• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Angry Grimace said:
Chromaggus is now tamable on beta :lol
:lol :lol :lol wat

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yoshichan said:
:lol :lol :lol wat
zwdWK.jpg

Lolligag

Weenerz said:
Always been surprising they didn't re-use Chromaggus' model like they do with most other models.
It wouldn't have made sense. He's an experiment not a breed.

There are miniature ones in Blackwing Descent, but then Nef is also working there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Apparently he's listed as a Core Hound if you get him

Flib

Dr. Pangloss said:
Where will they be selling the flight training for in the old world? Wondering where I need to log out before the expansion date. Also notice that the weekend after December 7th is Warsong Glutch so you can level real quick there if you want.

by the flight trainers in the capitals. for horde at least, it's the main plateau with the zeppelin platforms in orgrimmar (note that this area doesn't exist yet, so just log out in the valley of strength.

mileS said:
I laugh and cry every time I read something like this. I played horde on two different battlegroups for years and years (forget the battlegroup names but played on Mug'thol and Bleeding Hollow). Since BC and arenas Horde lose BG's literally 85% of the time. The issue mostly comes down to extremely bad players in greens afking the entire game expecting free honor. while the alliance usually sticks together and have at least 3 healers for every single match. Horde would be lucky to have 1 every 5 games and usually if there is they have a buddy they are there to heal and never spread the love to any of the pugs around them.

This isn't even mentioning how AV is still and will forever be completely Alliance favored. Anyone who doesn't understand why hasn't taken the time to really take a look at the map and compare sides. Also does anyone ever notice how Alliance will ALWAYS cap stables before Horde get Farm in AB? Sure the distance looks the same but after 5 years of playing off and on you start to notice things like this.

Anyways... not sure what magical battlegroup you play on where Horde usually win because it certainly isn't the 2 that I've played on for 5 years. (edit, this is a dumb thing to say considering battlegroups haven't been around for this long but you get the point, it was the same when it was just the one server)

I play on Ruin. Its the most competitive BG in the game, and Horde wins around 70% of the time as a conservative estimate. You pretty much have to run in a 1k+ res premade in order to get decent honor as alliance.

I don't know for a fact that Horde wins more across all BGs, but its been my experience on a couple of other BGs as well. I think the less competitive BGs might see Alliance doing OK. This is supported by the fact that the majority of PvP servers are tilted towards Horde, population wise, sometimes ludicrously so. Most of the truly broken servers are now completely Horde dominated- Cho'Gall and Mal'Ganis in particular.

theultimo

FieryBalrog said:
I play on Ruin. Its the most competitive BG in the game, and Horde wins around 70% of the time as a conservative estimate. You pretty much have to run in a 1k+ res premade in order to get decent honor as alliance.

I don't know for a fact that Horde wins more across all BGs, but its been my experience on a couple of other BGs as well. I think the less competitive BGs might see Alliance doing OK. This is supported by the fact that the majority of PvP servers are tilted towards Horde, population wise, sometimes ludicrously so. Most of the truly broken servers are now completely Horde dominated- Cho'Gall and Mal'Ganis in particular.
Considering they are giving the alliance the cute race this time, maybe they are trying to shift it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
theultimo said:
Considering they are giving the alliance the cute race this time, maybe they are trying to shift it.
If they were trying to create some shift, you'd see Pandarens pumped out.

Oh god, could you imagine the amount of Pandaren rerolls on the first day of an expansion. :lol

A sea of cute bears, as far as the eyes could see.

J-Rzez

PatzCU said:
Wow grats! That fight is ridiculously hard.

Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty interesting to say the least, I was kinda let down with normal mode's fight but heroic added a little more to make it actually more fun and a bit more challenging, unlike many other heroic modes in ICC. Pretty good stuff. No loot dropped for me off him though lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seems like 4.0.3 might hit this week according to MMOchampion. Hopefully, 4.0.3a will be next week.

Mareg

Bisnic said:
Seems like 4.0.3 might hit this week according to MMOchampion. Hopefully, 4.0.3a will be next week.

Ok.... what is the difference between 4.0.3 and 4.0.3a ? I tought they would only release one last patch before expension and that would be the new Azeroth... :(

Tamanon

Banned
Mareg said:
Ok.... what is the difference between 4.0.3 and 4.0.3a ? I tought they would only release one last patch before expension and that would be the new Azeroth... :(

4.0.3 is mainly a bug patch and gets the classes in line with the Beta. 4.0.3a is when the world changes.

iiiiiunicorn

Neo Member
Mareg said:
World of Warcraft Client Patch 4.0.3

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/patchnotes/

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...testrealm.html

General
Much of the data being downloaded in patch 4.0.3 will pave the way for the shattering of Azeroth shortly before the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm on December 7.
The leader of Wintergrasp raids can no longer kick players from the raid (this change will also apply to Tol Barad in Cataclysm).
When in a Looking For Dungeon group, using an instance portal to that instance will now take players to the Looking For Dungeon entrance point instead of the normal destination of that portal. This will make it easier to return to the instance after dying in an LFD group.
Honorable Kills are no longer awarded for killing players below level 5.

User Interface
Added pets to the new raid unit frames when displayed in party.
The default UI Scale has been altered so it will be set at a 1:1 pixel/texel ratio. This will result in a smaller UI appearance for higher resolution monitors.
Players may now adjust the local "Lag Tolerance" time for better precision of spell timing. This is an advanced-users-only feature found in the Interface Options (Combat) panel.

Bug Fixes
Macros now handle spell variant transitions better. For example, Trap Launcher causes a different version of Frost Trap to be cast. Previously the macro system was not handling this transition properly.
Queuing in Looking For Dungeon for a different wing of the instance a player is already in now works properly. For example, a party can now queue for Scarlet Monastery - Library after completing Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard.
Killing High Interrogator Gerstahn before killing Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in a Blackrock Depths - Upper City random Looking For Dungeon run will now provide the proper reward. This also applies to Archmage Arugal and the Crown Chemical Company bosses in Shadowfang Keep during the Love is in the Air holiday event.
Repeatedly inspecting other players should now function correctly.
Area heal-over-time effects should no longer cause players to stand up.
Male blood elves have received a crash course in dancing and now know to stop dancing when they run.
Drake mounts have gotten bored with gliding and will flap their wings again when flying forward.
Druid Flight Form now properly appears in the Spellbook before Expert Riding is learned.
Sunfire's damage-over-time effect now deals damage at the same rate as Moonfire's damage- over-time effect.
GM Ticket messages should now displace buff icons instead of obscuring them.

mclem

Evlar said:
"Lag tolerance"? Sounds interesting. What's that all about?
It allows you to hit a button *before* a cooldown expires (within something like 500ms) and it'll remember that spell and cast it as soon as it's able. I believe the 500ms is what's modifiable.

Flib

Fuck, I thought that UI change was a bug on the beta. The default UI is now so small, it's hard to read the text (1900x1200) on my monitor.

webrunner

Mareg said:

4.0.3 is mostly minor changes plus all the shattering content download.

4.0.3a is when they flip the 'destroy the world' switch (but you'll already have it downloaded for 4.0.3)

I wonder if they'll delete the old world from the hard drive on 4.0.3a since you wont need it any more, unless they want to do some crazy phasing quest somewhere.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
-NeoTB1- said:
Not sure if it's been posted yet. but if anyone here is looking to get into WoW for the first time you can get the original game + Burning Crusade for $20 on Amazon.

It's $18 cheaper than the battle chest (and let's face it. no one really needs the guides for this game with sites like wowhead around).

How did you find that deal? I've tried looking for pc deals on amazon, but am not having any luck.

Went ahead and picked them up. Now I need wrath to go on sale.

-NeoTB1-

Iadien said:
How did you find that deal? I've tried looking for pc deals on amazon, but am not having any luck.

If you go to Amazon and hover over the Movies, Music and Games tab, you will see the link for the Video Games section. Once there, just click on the Prelude to Black Friday icon on the right hand side. On the final page, there is another link to the aforementioned WoW deal on the right hand side.

iiiiiunicorn

Neo Member
So if I wanted to introduce my girlfriend to WoW, could I give her a 10-day trial pass, she downloads it on her computer for free and creates her account?

Then, if she likes it, I'd have to buy another copy of the game right? Is that how it works?

Dunlop

Bisnic said:

so nov 23rd...not tomorrow right?!?!?

I have 1 very simple achievement left to get my ICC mount, not sure if that patch will screw that up

mclem

webrunner said:
4.0.3 is mostly minor changes plus all the shattering content download.

4.0.3a is when they flip the 'destroy the world' switch (but you'll already have it downloaded for 4.0.3)

I wonder if they'll delete the old world from the hard drive on 4.0.3a since you wont need it any more, unless they want to do some crazy phasing quest somewhere.

I suspect they will at some point (Probably Cataclysm itself; does that actually have a version number?). It's far too much data to keep hanging around for no good reason.

TheExodu5

Banned
iiiiiunicorn said:
So if I wanted to introduce my girlfriend to WoW, could I give her a 10-day trial pass, she downloads it on her computer for free and creates her account?

Then, if she likes it, I'd have to buy another copy of the game right? Is that how it works?
Yeah, though at this point, you might as well wait for the Cataclysm world change.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
-NeoTB1- said:
If you go to Amazon and hover over the Movies, Music and Games tab, you will see the link for the Video Games section. Once there, just click on the Prelude to Black Friday icon on the right hand side. On the final page, there is another link to the aforementioned WoW deal on the right hand side.

ah, I was on the page but didn't notice the deals on the right. thanks

iiiiiunicorn said:
World of Warcraft Client Patch 4.0.3

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/patchnotes/

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...testrealm.html

General
Much of the data being downloaded in patch 4.0.3 will pave the way for the shattering of Azeroth shortly before the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm on December 7.
The leader of Wintergrasp raids can no longer kick players from the raid (this change will also apply to Tol Barad in Cataclysm).
When in a Looking For Dungeon group, using an instance portal to that instance will now take players to the Looking For Dungeon entrance point instead of the normal destination of that portal. This will make it easier to return to the instance after dying in an LFD group.
Honorable Kills are no longer awarded for killing players below level 5.

User Interface
Added pets to the new raid unit frames when displayed in party.
The default UI Scale has been altered so it will be set at a 1:1 pixel/texel ratio. This will result in a smaller UI appearance for higher resolution monitors.
Players may now adjust the local "Lag Tolerance" time for better precision of spell timing. This is an advanced-users-only feature found in the Interface Options (Combat) panel.

Bug Fixes
Macros now handle spell variant transitions better. For example, Trap Launcher causes a different version of Frost Trap to be cast. Previously the macro system was not handling this transition properly.
Queuing in Looking For Dungeon for a different wing of the instance a player is already in now works properly. For example, a party can now queue for Scarlet Monastery - Library after completing Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard.
Killing High Interrogator Gerstahn before killing Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in a Blackrock Depths - Upper City random Looking For Dungeon run will now provide the proper reward. This also applies to Archmage Arugal and the Crown Chemical Company bosses in Shadowfang Keep during the Love is in the Air holiday event.
Repeatedly inspecting other players should now function correctly.
Area heal-over-time effects should no longer cause players to stand up.
Male blood elves have received a crash course in dancing and now know to stop dancing when they run.
Drake mounts have gotten bored with gliding and will flap their wings again when flying forward.
Druid Flight Form now properly appears in the Spellbook before Expert Riding is learned.
Sunfire's damage-over-time effect now deals damage at the same rate as Moonfire's damage- over-time effect.
GM Ticket messages should now displace buff icons instead of obscuring them.

what a boring ass patch. shatter azeroth already blizzard.

Aesthet1c

So my guild is debating going for hard mode Ulduar achievements to get the drake before the patch hits. However most of us have only have expierence in like the first half of the instance. We're hoping our gear will carry us (most of us are 5800+), but I know a lot of the fights in Ulduar are very mechanics based.

Anyone who has experience in these, can you tell me how doable it would be to down everything hard mode in like 2-3 raid nights, with a group that wont know most of the fights?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
funkmastergeneral said:
what a boring ass patch. shatter azeroth already blizzard.

Yeah, for the first time in years, i have no fucking idea what to do while waiting for an expansion. I can't lvl an alt because the world will soon change, all my 80s have all the gear & professions i want(and im not gonna bother with ICC 25 or Heroic 10/25 at this point) and i've done all the soloable achievements(except many fishing ones) on my main for the past week. I could still solo outlands 5 mans for BC rep, but im not gonna waste my time with that. The best i can do is lvl a DK since i dont have one and Outlands will stay the same anyway.

Let Deathwing destroy the world NOW!

Evlar

Banned
That's what I like about Battlegrounds (and PvP in general). It doesn't really matter whether I'm getting useful rewards or not: I enjoy simply doing it for its own sake. I like the gameplay.

notworksafe

Aesthet1c said:
Anyone who has experience in these, can you tell me how doable it would be to down everything hard mode in like 2-3 raid nights, with a group that wont know most of the fights?
We did it in 4 nights and only myself and one other in my 10 man had done anything in Ulduar HM. Just remind everyone to have a lot of patience on Firefighter and Yogg +1. :D Luckily Algalon is easy enough now, so you'll get that title too.

Just so you know, getting the Ulduar drake now won't save you the 5000g for 310% flight training if you are doing it for that reason.

Dunlop

notworksafe said:
We did it in 4 nights and only myself and one other in my 10 man had done anything in Ulduar HM. Just remind everyone to have a lot of patience on Firefighter and Yogg +1. :D Luckily Algalon is easy enough now, so you'll get that title too.

Those 2 were the worst, also people having the proper communication/discipline for the disarmed achievement.

If your PC is not great, turn down the graphical effects when you do firefighter the opening of the fight is pretty harsh on you card

Milpool

iiiiiunicorn said:
Me too, not sure why they are changing this...

edit: apparently it's a bug where drakes just glide all the time, and proto-drakes aren't affected

My green and blue proto-drakes are both affected by the perma-glide bug :( , as well as all my normal drakes.

Also since 4.x.x the cenarion war hippogryph's take off animation is overlapped by it's regular flapping animation, so it looks like there are some frames missing.

Aesthet1c

notworksafe said:

Just so you know, getting the Ulduar drake now won't save you the 5000g for 310% flight training if you are doing it for that reason.

Awesome, thanks for the tips. We'll give it a shot. And we're actually just doing it for the drake and the achieve. It's a bummer we missed out on the free 310% flying speed, but I don't want to miss out on the drake too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom