• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DeathNote said:
lawl

so do you have to choose a city for 2 bosses

or can you only do 2 and it's random?

I only defended IF, but i could queue for all 4 bosses once the players at SW did their job(IF was done 1st). I only could queue for 2 bosses when IF was successfully defended.

As far as i know, you can only queue for 1 boss at a time.

After you've done the first two, you can queue up for the next two. I assume that both cities need to be cleared after the current attack but you don't have to take part.

Rokam

The bad tanks come out of the wood work for these event bosses. :lol I've had to BoP the healer in every instance cause the tank won't get trash off of them or on the fire guy won't get the adds off.

Edit: And I get a group doing water guy, healer has ample time to grab quest and doesn't. We get boss to Ice Block and he tells us to wipe so he can get quest. I tell him to just requeue after, but nope lets us all die.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
I only defended IF, but i could queue for all 4 bosses once the players at SW did their job(IF was done 1st). I only could queue for 2 bosses when IF was successfully defended.

As far as i know, you can only queue for 1 boss at a time.
ah, thunder bluff is bugged on my server

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
they don't save you to dungeons anyways, you can just run them forever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm gonna be honest. The time I spent doing that event could have been better spend leveling a level 14 shaman.

Willectro

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
they don't save you to dungeons anyways, you can just run them forever.

You can't run them forever. There seems to be a timer. I had more than enough time to queue for all 4, and I'm dps.

Alex

I'm leveling up my old Shaman I haven't touched since like mid-BC, and I stopped at 69 and decided to do a BG since I was gone from when BG exp went in until now. Man I got like 30k exp for being in there for 10-15 minutes, I didn't think it was going to be anywhere near that good, that's really a viable alternative to questing. I figured it'd just be token shit.

J-Rzez

How often do these events repeat? Are they cool? Is there any achievements with them or FoS? I got work way early again and i'm trying to judge if it's worth staying up. :lol

Bisnic

I don't remember the last time SW was this full of people. 12 FPS ftw.

IyYEB.jpg

Bisnic

J-Rzez said:
How often do these events repeat? Are they cool? Is there any achievements with them or FoS? I got work way early again and i'm trying to judge if it's worth staying up. :lol

Why don't you just do them for the fun? I don't give a shit if there is no upgrades or FOS. It's fun to be hundreds in a capital killing elementals and searching for trapped citizens.

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
No achievements. You get justice points and 13g for each boss quest in the dungeons.

It is a lot of fun though. I recommend doing it at least once.

Bisnic

Man, jumping down the SW Harbor with hundreds of Alliances around me was epic. Much better in movement (note the usual "QQ i cant do anything, this shit sucks") :lol :

ViPVZ.jpg

Bisnic

This event is full of epicness haha. :lol Sorry for all the big pictures, i'll take out the if its too much.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/pE1M5.jpg

Alex

I'm on full pop, it's utter carnage on this. When I first logged on I ported to Ironforge and walked out and there was like hundreds of people and elemental corpses everywhere. Took me be surprise to say the least.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ha, Bleeding Hollow was just insane in Org. Well over 200 people around the bank, with probably another 200 in the Drag/Cleft/Honor. Feels good to be in a well populated server.

mclem

notworksafe said:
I just use a macro for Righteous Defense so I can just cast it on a mob(s) on which I don't have threat.

Ages and ages ago (really, I think it might even be pre-wrath) they baked this basic behaviour into the existing Righteous Defense. You don't need a macro to do it any more.

mclem

DeathNote said:
score! happening on my server at 6pm

or maybe a bit before

edit: do you choose a city and can only do 2 or something?

Both (on alliance side) Stormwind and Ironforge are attacked at the same time each time. Rescuing Stormwind opens up the water boss and air boss; Ironforge opens up fire and earth. Rescuing both means all four are in play.

notworksafe

mclem said:
Ages and ages ago (really, I think it might even be pre-wrath) they baked this basic behaviour into the existing Righteous Defense. You don't need a macro to do it any more.
You sure? You still have to target a friendly to use it, I believe.

J-Rzez

Did the invasion and bosses. It was alright. I love that all it takes is for one person (myself) to throw down one AoE (DnD), and 100 other people all start doing AoE in the event thus rendering the game down to 1fps.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i actually need some gear from them. selected need, healer left without rezzing, 1 person selected nothing, can't get the loot..

is this going to be common?

what actually causes it?

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
i actually need some gear from them. selected need, healer left without rezzing, 1 person selected nothing, can't get the loot..

Wait a few minutes and they will auto-pass.

theultimo

DeathNote said:

what actually causes it?

someone is not picking what they want...it will auto pass after a bit.

maybe someone ninjaed it then :lol

theultimo

funkmastergeneral said:
Well the invasion was kind of fun, I guess. No more quests?
The world is getting thrown apart very soon, and the dungeon finder has bosses which have quests. Nothing else though.

I'm guessing the guy who didn't do anything got the drop either by accident or lag looting prob.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
You sure it wasn't won by someone else? That's odd.
looting set to need before greed
loot threshold set to uncommon
Your share of the loot is 9 silver
A is now dungeon Guide
Person that didn't select anything leaves the party.

A selected Greed
B passed
C selected Greed
I selected Need

You are now dungeon guide.
Your group has been disbanded.

theultimo

DeathNote said:
looting set to need before greed
loot threshold set to uncommon
Your share of the loot is 9 silver
A is now dungeon Guide
Person that didn't select anything leaves the party.

A selected Greed
B passed
C selected Greed
I selected Need
Left the party and ninjaed it by lag prob. Its been done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom