• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathNote said:
2 hours and 31 minutes for yalls

Yup :D

But I'm going to a midnight opening, and I won't be able to play if I can't register Cata when I come home ;_ ;

Battle.net better be up by then *shakes fist*

SUPARSTARX said:
who's going to a midnight release party for this?

I am, although it's at a small gamestore. Last time I went for a midnight release was with Modern Warfare 2, there were like 15 people. Police showed up and asked us why the hell we were standing in front of a store at midnight xD

I work all day on Tuesdays, so I'll get home pretty damn late. I pre-ordered from Amazon though, so it'll be in the mail by the time I get back.

SUPARSTARX

GasProblem said:
I am, although it's at a small gamestore. Last time I went for a midnight release was with Modern Warfare 2, there were like 15 people. Police showed up and asked us why the hell we were standing in front of a store at midnight xD
lol that's funny.

I went to wotlk midnight release at a smaller Gamestop, located on a big shopping avenue. for 40 minutes, random people would drive by screaming either "for the horde/alliance" or "you fucking nerds/get a life!" :lol :lol

KJTB

Rapstah said:
Why does so much shit insist on appearing this exact week? I won't be able to play until late on Thursday at this rate. Not like I'm in a guild rushing to take down Al'Akir within hours, but darn it.

Yep, same here. I have to study for finals/take finals this week so I won't be able to play until thursday night too :(

C.Dark.DN

Banned
30 minutes ago...

Launch Reminders
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/140486/cataclysm-launch-reminders

We're just a few hours away from the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, and we know many of you still have a few lingering questions on your mind. To help quell those last-minute inquiries and get you completely amped for tonight's launch, we've prepared a quick FAQ that delves into topics like the official launch time of Cataclysm, whether or not there will be any downtime, and what content you'll receive by upgrading.

Take a look!

Q. When will World of Warcraft: Cataclysm officially launch?
A. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will be released on all North American realms on December 7 at 12:00 a.m. PST (Pacific Standard Time). At that time, those who have installed and upgraded to Cataclysm will be able to access the new expansion content.

Q. Will there be any type of maintenance or downtime tonight?
A. We currently have no maintenance or downtime scheduled for the launch of Cataclysm. This may change depending on how smoothly the launch goes, and we'll be sure to keep you updated should anything change.

Q. So, I won't need to patch or anything?
A. Nope. Once you’ve installed the expansion from the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm DVD or completed the background download (available through the digital pre-purchase: http://us.battle.net/en/info/presale), you're good to go. No additional patching should be necessary.

Q. If I've already installed World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and upgraded my account, will I need to do anything special at midnight in order to access the new expansion content
A. Once Cataclysm is marked live on all realms, simply exit out to the login screen (the one featuring Deathwing's toothy grin) and log back in. This will provide you full access to the new content -- including the goblin and worgen races and level 80-85 zones.

If you're concerned that you won't know when to re-log, we've got you covered. After Cataclysm is marked live, if you're still logged in and are playing from an upgraded client, you'll be prompted with official in-game messaging that will instruct you to log out and then log back in.

Q. Where do I need to go to access the new level 80-82 zones (Hyjal and Vashj'ir)?
A. Portals to each of these embattled zones have been established in Orgrimmar and Stormwind. Report to your respective faction capitols for transportation assistance.

Q. Will I be able to Race Change or Faction Change one of my characters to a goblin or worgen right away?
A. Yes, you will be able to change your characters' race to goblin or worgen by purchasing a Race Change or Faction Change immediately after Cataclysm is released.

Q. So, what exactly do I receive by upgrading to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm?
A. If you upgrade to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, you will be provided access to the following:

Increased level cap (85)

Increased profession cap (525)

New races: worgen and goblin

New secondary profession: Archaeology

New level 80-85 content:

Five new zones: Hyjal, Vashj'ir, Uldum, Deepholm, and Twilight Highlands

Seven new dungeons: Blackrock Caverns, Grim Batol, Halls of Origination, Lost City of the Tol'vir, The Stonecore, Throne of the Tides, The Vortex Pinnacle, as well as Heroic versions of The Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep

Four new raids: Baradin Hold, Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent, and the Throne of the Four Winds

Three new Battlegrounds: Battle for Gilneas, Twin Peaks, and Tol'Barad (open world PvP similar to Wintergrasp)

Rated Battlegrounds

Flight Master's License (flying in Azeroth)

Guild leveling and guild reputation will also be available, but you can still benefit from these systems without upgrading to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Q. Are there any official midnight launch events planned?
A. Absolutely! We've several launch events scheduled across the globe. Check out our official launch event page on Blizzard.com, as well as our recent announcement regarding participating retailers, for all the juicy details.

Launch events page: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/events/cataclysm-midnight-openings.html#summary

Cataclysm Midnight Launch Event Tonight: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1339120#blog

If we pay for a race change now, can we change to Goblins at midnight?

To our current knowledge, yes. If you purchase a Race Change now and wait to click on the button until after Cataclysm is released, you should be able to select goblin -- this is provided that your account is upgraded appropriately, of course, and that your character's class is available to the goblin race.

Rokam

And that's why I love Blizzard, answered a shit load of questions people have been asking, also because they made Rock n Roll Racing. :lol (Too bad there hasn't been a reference to it in WoW yet :()

ultron87

You just hop a portal to the new zones? That's kind of anticlimactic.

I really enjoyed that first boat run into Northrend (esp. in Howling Fjord). And hitting the Dark Portal the first time is a great experience.

Weenerz

Banned
SUPARSTARX said:
who's going to a midnight release party for this?

I am, the store I go to had almost 400 people there for the WotLK launch. And TBC as well. I am pretty pumped to sit in line and chat with my fellow WoW nerds.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ultron87 said:

I really enjoyed that first boat run into Northrend (esp. in Howling Fjord). And hitting the Dark Portal the first time is a great experience.
You should be able to fly. Which would be the first time flying in Old World.

Rokam

ultron87 said:

There are cinematic-esque things for entering every single cataclysm zone. Just be sure to pick up the breadcrumb quests in SW instead of just using the portals.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Rokam said:
There are cinematic-esque things for entering every single cataclysm zone. Just be sure to pick up the breadcrumb quests in SW instead of just using the portals.
Looks like there's a boat ride to Vash'Jir? What about form Org?

Rokam

I am kinda surprised Blizzard didn't make the flight trainers pillars, like they did for the pre-cata event npcs. I heard on horde side it's going to be a bitch cause you know there's going to be some assholes standing on the NPC with their mammoth.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ok. For anyone that doesn't know there's a Bulliten board in front of Garrosh's hut and for Alliance it's near gates of the city.It tells you what to do to get to new zones at any level.

Both factions take a boat to Vash'Jir.

Now... what about Hyjal? I'm assuming it's an actual port but you should fly if you desire?

ultron87

colinp said:
Is it possible to add a second row of spells to the vanilla UI or do you need an addon to do that?

Menu -> Interface -> Action Bars

The bottom left action bar is probably what you're looking for, but there are also bars for either side or for the bottom right.

Rokam said:
I am kinda surprised Blizzard didn't make the flight trainers pillars, like they did for the pre-cata event npcs. I heard on horde side it's going to be a bitch cause you know there's going to be some assholes standing on the NPC with their mammoth.
And of course, the trainer in SW is a tiny little dwarf.

Rokam

DeathNote said:
Ok. For anyone that doesn't know there's a Bulliten board in front of Garrosh's hut and for Alliance it's near gates of the city.It tells you what to do to get to new zones at any level.

Now... what about Hyjal? I'm assuming it's an actual port but you should fly if you desire?

For alliance there's a 2nd portal to Hyjal right next to the library in SW keep with a Cenarion lady chilling outside of it. I'm assuming this is where it starts,
Pretty sure you ride in on a green drake

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Rokam said:
I'm glad the flight trainer in Stormwind is in an area you can't mount up in.

colinp

Banned
Thank you!

Also, is it possible to move the pet action bar to the right side? On my hunter it always pops up on the right, but on my warlock it popped up on the left.

colinp said:
Thank you!

Also, is it possible to move the pet action bar to the right side? On my hunter it always pops up on the right, but on my warlock it popped up on the left.
You can't move the pet action bar, or the aspect bar. It annoys me too :(

And you still can't remove the clock on the mini map.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know there is always Shift+V for clicking on NPCs blocked by people. Shows their nameplates which you can just click on it for talking to them.

Lumine

Ugh I just noticed goblins whole lower body clip through their own mounts. I hope they'll fix that soon. I know it sounds trivial, but I can't stand graphical bugs like that when they're so notable. Like when weapons always clip through cloaks on certain races.

Anyway, 1 more to hour 'till launch! omg!

Milpool

Rokam said:

Already plenty mammoths blocking the trainer in Org on my server. Can you learn old weather flying at any trainer?

notworksafe

The Lamonster said:
You can't move the pet action bar, or the aspect bar. It annoys me too :(

And you still can't remove the clock on the mini map.
Sexymap lets you customize minimap stuff. Not sure about an actionbar addon. I haven't used one for years. Is Bartender still around?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Bisnic said:
You know there is always Shift+V for clicking on NPCs blocked by people. Shows their nameplates which you can just click on it for talking to them.
That's awesome, I rarely have friendly nameplates enabled and didn't realize you could just right click them in order to interact.

Flib

DeathNote said:

WHAT HAPPENS TO GET TO EACH ZONE (these are the breadcrumb quests from the Command Boards in Org and Stormwind...DO THE QUEST, DO NOT JUST GO TO THE NEW ZONES):

Hyjal -> You get ported to moonglade and take a dragon up from there. If you skip this, you miss a cutscene with
Deathwing summoning Ragnaros

Vashjir -> You take a boat (with cutscenes) from the capital cities

Deepholm -> The Earthen Ring representative in each capital opens a portal to meet with Thrall in the Maelstrom

Uldum -> You get signed up to meet with a caravan taking supplies into Uldum, in the west part of Tanaris. You must actually travel there for this, and then there is much scripting/cutscenes as the caravan moves into uldum.

Twilight Highlands -> For Horde:
There are like 7 or so quests in Org and Azshara as you help make sure the war machine is ready to invade the eastern kingdoms and you try to procure invasion maps of the area. Then you board a giant airfleet led by Garrosh and fly through the Eastern Kingdoms and into TH. Unfortunately, things get a bit complicated...

Lumine

Bisnic said:

Is there any way to do this so it just shows NPC nameplates instead of also player's? It's already so crowded at the flight trainer this doesnt even work anymore. :lol

edit: I managed to click her anyway. Her name is Maztha in case anyone is wondering. If you're horde that is.

KJTB

Will doing just Hyjal or Vash'jir get you to 82?

I ask because I kind of want to do both zones before moving on... would I outpace one of the zones if I already did another?

Flib

Dipindots said:
Will doing just Hyjal or Vash'jir get you to 82?

I ask because I kind of want to do both zones before moving on... would I outpace one of the zones if I already did another?

Yeah, one of them takes you both levels. Either come back to the other later, or level an alt.

Lumine said:
Ugh I just noticed goblins whole lower body clip through their own mounts. I hope they'll fix that soon. I know it sounds trivial, but I can't stand graphical bugs like that when they're so notable. Like when weapons always clip through cloaks on certain races.

Anyway, 1 more to hour 'till launch! omg!
Its like 9 hours till launch, or does EU get it earlier?

profit

On my way to the midnight launch with a couple of mates, two of them arent even going to buy the expansion just yet, theyre just coming for shits and giggles :D

On a side note, the store is organizing a competition between 4 or 6 players, the moment cata launches they have to try and gather as much xp as possible till 6 am. Main price is some alienware laptop.

Will try and snap a few pics.

KJTB

Flib said:
Yeah, one of them takes you both levels. Either come back to the other later, or level an alt.

Oh, that's kinda lame :/

Maybe I'll come back and do one for gold/to experience the content.

J-Rzez

Dipindots said:
So tempted to faction change my DK to goblin...

but 30 dollars...

Goddamnit Blizzard.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about going either Goblin or Orc for my DK. Orc is probably the best PVE race, while Goblins are seemingly a good mixture of both PVE and PVP, easily a close 2nd PVE race for the DK, and probably the same for PVP.

KJTB

J-Rzez said:
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about going either Goblin or Orc for my DK. Orc is probably the best PVE race, while Goblins are seemingly a good mixture of both PVE and PVP, easily a close 2nd PVE race for the DK, and probably the same for PVP.

I'd go goblin strictly for pvp. I know that the rocket jump racial will get nerfed after blizzard milks millions of dollars from us... But it's so hard to resist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom