• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
theultimo said:
The most mana-efficient healer I think, more like a Tank Healer. You can easily use just DPS gear on it instead of healing gear, and have enough mana regeneration for critical heals. I can't outheal a Holy class, but I can easily out-sustain any Holy class. Its the endurance pretty much. Also, look at the changes with PW:B coming. No "Absorbing Damage" like PW:S, but a pain supression-like bubble with 30% DR and no casting interruptions. Instead of lasting .5 seconds like it has been, it will last the full time. Great for Locks/mages in Raids.
The fact that Blizzard was trying to remove the "Tank healer" niche is WHY PW:S sucks. They really should just make it good again and remove Soul Warding.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cindres said:
Some girl in my guild claims her boyfriend works for massively or champion or something, and they hear things from blizzard and that 4.0.3a isn't coming until the day of/day before cataclysm release.

What's the word on this? I call bullshit but she's arguing it up in trade chat too. I thought we'd heard it was going to be out before release.
I'm doubt MMO Champion has employees other than BB and some admins.

Retro

Angry Grimace said:
I'm doubt MMO Champion has employees other than BB and some admins.

Not true. My sister's cousin's brother's cousin's brother works at MMO-Champion and he says Naga and Centaur will be the next playable races and the next hero class is Demon Hunter. :lol

Reminds me of the old days on the AOL Final Fantasy message boards where we'd bait the newbies with posts about secret Rainbow Chocobos going under the Midgar Swamp to get the Supernova Summon.

Seriously though, now that we're getting close and you can almost taste the anticipation, what are peoples' 'official' plans for Cataclysm? I'm thinking I'll put my Paladin main on hold and roll some alts to enjoy the new world. I plan to roll a Goblin Hunter for sure, and maybe a Tauren Paladin (though I already have like... 6). I'm also vaguely considering a Troll Druid.

Definitely leveling up either a warlock or druid to begin. I'd actually rather start leveling up my 80's to 85 but the new zones will be a madhouse for a week. I'll give it awhile to cool down.

Retro

funkmastergeneral said:
Definitely leveling up either a warlock or druid to begin. I'd actually rather start leveling up my 80's to 85 but the new zones will be a madhouse for a week. I'll give it awhile to cool down.

That's my thinking too. Once you're past the starting zones for each new race, things should thin out a bit. I've never rolled a hunter past 30, so I'm looking forward to trying a new class without feeling like I should be working on my main. I've never gotten a Druid far either (nothing past 10 for sure), and I think now might be the time to try 'em. I kinda like Trolls, so that's a perfect fit for me.

There will be plenty of enormous gaps in high level content for me to level my main during, even with Blizzard finally realizing that releasing 5-mans in each major content launch is smart. Only took them 5 and a half years to realize not everybody raids.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
alts always come second to my main.

which is unfortunately a hunter...im kind of disappointed right now. maybe i shoulda been a druid instead, at least i woulda been able to do all 4 roles.

they better be fixed at 85.

anyway, once i get him to 85 and get all the quests done on him, ill level my paladin, and then the rest of my alts.

Alex

Supposedly 4.0.3a may go up on the PTR with this downtime. There's no real patch but when you boot up the launcher it quickly acquires the unlock files for the new world.

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
Supposedly 4.0.3a may go up on the PTR with this downtime. There's no real patch but when you boot up the launcher it quickly acquires the unlock files for the new world.
Probable, but that doesn't mean the realms are going to open any time in the next few hours. As far as I can tell, Patch "a"'s data is the stuff we've been blowing our bandwidth on for months.

There's no way it won't come up within a day or so max in my opinion though, given that Cataclysm launches in 3 weeks.

Alex

Ripclawe said:
weird with the new patch everything is tiny when in 1680X1050 resolution. WTF happened?

They changed the UI scaling, just raise it back up.

Does anyone know the specifics of how to set latency tolerance or whatever. That new slider they put in for the ability queue.

Angry Grimace

I like how you get an achievement for logging on during the 6th anniversary. But you didn't do anything at all to get it other than log on.

Angry Grimace

Hmmmm, so what's this on the PTR....

nOVjS.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Aww, he's so cute.

Yup, PTR installed, ready for the world to break! Most played PTR ever I'm guessing if they do throw it on there.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
Aww, he's so cute.

Yup, PTR installed, ready for the world to break! Most played PTR ever I'm guessing if they do throw it on there.
There would be almost no purpose in updating the PTR now if they weren't planning to stress test it on PTR.

He does not roar as of the moment. Just looks around a little bit :lol

McNei1y

zyxwvu4321 said:
On when the Shattering will occur:

My guess: World of Warcraft launched November 23, 2004. And the date of next Tuesday is November 23, 2010. So... seems like a pretty appropriate day to me.

That sounds like an awesome date.

Angry Grimace

McNei1y said:
That sounds like an awesome date.
I doubt it will happen though. Give Blizzard two dates to release something and they will always pick the last one to give themselves more internal testing time.

Angry Grimace

Flib said:
He only roars very rarely on the beta
I have my doubts the one on the beta is any different than the one on the PTR.

Flib

Angry Grimace said:
I have my doubts the one on the beta is any different than the one on the PTR.

I know, I'm just saying it take a while for him to roar, and it's as soft as a kitten :lol

J-Rzez

Welp, they hotfixed lootship and we got our achievements done, so i have the boney-drake mount now. I must say though, I think I like the drake I got from Ulduar more.

Only thing that was cool in the achievements process was zerging Sindy. That was a good time. Everyone DPS'n their ass off, one healing, one tank, til they died. :lol

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
Welp, they hotfixed lootship and we got our achievements done, so i have the boney-drake mount now. I must say though, I think I like the drake I got from Ulduar more.

Only thing that was cool in the achievements process was zerging Sindy. That was a good time. Everyone DPS'n their ass off, one healing, one tank, til they died. :lol
I heard you can trade in your Frostwyrm for a dance studio

Need some help. I am trying to post on the WoW forums for the first time but when it asks me to select a character there is no character to choose even though I have played a few hours with my first character tonight. All there is what I assume is my account number associated with WoW.

Angry Grimace

LovingSteam said:
Need some help. I am trying to post on the WoW forums for the first time but when it asks me to select a character there is no character to choose even though I have played a few hours with my first character tonight. All there is what I assume is my account number associated with WoW.
Well, it's not a good day; they locked the official forums down because they are migrating to a completely new forum literally today.

I must say, I'm not quite sure why people want the "shattering" to come earlier rather than later. Part of the problem is that like 50% of the players are going to want to roll new characters just 1 or 2 weeks later :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Well, it's not a good day; they locked the official forums down because they are migrating to a completely new forum literally today.

I must say, I'm not quite sure why people want the "shattering" to come earlier rather than later. Part of the problem is that like 50% of the players are going to want to roll new characters just 1 or 2 weeks later :lol
I wonder what the best time and server to level on is. I want to experience a lot of leveling/world pvp.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
I wonder what the best time and server to level on is. I want to experience a lot of leveling/world pvp.
Virtually every realm will have 10 billion people on it for the first 3 months, at which point people will start griping

Alex

I went and checked the PTR, it contains the changed dungeon values and nerfs to low level dmg from late beta, which is good, I didn't think it'd go in with the simple unlock patch

notworksafe

Alex said:
Does anyone know the specifics of how to set latency tolerance or whatever. That new slider they put in for the ability queue.
I set it to match my average ping. It's worked well so far and I haven't had any of the timing issues with ability use that I was having before.

Chemo

Heh, I actually just came back to WoW, and have been leveling a main for the past few weeks. I'm just about to hit 40. Everyone's talking about what happens to 80s and new characters, but I'm kind of wondering how things are going to go for my guy who is in the middle of it all. I'm guessing a lot of quests will disappear from my quest log and wherever I log out will probably change... I just wonder how many of the old-world quests have gone away, I guess. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt, regardless.

Flib

LovingSteam said:

I think you have to be level 10 to post, besides the fact that the forums are locking imminently.

New forums are in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

Thanks, for some reason its now working. Also I know this is stupid but my OCD is getting the best of me. This is what my account looks like. My WoW box art is missing even though I'm preordered up to Cataclysm.

Wow.jpg

LovingSteam said:
Thanks, for some reason its now working. Also I know this is stupid but my OCD is getting the best of me. This is what my account looks like. My WoW box art is missing even though I'm preordered up to Cataclysm.

http://d.imagehost.org/0752/Wow.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I think it's just asking you if you want to buy another account. Like for multiboxing. There should be another screen that list the games you have unlocked. Go to the button at the top right that says account and click it to go to your account. Then there should be a boxed display with your games on the right.

Dr. Pangloss said:
I think it's just asking you if you want to buy another account. Like for multiboxing. There should be another screen that list the games you have unlocked. Go to the button at the top right that says account and click it to go to your account. Then there should be a boxed display with your games on the right.

Yea, I have that but my ocd is making me frustrated that the box art for the account I do have isn't showing up. Before I upgraded to Cata it showed Lich King box art and now it doesn't show any. I hate having this type of ocd.

Angry Grimace

A lot of Stormwind looks identical, but with a new coat of paint (i.e. new textures) :lol

Dr. Pangloss said:
Here is what it should look like:

Your Account:

Acct.jpg

WoW Account Selected:

Cata.jpg

Dr. Pangloss,

Yea that part I am good. I just wanted to know if when you first log in to BNet if I am alone. The section that I took the screen shot of, on your account does your WoW Cataclysm box art show up or is it missing like mine?

No, mine shows the WotLK box art under my games. When I click on it, it gives me the option for the community, to upgrade, and then to manage the game. Clicking upgrade takes me to an error page saying I have no accounts that can be upgraded. Clicking on manage games takes me to the picture I posted showing my account. The games I haven't purchase are grayed out like the WoW box art in your picture.

Click on the picture and see what options it gives. I assume its just a bug and wouldn't worry about it.

hamchan

LovingSteam said:
Dr. Pangloss,

Yea that part I am good. I just wanted to know if when you first log in to BNet if I am alone. The section that I took the screen shot of, on your account does your WoW Cataclysm box art show up or is it missing like mine?

Mine is also missing, must be normal then.

edit: ^or not.

hamchan said:
Mine is also missing, must be normal then.

Ok, thanks!

Dr. Pangloss said:
No, mine shows the WotLK box art under my games. When I click on it, it gives me the option for the community, to upgrade, and then to manage the game. Clicking upgrade takes me to an error page saying I have no accounts that can be upgraded. Clicking on manage games takes me to the picture I posted showing my account. The games I haven't purchase are grayed out like the WoW box art in your picture.

Click on the picture and see what options it gives. I assume its just a bug and wouldn't worry about it.

Interesting. Seems like its effect people in different ways. Oh well. Thanks for your help also.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
they need to make the tram from IF to SW not instanced
I'm dying listening to the Worgen NPC accents. They have cockney's as humans but sound like stereotypical gravel voiced villains that say the same things :lol

"Any friend o' greymane's a friend o moyne"

I also found this funnier than it realistically should be:

gURtG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom