• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Alex said:
Half hour? I have instant queues now on both servers I play on, and I've not seen a longer queue than a few minutes ever since the concept of inter-server BGs even came in. :lol That's odd. Maybe something is down on your pack.

Anyhow, they're in the last stage of doing so, it'll be pre-Cata when it's done I assume.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27497535489&sid=1&pageNo=1

Edit: Nm, it's apparently done, finished on 11/9
Just checked again, still half hour+ for BGs (either random or the special bonus one). I asked in trade and was told that it is due to the ultra horde pop imbalance (someone said 5:1) which I guess would make sense (if it is true)

Alex

Sounds more like a back end bug to me, the overall populace split in the region is pretty even, it's only uneven by realm to realm.

I was reading something about some datacenter quirks some places need ironing out, so that may be it.

Why can't you tell?

It may seem like a trolly sort of question but eh... whatever you want, right? I mean, not like it really matters, but agi/str for rogues, same for enh shammies or int/whatever for elemental... same for feral / balance. Use your imagination :)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
weapons*

weapons are complex... the stats have changed over time. i haven't read up on every classes Cat changes.

i'm not sure if this still holds up for shamans for example:

"1-29: dredger (rockbiter is better on faster weapons, plus 3.8 speed weapon with just autoattack sucks)
30-39: reaper (windfury, nuff said)
40+: double mass"

I guess enhancement would do double mass 10+ these days...

As far as Elemental and Rest... I don't know how good dungeon shields and Devout Aurastone Hammer] would be over the Staff.

I'm trying to compile a list of weapons for all classes/specs

Chris R

Alex said:
Sounds more like a back end bug to me, the overall populace split in the region is pretty even, it's only uneven by realm to realm.

I was reading something about some datacenter quirks some places need ironing out, so that may be it.
Well I did just try a dungeon grouper and it said I had 30 average wait time ahead of me, but it was only really like 4.

I probably did like shit since I tried out Arcane in my old FFB gear (well, just plain OLD gear 200-213 iLvl) but the instance was really easy (my first time ever in H-Occ). No clue how many total Justice Points I got but it seems that regearing with decent stuff wouldn't really take too long (I saw I got 23 points after the final boss kill, so it was probably like 100 for the total dungeon, and 250+ iLvl gear is only 600ish points yay!). Glyph rework is pretty sweet, being able to finally swap them back in and out whenever you want. Also ran across some dude when looking for glyph powder that looked like it would readjust the stats on my gear (would make it easier to switch from FFB to Arcane!) for a price of 10g.

I'll try PvP later tonight to see if I still hate that as much as I used to remember.

Your PvP queues will almost always be longer on horde, because in most BGs Horde wins more. Sometimes there is population imbalance across the whole BG, but more importantly fewer Alliance queue up because we lose a lot more :D

OTOH every1 on Horde wants their free honor.

Somnia

So ready to start playing again once Cataclysm hits. I'm starting 100% from scratch as my account is long gone at this point (passed onto my brother, to a friend and then who knows where). Haven't truly played since BC launch so this shall be fun :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FieryBalrog said:
Your PvP queues will almost always be longer on horde, because in most BGs Horde wins more. Sometimes there is population imbalance across the whole BG, but more importantly fewer Alliance queue up because we lose a lot more :D

My guess is that this is just perception. Lots of sucks roll Horde too.

He has incredible luck. Both ZG mounts within a month. Anzu and Al'ar within 2 days.

All legendaries available to his class. Both Warglaives, Thunderfury, Hand of Rag, Shadowmourne, Thori'dal. 78 FoS :lol

His guild is pretty hardcore as well. 23 members have 10000+ achievement points, and they have realm first Yogg +0, Algalon, Maly, Naxxramas, Sarth, and heroic 25 LK.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MattPeters said:
Both ZG mounts within a month. Anzu and Al'ar within 2 days.

Well either he's made a pact with Satan, or else his dad is the mafia boss who runs Blizzard's operation in RU.

And he made an offer Morheim couldn't refuse.

Angry Grimace

FieryBalrog said:
Well either he's made a pact with Satan, or else his dad is the mafia boss who runs Blizzard's operation in RU.

And he made an offer Morheim couldn't refuse.
I might make a pact with Satan for Ashes of Al'ar.

My guess is that his guild probably fed him some of it for some reason. There's no way he wins the rolls on all that stuff, i.e. Invincible, Ashes, etc.

Danoss

SnakeswithLasers said:
Pally may be a faceroll class, but I'm really enjoying the tank mechanics now and running quests is as pleasurable as that task can be.
I agree 100%. My Pally tank just hit 80 this afternoon. I'm tempted to make it my new main, I have been enjoying it that much.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i was wanting to mess around in 10-19 twink bg's since my 19 warrior was fixing to ding...

but apparently level 10's can get up to 95% damage reduction with resilience ... and be a ridiculous flag carrier. i can't confirm 95% but i've seen 50%.

Angry Grimace said:
He lives in Russia. You die if you go outside like 8 months out of the year, I'm not surprised he plays WoW all day
^This :lol
Rokam said:
Hooray got Raven mount today! Just have the ZG mounts and Baron mount left as far as soloable crap.
How many runs did it take you to get it? I didn't start trying until blizzard removed the need for druids to summon the boss. I think I'm at 21 attempts so far. Pretty low number of attempts, considering how long other people have been trying, but it's worth a shot.

Cipherr

Rokam said:
Hooray got Raven mount today! Just have the ZG mounts and Baron mount left as far as soloable crap.

How difficult is this to solo? Thinking of trying it on my lock if a druid is no longer needed for summoning

Hooj

Banned
Anyone know if Worgen's make good Warriors?

I'll probably roll DK or Druid for them anyways i dunno.

I like how you become a Worgen as opposed to just starting as one.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Puncture said:
How difficult is this to solo? Thinking of trying it on my lock if a druid is no longer needed for summoning

I tried with a frost mage. It's not too hard to kill the mobs in the way leading to Anzu's room, as long as you pull 1 group at a time. Anzu himself required me to use my skills at the fullest to beat him. It's not just stand there and spam Frostbolt and Ice Lance & Frostfire bolt when you get the procs since my Ice Barrier breaks pretty easily even with the glyph. I have no idea how it can compare to a lock. Much easier on a tanking class obviously, where you can stand where you are and take the hits with no fear of dying..

But since i already got it on my warrior, i didn't bother with my mage, too much work for a mount i can already enjoy on another toon.

Puncture said:
As long as you have semi-decent gear you should be fine. Demo is the best spec for soloing stuff. You can skip quite a bit of the trash, too. The first boss, and last boss for that matter, can be burned down easily.

The worst part is the Sethekk Ravenguards (trash mobs on the way). They hit fast and hard, are immune to CC, and you always have to do two at a time. Thankfully, there are only 2-3 pairs in the whole instance. Just be sure you save your felguard's felstorm for them ( I say save, but it's just 40sec CD, i think you can use axe toss too on them), use hand of gul'dan for the stun, and pop metamorphosis if you run into trouble. You can also just spam health funnel and let your pet do the work.

I'm using the soul link glyph and shadowflame glyph in addition to everything else. The latter is nice, cuz when you pull aggro on a mob, you can shadowflame and run away. I skipped the lifetap glyph, but my haste is really high, so I don't really need it. The one glyph I should probably have and don't for soloing stuff is the health funnel glyph. I made a macro, so that if/when my felguard dies, i don't have to sift through the summon demon button to instantly recast my felguard.
/cast summon felguard

As for the boss fight, he'll phaze out twice during the encounter, making him immune to damage (he just stands there), and summons a bunch of birds to attack. Either save your felguard's felstorm for it, or cast meta and immolation aura/hellfire. I usually meta for one, and use an infernal to help out with the other. If you pull aggro, soul shatter. Other than that just keep yourself and your felguard alive. He'll CC you occasionally as well, so that you can't move or do anything, but it's not bad.

EDIT:
Bisnic said:
I tried with a frost mage. It's not too hard to kill the mobs in the way leading to Anzu's room, as long as you pull 1 group at a time. Anzu himself required me to use my skills at the fullest to beat him. It's not just stand there and spam Frostbolt and Ice Lance & Frostfire bolt when you get the procs since my Ice Barrier breaks pretty easily even with the glyph. I have no idea how it can compare to a lock. Much easier on a tanking class obviously, where you can stand where you are and take the hits with no fear of dying..

But since i already got it on my warrior, i didn't bother with my mage, too much work for a mount i can already enjoy on another toon.
I'm jealous of mages in so many ways, but one thing i'm grateful for, being a warlock, is having a pet. Makes solo'ing stuff much much easier.

Eh, stupid question maybe, but they must've hidden the 'cancel account' button again. For the life of me, I can't find the option anywhere.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Fallout-NL said:
Eh, stupid question maybe, but they must've hidden the 'cancel account' button again. For the life of me, I can't find the option anywhere.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Under account management, go to subscription setup. You should be able to cancel from there. Like if you go to world of warcrafts front page, it's account > manage account > subscription setup

I dont have my authenticator with me at work or i could probably just link it to you.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Bisnic said:

It's pie for a Lock. Mages are the hardest solo class for mobs you can't kite.

I'm also curious, are you doing the farming at level 80 or 85? Anzu has always been the one mount I want for my mage.

Fallout-NL said:
Thanks, must've skipped over it a couple of times.
Anytime :D

@Puncture, I don't know what your gear is like on your warlock, but one thing I've found very gratifying while doing sethekk halls is to put my pet on passive, pop metamorphosis, immolation aura, hellfire, and then my feguard's felstorm. I can usually clear multiple groups of mobs that way in one go. I think I have cleared half or more of the first room just by running around and grabbing mobs (hellfire has a pretty wide radius), but that is after clearing the entrance hallway. Death coiling while in meta form helps me with heatlh to a degree. Definitely be careful though your first time, just to get a feel for how much you can handle in your current gear.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Deputy Moonman said:
EDIT:

I'm jealous of mages in so many ways, but one thing i'm grateful for, being a warlock, is having a pet. Makes solo'ing stuff much much easier.

Well, i did say i was a frost mage. I have my own permanent pet.

It just cant tank anything and do shitty damage. :lol I still love its ranged frost nova at least. Perfect for a big group that needs to be frozen before i cast a talented Blizzard, without needing to get close to them for my own frost nova.

But yeah, if my chill or freeze effects dont work on something that have more than 100k HP, I'll have trouble killing it. I have no problems soloing every single boss in the regular outlands 5 mans, but heroic modes are another story.

shintoki said:
I'm also curious, are you doing the farming at level 80 or 85? Anzu has always been the one mount I want for my mage.

Well, i'm not playing on beta, so 80.

Narag

ghostcrawlerstats.jpg

:lol

DeathNote said:
i was wanting to mess around in 10-19 twink bg's since my 19 warrior was fixing to ding...

but apparently level 10's can get up to 95% damage reduction with resilience ... and be a ridiculous flag carrier. i can't confirm 95% but i've seen 50%.

I wouldn't worry about the lower level battlegrounds. They are pretty broken at the moment till 4.0.3 when they scale down the damage. You will run into the FotM class, rogues, who can still 2 shot my plate warrior at 48. Shadow step ambush and then three point eviscerate is so hard. Its more one shot till 30s. Also any smart druid will just throw up thorns and you can do nothing about it as a warrior unless you spec as protection and can shield slam it off. And whoever made it so you don't get intercept till 50 needs to get their head checked.

And the Reins of the Raven Lord for 100/100. (Note the smooth as fuck vanilla 8/8 Bloodfang and CTS/Maladath).

24opm6t.jpg

That makes:
Brewfest Kodo
Fiery Warhorse
Zulian Tiger
Headless Horseman
Swift White Hawkstrider
Polar Bear
Raven Lord
Blue Dragonhawk

In less than 2 months!

mileS

FieryBalrog said:

I laugh and cry every time I read something like this. I played horde on two different battlegroups for years and years (forget the battlegroup names but played on Mug'thol and Bleeding Hollow). Since BC and arenas Horde lose BG's literally 85% of the time. The issue mostly comes down to extremely bad players in greens afking the entire game expecting free honor. while the alliance usually sticks together and have at least 3 healers for every single match. Horde would be lucky to have 1 every 5 games and usually if there is they have a buddy they are there to heal and never spread the love to any of the pugs around them.

This isn't even mentioning how AV is still and will forever be completely Alliance favored. Anyone who doesn't understand why hasn't taken the time to really take a look at the map and compare sides. Also does anyone ever notice how Alliance will ALWAYS cap stables before Horde get Farm in AB? Sure the distance looks the same but after 5 years of playing off and on you start to notice things like this.

Anyways... not sure what magical battlegroup you play on where Horde usually win because it certainly isn't the 2 that I've played on for 5 years. (edit, this is a dumb thing to say considering battlegroups haven't been around for this long but you get the point, it was the same when it was just the one server)

I hate you Frey. :lol

I've done Kara/zg for over 16 months with nothing to show for it. Add in 350+ baron runs and I'm positive blizzard hates me.

Where will they be selling the flight training for in the old world? Wondering where I need to log out before the expansion date. Also notice that the weekend after December 7th is Warsong Glutch so you can level real quick there if you want.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All right guys, major help needed. I have no clue what the fuck is going on.

When I moonfire an enemy, the hitbox detection gets HUGE and I can't target someone else for some reason. This started today and I've turned off all my mods but it doesn't work. I've also tried Googling the problem with no luck... pic to show what I mean:

6A1eQ.jpg

X5vP4.jpg

This problem makes me unable to click on enemies that are near the enemy (shift+tab in its glory but I need to click sometimes).

Anyone know what's going on?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nope, that's not it :/ The actual portrait isn't the problem, it's the fact that whenever I do a spell that's big, the hitbox turns huge and I can't click on anything even near that enemy.

Yoshichan

Wow, now I know what the problem is... it's actually the Sunfire spell that's making the huge hitbox. Tried it out with Moonfire and it works normally.

Oh well, fuck Sunfire then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom