• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
shintoki said:
I have to admit, there isn't a much better feeling than knowing your known(Specifically for being awesome:lol ). After I dropped out of my second guild for supposedly being a selfish bitch. Ended up getting invites for nearly every other major guild at the time. All but one still wanted me after I told them I didn't use vent or mods. :lol
They must have been dreadfull guilds

Flib

Sciz said:
I was wondering about that when they showed up in the launch achievements.

Wasn't there supposed to be a second Abyssal Maw dungeon, though?

It's apparently been cancelled, unfortunately. No official word on it, sort of like what happened to the second dungeon in Drak'Theron, but it doesn't exist.

J-Rzez

Rapstah said:
Considering Arugal was ressurected or something for WOTLK and that Cataclysm takes place after WOTLK, they'd have to change SFK to something else. That Deadmines is getting a change is known since months back.

Yeah, you have to kill his "shade" in a regular world quest. He was a 75-ish elite if I remember correctly in grizzly hills. It's amazing how many people never did that quest though from talking to them. But yeah, you'd think they'd have to put a new person in his place, then again, maybe he'll just get rez'd again. Happened before.

J-Rzez said:
Yeah, you have to kill his "shade" in a regular world quest. He was a 75-ish elite if I remember correctly in grizzly hills. It's amazing how many people never did that quest though from talking to them. But yeah, you'd think they'd have to put a new person in his place, then again, maybe he'll just get rez'd again. Happened before.

Isn't that entire tower a group questing spot? I've skipped it while leveling in Grizzley because no one was there to do it with me (If I'm thinking of the right spot).

Flib

J-Rzez said:

The boss is now a guy named Lord Godfrey. "Captain" Cookie is now the last boss of Deadmines. Stockade has Hogger and a Fire Elemental.

Flib

funkmastergeneral said:
Isn't that entire tower a group questing spot? I've skipped it while leveling in Grizzley because no one was there to do it with me (If I'm thinking of the right spot).

You can solo all these, they're fun and you get turned into a worgen randomly while doing them.

Any word on what the "big" Cata raid will be, along the lines of Kara/Naxx/Ulduar/ICC/etc? Looks like it's shipping with a few raids.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Any word on what the "big" Cata raid will be, along the lines of Kara/Naxx/Ulduar/ICC/etc? Looks like it's shipping with a few raids.
I see this on wowwiki: "The Throne of the Four Winds, along with Bastion of Twilight and Blackwing Descent, is meant to be the "Naxxramas" of Cataclysm: an entry level raiding."

Flib

PhoenixDark said:

We have no idea yet, except they haven't ruled out having a big raid. They do want to have more raids in general, which I support.

The only other raids we know about are The Firelands (Sulfuron Keep?) and the Caverns of Time: War of the Ancients raids

Yazus

Flib said:
We have no idea yet, except they haven't ruled out having a big raid. They do want to have more raids in general, which I support.

The only other raids we know about are The Firelands (Sulfuron Keep?) and the Caverns of Time: War of the Ancients raids

Uldum raid is also confirmed. Also Abyssal Maw is probably shipping bound with Firelands as elemental themed content patch. COT: War of the Ancient also is going to be a major content patch.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Just got into the beta but it looks like the servers are down. Got my hopes all up.

Entropia

No One Remembers
2nhnhcl.jpg

...lul

Sciz

funkmastergeneral said:
Shaman are getting a cosmetic ghost wolf update with a new glyph, Arctic Wolf. Finally.
Eh. Same model, different texture. This is the really interesting stuff:

* Chain Heal - Increases healing done by your Chain Heal spell to targets beyond the first by 15%, but decreases the amount received by the initial target by 10%.
* Elemental Mastery - While your Elemental Mastery ability is active, you take 20% less damage from all sources.
* Ghost Wolf - Your Ghost Wolf form grants an additional 10% movement speed.
* Healing Stream Totem - Your Healing Stream Totem also increases the Fire, Frost, and Nature resistance of party and raid members within 30 yards by 150.
* Lightning Shield - Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges from dealing damage to attackers.
* Grounding Totem *New* - When your Grounding Totem absorbs a spell, it attempts to reflect that spell on its caster, but the cooldown of your Grounding Totem is increased by 45 sec.
* Shamanistic Rage *New* - Activating your Shamanistic Rage ability also cleanses you of all dispellable Magic debuffs.
Hot damn.

firex

I'll never get that unless I go back and redo all guild ranks and shit in my guild, and recruit some people to play and basically spend way more time playing WoW than I want to just so I can be an active GM. because my guild is just me and my 2 friends I've been gaming with since Starcraft 1.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
firex said:
I'll never get that unless I go back and redo all guild ranks and shit in my guild, and recruit some people to play and basically spend way more time playing WoW than I want to just so I can be an active GM. because my guild is just me and my 2 friends I've been gaming with since Starcraft 1.
Your guild is 3 ppl? Join another.

firex said:

Learn the wonders of chat channels! Especially with the new RealID ones. Waaaay back in early MC I was with a group who wanted to stay small and raid as a coalition with other small guilds. Never works out. Find a guild to raid in and auto attack while chit chatting in channels.

I think I've had RoguesOnly on since Blackwing Lair :3

Nymerio

DeathNote said:

Why? Our guild is also just about 5 people. We don't really care about raiding and just play to have some fun. If one of us wants to raid, we just do a pug, or have an alt in some raiding guild.

mclem

Nymerio said:
Why? Our guild is also just about 5 people. We don't really care about raiding and just play to have some fun. If one of us wants to raid, we just do a pug, or have an alt in some raiding guild.

Well, given the original commenter was pointing out how he wouldn't be able to get guild raid rewards because he can't do guild raids currently, it does seem that the two options would be to either fill in the gaps to do guild raids, or not get those rewards. Both are perfectly valid play options.

firex

DeathNote said:
fuck that, I'm not abandoning my friends just so I can get guild achievements.

all I'm saying is I won't get those guild raid achievements since I choose to play in a small guild. unless they decide to accommodate super small guilds by making it so a majority of members in the guild are in the same raid (like if your guild is 5 people and 4/5 are in a pug) also get guild achievements.

and we did use chat channels for awhile when one guy joined a raiding guild on his main so he could see some content, but then he got tired of staying up late every night to raid and not being able to play l4d2 or alien swarm or whatever other non-WoW games we might play together when we want.

I'm not complaining about the system, but I'm just saying it's an easy achievement for most guilds, but not for small friends-only guilds and that's fine.

also if you guys didn't notice from my previous post, I'm the GM of this guild. I could pass it on to an alt of mine so I can keep guild control, but again, I really don't want to spend a bunch more time raiding and stuff. plus living in Japan means raiding at PST is a clusterfuck of planning.

Aesthet1c

Man I effing HATE Sindragosa.

Does anyone who has her on farm care to share any advice? What your guild's strategy is? How do you handle phase 3?

We have been stuck on her for weeks now. We can get her to 35% without any issues, in fact, up until 35% the fight is a breeze. Then we hit 35% and everything turns into a massive shit storm. We've tried multiple strategies for handling the ice blocking, and regardless of what we try, we still have issues.

FLEABttn

Banned
Aesthet1c said:

Does anyone who has her on farm care to share any advice? What your guild's strategy is? How do you handle phase 3?

We have been stuck on her for weeks now. We can get her to 35% without any issues, in fact, up until 35% the fight is a breeze. Then we hit 35% and everything turns into a massive shit storm. We've tried multiple strategies for handling the ice blocking, and regardless of what we try, we still have issues.

Make sure everyone has boss mods. Whoever gets the first mark moves left, people break them out. Whoever gets the next one moves right, people break them out. Call if you need a block to stay up longer for a tank to get their stacks off. If someone has the mark and isn't moving, start calling them out on it over vent. And not after the fact, during. Get the ones who have the mark and don't move aware of this.

You also might have better luck with one tank who has massive frost resist from gear tanking phase 3 and the other tank is just there to pick up Sindragosa while the MT clears his stacks. Made a huge difference for us.

Aesthet1c

FLEABttn said:
Make sure everyone has boss mods. Whoever gets the first mark moves left, people break them out. Whoever gets the next one moves right, people break them out. Call if you need a block to stay up longer for a tank to get their stacks off. If someone has the mark and isn't moving, start calling them out on it over vent. And not after the fact, during. Get the ones who have the mark and don't move aware of this.

You also might have better luck with one tank who has massive frost resist from gear tanking phase 3 and the other tank is just there to pick up Sindragosa while the MT clears his stacks. Made a huge difference for us.

That sounds easy enough, but my guild apparently thinks its rocket science. We have the first person to get marked stands by the front leg, the second person stands by the back leg, and we just rotate that way. We have our melee dps on the blocks and our ranged dps on the boss. Both myself (the MT) and the OT have over 500 FR and trade the boss when the ice block is on the back leg (so that I can remove my stacks on the next block that will be by the front leg). Our main issue is just dumb mistakes. People moving too late or not at all (and blocking 1-2 extra people), melee dps going in too early (and getting blocked with the marked person), people going too far forward on the front leg and taking the cleave or going too far back on the back leg and taking a tail swipe.

So i don't know.. I guess we just either need more practice, or I have a few guildies that are just too dumb to understand this fight.

Aurarian

Man, I don't think I'm ever gonna get a new shield. We did heroic lootship on ICC 10 man and that shield didn't drop again. In fact, no tank loot dropped the entire run last night. I've been stuck with Wall of Terror for over an year now. Maybe if we can get Blood Queen on heroic 25 down tonight...

Swag

Aurarian said:
Man, I don't think I'm ever gonna get a new shield. We did heroic lootship on ICC 10 man and that shield didn't drop again. In fact, no tank loot dropped the entire run last night. I've been stuck with Wall of Terror for over an year now. Maybe if we can get Blood Queen on heroic 25 down tonight...

At least your shield looks cool?

Aesthet1c

Aurarian said:

I feel your pain man. I MT for our guild (just 10 man) and I have the lowest gear score out of our regulars. We've also been raiding ICC for like 3 months or so now, and have yet to ever see the shield drop from gunship, although that caster dagger drops every other week...

Aurarian said:

Yea I feel you. Took me forever to get Neverending Winter; I've had it for awhile and expect to have it for much longer lol.

Just another ICC complaint for tanks :(

notworksafe

HarryDemeanor said:
Awesome thanks. Hopefully I win myself a key. For some reason though when I sign up it kicks me a blank page with no confirmation. Does that mean it went through correctly?
Same happened to me...I'm hoping it went through.

notworksafe

Luckily I put in a fake address and my spam email...just in case. So perhaps a Dominos Pizza is going to be getting a lot of junk mail and phone calls. :D

FLEABttn

Banned
Aesthet1c said:
That sounds easy enough, but my guild apparently thinks its rocket science. We have the first person to get marked stands by the front leg, the second person stands by the back leg, and we just rotate that way. We have our melee dps on the blocks and our ranged dps on the boss. Both myself (the MT) and the OT have over 500 FR and trade the boss when the ice block is on the back leg (so that I can remove my stacks on the next block that will be by the front leg). Our main issue is just dumb mistakes. People moving too late or not at all (and blocking 1-2 extra people), melee dps going in too early (and getting blocked with the marked person), people going too far forward on the front leg and taking the cleave or going too far back on the back leg and taking a tail swipe.

So i don't know.. I guess we just either need more practice, or I have a few guildies that are just too dumb to understand this fight.

If they can't handle themselves, you need someone on vent who can handle their job and get people to move when they need to. If your guild is the kind where fault is blameless and everyone did their best, that needs to chance. Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Aurarian

I've only been back for a month now, but before I left in January, I was having terrible luck getting the shields from ToC 10/25. Either someone else got it or it didn't drop. Even the other tanks make fun of me because of it.:lol

ampere

funkmastergeneral said:
Shaman are getting a cosmetic ghost wolf update with a new glyph, Arctic Wolf. Finally.
It looks awesome, and I love the new glyphs we're getting :D

I beat my guild's top dps last night on BQ H10 because I got bit first :lol
Lava burst ftw?

Aesthet1c said:

What is your group's dps quality? If it's pretty good you can just have one tank wear frost resist gear and never clear his stacks.

We just one tank the fight (gonna have to two tank for the achievement at some point though) and have marked people alternate right and left side on the ground near the stairs. Of course if someone gets marked and doesn't have time to make it back to the other side they just move out of the way a little.

Everyone else stands in the middle of my totems at the middle spot at the base of the stairs. Healers and dps should clear their frost buffet at 6 or 7 stacks to be safe.

Basically, take it slow, it's not a race, make sure players have DBM (deadly boss mods) installed and call out who will get ice blocked over vent for security. I understand it can be tricky at first, we wiped a handful of times when we first saw her.

JesseZao

notworksafe said:
Luckily I put in a fake address and my spam email...just in case. So perhaps a Dominos Pizza is going to be getting a lot of junk mail and phone calls. :D

I looked up an address for some nice apartments in the UK. There was a note with the phone number that said not to use it for marketing purposes....oops? :D

falastini

How far is the beta now? Last I checked, it looked like all the zones were implemented, and most of the classes changes finished. I'm sure they need to do some tweaking, but not so much to avoid a holiday release.

So any thoughts on a release date? I'm guessing another mid-November release, with the announcement just before FFXIV releases. They seem to enjoy making their announcements to coincide with competition.:lol

Tacitus_

Aesthet1c said:

Here's Sindra: -|-----|--

She's facing left from the stairs. When you get the first ice block, bring it to her front legs, about 10-15 yards away from her body (so the LOS doesn't bug out). Have people clear stacks. The second ice cube will go near her hind legs.Pop the first cube and have people clear stacks behind the second.

Repeat until she keels over. Work on communication, especially when your tank needs to clear stacks or your healers get blocked / get the caster debuff. Tanks should use at least a bit of FR gear (personally I run 3pc FR gear because the breath hits so hard).

Tacitus_

yacobod said:
with the 30% buff, geared tanks dont have to use FR gear anymore

You didn't have to wear FR gear before (other than HCs), but having full or 50% resists on a 30k (10m) or 40k (25) breath helps a lot, not to mention you can sit in Blistering Cold fairly comfortably.

Aurarian

So I was wondering about something. How much rep can you get theoretically in a ICC run? I get an average of 7k rep or so when we clear three wings. I'm almost 11k into exalted and I'm hoping I can hit it tonight so I can finally get my 277 ring.

Fularu

Banned
yacobod said:
with the 30% buff, geared tanks dont have to use FR gear anymore
I tanked and killed her hardmode with the 5% buff without wearing a single piece of FR gear

As a tank, you just need ot get out of the ice blast when she ports everyone and you're fine.

falastini said:
How far is the beta now? Last I checked, it looked like all the zones were implemented, and most of the classes changes finished. I'm sure they need to do some tweaking, but not so much to avoid a holiday release.

So any thoughts on a release date? I'm guessing another mid-November release, with the announcement just before FFXIV releases. They seem to enjoy making their announcements to coincide with competition.:lol

Announcement at Blizzcon, LATE December earliest. I'm still floored that ICC's going to be the top raid instance for over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom