• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zugzug

Angry Grimace said:
I'm gonna be honest. The time I spent doing that event could have been better spend leveling a level 14 shaman.

+1

I have failed to see any new quests that explain or start the invasion or telling your ability to queue for these bosses. Typical dumb....you queue and your suddenly standing in front of this boss only quest is kill him go back and tell in town you killed him and that was it.

however I only did the fire boss in BRD.

Such a letdown in delivery and showing you are a great storyteller blizzard.

theultimo

DeathNote said:
i just don't understand how that works. do you have to be dungeon guide?

cause i'll be selecting that from now on
you have to be dungeon guide.

Loot the corpse, click on the item and quickly leave the party. It can be ninjaed sometimes depending on lag.

Note: the bosses are not really for story, just heroic encounters with familar places.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
theultimo said:

Loot the corpse, click on the item and quickly leave the party. It can be ninjaed sometimes depending on lag.

Note: the bosses are not really for story, just heroic encounters with familar places.
my chat says they left before it says what anyone selected

so, they either gambled, felt confident in this process, or perhaps lag can give the item to the dungeon leader whether they take it or not?

theultimo

DeathNote said:
my chat says they left before it says what anyone selected

so, they either gambled, felt confident in this process, or perhaps lag can give the item to the dungeon leader whether they take it or not?
yup, pretty much

Rokam

funkmastergeneral said:
it's going to be immediately replaced when cataclysm comes out. don't sweat it.
Better gear makes soloing old content that much easier :). Plus that's still 3 weeks away and I play WoW far too much. :lol

Weenerz

Banned
Rokam said:
I think the two tanks in full Heroic ICC gear are set. Like I understand a shitty geared person, but come on.

Yea, its just a ring you'll have 50 shots at before the event is over with.

Rokam

Eh just really hate people rolling for off spec shit, at least say something. Running HoR for the shield numerous times has made me bitter, so many shields lost to "dps" wearing tank gear in tank specs. I don't think a little bit of *courtesy is too much to ask for.

*I'm well aware it is entirely too much to ask for in WoW.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Man, the RP guild I am in is a Tauren-exclusive guild. It was quite awesome just patrolling around and swapping tales and banter with others, whilst seeing the misty clouds slowly roll in over the Bluff. Quite scary in some ways.

DeathNote said:
"8 December 2009 Prelude: Rare Earthquakes begin on Azeroth."

I didn't know it was going on that long.
I kept telling people that there were earthquakes every now and again, but they told me ridiculous things like "lol just a Warrior using Thunderclap nearby!"

funkmastergeneral said:
I guess if you're interested in lore we'll just have to read the shitty books.
Unfortunately this seems to be the way Blizzard want to go in terms of structured lore. Fortunately you can glean most, if not all, information via fansites like wowpedia, wow.joystiq & blizzplanet (even if blizzplanet tries to PR as much as they can with merch). It just really depends on whether you want to involve yourself fully into it or not.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
theultimo said:

There is a story. There are portals that spawn outside the AH's that explain where they go and then the quest you get explains why; not to mention each boss has dialogue explaining what they are doing.

Rokam

Angry Grimace said:
There is a story. There are portals that spawn outside the AH's that explain where they go and then the quest you get explains why; not to mention each boss has dialogue explaining what they are doing.

First round of portals was bugged I think. Image of Cho'gal only appeared in Maraudon, now he's in all of them for me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
You sure? You still have to target a friendly to use it, I believe.
No you don't anymore. It automatically selects the target of your target (this was implemented in 3.0.2). But using RD in its intended form works much better for me anyways; I set it as a clique setting and then just pop it whenever anyone gets the aggro marker around their name.

I'm not sure why you would want to macro it that way anyways, you can just use Hand of Reckoning as a standard taunt.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Don't you guys love to see 5 man bosses that last longer than 15-20 secs? :lol I was starting to get used to it. How sad.

Infinity

funkmastergeneral said:
My server looks dead compared to these pictures :(

Hellscream server, Horde side, in Org. wasn't very crowded either. But then again, it was during the workday.

I was out sick, so I got to participate a little.

Rokam

God these bosses really make you see who was carried to gear. Healer not dispelling at all on Ghaz'rilla, asked him numerous times, he didn't, and since I was the only interrupt and bubble was already on CD full heal and we wipe. :lol

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
I'm not sure why you would want to macro it that way anyways, you can just use Hand of Reckoning as a standard taunt.
I can't target a friendly and cast RD then switch back to mobs as quickly as I can just tab-target a mob and target back to my original mob.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
I can't target a friendly and cast RD then switch back to mobs as quickly as I can just tab-target a mob and target back to my original mob.
Why don't you just use Hand of Reckoning then? I usually have RD mapped as a Clique button too which means I just mouseover the friendly target's raid frame and click the mouse button and never drop target.

notworksafe

Because then I have the option to pull multiple mobs if needed? WHat if HoR is on cooldown? I also avoid clicking on things for no reason. I'd prefer a keybinding any day.

JoeMartin

speedpop said:
Yeah. Flamecrest wiped us on the first go. What a marvellous sight.

Yep, just needa have the tank walk him around the room in a circle, even going backwards you'll be moving fast enough to keep the little guys away from him, and they don't aggro anyone else, so it's nbd.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
This is more of what i wanted to see from a pre-Cata event. Shit going nuts in the main cities.
Not perfect, but it's fun :D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ah man, i want a Blazing Hippogryph

veyngj.jpg

frickin trading card game crap

the Hippogryph's in game have crappy face armor

PatzCU

The 5man bosses are tough! I was lazily spamming flash of light on Flamelash and I actually almost lost the tank and the rogue. Color me impressed!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
DeathNote said:
ah man, i want a Blazing Hippogryph

veyngj.jpg

frickin trading card game crap

the Hippogryph's in game have crappy face armor
that whole model and its texturing looks absolutely awful. maybe some intern made it...

at first i was just going to put it down to the video settings being turned down, but the player model looks fine.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Scrow said:
that whole model and its texturing looks absolutely awful. maybe some intern made it...

at first i was just going to put it down to the video settings being turned down, but the player model looks fine.
I understand. Despite the plain wings, you're trying to convince yourself you don't want it.
The head of this beast is unique/awesome.
oM2TX.png
MqgyN.png

Here's a less plain Hippograph with more detail.. but the head of it is stupid and a clusterfuck.
fNiTA.jpg

Thanks Speedpop. Another example:
wbvrc6.png

The head armor ruin both. If you cropped it you couldn't even tell it's a head.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
DeathNote said:
I understand. Despite the plain wings, you're trying to convince yourself you don't want it.
The head of this beast is unique/awesome.
i really don't care about having "awesome" mounts. i just go flight form. the only reason i'd get a new mount is if it has an obvious advantage, like those ones that allow other players to ride on it, or have a vendor included. i'm too pragmatic to care about looks.

so from that perspective, as someone who isn't influenced by how a mount looks, i can objectively say that mount looks awful.

Rokam

Sigh jackasses are out in full force today. Doing my daily heroic run of UP for the mount, and rogue just needs on every piece of loot he can to vendor it. Can't kick cause he had 2 guildies in the run. Did a whopping 2k dps in full t10.

mclem

notworksafe said:
You sure? You still have to target a friendly to use it, I believe.

I haven't used the macro in aaages, and I still seem to be getting by :)

I don't think it's detailed in the tooltip, but it really does work.

mclem

Angry Grimace said:

The use of the macro dates back to before we had Hand of Reckoning, I'm recalling lots of fun with unintended multiple taunts (Four Horseman tank-swaps were interesting if we had two pally tanks :).

It's much less necessary to use Righteous Defense as a backup taunt these days thanks to much shorter CD on HoR, but it's still nice to have the option.

Morokh

zugzug said:
+1

I have failed to see any new quests that explain or start the invasion or telling your ability to queue for these bosses. Typical dumb....you queue and your suddenly standing in front of this boss only quest is kill him go back and tell in town you killed him and that was it.

however I only did the fire boss in BRD.

Such a letdown in delivery and showing you are a great storyteller blizzard.

well it's not like you had three weeks of only RP quests to introduce this event that is supposed to be some kind of 'random surprise' attack on the cities ....

And it's not like the same portals that just spawned elementals all around just stay open at the end and lead you to the more powerful creature that is responsible for their coming in town ... (portal that only stays open during a limited amount of time after the attack ...)

No, makes no sense at all :lol

Well if you just queued up via dungeon finder I can understand, but don't just say there is no story behind it.

theultimo

funkmastergeneral said:
4.0.3 is today

yup, let me in, but server maintenance is happening.....world shattering already? D:

EDIT; Changes:

No world shattering yet...

Mostly bug-fixes until 4.0.3a, and making everyone download most of the world early.

I do like the "lag tolerance" feature.

:lol "Male Blood elves have received a crash course in dancing and now know to stop dancing when they run" and "Drakes have goten bored of gliding and will now flap their wings again"

mclem

Hmmm. I'm on Maws. I probably ought to try to polish the chain off before the patch (tonight for Europe) to make sure I complete the chain in case it goes away in 4.0.3; I suspect it won't go 'til 4.0.3a, but best to play it safe.

theultimo

mclem said:
Hmmm. I'm on Maws. I probably ought to try to polish the chain off before the patch (tonight for Europe) to make sure I complete the chain in case it goes away in 4.0.3; I suspect it won't go 'til 4.0.3a, but best to play it safe.
I have been trying to get the keys for the keymaker achievement before it goes away..I'm hoping they dont kill it.

Bisnic said:
Are we getting the Cataclysm login screen & CG intro today, or is that 4.0.3a?
Same ole LK login when I tried it, with a new EULA.

EDIT: Since the patch notes aren't posted yet on the official site - here are the changes from the launcher:

General

Much of the data being downloaded in patch 4.0.3 will pave the way for the shattering of Azeroth shortly before the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm on December 7.

The leader of Wintergrasp raids can no longer kick players from the raid (this change will also apply to Tol Barad in Cataclysm).

When in a Looking For Dungeon group, using an instance portal to that instance will now take players to the Looking For Dungeon entrance point instead of the normal destination of that portal. This will make it easier to return to the instance after dying in an LFD group.

Honorable Kills are no longer awarded for killing players below level 5.

User Interface

Added pets to the new raid unit frames when displayed in party.

The default UI Scale has been altered so it will be set at a 1:1 pixel/texel ratio. This will result in a smaller UI appearance for higher resolution monitors.

Players may now adjust the local "Lag Tolerance" time for better precision of spell timing. This is an advanced-users-only feature found in the Interface Options (Combat) panel.

Bug Fixes

Macros now handle spell variant transitions better. For example, Trap Launcher causes a different version of Frost Trap to be cast. Previously the macro system was not handling this transition properly.

Queuing in Looking For Dungeon for a different wing of the instance a player is already in now works properly. For example, a party can now queue for Scarlet Monastery - Library after completing Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard.

Killing High Interrogator Gerstahn before killing Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in a Blackrock Depths - Upper City random Looking For Dungeon run will now provide the proper reward. This also applies to Archmage Arugal and the Crown Chemical Company bosses in Shadowfang Keep during the Love is in the Air holiday event.

Repeatedly inspecting other players should now function correctly.

Area heal-over-time effects should no longer cause players to stand up.

Male blood elves have received a crash course in dancing and now know to stop dancing when they run.

Drake mounts have gotten bored with gliding and will flap their wings again when flying forward.

Druid Flight Form now properly appears in the Spellbook before Expert Riding is learned.

Sunfire's damage-over-time effect now deals damage at the same rate as Moonfire's damage- over-time effect.

GM Ticket messages should now displace buff icons instead of obscuring them.

Angry Grimace

Aesthet1c said:
Wasn't 4.0.3 supposed to nerf dps? I thought I remember reading that somewhere..
A significant portion of players believe every patch nerfs their DPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom