.

Evlar said:
If I remember correctly, Silver is absolutely necessary for grinding up Jewelcrafting. Still pretty rich.

Jewelcrafting it's not super necessary - you don't need much. Mining is where there's 10-15 levels that can really only be easily gained by smelting silver though.

Argh, ever since the battlegroup merging I've been in groups where tanks and healers are rolling on my dps gear. Anyone else hate seeing this happen? They don't even bother asking if its okay.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
HarryDemeanor said:
Argh, ever since the battlegroup merging I've been in groups where tanks and healers are rolling on my dps gear. Anyone else hate seeing this happen? They don't even bother asking if its okay.

The only time i see people asking "can i roll need on that?" is DPS for tanking gear. And that's maybe half the time. The other 50% of DPS roll without asking(fuck them if the tank also needs the gear). I never see people asking when its for DPS gear. :lol

TomServo

HarryDemeanor said:

Paladins are the new hunters. I won't be surprised when I have one roll on healing, tanking, and dps plate all in the same instance.

Soroc

HarryDemeanor said:

In my experience recently, you have a microsecond to decide what to roll on as everyone is constantly pushing forward speeding through dungeons :lol

Angry Grimace

HarryDemeanor said:
I'm rolling a hunter around level 37 and just playing the class makes me want to roll on everything.

Angry Grimace

Alex

I think they should do something with AV and Isle if they can't become typical maps for Rated BGs.

I mean they're fine for standard ones for now, but maybe in a patch or next expansion it'd be better just to turn them into outdoor zones and have them be WG/Tol Barad alternatives and keep them all updated, cycle them through a playlist or whatever. It wouldn't hurt for that type of affair to have variety as well.

I had a PUG where some a-hole (he was an a-hole for reasons other than what I'm describing now) was rolling Need on the blues and greens. When I questioned it, he said "Ever hear of Need for disenchanting?".

Is it just me or does that make no f-ing sense? Especially since I couldn't roll for disenchant, indicating no one in the group was an enchanter. Even if they were, wouldn't their enchanting skill need to be high enough to disenchant an item of that level that they wouldn't get a skillup for it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom