• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acidote

So only two more trys for the ZG mounts after farming them for months and months and months. I guess I just won't get any of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
where are the worgen NPC?

the invasions are still happening in the ptr patch too
In the Howling Oak there are Gilnean NPCs and transformed Gilnean Worgen. A lot of stuff is totally different, but honestly just riding around on a level capped character isn't going to work. You'll need to level a character to really notice the differences.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even if you knew it was coming, it's really surprising just how much stuff is different.

Stormwind feels like a different city; like it's the same, but like they put a new one on top of it; i.e. the AH actually is a real AH rather than some guys standing around. When you go to new Auberdine ERRRRRRRRR Lor'danel, you can see that they rearranged Ruth'eran to look totally different.

Even zones that look physically similar have had their textures vastly upgrade so that everything LOOKS Wrath or better.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
noticed a few things

-map shows where alliance and horde FP are
-mailboxes in starting spawn areas
-low level training dummies in spawn areas. don't see any in brill tho..
-there's level 11 orgrimmar theifs that will randomly attack you. saw it in the drag.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
noticed a few things

-map shows where alliance and horde FP are
-mailboxes in starting spawn areas
-low level training dummies in spawn areas. don't see any in brill tho..
-there's level 11 orgrimmar theifs that will randomly attack you. saw it in the drag.
Just in general the graphics are way better too.

I went to Gilneas to look around and there's nothing there except some foxes and mastiff for Hunters to tame. I guess this will just be some sort of RP haven?

I also say some blue flame in the middle of the stone bridge that connects Arathi and Wetlands. I don't know what's up with that. I tried to go to Twilight Highlands but, there's a big closed gate there. Also the whelps that used to drop the red whelp pet are now black dragons. I wonder if they drop the black whelp now.

I also saw some Dark Rangers around Southshore and they looked like they were using Camouflage. I don't know what it should look like but, they used the BE Rogue stealth animation and went into a red colored looking stealth. It looked kind of cool.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Guess I'll go PTR for the week then and dabble with Alliance since I transferred all over onto Horde, and glad that we'll see the Shattering soon.

jersoc

am i reading this thread right? the patch with the cataclysm is on the ptr?

this is a huge file and i don't wanna download for nothing :|

speedpop

Just wait for a week if you don't want to download anything - though I'm not sure if the PTR does download? All of the data has been pre-loaded for weeks already.

Angry Grimace said:
I'm dying listening to the Worgen NPC accents. They have cockney's as humans but sound like stereotypical gravel voiced villains that say the same things :lol

"Any friend o' greymane's a friend o moyne"

I also found this funnier than it realistically should be:

gURtG.jpg

Yeah, I love the worgen/gilneas voices. "get gabbin or get going!!!" < I thought gabbin meant giving a blowjob? Imagine my surprise, when I heard for the first time "no more gabbin for me today":p

Awesome Hogger stuff. Its up there with red t-shirt guy, and the captain placeholder(now in Azherea).

also grimace have you seen male Worgen /cheer < its like a hulk hogan salute. FUCKING AWESOME!:lol

jersoc

well the launcher in the folder is downloading 15 gigs of something lol.

it's a fresh prt. so maybe that's why? otherwise I clearly did something horribly wrong here.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
my live folder is ~21gb and my PTR folder is ~15gb

there's a point where you should be able to click play even tho it's still downloading gigs.

jersoc

DeathNote said:

there's a point where you should be able to click play even tho it's still downloading gigs.

yup, after it got the setup folders. already in. epic(suck it OT thread)

I just wanna toy around with seeing things for a while.

Dunlop

So the priest holy word spell is bugged and it cannot be mapped to a mouseclick
Gunship is broken and unbeatable in ICC (ship will disappear

Luckily guild had a ICC saved that was past gunship so I finally got the ICC mount :D

speedpop

DeathNote said:
not sure how i feel about the tauren paladin mounts

i guess the epic one is cool but don't like the colors
Sunwalker mounts look fucking unreal. But that's coming from someone who rocks out on Kodos already.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
speedpop said:
Sunwalker mounts look fucking unreal. But that's coming from someone who rocks out on Kodos already.
the non epic one sounds hella loud while the epic one whispers little pitty patters

i guess they have the big hunter pet walking sound. dinosaurs and corehounds or whatev

Hixx

Vigilant Walrus said:
Yeah, I love the worgen/gilneas voices. "get gabbin or get going!!!" < I thought gabbin meant giving a blowjob? Imagine my surprise, when I heard for the first time "no more gabbin for me today":p

Awesome Hogger stuff. Its up there with red t-shirt guy, and the captain placeholder(now in Azherea).

also grimace have you seen male Worgen /cheer < its like a hulk hogan salute. FUCKING AWESOME!:lol

'gabbin' = talking

never heard of the phrase 'gift of the gab'?

I go a red fox in WPL. They are pretty sweet even though their ability is a reduced attack speed debuff. Would that even work on a raid boss? They have another ability called play which makes them dance. I did it in Orgrimmar and random people started dancing with it. :)

Troll Druids look cool in bear and cat forms. They still look dumb in Troll form.

Milpool

Acidote said:
So only two more trys for the ZG mounts after farming them for months and months and months. I guess I just won't get any of them.

God, why did I only start farming them last week =(

ZOMG BLIZZURD! WTF NU MRE ZG MNTS! Y DINT YU GIV WRNING! CANCEL NOW PLX!

mclem

Vigilant Walrus said:

Where the heck did you get *that* idea?

speedpop

Orgrimmar makes me weep a man-tear. I was going to race change my Shaman to a Dwarf, but I shall keep him an Orc and just create another Shaman.

theultimo

Whats the best way to grind lower city rep to honored? I am missing only 1 key for the key master achievement, and want to get it before they make it a feat.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hogger : Forest just setback! :lol

Blizzard sure love what they did with Kaelthas huh? Aren't the blood princes in ICC saying that setback line too?

speedpop

theultimo said:
Whats the best way to grind lower city rep to honored? I am missing only 1 key for the key master achievement, and want to get it before they make it a feat.
Danoss said:
Just grind out some of the Auchindoun dungeons like Sethekk Halls.

Or hand in Arrakoa feathers, even if you buy them from the AH.

speedpop

I can't believe there are people crying over the Sunwalker mount. Oh wait a minute, I fucking can, because WoW is filled with manbaby dickheads.

P.S. Best Kodo mount since the Black War PVP mount and they weep over it!? Fuck off. (P.P.S. Brewfest Kodo doesn't count.)

Flib

speedpop said:
Orgrimmar makes me weep a man-tear. I was going to race change my Shaman to a Dwarf, but I shall keep him an Orc and just create another Shaman.

It's so good, wait till you fly around it.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
DeathNote said:

Your cache folder must be huge.

My live folder is 11gb.

edit: my cache folder just jumped up 6gb with the launcher.

Is there any kind of award or achievement for the (pre)Cataclysm quests besides Tripping the Rifts?

i.e. is there any reason I should do all those running around SW and Mirror Lake quests on multiple toons?

Tamanon

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Is there any kind of award or achievement for the (pre)Cataclysm quests besides Tripping the Rifts?

i.e. is there any reason I should do all those running around SW and Mirror Lake quests on multiple toons?

Rep, that's it.

McNei1y

Dammit Blizz... I just downloaded the PTR and copied 3 characters. I'm swamped with work but now I'm going to spend time on this PTR... :D :D :D

Would be totally awesome if the Shattering happened on the 23rd. Have an exam on the 23rd, and coming home to the Shattering would be the best thing ever.

Milpool said:
God, why did I only start farming them last week =(

ZOMG BLIZZURD! WTF NU MRE ZG MNTS! Y DINT YU GIV WRNING! CANCEL NOW PLX!

I told you guys this would happen! You didn't listen! You didn't listen!
:lol :lol :lol

=P

The Lamonster said:

There will be one but it's also a part of Cataclysm too. Getting killed by Deathwing when he destroys a zone gives you an achievement.

Last night as my guild and I were doing the weekly raid quest, we get a HUGE block of system messages saying something about a realm first. <Apples>, a very large raiding guild on Horde side, defeated the Lich King in 25 man heroic mode for the first time on our server. We finished our weekly and ported back to Dalaran to find their group slowing walking around Dal with their Light of Dawn titles. And in the middle of them walking around, someone defeated Algalon. So this huge group of Horde is walking around while lightning is shooting up to starry, night sky. It was pretty damn awesome.

One of our guild mates jumped to Horde side to congratulate them. The guy he talked to was the winner of Invincible and he said they had been working on Lich King for the past 2 months. Major props for them.

HarryDemeanor said:
There will be one but it's also a part of Cataclysm too. Getting killed by Deathwing when he destroys a zone gives you an achievement.
Crazy, I had never heard of this. Are there going to be repeating phased events in each zone or something?

The Lamonster said:
Crazy, I had never heard of this. Are there going to be repeating phased events in each zone or something?

Nope, once the Shattering occurs, he'll start attacking random zones and burn everything in his path including players and npcs. That's all there is to it.

HarryDemeanor said:
Nope, once the Shattering occurs, he'll start attacking random zones and burn everything in his path including players and npcs. That's all there is to it.
That sounds awesome. So maybe I'll just be doing my thing, then see a giant dragon approaching from the distance, only to destroy us all. :D

Flib

The Lamonster said:
That sounds awesome. So maybe I'll just be doing my thing, then see a giant dragon approaching from the distance, only to destroy us all. :D

It's fun...I was questing in the Twilight Highlands, suddenly the sky turns red and I hear deathwing yelling about the end of the world, and then I'm dead.

Tamanon

Banned
So, first thing that leaps out at me. The newbie quests finally reward a minor amount of copper, enough so you can actually afford your first few skills and professions as opposed to having to rely on drops. Not as many grey drops, seems balanced more around making money while leveling with questing instead.

Flib said:
It's fun...I was questing in the Twilight Highlands, suddenly the sky turns red and I hear deathwing yelling about the end of the world, and then I'm dead.
Let me guess...voice of Chris Metzen, right? :lol

Flib said:
So what exactly happens when he destroys a zone? Is there an amount of time where you can't quest there?

Flib

SnakeswithLasers said:
So what exactly happens when he destroys a zone? Is there an amount of time where you can't quest there?

It's not the whole zone, just part of a zone. The sky just randomly turns red, you see him flying around and then flames pop up and you die. The flames stick around for a couple of minutes.

Weird thing is that if you're flying at the time, you won't die, and if you land and try to die in the flames it won't affect you. I guess because they want it tied to an achievement.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can't wait to see Deathwing randomly appear in a zone and see how the general chat reacts. :lol

[1. General] [Qwerty]: oh my gawd
[XKnightard]: have mercy lord of death
[Gnomeater]: save me jebus
[Sephirote]: HAHAHAHA DIE DIE DIE DIE
[Mootree]: lolwut
[Mesmashyou]: were all gonna die! yay party!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Anyone been getting this:
"
Failed to open archive Data/wow-update-oldworld-13154.MPQ. Missing or corrupted data."

Error since the latest patch? I can't do shit, tried fixes and nothin.

EDIT: Gah, just disabled Proxifier when i started WoW and it was able to get what it needed. Crisis averted.

Tamanon

Banned
Cindres said:
Anyone been getting this:
"
Failed to open archive Data/wow-update-oldworld-13154.MPQ. Missing or corrupted data."

Error since the latest patch? I can't do shit, tried fixes and nothin.

You have to uninstall any old PTR you had, and redownload it.

lordmrw

Tamanon said:
So, first thing that leaps out at me. The newbie quests finally reward a minor amount of copper, enough so you can actually afford your first few skills and professions as opposed to having to rely on drops. Not as many grey drops, seems balanced more around making money while leveling with questing instead.

Thank christ. When I first started playing I remember having to wait to buy my skills. Then I was inhumanly lucky to get a drop that sold for 50 gold in time to buy my mount back when you needed to be level 30 and it cost 30 gold for the training + 8 gold for the mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom