• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

If you at least remember your email that you used to make the account, you can call Blizzard to recover it.

There isn't an "official" GAF guild, but mine has gotten a big GAF influx over the past few weeks. :D We're <In Defense of the Genre> on Area 52 Horde. Just toss me a PM and I'll give you more info if you want.

If you're starting totally fresh, I'd just recommend getting the trial or buying the Battle Chest. That's 70 levels of content and gives you Blood Elves and Draenei as well. That way you don't have to spend $80-110 up front.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Weenerz said:
Can't do Cataclysm zones till you are 80.
I thought they had said 78? You usually can obtain quests like 2 levels prior to being the level that the quest is marked for.

It wouldn't surprise me if you had to actually be 80 to get them though. I haven't paid very much attention to what's actually in the new high-level content stuff vs. what's changing with each class/old zone revisions, etc.

notworksafe said:
If you at least remember your email that you used to make the account, you can call Blizzard to recover it.

There isn't an "official" GAF guild, but mine has gotten a big GAF influx over the past few weeks. :D We're <In Defense of the Genre> on Area 52 Horde. Just toss me a PM and I'll give you more info if you want.

If you're starting totally fresh, I'd just recommend getting the trial or buying the Battle Chest. That's 70 levels of content and gives you Blood Elves and Draenei as well. That way you don't have to spend $80-110 up front.
Plus that way you can make sexy elves and listen to their catty emotes :lol

sestrugen said:
welp, just pulled the trigger on my new pc so I will be ready for cataclysm and a return to wow, how much has changed since vanilla? :lol

whats the cheapest I can get wow + expansions? $120 seems a little too high

You can actually buy everything for $99.

Go to your Battlenet account, select upgrade your WoW trial and on the right choose digital purchase. You will be given the option to buy everything for 24%.

Weenerz

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I thought they had said 78? You usually can obtain quests like 2 levels prior to being the level that the quest is marked for.

It wouldn't surprise me if you had to actually be 80 to get them though. I haven't paid very much attention to what's actually in the new high-level content stuff vs. what's changing with each class/old zone revisions, etc.

Plus that way you can make sexy elves and listen to their catty emotes :lol

No, they changed that early beta.

Well this is odd. I just upgraded to Cata and on the My Games section, what was Lich King box art is now vanilla WoW. I thought it was suppose to change to Cata?

notworksafe said:

I'll keep this in mind as an option in case the current guild (or any other on my server) doesn't work out. My only problem now is that I'll have 3-4 high level characters that I'd actually want to play, so transfer costs might get ridiculous.

Sai-kun

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Well this is odd. I just upgraded to Cata and on the My Games section, what was Lich King box art is now vanilla WoW. I thought it was suppose to change to Cata?

Activision.

No clue what's up with that. Mine's the Cata box.

notworksafe

CarbonatedFalcon said:
I'll keep this in mind as an option in case the current guild (or any other on my server) doesn't work out. My only problem now is that I'll have 3-4 high level characters that I'd actually want to play, so transfer costs might get ridiculous.
Yeah $25 per toon is a bunch. I might recommend making a new character or DK first to get to know us before you drop all that cash. :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LovingSteam said:
It's broken and deletes your account like 1/4 of the time.

Firebrand

Rapstah said:
I just bought a Haunted Memento for 2000 gold, holy shit. Debating whether to AH it for 20 000 or keep it.

People pay 2000g for those? I have one lying around in my bank, I almost destroyed it to make room.

Angry Grimace

LovingSteam said:
Is it working for you?
I didn't do it yet, but it's a common complaint that upgrading to Cataclsym by preorder messes up account statuses; I presume it can be fixed by Blizzard.

Angry Grimace said:
I didn't do it yet, but it's a common complaint that upgrading to Cataclsym by preorder messes up account statuses; I presume it can be fixed by Blizzard.

I just spoke to someone and she said that my account is fine, it shows I have upgraded, its the box art that is the issue. I just am curious because others here have said its fine for them. Its weird.

Angry Grimace

LovingSteam said:
I just spoke to someone and she said that my account is fine, it shows I have upgraded, its the box art that is the issue. I just am curious because others here have said its fine for them. Its weird.
I've heard complaints of some people actually being locked out of their accounts or the accounts themselves just getting deleted. Seems like a high probability of a glitch though.

Angry Grimace

Am I the only one that thinks Al'Akir's model is pretty terrible compared to the other Elemental Lords? Especially the graphical effect for his tornado legs.

The old Ragnaros swirling cloud was awesome in 2005, not so much now, especially compared to everything else.

They really ought to update it, seeing as all the elemental lords use a variation on it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I don't actually have a boxart for WoW on my battle.net account, even though i do have a WoW account. It seems to think i don't own it when it comes to the boxart main menu but when you click on account it lists my WoW account as active.

Hopefully they fix it :lol

Angry Grimace

The value of it is entirely tied up in its rarity in that you can't get it anymore.

I wonder what Ashes of Al'ar would be worth if you could sell it? Probably gold cap. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
The value of it is entirely tied up in its rarity in that you can't get it anymore.

I wonder what Ashes of Al'ar would be worth if you could sell it? Probably gold cap. :lol
you can't get that anymore?

sestrugen said:
I dont remember my info, so I will have to get it again, is there a guild from the forum or is everyone playing on different servers?
You should be able to just log in to you battle.net account... Or did you forget your email address you used?

JesseZao

Angry Grimace said:

Had there been a confirmation of this by blizzard? I suppose I could understand since quest zone mobs are supposed to hit harder relative to wrath starting zones. Hoping it's not true though.

Man. Hit 58 this morning with my pally and went to outland. Started tanking more instances. Protection, as a paladin, is fucking uber.

Now that I'm 61 (almost 62), I don't bother respeccing to ret outside of dungeons. Just run around, gather up as many mobs as I can, then burn them down. In dungeons I'm chain pulling and full healing myself with Word of Glory. The levels are just overflowing.

Christ. This spec is insane. My only regret is that my Arcanite Reaper is getting dull and rusty just sitting in my backpack.

Angry Grimace

JesseZao said:
Had there been a confirmation of this by blizzard? I suppose I could understand since quest zone mobs are supposed to hit harder relative to wrath starting zones. Hoping it's not true though.
I suppose virtually anyone in beta could confirm it.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
you can't get that anymore?
It's not that you can't get it, it's that it's insanely rare and also completely. fucking. awesome.

It's drop rate is the same as any rare mount, but you can't possibly do Kael with less than around 8. Your chance of winning it is really low and only once a week. You probably have a better chance to get a Hyacinth Macaw drop.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Speaking of the Hyacinth Macaw, there was one guy on my server who was trying to sell that for 2 weeks solid. Probably spent as much time trying to sell compared to trying to get the drop :lol

Angry Grimace

speedpop said:
Speaking of the Hyacinth Macaw, there was one guy on my server who was trying to sell that for 2 weeks solid. Probably spent as much time trying to sell compared to trying to get the drop :lol
It's a .01% drop still. I think it still sells for like 8000 gold.

notworksafe said:
That explains your Belf Hunter! I was wondering why you'd do that to yourself. :lol :lol
So you wouldn't? I would. =O

JesseZao said:

I'm in the beta and you do have to be level 80 to start doing quests in Hyjal and Vashj'ir. It was 78 at the beginning of beta but then changed it to 80 after they increased the damage of enemies in Cataclysm zones.

Aesthet1c

This may be a dumb question but does the guild message of the day hide for everyone else? It seems like with the new patch the motd doesn't display when you first login. And it's buries on the guild info tab, where nobody ever looks. I feel like I have no way to broadcast messages to my guildies now.

Chemo

Any GAF members play on Skullcrusher? It's my old server, and I recently started anew on it (level 31), but no one I used to run around with a few years back is still there, so I'm looking for some people with a guild to at least chat with while I level up, and maybe ultimately run instances/raids with.

If anyone can help, I'm Horde. Thanks in advance-

Chris R

Whelp, just added 7 days of free game time. :lol

Time to see what shit has changed (still fucking angry that I spent so much shit on gear right before I quit because it will be total dog shit by now, even though it hasn't really been that long )

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
It's not that you can't get it, it's that it's insanely rare and also completely. fucking. awesome.

It's drop rate is the same as any rare mount, but you can't possibly do Kael with less than around 8. Your chance of winning it is really low and only once a week. You probably have a better chance to get a Hyacinth Macaw drop.
what about at 85?

SnakeswithLasers said:
Man. Hit 58 this morning with my pally and went to outland. Started tanking more instances. Protection, as a paladin, is fucking uber.

Now that I'm 61 (almost 62), I don't bother respeccing to ret outside of dungeons. Just run around, gather up as many mobs as I can, then burn them down. In dungeons I'm chain pulling and full healing myself with Word of Glory. The levels are just overflowing.

Christ. This spec is insane. My only regret is that my Arcanite Reaper is getting dull and rusty just sitting in my backpack.

Yeah, the Bloodied Arcanite Reaper has been gathering dust on my warrior since I got him to 10 and specced prot. There's no real downside to leveling fully as a prot paladin or warrior, especially with heirlooms.

sestrugen

SnakeswithLasers said:
You should be able to just log in to you battle.net account... Or did you forget your email address you used?

I used a hotmail account, I am trying to remember any info on it to see if microsoft can help me retrieve it, I will give it one last try

Chris R

Not in as bad of shape as I remembered. I thought I was under like 1k gold total on my account after a massive bender but find I should be quite comfortable (well, IDK, 15k used to be a decent chunk of gold).

BG queues are way too long though. I thought Blizzard added something that was supposed to make them near instant (or was that dungeons???)

Now to get my video options back up running near max, find out which alts have what stuff, reset my action bars, redo talents, ect :lol

My mage and shaman are the best geared 80s I have so I'll try the new dungeon with one of those and see just how under geared I am now :(

Alex

BG queues are way too long though. I thought Blizzard added something that was supposed to make them near instant (or was that dungeons???)

They're in process of combining battlegrounds for BGs and dungeon finder right now.

Chris R

Alex said:
They're in process of combining battlegrounds for BGs and dungeon finder right now.
So that is something coming in Cata. Shame because I wanted to try out some PVP, see if they made it any better, but half hour queues are insane!

notworksafe said:

Oh hey I just faction transferred my hunter from alliance to horde on Area 52, whats your ingame name for an invite?

Angry Grimace

JoeMartin said:
I assume Frostbrood Vanquishers won't be available from the Lich King achievements in Cata?
It's possible they still will. There's nothing to lead us to believe that so far.

Angry Grimace

CarbonatedFalcon said:
You'll probably be able to get away with less than at 80, but the fight mechanics still require at least a few people - it won't ever be soloable.
I'm not sure I remember why that is true. Is it the Mind Control? Because no mob can MC you while you are the only target.

mileS

Angry Grimace said:
It's possible they still will. There's nothing to lead us to believe that so far.

You're right but going off what they have done in the past is enough to question it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
Half hour? I have instant queues now on both servers I play on, and I've not seen a longer queue than a few minutes ever since the concept of inter-server BGs even came in. :lol That's odd. Maybe something is down on your pack.

Anyhow, they're in the last stage of doing so, it'll be pre-Cata when it's done I assume.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27497535489&sid=1&pageNo=1

Edit: Nm, it's apparently done, finished on 11/9
they are done already?

my dps queues aren't better at all

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Yeah, the Bloodied Arcanite Reaper has been gathering dust on my warrior since I got him to 10 and specced prot. There's no real downside to leveling fully as a prot paladin or warrior, especially with heirlooms.
Ya, I have the shoulders and chest, so I get the xp bonus. I just feel a little guilty letting it rot. I almost want to grind justice points on my warrior to get the 1h hammer, but seeing how easy it is right now, I don't think it's necessary. Be faster to just spend the time on the pally. But man, prot is really fun. Pally may be a faceroll class, but I'm really enjoying the tank mechanics now and running quests is as pleasurable as that task can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom