• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
Months to a year is not building up quickly.
How many other MMOs have you played? That's mighty speedy compared to most.

Also if you think it'll be a year before there are two content patches, you're out of your damn mind. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
How many other MMOs have you played? That's mighty speedy compared to most.

Also if you think it'll be a year before there are two content patches, you're out of your damn mind. :lol
I'm out of my mind thinking it'll be at least a year for the third tier?

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
... two content patches after the release would be the third tier released...
Try and be more specific in the future. Your poor spelling and vague talk is hard to understand.

Also yes, you're out of your damn mind if you think it'll be a year before we get the 4.2 (assumed patch that the War of the Ancients is coming) raid.

I am not ready

iM3e2.jpg

Anyway for me to take screenshots in WoW in a different format other than jpg? Without fraps or a outside program.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
Try and be more specific in the future. Your poor spelling and vague talk is hard to understand.

Also yes, you're out of your damn mind if you think it'll be a year before we get the 4.2 (assumed patch that the War of the Ancients is coming) raid.
Hyperbole. I find it hard to believe that one of the reasons you couldn't understand my post was because I spelled "instances" wrong.

In WOTLK they spent 9 months on the first two tiers combined, 3 months on the 4th tier, and a year on the 4th. Very inconsistent. I'm not out of my mind to think it' could take a year to get Cataclysm's 3rd tier.

But I'm discussing heroics:
-9 months after release to get the first new 5 man.
-13 months after release for 3 more.

It took "months to a year", a range, to get from 12-->16. I'm going to stand by my original point that it'd take at least a year to add 7 more 5 man wings since 16 seems to be the number they like.

Alex

If that leaked sheet comes out at all true, the next expansion will be sooner.

Which I can believe because they're not going to have to put the same amount of work into creating new tools and revisions like they did for Cata and parts of Wrath and can focus more on newer and better content quickly.

They've already pledged new 5 mans with every raid patch and more additions of Battlegrounds quickly (we've also already got two of those this expansion rather than just one). A lot of the talking points on the new systems during the beta and interviews really put on a good face for content creation and live balancing (which is part of the reason the talent trees were remade)

I think they understand they had some content issues with and post Icecrown. We'll see.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
Hyperbole. I find it hard to believe that one of the reasons you couldn't understand my post was because I spelled "instances" wrong.

In WOTLK they spent 9 months on the first two tiers combined, 3 months on the 4th tier, and a year on the 4th. Very inconsistent. I'm not out of my mind to think it' could take a year to get Cataclysm's 3rd tier.

But I'm discussing heroics:
-9 months after release to get the first new 5 man.
-13 months after release for 3 more.

It took "months to a year", a range, to get from 12-->16. I'm going to stand by my original point that it'd take at least a year to add 7 more 5 man wings since 16 seems to be the number they like.
BC: Took 4 months for the 3rd tier of raiding to be released (technically).
LK: Took 9 months for the 3rd tier of raiding to be released.

So history shows us that a year is not likely. Heroics and raid content patches can be easily compared as well, since each raid content patch will contain a 5 man dungeon in Cata.

Also I'm talking in general about your shitty spelling, grammar, vague wording, and tendancy to make what could be one edited post into 2-4 in a row. I'm not even the only one confused by your terrible posting habits in this thread. Try and make future posts more comprehensible.

markot

Banned
bloodforge said:
I hope they update the player character models next expansion, some of them are looking really bad.
I think we might get it sooner then that, at least from their comments on the matter, they realise its a huge problem. Maybe I am just being optimistic >.<

Alex said:
If that leaked sheet comes out at all true, the next expansion will be sooner.

They've been aiming for that kind of timeline since the beginning though (well, more around a year per expac than 1.5). I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2 years again. Which is fine if we don't end up in ICC situation again.

And I think the time per content patch is a pretty hard piece of data to pull anything from. Naxxramas and ToC were both terrible raid instances and squandered any time given to them anyway.

notworksafe

I'm just using raid release timelines as a measuring stick because each one will include a heroic 5. There may be heroic 5s released on their own, but I doubt it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Majine said:
Three days left.

Can't wait. I reforged all of my gear last night to get rid of my raid-required hit rating, got around 40-50 flasks, and 40-50 haste buff food. Gonna be pushing as hard as I can for first level 85 Shaman.

notworksafe said:
I'm just using raid release timelines as a measuring stick because each one will include a heroic.

Yeah I hadn't read the previous page and was just responding to the general subject.

But I imagine they've learned their lesson on how terrible Wrath's scheduling was. Whatever they do will probably be fine.

Manus

I don't know who to get to 85 first. Either my Lock or DK. Than I want to level a Worgen Druid. Their's just to much to do!

notworksafe

Freyjadour said:
But I imagine they've learned their lesson on how terrible Wrath's scheduling was. Whatever they do will probably be fine.
From the content that has been released so far, it is looking like the WoW team has learned a lot from the mistakes of Wrath. I'm hoping that will remain true for the expansion content.

Rapstah

MattPeters said:
Lets hope Deathwing is the final boss of the expansion, and he doesnt end up like poor Illidan.
I'm sure it's all planned. BC seemed to be more about making shit as the designers came up with it. And it was great from a gameplay perspective, at least Sunwell was.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Since the Maelstrom is open now I assume we're seeing Azshara at some point.

Rokam

Halycon said:
You actually see her while in Ashenvale (near the border of Darkshore along the coast), however Blizzard has said that she will not be a boss in this expansion

I really hope for the Deathwing fight they put out 2-3 raids when that patch hits and he's the last boss of each instance. He only opens in the next instance after you defeat him in the first. Slowly chipping away at his health/armor.

Halycon said:

Fordring will have a tournament over the Maelstrom on a giant floating Airship and we'll drop through the floor to fight an undead Azshara (because we already killed her in one of the solo quests in Vash'jir).

KJTB

Man, anyone else have a problem with respeccing while leveling? I keep switching off between feral and balance (resto is my secondary and that's not changing) and my respec cost is now starting to add up :lol

Alex

I've been gone since Ulduar, so I'm trying to do at least some of the content I missed. I've just now got to try the new 5 mans. :lol Halls of Reflection was really fun, man what cool music too. Their dungeon design is getting really strong.

Freyjadour said:
Fordring will have a tournament over the Maelstrom on a giant floating Airship and we'll drop through the floor to fight an undead Azshara (because we already killed her in one of the solo quests in Vash'jir).

:lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Rokam said:
You actually see her while in Ashenvale (near the border of Darkshore along the coast), however Blizzard has said that she will not be a boss in this expansion

Too bad she doesnt have an unique model. But i bet once she will be a major character, she'll get her own one.

I wish they would update Tyrande too. Looking at her model, with Malfurion right next to her, its quite ridiculous.

I was going to not pick this up at release because I have a couple of assignments that i thought were due this friday but it turns out I'm retarded and thier not due till next friday.

I don't understand moonkin anymore, wtf sun, moon, eclipse, I don't know what to use. Problem with too many characters and taking too much time off I guess. Anyone have a good rotation for a early 70's moonkin? 71 to be exact.

zero margin said:
I don't understand moonkin anymore, wtf sun, moon, eclipse, I don't know what to use. Problem with too many characters and taking too much time off I guess. Anyone have a good rotation for a early 70's moonkin? 71 to be exact.
moonfire
moonfire
moonfire
moonfire

KJTB

zero margin said:
When the moon procs I think that is a brilliant plan.

There's a talent to make solar eclipse effect moonfire, turning it into sunfire or something if I remember correctly.

You really can just run around moonfire spamming mobs to death without losing like any mana... but make sure you have an eclipse first.

notworksafe

Dipindots said:
Man, anyone else have a problem with respeccing while leveling? I keep switching off between feral and balance (resto is my secondary and that's not changing) and my respec cost is now starting to add up :lol
Me! I think I must have changed about 15 times before level 50! :lol

Infinity

AceBandage said:
Darkshore is just all sorts of messed up now.

I finished up the Darkshore quests the other day. Loads of fun.

Now I'm in Stonetalon, which has been completely made over too.

Dipindots said:
There's a talent to make solar eclipse effect moonfire, turning it into sunfire or something if I remember correctly.

You really can just run around moonfire spamming mobs to death without losing like any mana... but make sure you have an eclipse first.

I got the talents down I just don't know how to use the stuff I'm afraid. I'll keep reading EJ and things like that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Freyjadour said:
Are you serious.

notworksafe

zero margin said:
I got the talents down I just don't know how to use the stuff I'm afraid. I'll keep reading EJ and things like that.
Always have Moonfire and Insect Swarm DoTs up.

Cast Starfire until until a Solar Eclipse hits, then switch to Wrath. Cast Wrath until a Lunar Eclipse hits, then switch back to Starfire.

Cast Starsurge every cooldown.

notworksafe said:
Always have Moonfire and Insect Swarm dots up.

Cast Starfire until until a Solar Eclipse hits, then switch to Wrath. Cast Wrath until a Lunar Eclipse hits, then switch back to Starfire.

Cast Starsurge every cooldown.

knowledgeable fellow right here. :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:

It depends on how Blizzard plans to release content. Theoretically, there should be three times as many patches, since Blizzard seems committed to having the same amount of content (i.e. bosses) in smaller sizes. We had to wait 5 months for Ulduar, but then again, Ulduar had 14 bosses and novel new heroic modes. If Firelands is a 5 boss tromp, I think people would be pretty fucking pissed off if it took 5 months.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
BC: Took 4 months for the 3rd tier of raiding to be released (technically).
LK: Took 9 months for the 3rd tier of raiding to be released.

So history shows us that a year is not likely. Heroics and raid content patches can be easily compared as well, since each raid content patch will contain a 5 man dungeon in Cata.
And history shows it took 13 months to get the 4th non-release heroic wing out. I stand by the belief that it'll be a year before you see 16 Cat heroics.

notworksafe said:
Also I'm talking in general about your shitty spelling, grammar, vague wording, and tendancy to make what could be one edited post into 2-4 in a row. I'm not even the only one confused by your terrible posting habits in this thread. Try and make future posts more comprehensible.
Have any other exaggerated personal attacks to spit? After 4 years and 13 thousand posts you're honestly the first person on Neogaf that has criticized my posting style and contribution to the forum with such superiority in an argument. Why not just use the ignore feature on people you dislike?

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
And history shows it took 13 months to get the 4th non-release heroic wing out. I stand by the belief that it'll be a year before you see 16 Cat heroics.
You said a year for the third raiding tier of the expansion.
DeathNote said:
I'm out of my mind thinking it'll be at least a year for the third tier?
Also who gives a fuck how long it took a wing to be active? The related heroics were all active immediately, not upon the activation of any certain wings.

DeathNote said:
Have any other exaggerated personal attacks to spit? After 4 years and 13 thousand posts you're honestly the first person on Neogaf that has criticized my posting style and contribution to the forum with such superiority in an argument. Why not just use the ignore feature on people you dislike?
If I ignored you, I wouldn't be able to call you on your bullshit. I also remember a string of posts recently in this very thread where no one could understand what the hell you were talking about, even after you "clarified" it quite a few times.

colinp

Banned
I made a night elf druid and, wanting to level in and around Stormwind, before accepting a SINGLE nelf quest I made my way to Northshire Abbey. Unfortunately, the guy won't offer any quests to me. I can do fetch quests (visit Lion's Pride Inn, give this package to this guy in Stormwind) but nothing else... Do I need to level to at least ten or so in my starting area before I can go to another city and start those quests?

ampere

My leveling buddy can't play until a week or two after cata, so it looks like I'm making a Worgen or zerging the crap out of archaeology on Tuesday :p
Anyone else really excited about the 525 archaeology mount?

DeathNote said:
You do make a lot of posts that are really hard to understand... grammar/flow/etc

I'm not trying to be mean and gang up, but I can see where notworksafe's frustration is coming from.

Angry Grimace said:
It depends on how Blizzard plans to release content. Theoretically, there should be three times as many patches, since Blizzard seems committed to having the same amount of content (i.e. bosses) in smaller sizes. We had to wait 5 months for Ulduar, but then again, Ulduar had 14 bosses and novel new heroic modes. If Firelands is a 5 boss tromp, I think people would be pretty fucking pissed off if it took 5 months.
With the new 'more raids with fewer bosses' model, I'm hoping 2 raids per tier. Who knows though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ciaossu said:
My leveling buddy can't play until a week or two after cata, so it looks like I'm making a Worgen or zerging the crap out of archaeology on Tuesday :p
Anyone else really excited about the 525 archaeology mount?

You do make a lot of posts that are really hard to understand... grammar/flow/etc

I'm not trying to be mean and gang up, but I can see where notworksafe's frustration is coming from.

With the new 'more raids with fewer bosses' model, I'm hoping 2 raids per tier. Who knows though.
No thanks, that would just be license for them to take forever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom