• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathNote said:
You sound like you're saying you think the heirlooms will work from 80-90. The cap is 85 and they wont scale after 80.

The heirlooms will be a lot easier to get at 85 because the bosses will award more Justice Points. I wish they had a temporary price for the Dec 7th wait.

To buy heirlooms with champion's seals, there are prerequisites.
1. Must be exalted in every major faction. Before the recent introduction of city tabards late last month, this could have been a long grind for certain people.
2. Do the Valiant's Charge quest for all 5 factions. This takes a minimum of 25 days.

After you're a Crusader, you're only guaranteed 17 seals a day from the 5 man and 9 dailies.
I was taking into consideration Wrath content. If heirlooms are already giving added exp from 70-80, then I stand corrected. And you pointed something out to me that I had completely forgotten. The newer 5 mans also give seals. I had only been doing trial of the champion everyday. Whoops! :lol Forgot about the 232 item level dungeons. I guess I understand the scaling reason behind the justice points now, but it's still annoying that they did it before the release of the expasnion.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
I was taking into consideration Wrath content. If heirlooms are already giving added exp from 70-80, then I stand corrected. And you pointed something out to me that I had completely forgotten. The newer 5 mans also give seals. I had only been doing trial of the champion everyday. Whoops! :lol Forgot about the 232 item level dungeons. I guess I understand the scaling reason behind the justice points now, but it's still annoying that they did it before the release of the expasnion.
Yeah, you get +20% 1-80.
+15% 80-85 when we you get the helm and cloak.

I haven't done the ICC dungeonsin a long time but I'm pretty sure they don't give champion's seals.

DeathNote said:
Yeah, you get +20% 1-80.
+15% 80-85 when we you get the helm and cloak.

I haven't done the ICC dungeonsin a long time but I'm pretty sure they don't give champion's seals.
Yeah I'm definitely not with it this morning. I read your post and saw what I wanted to see. Whoops again :p Heroic Trial of the Champion is the only 5man that gives seals (3 total). I think i need to eat some food :)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
Yeah I'm definitely not with it this morning. I read your post and saw what I wanted to see. Whoops again :p Heroic Trial of the Champion is the only 5man that gives seals (3 total). I think i need to eat some food :)
I have a lot of wishful thinking with heirlooms myself. All of mine are split between two servers and I want to level/main on a third. :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You maniacs! You blew it up!

p7NjW.jpg

Chris R

Getting heirlooms from the tournament was stupid easy. You didn't need any stinking city tabard since just doing the tournament dailies for each faction would get you exalted in no time. Then after completing it you grind badges out (took maybe half a hour) I ended up with a serious amount of heirlooms from doing that on two of my 80s

So on my new account I just hit 29. Done westfall/red ridge/duskwood. Currently in stv. Should I stay there or go elsewhere? Never did like stv :lol

Evlar

Banned
rhfb said:
Getting heirlooms from the tournament was stupid easy. You didn't need any stinking city tabard since just doing the tournament dailies for each faction would get you exalted in no time. Then after completing it you grind badges out (took maybe half a hour) I ended up with a serious amount of heirlooms from doing that on two of my 80s

So on my new account I just hit 29. Done westfall/red ridge/duskwood. Currently in stv. Should I stay there or go elsewhere? Never did like stv :lol
Northern STV isn't much changed- still dominated by The Hills of Stranglethorn hunt quests (a bit less painful now, since you turn in quests and get the next in the chain on the fly now, so less travel back and forth). I admit I didn't finish all the questlines and escaped southward as soon as I could.

Cape of Stranglethorn, on the other hand, is excellent. It has everything from Pirates vs. Ninjas to bovine kickball.

rhfb said:
Yeah, I'm not saying it's hard. But when you've gotten the crusader title on more than one 80, have bought multpile 100 seal mounts, all the pets, plus more to sell on the AH, gotten over 8 different pieces of heirloom gear from seals (cloth, mail, plate, trinkets, and weapons), it gets old really, really... really fast. It takes all the motivation I can muster just to go through all the dailies on one toon a day anymore.

Bisnic said:
You maniacs! You blew it up!

http://i.imgur.com/p7NjW.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Bisnic, you killed her!:lol

Firebrand

"The Day Deathwing Came" :lol :lol :lol

Starting to give up on healing in random dungeons, going retribution instead. I don't understand how people can be such jackasses. Welcome to the Internet, I guess. Would really like it if they put the global LFG channel back in.

rhfb said:

There's some cool quests involving
Zul'Gurub
if you do the quests given in the Rebel Camp and continue the chains south. Also there's some fun to the bloodsail buccaneer quests in Booty Bay.

mcrae

Deputy Moonman said:
Yeah, I'm not saying it's hard. But when you've gotten the crusader title on more than one 80, have bought multpile 100 seal mounts, all the pets, plus more to sell on the AH, gotten over 8 different pieces of heirloom gear from seals (cloth, mail, plate, trinkets, and weapons), it gets old really, really... really fast. It takes all the motivation I can muster just to go through all the dailies on one toon a day anymore.

sounds like you treat the game as work, and need to quit

Sai-kun

Banned
Is there a correct way for me to be healing as. Druid? I'm only 31, but I burn through mana soooo fast, and I barely feel like I'm doing anything unless I rejuv/swiftmend or nature's swiftness/healing touch. :/ it's just kinda difficult and I hate letting people die, especially when people get pissed at you, even after you explain that it's your first Druid.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Deputy Moonman said:
Yeah, I'm not saying it's hard. But when you've gotten the crusader title on more than one 80, have bought multpile 100 seal mounts, all the pets, plus more to sell on the AH, gotten over 8 different pieces of heirloom gear from seals (cloth, mail, plate, trinkets, and weapons), it gets old really, really... really fast. It takes all the motivation I can muster just to go through all the dailies on one toon a day anymorel
wow dude...take a break. :lol

KJTB

Well, I've finally gotten myself kinda burned out on my druid since hitting northrend.

I went back onto my main after not logging on him for a while and had a blast. I think that now I'm going to take him to 85 first and then continue to lvl my druid... while at the same time lvling a goblin alt...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dipindots said:
Well, I've finally gotten myself kinda burned out on my druid since hitting northrend.

I went back onto my main after not logging on him for a while and had a blast. I think that now I'm going to take him to 85 first and then continue to lvl my druid... while at the same time lvling a goblin alt...
What's your main?

The STV Fishing contest is trickier since the Cataclysm!

Well, I won a few weeks ago, but I was trying to win again this week (got to 37 before a winner) for the pole.

The pools are tricky bastards now! :lol

They'll change from Tastyfish pools to other types without despawning (at least some of the time). So you really need to be on top of things. If it wasn't for that happening to me a few times, and accidentally spending a few casts too many in another pool or two that I thought had changed, I probably would have won again (hardly had competition except for a pack of 4-5 that passed me at one point, then didn't come back.)

My sweet spot is between the new Horde goblin town and the Gurubashi arena on the west coast of Southern STV. Usually clumps of pools there - if you run out, you have to cross a decent gap in that bay, but you'll have another clump of pools - so moving between two clumps usually.

Although you can have success elsewhere as well - it just depends on where other people are.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dipindots said:
Death Knight.

I'm so torn on what to do... There's just so much to do at release that I don't know where to start :lol
I'd decide based on what the people you play with are doing. Experiencing 85 content that's a few weeks old to them wont be fun. Leveling an 80 while they are doing alts wont be either. High potential to miss out on quirky stuff when something is 100% new to everyone.

Rapstah said:
Yeah, do I level my Warlock or Priest to 85 or keep going with my 71 shaman? Why didn't I do half this stuff a year ago?!

Well is your shaman going to be your main? Depends on that, otherwise I'd push him as far as you get get him before Tuesday, and then level one of the others.

Right now, I have 3 80s on my main server (and an 80 hunter that I won't touch for awhile on another, if at all). I have my main DK who I will push to 85 as fast as I can, but I'll alternate with the two others building up rest, as they all have maxed professions which will be critical to max out again to make money.

colinp

Banned
What professions might be most useful for a Warlock? It seems people tend to recommend tailoring, but what else would be worthwhile? Enchanting? Mining?

Got my paladin to 60 but obviously I won't get her ready for Cataclysm in time. My warrior is going 85 but levelling blacksmithing ASAP to hopefully bring in some cash in the early days, as well as gearing up. There's some pretty nice stuff there.

But MMO-Champion's blacksmithing list is outdated, there isn't a huge gap between 450 and 460 now. I just hope it still has two polearms available, I only got to make the first one in beta. Staying with Arms for now.

Acidote

It depends on what you want to do with him. If you want to maximize dps, I'd go with enchanting and jewelcrafting, for ring enchantments and better gems.

J-Rzez

Weird. I went into my local gamestop to pick up a new 2mo game card (since my bank who holds my debit card blacklisted Blizzard), and there were employees and their friends/customers discussing Cata. Seems like while a few are really excited for Tues, most were, "we'll see". This is opposed to Wrath which basically all were "zomg can't wait". I found it weird because it seems like they're trying to get back to Vanilla roots in a way with Cata, while Wrath was going further away from it. I thought most people want that "vanilla" experience (not first time logging in, but playing during Vanilla).

Rokam

Kind of wish Blizzard would come out and say if we need to relog on release night or if truly is just a switch. An EU blue said that he thinks we need to relog on release night but wasn't too sure. Also does anyone know if we can learn flight from regular mount trainers, because on a high populated server that one trainer in SW is going to be a bitch to get to.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm being sensible now. For one i want the discs really bad, but i cancelled my pre order as i don't trust the royal mail in this weather, so tuesday i shall be going out to gamestation to use up the last of my credit there for the discs.
And i have an essay to finish, so not being able to play right away is a benefit. Once i get this essay done i have no more work for the remainder of 2010 so i can play Cata all i want :D

I think i may not install, or upgrade my account at least, until i've done this essay.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Cindres said:
I'm being sensible now. For one i want the discs really bad, but i cancelled my pre order as i don't trust the royal mail in this weather, so tuesday i shall be going out to gamestation to use up the last of my credit there for the discs.
And i have an essay to finish, so not being able to play right away is a benefit. Once i get this essay done i have no more work for the remainder of 2010 so i can play Cata all i want :D

I think i may not install, or upgrade my account at least, until i've done this essay.
Finish it tonight!

KJTB

Ok, so after thinking about it for a while I've finally decided what I'm going to do.

Unfortunately I have finals this week so I'll be a couple of days late for cataclysm.

What I'm going to do when I can play:

1) make a goblin alt and get him to lvl 10 to experience the goblin starting zone

2) level my death knight to lvl 85 asap

3) continue leveling my druid while gearing up my death knight

4) then it's a toss up between hitting 85 on my druid and lvling my goblin.

Man, I'm so excited! :D

What about you guys?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dipindots said:
Ok, so after thinking about it for a while I've finally decided what I'm going to do.

Unfortunately I have finals this week so I'll be a couple of days late for cataclysm.

What I'm going to do when I can play:

1) make a goblin alt and get him to lvl 10 to experience the goblin starting zone

2) level my death knight to lvl 85 asap

3) continue leveling my druid while gearing up my death knight

4) then it's a toss up between hitting 85 on my druid and lvling my goblin.

Man, I'm so excited! :D

What about you guys?
#1 Do whatever I need to do, if anything, to be able to do the JC daily and sell Chimera's Eye.

That's all I got.:lol

Lolligag

Get 85 asap and lots of gear before I have to visit family for 2 weeks with limited access to WoW, maybe none at all, depends where I stay.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm going to do Goblin zone at midnight-ish with a shaman, then not play for a week and a half until finals are over.

Then I'm going to get my existing chars to 85 over time. I'm not really going to be surprised if I end up with all 10 classes at 85, given I have 7 at level cap already plus a quickly moving level 50 hunter (it would already have been 80 if I had time on my hands, tbh) and my wife wants to do Worgen and I'm going Warlock.

Rokam

I'm attempting Realm First Illustrious Archaeologist, going to be pretty difficult considering the high population. After that focus on getting the Zin'rokh BoA. Killing time till friends that are rerolling catch up.

Edit: Anyones' 3000 quest achievement keep fluctuating. I was above 2000 pre-patch, then dropped below, shot back up last night, and once again back below today. :lol

notworksafe

Going to level my Paladin to 85 (not going to rush. I'll probably even do both starter zones), then probably work on a mix of heroics and a Goblin alt. Haven't decided between Warrior or Mage.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rokam said:
I'm attempting Realm First Illustrious Archaeologist, going to be pretty difficult considering the high population. After that focus on getting the Zin'rokh BoA. Killing time till friends that are rerolling catch up.
How hard is it to get those BoE artifacts? Those are pretty awesome considering they both bind to account and are as good as anything in the non-heroic raid tiers and better than heroic gear...

notworksafe said:
Going to level my Paladin to 85 (not going to rush. I'll probably even do both starter zones), then probably work on a mix of heroics and a Goblin alt. Haven't decided between Warrior or Mage.
I personally find Warrior kind of tedious, but whatever floats your boat. Mage is probably the most fun class in the game since it's all nukes. But opinions...

Rokam

Angry Grimace said:
How hard is it to get those BoE artifacts? Those are pretty awesome considering they both bind to account and are as good as anything in the non-heroic raid tiers and better than heroic gear...

I personally find Warrior kind of tedious, but whatever floats your boat. Mage is probably the most fun class in the game since it's all nukes. But opinions...

Random chance, but the more artifacts you find the better the chance. You can't construct an artifact a second time till you find them all. I believe the hardest part is getting your Dig Sites to spawn in the specific areas.

KJTB

notworksafe said:

Right now I'm torn between a goblin shaman and hunter... I'm thinking that I'll go with the shaman though. The only thing I'm worried about is that it will be a little too similar to my druid and I'll get bored really early on.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
Well tanking is my favorite aspect of the game, so that's why I was considering Warrior. Mage does look awesome though...especially fire! Eventually I think I'll end up leveling both. :D

Dipindots said:
Right now I'm torn between a goblin shaman and hunter... I'm thinking that I'll go with the shaman though. The only thing I'm worried about is that it will be a little too similar to my druid and I'll get bored really early on.
Shaman is a lot of fun. I got burned out on the class after having it be my main character for all of BC and much of Wrath. If you go Enhancement for leveling, I think you'll enjoy it.

Hunter is neat, but leveling is a bit boring because it is so simple, imo. Just toss off a few auto shots and let your pet do all the work. No hurt in trying out both though!

Alex

I normally adore Mages in RPGs, but I'm not very into the WoW one.

On the other hand I don't care for melee but I'm very fond of Warrior. :lol

I'm starting off with Resto and Elemental Shaman this time. I always like to do healers as a primary and I'm sort of smitten with Elemental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom