• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cetra

It's all lore at this point. From what I can gather the really gamey bits are in phase 4 of the Elemental Invasion.

why bother sending me then? there was about 10 other people sitting around thrall looking for the follow up quest. I already know hes there, Thrall told me he was going there 2 weeks ago.

Edit: At least apparently phase 4 should be here soon. A blue said the time between 3 and 4 would be even shorter then 2-3 , which was only what like 4 days?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i thought you titty moles said the dial in authenticator could be used with a mobile or authenticator keychain authenticator and that it only prompted when someone tried to log in from a different computer.

"you will be asked to make a toll-free phone call from a specific phone of your choosing to authorize login attempts with the associated Battle.net account. "

"Can I have multiple Authenticators (keychain, mobile app, or Dial-in) active at the same time?
Each Battle.net account can only have one security method active at any given time, including our Authenticator products. You can change your active security method at any time through Battle.net Account Management."

you use it every time and can only choose between keychain, mobile app, or Dial-in

edit: also, it seems like it's way more secure than mobile or keychain"

Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator is not susceptible to several common methods of account theft (such as keylogging) because the authentication process is handled over the phone rather than on your computer. An account hacker would need to have access to your phone and know your PIN.

Dipindots said:
I'm kind of torn about what to do when Cataclysm hits...

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should;

A) level my 80 to 85 first to experience the 80-85 experience and also not be "behind" everyone else in terms of gear and stuff so I can be competitive in arena at the start and not worry about having to play the catch up game.

B) Reroll a Worgen and focus on getting him up to 85 and disregarding my current lvl 80. A good amount of my friends are coming back for Cataclysm (like I did) and some plan on starting fresh so it could be cool to level up with them.

C) Try to level both at the same time, switching off between the two when I feel like it.

Leaning towards C, though I'm worried that I'll get really bored after a while which is why I'm considering A or B.

What do you guys plan on doing?

Level a new guy first. Took me only 25 hours to get my warrior to 40. Then you have all of Outlands and Northrend to switch out with your original 80.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
funkmastergeneral said:
why bother sending me then? there was about 10 other people sitting around thrall looking for the follow up quest. I already know hes there, Thrall told me he was going there 2 weeks ago.

Edit: At least apparently phase 4 should be here soon. A blue said the time between 3 and 4 would be even shorter then 2-3 , which was only what like 4 days?

Well, there is an interesting conversation between Thrall and the 2 npcs if you go there. But if you don't give a damn about Warcraft lore, i guess it would be a waste of time.

Alex

it'd be so rad if Shattering hit on the 23rd, but it seems obvious that it'd be on the 30th at this point, I suppose.

Bisnic said:
Well, there is an interesting conversation between Thrall and the 2 npcs if you go there. But if you don't give a damn about Warcraft lore, i guess it would be a waste of time.

I like lore and wouldn't call that interesting. Thrall's mate, who we had never been introduced to in game, tells him he can't dress for battle this time.

I just think it's silly to send us out there when there's nothing to dooooo

Trasher

Dipindots said:

A) level my 80 to 85 first to experience the 80-85 experience and also not be "behind" everyone else in terms of gear and stuff so I can be competitive in arena at the start and not worry about having to play the catch up game.

B) Reroll a Worgen and focus on getting him up to 85 and disregarding my current lvl 80. A good amount of my friends are coming back for Cataclysm (like I did) and some plan on starting fresh so it could be cool to level up with them.

C) Try to level both at the same time, switching off between the two when I feel like it.

Leaning towards C, though I'm worried that I'll get really bored after a while which is why I'm considering A or B.

If you get bored with option C then that means you will get bored with both options A and B. Therefore that leaves you with not playing at all? :lol

I'm going to have my two characters at 80 on different servers that I will level at the same time most likely. Any rumors on how much playtime it will take to get to 85?

DeathNote said:
i thought you titty moles said the dial in authenticator could be used with a mobile or authenticator keychain authenticator and that it only prompted when someone tried to log in from a different computer.

you use it every time and can only choose between keychain, mobile app, or Dial-in

Aaaaaah, fuck that. I was just going to set up for the phone authenticator, but I'm sure as hell not going to call each time I need to log in.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dipindots said:

depends on how many friends are at option A and how many are at B.

markot

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Aaaaaah, fuck that. I was just going to set up for the phone authenticator, but I'm sure as hell not going to call each time I need to log in.
only for unusual logins, ie from an IP thats in CHINA!@

I just realized what's going to be amazing. Hopping on my flying mount and catching up with a boat that's just leaving the docks :lol

Fuck you boats!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
FieryBalrog said:
I just realized what's going to be amazing. Hopping on my flying mount and catching up with a boat that's just leaving the docks :lol

Fuck you boats!
is it bad i'm going to dive bomb gank?

Trasher said:
I'm going to have my two characters at 80 on different servers that I will level at the same time most likely. Any rumors on how much playtime it will take to get to 85?

Unless they change it, currently 80-85 takes as long as 70-80 did.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
FieryBalrog said:

Fuck you boats!
Yeah, that's the best thing about Northrend as a Druid if I'm in Borean/Hjowling and doing herbs and I want a quick method of getting to one of the capitals without using a hearth.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:

Nope. You have to pick one of the three auths. You don't call in everytime, just when an "unusual" login is detected. Not sure if that is determined by IP or MAC address, probably IP.

I also wouldn't say that it is more secure in the slightest. For example, someone that came over to your house could still login if they knew your password if you had the Dial-In Auth. With a keychain/mobile auth, you need the auth to login no matter where you are or when you log in. It's more secure as far as keylogging goes, but doesn't protect your account from casual logins or some such thing while your computer is at home.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
Nope. You have to pick one of the three auths. You don't call in everytime, just when an "unusual" login is detected. Not sure if that is determined by IP or MAC address, probably IP.

I also wouldn't say that it is more secure in the slightest. For example, someone that came over to your house could still login if they knew your password if you had the Dial-In Auth. With a keychain/mobile auth, you need the auth to login no matter where you are or when you log in. It's more secure as far as keylogging goes, but doesn't protect your account from casual logins or some such thing while your computer is at home.
I read the faq further down and see that.

No one would use my PC and I only play at home.

Ashodin

funkmastergeneral said:

2 - 3 was four days, if it goes live on monday that's three days (which is technically shorter).

Then I assume the week after next is 4.0.3 on tuesday, then the shattering on friday that week.

notworksafe said:

I also wouldn't say that it is more secure in the slightest. For example, someone that came over to your house could still login if they knew your password if you had the Dial-In Auth.

If goldsellers are coming to your house to crack your computer I think you have other problems :lol

And if they're just friends or whatnot why are they cracking your computer in the first place

Just mapping out the changes to the zone progress as mention on wowpedia. If people in the beta know that some of these are wrong, then let me know and I'll update the list.

1-10
Elwynn Forest (Human)
Dun Morogh (Dwarf/Gnome)
Teldrassil (Night Elf)
Durotar (Orc/Troll)
Tirisfal Glades (Undead)
Mulgore (Tauren)
Azuremyst Isle (Draenei)
Eversong Woods (Blood Elf)
Gilneas (Worgen)
Kezan/Lost Isles (Goblin)

10-20
Westfall (Human)
Loch Modan (Dwarf)
Darkshore (Night Elf)
Redridge Mountains (Human)
Upper Barrens (Orc)
Silverpine Forest (Undead)
Azshara (Goblin)
Bloodmyst Isle (Draenei)
Ghostlands (Blood Elf)

20-30
Duskwood (Human)
Hillsbrad/Alterac (Undead)
Wetlands (Alliance)
Ashenvale
Stonetalon Mountains
Upper Stranglethorn Vale
Arathi Highlands

30-40
Lower Stranglethorn Vale
Lower Barrens
Desolace
Hinterlands
Dustwallow Marsh
Feralas

40-50
Eastern Plaguelands
Western Plaguelands
Thousand Needles (Horde)
Tanaris
Badlands
Searing Gorge
Felwood

50-60
Un’Goro Crater
Swamp of Sorrows
Burning Steppes
Winterspring
Blasted Lands
Silithus

Then those for 80+

80-82 Mount Hyjal
80-82 Vashj’ir
82-83 Deepholm
83-84 Uldum
84-85 Twilight Highlands
85 Tol Barad

notworksafe

FieryBalrog said:
If goldsellers are coming to your house to crack your computer I think you have other problems :lol

And if they're just friends or whatnot why are they cracking your computer in the first place
I never said it was a common scenario, just saying it is technically less secure. Heck let's not forget the thousands of people who keep every password on a paper next to the computer. There are plenty of scenarios that could involve someone getting on your account that isn't you.

falastini

Dr. Pangloss said:
Just mapping out the changes to the zone progress as mention on wowpedia. If people in the beta know that some of these are wrong, then let me know and I'll update the list.

According to Wowhead, a lot of the zones are 5 level chunks now instead of 10.

I heard that 1-60 is a lot more linear now, can anyone in beta comment on that? What are the different leveling paths? If I start as one race, and a friend another, can we still join up at some point?

You can still run over to the start of whatever zone and work from there. I'm not sure if all zones are as heavily phased as Westfall (which is pretty much up there with Icecrown).

So no, questing in Darkshore doesn't require a chain from the beginner area in Teldrassil.

Dunlop said:
I would love gear that actually distinguishes, cloth wearers from plate

Everyone looks like a fucking linebacker with various special effects eminating from them.
I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but every time I look at T11, I wonder who is in charge of Blizzard's art team. Your post is so true, I had to quote it :lol If blizz can only get one thing right, get the helmet right. It defines the rest of the set. If you can come up with a good looking helm, then you have the blueprints/theme for the rest of the set. But apparently that's too hard. Rogue helms... It's like blizzard just gave up midway through working on it.

This topic has been beaten into the ground but omg wtf nerdrage, T11 has got to be an all-time low in creativity. I'm gonna have to side with the people who think that a brand new expansion deserves a good looking first set of tier. I mean, an expasion in WoW should be thought of as a completely new game, and you wouldn't half-ass your armor sets in a new game.

Why are there worms coming out of the priest's shoulders? Warriors are a re-imagined T2, as if bringing back the T2 helms in Ony wasn't lazy enough. And it seems that blizzard's art team is in love with the mostely-hated T9 over-sized diaper belts. If it weren't for hunters ridiculously designed T10 helm (which has been re-incarnated for priest T11), I'm sure hunters would be a little more disgruntled. They also decided that combining the Death Kinght T8 helm with the Mage T10 helm, was the easier route to go for warlocks instead of coming up with something new. Ugh.. anyway, i'll stop there. I just see so many bad, horribly bad decisions with T11.

And I don't buy into the "well it's really hard to come up with new designs" argument. It's a new expansion that we have to pay more money for. Blizzard needs to put some effort into the new gear, or get some new artists.

falastini said:

I heard that 1-60 is a lot more linear now, can anyone in beta comment on that? What are the different leveling paths?

It is more linear but you are free to go to each continent if you want to quest that way. There is a board of quests in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar that can give you a quest to go to a zone in your level range if you wish. Each zone covers 5 levels and has its own story to follow.

falastini said:
If I start as one race, and a friend another, can we still join up at some point?
Yes, you can still join up with each other. Say if your friend just got off the Lost Isles as a Goblin and you just finished Durotar as a Troll both of you can head to Northern Barrens or Azshara. Eventually both zones will lead into Ashenvale and head to Stonetalon Mountains.

Retro

Rapstah said:
I just bought a Haunted Memento for 2000 gold, holy shit. Debating whether to AH it for 20 000 or keep it.

I was doing quests to get my rep up in Swamp of Sorrows and a lowbie needed some help. After questing with him for a bit, he finally noticed the ghost and tried to attack it. After I explained what it was, he was completely blown away.

I gave it to him, since I was tired of carrying it around, didn't really like the effect... in hindsight I probably could have just stashed it in my bank and taken it out once in a while, but I'm sure it made him happier. Besides, I got what I wanted out of that event anyways (the blue/grey Judgment set). That's funny that people are willing to pay that much for it, but... whatever :lol .

Milpool

The fuck... I just used call pet on Nuramoc which I haven't used in a while and noticed it already had mend pet cast on it which I thought was a little strange. I hover over it and it says "24 days remaining". It also has Greatness and Owl's focus, both with 24 days remaining.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
falastini said:

I heard that 1-60 is a lot more linear now, can anyone in beta comment on that? What are the different leveling paths? If I start as one race, and a friend another, can we still join up at some point?
Most quests aren't restricted by race (AFAIK), you usually can just find your way to the same place. When I was a Nelf, I just teleported over to Elwynn to play with a friend playing a human.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rapstah said:
I just bought a Haunted Memento for 2000 gold, holy shit. Debating whether to AH it for 20 000 or keep it.
I don't get what those are. I threw those to people a lot back in the day, they don't seem to do anything but have a ghost follow you.

oooooooohh wow I had no idea that's what those were. I didn't play in BC and was a couple months late to WotLK, and would see them around occasionally and was clueless as to what they were. Assumed it had something to do with a quest.

Narag

I hated that part of the event on my huntard. For whatever reason I'd turn it to Track Undead when in cities and Shattrath's minimap lit up like christmas lights when it did. I never remembered to stop doing that too.

Angry Grimace

I mean it was fun to throw them around to people. Obviously, I'd have kept the 10 or so I got in my bags (at the time, I considered them a waste of space) if I knew they would auction for 8000 gold.

notworksafe

Can't do Cataclysm content til 80. You can probably go to the zones, but I believe all the quests are set to minimum level 80.

Angry Grimace said:
I mean it was fun to throw them around to people. Obviously, I'd have kept the 10 or so I got in my bags (at the time, I considered them a waste of space) if I knew they would auction for 8000 gold.
Fuck is that how much they go for on our server? Should have saved some...

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
im sure people just deleted it.

if i knew that that was the item that made a ghost follow you i would have kept them way back in the day too and made hundreds of thousands of gold!

:(

sestrugen

welp, just pulled the trigger on my new pc so I will be ready for cataclysm and a return to wow, how much has changed since vanilla? :lol

whats the cheapest I can get wow + expansions? $120 seems a little too high

sestrugen

I dont remember my info, so I will have to get it again, is there a guild from the forum or is everyone playing on different servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom