• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door2Dawn

Banned
New Cataclysm Launcher

downloader.png

Retro

Sadly, I have to agree. I'd come up with enough scratch for a cat before I'd pony up $25 for a sparkly horse. Of course, that also means every fucking scrub with access to his mom's credit card would have one too, instantly rendering the ZG Tiger uncool.

Edit: My brother and I farmed ZG every week for the Raptor and Tiger for a stretch of about 4 months. We both obtained Raptors fairly early, but the Tiger simply refused to drop. We gave up on it a while ago.

Ive been farming the ZG tiger for more than a year with no luck yet, if they remove ZG without me on that tiger i'll cry. :lol

JesseZao

Just let go. The game is more fun without the obsessive collecting. I think those mounts are cool if you got them back when they were being run as end-game raids. Farming for them is lame.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
JesseZao said:
Just let go. The game is more fun without the obsessive collecting. I think those mounts are cool if you got them back when they were being run as end-game raids. Farming for them is lame.
Sounds like someone can't solo or duo the bosses in ZG.

I like the challenge of soloing old bosses. I know other classes like bear druids roflstomp them but, it is kind of challenging as a Rogue. I got High Priest, Anzu, and Attumen on solo farm now.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
I like the challenge of soloing old bosses. I know other classes like bear druids roflstomp them but, it is kind of challenging as a Rogue. I got High Priest, Anzu, and Attumen on solo farm now.
NO. You can't have fun killing a boss every few days.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Anzu is the only mount worth farming. I would kill for that mount on my mage... pity my main is a mage and not a druid.

shintoki said:
Anzu is the only mount worth farming. I would kill for that mount on my mage... pity my main is a mage and not a druid.

I'm farming it for my Rogue. I make a raid with my Rogue and my Druid, go in on my Rogue, log in on another window, and go in on my druid. If I see my Rogue still standing there then I did it right. Then I just clear it on my Rogue, do the same thing I did to go to summon with the druid then switch and kill it on my Rogue.

Ashodin

Went to ICC25 tonight - jesus christ the loot master had personal problems or some shit because he kept making people wait after killing bosses to get loot. I lost a roll on the Bryntroll, but I won the neck off of Lady Deathwhisper the next fight, then get this - we broke up because he was fucking people over. :lol

At least I got loot!

CassSept

speedpop said:
Everyone knows that you're not hardcore until you get the Wintersaber mount anyway.
That's impossible because that means you're alliance! Har Har.

I better break this news to a friend of mine. He has been farming the tiger mount since Vanilla and still hasn't gotten it. He even has it on his alt but he can't get it at all on his main:lol

Cipherr

God for some reason this cracked me up:

Uther: Glad I could make it, Arthas.

Arthas: I watch my tone with you, old man. I may be the prince, but you're still my superior as a paladin.

Uther: As if you could forget. Yes Arthas, there's something about the plague I should know. ...Oh no, it's already begun. These people may look fine now, but it's only a matter of time before they turn into the Undead!

Arthas: What?!

Uther: This entire city must be purged.

Arthas: How can I even consider that? There's got to be some other way.

Uther: Damn it, Arthas! As my future king, order me to purge this city!

Arthas: I am not your king yet, old man. Nor should you obey that command even if I were.

Uther: Then you must consider this an act of treason.

Arthas: Treason?! Have I lost my mind, Uther?

Uther: Have you? Prince Arthas, by right of succession and the sovereignty of your crown, you must hereby relieve me of my command, and suspend my paladins from service.

Jaina: Uther! He can't just--

Uther: It's done! Those of you who have the will to save this land, follow him. The rest of you... get out of his sight.

Arthas: I've just crossed a terrible threshold, Uther.

Jaina: ...Arthas?

Arthas: I'm sorry, Jaina. You can't watch me do this.

I hope the Zulian tiger is still obtainable in one way shape or form, that is probably one of the coolest ground mounts available to the horde. I've farmed it a bit but had no luck :(

Soo my guild imploded. Couple nights ago a raid was canceled due to the guild leader having to care for his sick cousin, and the knives came out. Eventually two camps formed: some folks believed our fuck ups on Sindragosa proved we needed to work on our mechanics, therefore a heroic ToC run would be a good idea to test people out. Other folks argued we were failing because of poor gear and needed to focus on bosses that dropped upgrades for people.

From what I saw, mechanics were the problem. It's Fall 2010, most WoW raiders have good ICC gear by now. But I played diplomat and said why not do both things and see what's up. I signed off shortly afterward. Signed back on last night to find the guild was gone lol, and members of the premier guild on our server (alliance side at least) sent tells asking what my plans were.

Coincidentally my sub ran out today lol, maybe it's a sign to take another break. I'll probably resub though. Raiding got me interested in the game again

Yaweee

Interesting change that they just made ZG a quest zone. It's kind of a shame to see major boss fights outright deleted.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
PhoenixDark said:
members of the premier guild on our server (alliance side at least) sent tells asking what my plans were.
I have to admit, there isn't a much better feeling than knowing your known(Specifically for being awesome:lol ). After I dropped out of my second guild for supposedly being a selfish bitch. Ended up getting invites for nearly every other major guild at the time. All but one still wanted me after I told them I didn't use vent or mods. :lol

yacobod

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
members of the premier guild on our server (alliance side at least) sent tells asking what my plans were.

not to sound like a dick, but what kind of backwater server are you on?

notworksafe

I suppose it makes sense if they are turning it into a Troll based quest area. I am surprised that ZG is getting removed and not MC, however.

LowParry

shintoki said:
I have to admit, there isn't a much better feeling than knowing your known(Specifically for being awesome:lol ). After I dropped out of my second guild for supposedly being a selfish bitch. Ended up getting invites for nearly every other major guild at the time. All but one still wanted me after I told them I didn't use vent or mods. :lol

You must die a lot in fires.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
I suppose it makes sense if they are turning it into a Troll based quest area. I am surprised that ZG is getting removed and not MC, however.

Due to popular and overwhelming fan request, we at Blizzard are happy to announce that ZG is now a 5-man heroic! Face the trolls on their own, deadly ground, and terms. It'll take the heartiest of adventurer to unlock the secrets of ZG, again. /Blizzard

ZOMG, that is amazing!!! You guys are the best you know that right? /brainwashed wow fans

In other words, if it's being "removed", it's probably actually be reworked into something else.

notworksafe

Yeah, it was announced that it's going to be a quest zone.

WoWWiki said:
In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Zul'Gurub will become a freely accessible subzone of Northern Stranglethorn, offering level 30-35 quests given by Zanzil the Outcast amongst others.

It'd be sweet if it came with a 5 man to finish clearing out the dregs of the Hakkar cult, though.

shintoki said:

you must be a healer. ugh i hate people like this

yacobod said:
not to sound like a dick, but what kind of backwater server are you on?

Ravenholdt. So yea, it's been one of the worst alliance servers since its creation :lol

But yea, being well respected and building a solid reputation over years is a good feeling, albeit nerdy. I've been tanking since Deadmines, and it's cool running into people you did vanilla, BC, and early WotLK stuff with.

J-Rzez

Many mods are overrated. The only ones that I really like are some of them that clean up the UI, atlas loot, and gatherer. DBM is alright sometimes, specifically for timers. Other than those, there's nothing I really like. Switching to DPS I just use the in-game threat meter anymore, so I got rid of Omen. Many mods cause more trouble than they're worth, with memory leaks, bugs, lock ups, etc.

Vent on the other hand is a must, not for coordination, but more so for not being bored out of your mind just staring at a screen slicing away.

PhoenixDark said:
Ravenholdt. So yea, it's been one of the worst alliance servers since its creation :lol

But yea, being well respected and building a solid reputation over years is a good feeling, albeit nerdy. I've been tanking since Deadmines, and it's cool running into people you did vanilla, BC, and early WotLK stuff with.

Myself and guildmates are in the same boat. 25man guilds will try to nab some of us if we're bored to fill in some spots for their raids, and switch up their raid to open roll instead of their other systems, and we hear no complaints. Or, they'll give us discounts on profs if we need, mostly for free.

So yeah, it's nice having a good reputation on your server sometimes.

J-Rzez

funkmastergeneral said:
Hmm? Was there doubt they wouldn't be available on release day?

Yes, they said before they'd be "down the road" and not at launch, as it takes lots of time to increase the HP and DMG of mobs in those places.

But, Blizzard is amazing, and somehow pulled it off!

Flib said:
They announced at the press event it wouldn't.

That's ridiculous, unless they plan on completely redoing the instances. Different layout, mobs, and bosses maybe, but if it's an update like Onyxia that seems really, really easy.

notworksafe

I believe they are being fully redone with new bosses and such. I know the final boss of VC is going to be VanCleef's daughter.

Rapstah

Considering Arugal was ressurected or something for WOTLK and that Cataclysm takes place after WOTLK, they'd have to change SFK to something else. That Deadmines is getting a change is known since months back.

Sciz

I was wondering about that when they showed up in the launch achievements.

Wasn't there supposed to be a second Abyssal Maw dungeon, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom