• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Well, that was interesting. Just did a Scholo run with a fresh tank who had apparantely been taught the correct way to tank is to aggro an entire room and just nuke everything at once. Did not go so well. (Worse though is that he got kicked eventually with some juvenile message for a reason which made me give up on the rest of the group).

Sadly, this actually works sometimes: Did a cathedral run earlier and the warrior tank would just pull multiple groups at once and managed most of his healing by himself. Boring. Hopefully Cataclysm will bring back some CC and force the tempo to lower a bit, but I assume it won't stay like that once people have geared up and newer instances drop better loot.

Yeah, haven't had the best of luck with groups. Occasionally there's some cool guys but most people are just silent besides a "hurry up" and won't stop for anyone to pick up / read quests. Might just stick to doing quests until Outland and also don't have to worry about outlevelling zone content.

notworksafe

Firebrand said:
Well, that was interesting. Just did a Scholo run with a fresh tank who had apparantely been taught the correct way to tank is to aggro an entire room and just nuke everything at once.
Yeah that lesson was called Wrath of the Lich King.

I've been finding that people are moderately patient in Azeroth and will set to whatever pace I pull at (which is generally as fast as I think the healer can handle). The moment I hit outland, though, it was mages and warlocks pulling 5-6 mobs and expecting me to pick them up.

I tolerate that once.

I tolerate it twice and ask them to stop pulling.

After that I sit back and watch them die.

One warlock was an ass when I asked him to stop pulling and said "stop being slow". I knew the healer couldn't handle chain pulling. We were doing Blood Furnace, I whispered the healer and said "sorry about this" and proceeded to start chain pulling everything, eventually had about 40 mobs on me, went down and said "quick <warlock>, get em!" Then, when we all got back, did the same thing again.

He shut up after that.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My favourite bag addon was combuctor. I couldn't remember the name of it until just now, found it on wowinterface.

Glad someone mentioned bag addons :lol

Zakkath

Posting on new page :

I tried to get answers from the customer support, but they're taking forever so maybe you guys can help me with this.

I bought WoW classic, but I cannot upgrade and buy BC/LK/Cata. I currently have the BC trial (6days left) and I try to upgrade and buy it via Battle.net, but it simply does nothing. I click on my account listed in my games, click on Digital Purchase, choose the BC/LK/CATA package, I then choose my account I want to upgrade then continue... and nothing happens. No error, no message. Nothing. Why ?

Trasher

Wow. Just went from level 28 to 29 in 17 minutes. No rest. :lol

Also, I got killed by Deathwing in those 17 minutes as well. Was pretty cool actually. The whole zone turns red and then you see him fly in and just completely set the whole zone on fire.

Zakkath said:
Posting on new page :

I tried to get answers from the customer support, but they're taking forever so maybe you guys can help me with this.

I bought WoW classic, but I cannot upgrade and buy BC/LK/Cata. I currently have the BC trial (6days left) and I try to upgrade and buy it via Battle.net, but it simply does nothing. I click on my account listed in my games, click on Digital Purchase, choose the BC/LK/CATA package, I then choose my account I want to upgrade then continue... and nothing happens. No error, no message. Nothing. Why ?
Are you running firefox with no script addon? I had to disable it compltely when upgrading my account. Allowing battle.net via exceptions didn't work.

kai3345

Banned
DeathNote said:
What are the Brady Games strategy guides like? Is there any neat/useful info compared to wowhead & wowpedia?
The only one I have experience with are the ones that came with the Battlechest. And no, they aren't useful at all. First of all, now with The Shattering, theyre outdated, but they weren't much help initially anyway

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Lolligag

DeathNote said:
What are the Brady Games strategy guides like? Is there any neat/useful info compared to wowhead & wowpedia?
I got one when WoW first came out and it was already outdated. ahahah

Don't bother, wowpedia and wowhead have mostly everything you need.

Zakkath

MattPeters said:
Are you running firefox with no script addon? I had to disable it compltely when upgrading my account. Allowing battle.net via exceptions didn't work.

No. Just internet explorer, although I have new IE9 version. I tried on my portable as well which still has IE8 and it didn't work either, so I really don't think it's a browser issue.

Atomski

notworksafe said:
Yeah that lesson was called Wrath of the Lich King.

Have to admit that it was pretty fun aoe tanking in wrath. Going to kinda miss it but Im sure dps actually having to do something will make the game better.

I am leveling a tank on another server right now. I am level 40. So far tanking is not so bad. Most groups seem patient enough for me to get agro. But then I jump on my 80 tank and its like a complete different game. Everyone is attacking different mobs and pulling before me. Its like they dont give a shit who the tank is they are just pulling and hoping the healer can handle it. I don't even know why Im there most the time :/.

Hopefully the first new instances will be a rude awakening to them.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
OMG, just did they three quests in Badlands where Theldurin, Lucien, and Martek tell me how they beat up Deathwing. Those were hilarious!

moojito

I had the quest the other day that had as part of the text: "Do NOT accept this mission unless you are prepared for UNMITIGATED BADASSERY!"

Which seems to sum up most of the new levelling quests!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:D :D :D

yKYmS.jpg

Soule

moojito said:
I had the quest the other day that had as part of the text: "Do NOT accept this mission unless you are prepared for UNMITIGATED BADASSERY!"

Which seems to sum up most of the new levelling quests!
Dammnnnnn wish I knew what quest that was. One of my fav quests so far lorewise was from Don Carlos in Tanaris, he has like a sombrero on and gives the quest "Nice hat..." the quest text is basically him talking about when he was younger... read the shortened bit "Don Carlos has inadvertently challenged you to defeat his younger self in Old Hillsbrad. Afterwards, bring Don Carlos' Hat to him in Tanaris as proof. "

Hahaha I just love how competitive the hero is, some guy talks up how cool he was in his youth so you gotta go back in time beat him up to show future him that you're better <3

zlatko

Banned
Bleh my PayPal check I was hoping would come today so I could go fully pay off Cata over the weekend didn't show up. :( I've got my fingers crossed for Monday, but if it doesn't show up I'll be late to the awesome Tuesday and the wait has already been grueling. :(

Kerrinck

Just finished the last string of quests and got to level 22 but I am kinda lost right now since I see no other quests available. Can anyone recommend a good area to level?
Playing horde.

Sai-kun

Banned
Kerrinck said:
Just finished the last string of quests and got to level 22 but I am kinda lost right now since I see no other quests available. Can anyone recommend a good area to level?
Playing horde.

Western Azshara/Ashenvale

Raiden

Banned
So i recently formed a small guild to play with my friends in etc, some random people are in as well, and one of them asked if i activated guild exp ..?

Isnt that done automatically when cataclysm comes out? Or do i need to do something?

Guild xp takes at least four members of the group being in the same guild. In those cases it's activated automatically and it will only work in Cataclysm proper since the system isn't running yet.

I guess he thought it could be activated like a switch so he could earn guild xp for his guild.

Raiden

Banned
SiegfriedFM said:
Guild xp takes at least four members of the group being in the same guild. In those cases it's activated automatically and it will only work in Cataclysm proper since the system isn't running yet.

I guess he thought it could be activated like a switch so he could earn guild xp for his guild.

Ah okay thanks for the info!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's low priority for me. If it has a different color scheme than the normal epic purple you could have fooled and still fool me. I wanted it bad when the mount cost a lot in Vanilla tho.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Did the new deadmines on my lame lvl 19 orc warrior. Was actually fun and a bit different. The last boss was a laugh :lol

Atomski

Playing alliance side for the first time. Ugh getting around is so confusing. Is there seriouslly only 2 boats in Stormwind? theres like 4 zeps in org :/.

One boat for Northrend, one boat for Darnassus (and from there to Exodar) and a railway to Ironforge. All you need. Oh, and a teleporter to Blasted Lands.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I hope I like the new heroics. The amount is almost cut in half at 85.

16(end of BC)-->12(Beginning of WOTLK)-->16(End of WOTLk)-->9(Dec 7th)

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
I hope I like the new heroics. The amount is almost cut in half at 85.

16(end of BC)-->12(Beginning of WOTLK)-->16(End of WOTLk)-->9(Dec 7th)
If by half you mean 2/3 of the Wrath launch, then yes. Also there will be a new 5 man released alongside every raid so the number will build quickly (with two three raids already planned for release).

Trasher

So I'm blazing through zones. Currently level 39 in Feralas. Any zones you guys recommend to do that have cool quests or whatnot that I shouldn't miss out on? I feel like I'm skipping half the zones, and I don't know which ones are the best.

notworksafe

Thousand Needles (starts at 40ish)
Badlands (starts at 45ish)
Swamp of Sorrows (about 50-52)

Those are some that I've done and are quite good. Also, Alliance or Horde?

Trasher

notworksafe said:
Thousand Needles (starts at 40ish)
Badlands (starts at 45ish)
Swamp of Sorrows (about 50-52)

Those are some that I've done and are quite good. Also, Alliance or Horde?
Was just about to edit and say I was Horde haha.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
If by half you mean 2/3 of the Wrath launch, then yes. Also there will be a new 5 man released alongside every raid so the number will build quickly (with two raids already planned for release).
If by 2/3 you mean 3/4. Yes, I know they will release new 5 mans. Months to a year is not building up quickly. 16-->9 is almost half.

My only point was I hope I like the new intactness and don't get bored with the same scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom