• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I pre-ordered the CE a long time ago and just selected regular shipping. Couldn't find an option to upgrade that on Amazon so I emailed them politely asking if it was possible to change it at this point. They emailed me back saying they updated it to next day air, no charge at all. That's really nice of them!

ciaossu said:
My leveling buddy can't play until a week or two after cata, so it looks like I'm making a Worgen or zerging the crap out of archaeology on Tuesday :p
Anyone else really excited about the 525 archaeology mount?

I don't think bug mounts are that cool but, I'll try to get it since I'll try to get any mount in the game no matter what it looks like. 119 mounts and counting. I'm more excited about the skeletal raptor mount.

Sai-kun

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
I don't think bug mounts are that cool but, I'll try to get it since I'll try to get any mount in the game no matter what it looks like. 119 mounts and counting. I'm more excited about the skeletal raptor mount.

Omg. Is that the mount that was only usable in AQ? And now it's a new mount you can use anywhere? And it's BLUE?!

Want. *drool*

Rokam

I think the second hearthstone is loads better than the bug mount! :lol. I'm more interested in the Skeletal Raptor and the mechagnome pet anyways.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm a mage with Inscription, so that makes travelling around the world really nice. Just set my hearthstone to where i quest, and if i need the AH or bank or trainers, a quick teleport and there i go! :D

And now i hear we're getting a 2nd hearthstone? That makes it even better for my mage. 3 hearths and infinite teleports!

KJTB

Yay, hit 68 on my new druid :D

Outlands wasn't so painful and I'm hoping that the 20% change in northrend makes northrend more enjoyable

ampere

Rokam said:
Take up inscription for a 4th.
I'm a shaman main with inscription and the astrall recall glyph :lol
It's amazing, but at the same time I get easily annoyed on non-mage alts.

funkmastergeneral said:
Reward for the fishing daily is underwhelming to say the least.
I got the "Fish or Cut Bait" achievement and stopped doing them, waiting until Tuesday when I can aim for 525. I wish they'd add another rare pet drop to the reward bag or something.

SquirrelNuckle said:
I hope archaeology isn't as boring as everyone saying it is. I really want those mounts.
Looks boring/grindy. I hope it isn't, but I'm still gonna do it regardless :p The mounts and BoA epics are too good to ignore.
I also like for my main to have stuff maxed out

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really dont know what to do on the first week.... level a Worgen from 1 to 58? level a Goblin from 1 to 58? level my main in Hyjal? level my main in Vashjir? What to do?! Everything is so tempting!

FUUUUUUUUUU

Evlar

Banned
Rokam said:
I think the second hearthstone is loads better than the bug mount! :lol. I'm more interested in the Skeletal Raptor and the mechagnome pet anyways.
My Shaman's going to hearth/astral recall just to get from the SW docks to the bank.

Manus

So I logged onto my Warlock today who I haven't played much lately since I've been working on my alt. I go to look at my achievements and I have all the exploration ones for Azeroth except 5. I know I didn't get these, because I never went for them. This some kind of glitch?

TwiztidElf

I'll be buying my son World of Warcraft for Christmas.
I quit in 2008, and will be recovering my account for him.

My question is this, is it possible to get the Battlechest (WoW base and Burning Crusade), and play it without Lich King and Cataclysm? I'll probably get those expansions down the track.

Thanks in advance GAF Gods. :D

notworksafe

TwiztidElf said:
I'll be buying my son World of Warcraft for Christmas.
I quit in 2008, and will be recovering my account for him.

My question is this, is it possible to get the Battlechest (WoW base and Burning Crusade), and play it without Lich King and Cataclysm? I'll probably get those expansions down the track.

Thanks in advance GAF Gods. :D
Yep. He'll be capped at 70, but that's might not be an issue depending on how much he plays.

If you're recovering your old account, you won't have to rebuy the game. You can just redownload the game and any expansions you owned.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rokam said:
It's actually pretty useless; it only can be set to the location of your first HS and guild levels make your HS have a 15m CD anyways.

Sober

I am not prepared.

Ton of finals due this week, adding on top of the fact my bags have only had maybe 6 free slots for about three months, and my bank is full.

I should probably start deleting some gear I don't need. Hell, I still have T7.10 tokens in my bank :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stood in Fire, get! :D

Wetlands.

scoobs

LOL nice touch blizzard... just noticed while levling from 79>>80 that the requried xp to level was 1337000. :lol

Dexa

Banned
just a heads up: bliz store increased their prices again - so amazon/ebuy your expansions quickly if you want to save some money ;)

What the fuck. :lol
GNcpO.jpg

Anno

For being able to run on pretty much any computer in existence I'm always shocked by how good this game looks most of the time. The art direction is just so solid. I love all of the contrasting lights/darks in Duskwood.

So, I finally got 100 mounts, but wasn't given the achievement. Then I found out it's because my 2 class specific mounts count only as one mount. Made me so mad!:lol There are a couple more honor mounts and 100 champion seal mounts that I can get, but who in their right mind is going to take time off of leveling new toons in the fun new world to grind honor? And I'm saving champion seals for heirloom gear since the JP prices are retarded expensive. Not sure I really understand the need to increase the price on heirloom gear just because it's good for 10 extra levels. With that reasoning, why didn't the champion seal prices go up? And why did they do it before the release of Cata when we can't even begin on level 81 yet? Stupid stupid stupid.
epik said:
What's up with the battle.net wait :( .. I want to digitally upgrade. grr.
I keep telling myself that I'm not going to do Cata, but the temptation is strong. Maybe this queue thing will help out, because I would do the digital upgrade if I was going to get Cata.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
So, I finally got 100 mounts, but wasn't given the achievement. Then I found out it's because my 2 class specific mounts count only as one mount. Made me so mad!:lol There are a couple more honor mounts and 100 champion seal mounts that I can get, but who in their right mind is going to take time off of leveling new toons in the fun new world to grind honor? And I'm saving champion seals for heirloom gear since the JP prices are retarded expensive. Not sure I really understand the need to increase the price on heirloom gear just because it's good for 10 extra levels. With that reasoning, why didn't the champion seal prices go up? And why did they do it before the release of Cata when we can't even begin on level 81 yet? Stupid stupid stupid.
I keep telling myself that I'm not going to do Cata, but the temptation is strong. Maybe this queue thing will help out, because I would do the digital upgrade if I was going to get Cata.
You sound like you're saying you think the heirlooms will work from 80-90. The cap is 85 and they wont scale after 80.

The heirlooms will be a lot easier to get at 85 because the bosses will award more Justice Points. I wish they had a temporary price for the Dec 7th wait.

To buy heirlooms with champion's seals, there are prerequisites.
1. Must be exalted in every major faction. Before the recent introduction of city tabards late last month, this could have been a long grind for certain people.
2. Do the Valiant's Charge quest for all 5 factions. This takes a minimum of 25 days.

After you're a Crusader, you're only guaranteed 17 seals a day from the 5 man and 9 dailies.

Edit: The heirlooms also wont give experience bonus from 80-81.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom