• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Magnus said:
Listening to the soundtrack; some real gems on here, particularly the remixed versions of old tracks, especially Stormwind.

Nothing as mind-blowing as Storm Peaks was two (TWO!) years ago.

I really like the night elves & Tanaris one. My favorite ones i would say. Orgrimmar is pretty good. Same with the music in Elwynn.

They're all pretty good. It's when a classic 2004 music start after a new 2010 one that you realize how much better they are now. :p

Magnus

Bisnic said:
I really like the night elves & Tanaris one. My favorite ones i would say. Orgrimmar is pretty good. Same with the music in Elwynn.

They're all pretty good. It's when a classic 2004 music start after a new 2010 one that you realize how much better they are now. :p

Yeah, exactly! Stormwind starts out now with a haunting, kind of tragic version of its old music, which is beautiful. As soon as that track's done, the old one kicks in, and it's jarringly different. :D

funkmastergeneral said:
I'm really enjoying the music that I encounter in Goblin/Gnome areas and on the riverboat in Thousand Needles
Unrelated, but I've always thought that the Icecrown zone has the worst music in the game. I cringe every time I'm flying through that area. Not sure that Wrath music was real popular to begin with, though. I still like the vanilla wow loading screen music. May be my favorite.

Magnus

I agree, hated Icecrown's music. And yeah, I loved the old loading screen music tracks. I kind of wish it randomly picked one each time we logged on. BC's was great back in the day. I think I've actually forgotten what the original one sounded like beginning to end. To youtube!

Evlar

Banned
I really liked most of Wrath's music at release, and I still like it despite however many hundreds of hours listening to it. Unfortunately the track I liked least from the start is the one we were subject to the most frequently: the Dalaran music. Storm Peaks, Grizzly Hills, Dragonblight, Howling Fjord- all great tracks.

Magnus

ultron87 said:
Darnassus has some nice music that kicks in when you're in the Temple of the Moon. No idea if it plays anywhere else, that's just where I remember hearing it.

Edit: 1:20 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaJrDePWHwc&feature=related

Wow....this is just in Cataclysm right? I'm seriously going to have to take a tour of the old world today or something. That's beautiful.

And awww, Evlar, that one triumphant introductory piece of music at the start of Dalaran's theme is so awesome! I love hearing it every time. :D

ultron87

*listens to Storm Peaks*

Wow, I did not remember this being that good.

I also really loved the Nagrand music. It combined with the incredible skybox of that zone gives off such a good atmosphere.

ultron87 said:
*listens to Storm Peaks*

Wow, I did not remember this being that good.

I also really loved the Nagrand music. It combined with the incredible skybox of that zone gives off such a good atmosphere.
Nagrand is awesome. I used to go fly up to random platforms and just hang out there while eating or smoking weed :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ultron87 said:
Teaching my newbie friends what to roll on is going to be interesting. I first taught them that "you should greed unless it's an upgrade" but unfortunately I didn't quite ram home what an upgrade would be for them.

When my friend playing a hunter greeded on a Armor of the Fang I literally facepalmed.

Thankfully it isn't a big deal, since we are tearing through the levels with triple xp and will get better gear very soon.
Sounds like he's learning what hunters roll on perfectly.

(That isn't that bad for a hunter other than the set bonus, which no one will ever get)

ultron87

Angry Grimace said:
Sounds like he's learning what hunters roll on perfectly.

(That isn't that bad for a hunter other than the set bonus, which no one will ever get)

I'm saying she should've rolled Need on it. Not that greeding was bad.

Sciz

Bleh, default music. Even the new stuff is largely too downtempo for being music that's played all the time over and over. The period of time between 4.0 being released and Soundtrack being updated was agonizing.

Sciz said:
Bleh, default music. Even the new stuff is largely too downtempo for being music that's played all the time over and over. The period of time between 4.0 being released and Soundtrack being updated was agonizing.
um this is awesome. I am going to spend way too much time at home this weekend customizing this :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ok so further woes, i decided to plump up and buy wow, brilliant, got the one month subscription. I pay, things are great and i log onto wow to find my list of accounts, there are 3

wow1 which is a trial 10 day account i havent touched
wow2 which is the account me and my friend had been power leveling through
wow3 which appears to be the new account i have which is unlocked

You can see the obvious problem, my character is on wow2 D:, now can i move that fucker over to wow3 or do i have to man up and power level again?

notworksafe

Mr Cola said:
Ok so further woes, i decided to plump up and buy wow, brilliant, got the one month subscription. I pay, things are great and i log onto wow to find my list of accounts, there are 3

wow1 which is a trial 10 day account i havent touched
wow2 which is the account me and my friend had been power leveling through
wow3 which appears to be the new account i have which is unlocked

You can see the obvious problem, my character is on wow2 D:, now can i move that fucker over to wow3 or do i have to man up and power level again?
If WoW2 and WoW3 are registered to the same name, then yes. You just have to call Blizzard and they will move your character.

Otherwise, you're out of luck.

Manus

Sciz said:

Yeah I don't play with sounds on at all. I'm always either listening to iTunes or in Ventrillo chat.

J-Rzez

Alright got this out of the way...

"Complete Quests" in quest log but don't turn in.
Log on when level cap is increased.
Turn in complete quests.
Get a small jump on the XP game.

:)

Carm

funkmastergeneral said:
Leveling up shouldn't be a race.

Blizzard made it a race by leaving in Realm First! class achievements. I know I wouldn't be rushing to get to 85 if they had remove. I wish they did remove them, I about killed myself getting realm first on my deathknight in wrath.

Alex

A worthless achievement, how compelling, that's certainly worth ruining your schedule, health and turning the game into tedium for.

I may be a bit smarmy, but I just don't get the state of mind with straight forward achievements like that at all. Achievements that create new mechanics and offer rewards, sure, I had fun getting the Red Proto back in early Wrath among other things and I'd love to see more games actually attempt worthwhile achievement systems like that, but e-peen shit is lost on me, because it really isn't impressive in any way.

J-Rzez

funkmastergeneral said:

Faster I get to 85, the faster I get to grind gear for PVE and PVP, grind professions, make gold, etc. So yes, it's a personal race for me to experience the main-course of the expansion. I couldn't care less about those people sharing accounts to level up realm firsts.

Magnus

I'm going to race to 85, but just because I want to be strong and see everything as quickly as possible, not for a line of text that tells me I did it first that no one will care about a day later. :)

Milpool

Sciz said:

Totally using 'Albatross' by Fleetwood Mac for flight paths, and M:I theme for stealth.

Speaking of music I've only heard this tune about twice last year, but I stuck around to listen to it whenever it came on. It's one of the tunes from Argent Tourny grounds, especially the section at 6:12. I think it reminds me of another game or film maybe.

notworksafe

Level professions. Heroics will just get you gear you'll quickly replace or small amounts of Justice Points that you'll be swimming in before too long.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Awww... all you guys worrying about having to install the data when you get home, and instead want to just jump right into it. I welcome the install, as I have nothing to do for 3 hours waiting for the servers to get flipped on after I buy the game. Who am I kidding, I'll be sleeping, passed out from drinking too much before the servers online. Blizzard's giving me an alcohol problem. I won't sue them if they get that dance studio out.
The servers were on at 12 when Wrath launched.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
Blizz already stated they'll be enabling the Cata stuff at 12 PST, so 3 AM EST.:(
Oh okay, I figured he was worried they wouldn't work like they do on typical patch days.

ampere

funkmastergeneral said:
I agree, when a new expansion comes out, it's an epic adventure to the new level cap.

But, to each their own~

I can't decide what to make my main alt (don't want to manage more than 2 characters at level cap).
Resto Shaman (now a dwarf :D) main.
Has to be a tanking class, but I can't decide Druid(80)/Warrior(71)/DK(80) or level a Paladin.
I did a lot of bear tanking in ICC, barely any DK tanking so maybe I'll give that a shot.

The only part im not looking forward too on the Cata release is the mass of people questing, racing to tag mobs and of course all the surprise attacks from the opposing faction. :lol

Im hoping that Vashir will be less crowded than Hyjal. Everyone Ive talked too in my guild and other friends say they are going to Hyjal first.

kai3345

Banned
So I just got a new computer and it came pre-installed with wow up to 3.1

Instead of downloading all of the patches, can I just copy-paste the files from one computer to the next?

Zakkath

I tried to get answers from the customer support, but they're taking forever so maybe you guys can help me with this.

I bought WoW classic, but I cannot upgrade and buy BC/LK/Cata. I currently have the BC trial (6days left) and I try to upgrade and buy it via Battle.net, but it simply does nothing. I click on my account listed in my games, click on Digital Purchase, choose the BC/LK/CATA package, I then choose my account I want to upgrade then continue... and nothing happens. No error, no message. Nothing. Why ?

ampere

kai3345 said:

Instead of downloading all of the patches, can I just copy-paste the files from one computer to the next?
Yes you can. You can copy the WoW folder to another computer just fine.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
kai3345 said:

You should be able too do that. I had an extra 60 gig HD i gave to a friend and i preloaded it by copy and pasting it then having him install the HD in his computer. Saved him having to DL 30 gigs of game!

Rapstah

Dinosaurr said:
New player here, does anyone recommend any UI addons? I'm just using the stock one.
Until you find yourself wanting a feature that isn't there, I'd suggest just going with the standard UI.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
MattPeters said:
The only part im not looking forward too on the Cata release is the mass of people questing, racing to tag mobs and of course all the surprise attacks from the opposing faction. :lol

Yeah, I'm leveling the pally I have on a PvE server first, just because I don't want to deal with the gong show that is new zones right after an expansion release on PvP servers. That's going to be mayhem. XD

Angry Grimace

I always wondered why they don't offer discounted faction changes on highly imbalanced realms like A52.

ampere

Angry Grimace said:
I always wondered why they don't offer discounted faction changes on highly imbalanced realms like A52.
Or free ones, for that matter.

Some blue posts have mentioned that they want to fix the imbalances so maybe they will roll out something of the like.

Angry Grimace

ciaossu said:
Or free ones, for that matter.

Some blue posts have mentioned that they want to fix the imbalances so maybe they will roll out something of the like.
A52 is almost a full realm and it's still like 75% horde. Just allow faction transfers for free and you'd get at least a few full guilds that would flip over, which would get the ball rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom