• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordmrw

Looks like no CE for me. I'd swear I went back and had them change my preorder to the CE but god damn it no luck. I'm not holding my breath for it, but maybe I'll buy it online, keep the extras and give the box and game to a friend of mine who I know wants to sign up again but doesn't have the money to buy it.

J-Rzez

Part of me thinks that Blizzard screwed over the EST'ers so there'd be far less loading on the servers. Probably hoping people would just say "Fuck-it, I'll log on tomorrow". This isn't good though, I'm pretty wiped out already myself. :lol

DeathNote said:
Ok... you can get a full set of greens in the starter zone andhave an average item level of 272.

There are also greens that are 289, 318.

Assuming this is accurate:
Code:
Instance name 	          ilvl required      	ilvl drops
Blackrock Caverns 	        xxx   	         279
Throne of the Tides 	        xxx 		        279
The Stonecore 	                272 	        	316
Vortex Pinnacle 	                272 	         	316
Grim Batol 	                305 	        	333
Halls of Origination 	        305 	        	333
Lost City of the Tol'Vir 	305 	        	333
Heroic Instances 	        329 	                346

You should be able to make two sets of green, healing and dps, and do all normal instances and gear up both specs to do heroics.

All you need to do is level in the new zones mang.
Hmm, well, thanks a lot for all of this. Looks like I am going to have to solo. Oh well...

Flib

Ugh, my Collector's Edition is still listed as Shipping Soon on Amazon, and still says tomorrow as the estimated arrival date. What is going on, it's like 9:20 here.

Magnus

J-Rzez said:
Part of me thinks that Blizzard screwed over the EST'ers so there'd be far less loading on the servers. Probably hoping people would just say "Fuck-it, I'll log on tomorrow". This isn't good though, I'm pretty wiped out already myself. :lol

Likewise....but I just took a trip downstairs to the grocery. I'm ready now.

155322_10100112091340132_28106779_59050885_3516254_n.jpg

iammeiam

Flib said:
Ugh, my Collector's Edition is still listed as Shipping Soon on Amazon, and still says tomorrow as the estimated arrival date. What is going on, it's like 9:20 here.

Amazon does that; I'm Pacific timezone and I've had stuff switch from Shipping Soon to Shipped at like 11 PM. UPS got it a few hours before, Amazon just hadn't updated their system yet. It's pretty common for preorders from them.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Yeah, makes sense.

For some reason I've been up since 4am EST. I don't plan to do and firsts tho.

Flib

iammeiam said:
Amazon does that; I'm Pacific timezone and I've had stuff switch from Shipping Soon to Shipped at like 11 PM. UPS got it a few hours before, Amazon just hadn't updated their system yet. It's pretty common for preorders from them.

Yeah, I know, I was just getting nervous as I absolutely NEED this tomorrow.

Anyway, just shipped!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Apparently people have gotten to 82 in 2 hours

Many live streams show that in about 2hours people were already 82, umm is this how the experience scale was intended?

Intended? No. Possible? Sure.

People can rush, use some interesting mechanics, and rocket their way to 85 if they really want to. It's a small percentage of those racing to 85.

Rokam

Yeah unless you have others rocketing with you, it's lonely at the top. However you will get a shot at rare spawns first! And probably something else I'm forgetting.

Magnus

God damn it, the plan was to be asleep by now so I could get up at 2:30am somewhat rested enough to play for 5 hours before going to school.

Instead, I'm eating fucking pizza pops, watching TV, excited out of my mind to the point where sleep just won't be possible, and I'll still be playing right at 3am. Fuck.

I'm going to get my second wind at 4am, and then crash so fucking hard right as class starts at 10am. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Freyjadour said:
AoE farming? Happens everytime. I remember a Mage hitting 80 on my server in like record time and people generally freaking out.
If they are, they'd have to do it in the new zones cause apparently lich king mobs only grant 10% of normal rep to an 80.

Rokam

I don't think I could level and not read quest text. It's a nasty habit of mine. :lol, Good luck to all of you racing for realm firsts!

Flib

Spent my last night in WotLK knocking out my last couple of acheives for Glory of the Hero, got my Red Proto-Drake. Accomplished most of the things I wanted to before Cata, so I'm pleased.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Hey guys!

Bear with me for this one because it might be a bit long, but it involves a giveaway of limited edition (so limited theres only 1 of them!) Astrogaming A40's, maybe some Gamer Soap giveaways too, cute girls, funny dudes, launch parties and of course WoW Cataclysm!

Alright so a little site some of you may have heard of does a weekly WoW show called Legendary (ahead of Oprah on itunes) and this week for the launch of Cata they're going to be live streaming 2 launch parties on the internet. The first one will be from a Gamestop in San Fransisco with a cute girl named Kenzie and a dude some of you might recognize from Zam and his BFF Report, MikeB. (FFXIV Copypasta video anyone?)

If you're going to the midnight launch at the Gamestop in San Fransisco be on the lookout for these two! They will have a pretty fancy live stream/camera setup and they will be interviewing people in line so if you're there make sure you shoutout NeoGAF (and me! :p)

The other party they are streaming is from the Best Buy in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This one is going to be pretty intense because they will actually be letting people inside the store and they will have plasma TV's setup streaming the show inside the store! They will also be giving away the WoW mouse/headsets and $25 gift cards to Best Buy.

This show is going to be hosted by the one and only Lore from Tankspot.com/The Weekly Marmot/Gamebreaker, he will also be live streaming from inside the Best Buy so if you're there again, shoutout NeoGAF and me! They are also going to have free wireless setup for everyone so they can mess around on their electronic devices while waiting, and so they can play when the servers go up! And also a DJ!

Here the flier:

CataclysmFlier.jpg

This show is also going to be rebroadcast in Best Buy's all across the country (they will have TV's setup) so you might get lucky and be at one of those!

During the show they will be giving away a one of a kind Gamebreaker.tv edition of Astrogaming A40's ($200 retail, used in MLG)

astro_a40_audio_system.jpg

ANYONE can win these, you just have to be in the stream while its happening, details will be given later! There may also be some Gamer Soap given away!

The stream officially starts at 8PST but will be going up a little bit earlier so you can come chill in the chat for now if you want. So come check out the stream, see some cute girls, win some free stuff, and if you like it share it with your friends! It hasn't even started we're already up over 1,200 viewers! Thanks for giving me your time and putting up with this post :p

Oh and one more thing, when the parties are over Lore and Mike B will both have live streams of them going for server first 85, so be sure to stick around and watch the sleep deprivation kick in.

www.gamebreaker.tv/live

Or alternatively;

http://www.justin.tv/gamebreakertv

Magnus

Jesus Christ, would never have imagined we'd have some people cap before North America got to play the game at all. :lol :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
keeblerdrow said:
Prot Paladin supremacy.
"World of Warcraft player and record-holder 'Athene' has just powerlevelled the world's first level 79 character, Darus, in World of Warcraft while going for world first level 80 using a mob-tagging method that was confirmed by Blizzard GM Aegeoth to be perfectly legal in the game (as shown in screenshot at the link below). Somehow the team still got illegitimately banned right before hitting level 80 by GM calordion."

Meteorain

Right well, just going to go to bed here EU side. Halfway to 82 and been levelling in Vash'jir. It's pretty awesome so far underwater. Took a while to get logged in, but once I did, things were pretty smooth.

Took a bit of competition initially but I slowly pulled ahead and not much of a hassle now for quest mobs/items.

Tbh....would continue playing into the morning, but unfortunately I have a 6hr lab experiment next day at uni. What annoys me most is that most of it is me just waiting around -.-

Rokam

What the fuck is with that guys gear. Using healing gear reforged with tank stats lol.

Edit: I'm hearing archaeology is painful and they nerfed the amount of fragments you get per dig. Hooray, better chance of competition quitting! (I've leveled fishing on 5 characters, I'm immune to boring shit)

Rokam

Pokemon-Gaf assemble, which name should I use for my goblin shaman Electivire or Rotom? Sadly Elekid & Electabuzz were taken.

Edit: GM got back to me, person who holds the name I want still has an active account and thus they can't rename it.

So disappointed I'm not going to be able to start right off in the new Cataclysm zones tomorrow. My Paladin is only 78 :(. Going to have to install, level to 80 and then go hit the Cataclysm zones.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Entropia said:
I swear to god, some guy on here(GAF) admitted to being Athene.
Not too sure about that, but one of the people behind many of the ideas of Athene and other assorted short films does indeed post here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Weenerz said:
He's probably using exploit to do this. If you read his history, he is a douche.
I remember people doing this in Wrath and getting long bans for it. Worst idea ever.

Twig

Banned
mcrae said:
what the fuck
Pretty self-explanatory.
ATHENE, Inc. is committed to achieving the highest level of quality in everything we undertake. Quality, integrity and timely service are key to our success in today’s competitive marketplace, in client relations and in our continued growth. Our success depends on your satisfaction, a fact we never forget!
No exploits in here.

i don't know man it's just a thing

Some loser bear is camped on top of the flight master, Bralla, in SW trying to block people from clicking on her.

When I point out the /target macro and the Interact with Target key, I'm the loser somehow.

Gods, I love wow. Endlessly entertaining...

J-Rzez

Just got back and I have to say, either Amazon/DD has taken it's toll on this game, or people just said "screw it, i'll get it tomorrow", as there were only 30-some people in line, in which with Wrath there were about 200 in just one store location.

How are people level 84 already? I'll be pissed if it doesn't take long to hit 85.

WOW.. 85 already. Sad Blizzard, sad.

Weenerz

Banned
Got home in record time. I guess it was too cold outside for people. Already entered my CE key.

Quick question for the EU GAFers that bought the CE, the loot card you get with the game, what does it give you?

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
Just got back and I have to say, either Amazon/DD has taken it's toll on this game, or people just said "screw it, i'll get it tomorrow", as there were only 30-some people in line, in which with Wrath there were about 200 in just one store location.

How are people level 84 already? I'll be pissed if it doesn't take long to hit 85.

WOW.. 85 already. Sad Blizzard, sad.
Cmon now J, you can't blame Blizz for this.

They were just tagging mobs and having a raid of 20+ behind them doing all the killing. People that use tactics like that will obviously zoom to the top.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Cmon now J, you can't blame Blizz for this.

They were just tagging mobs and having a raid of 20+ behind them doing all the killing. People that use tactics like that will obviously zoom to the top.

Oh is that what they did then? Well screw them, hacks. This is why "Realm/Server/World Firsts" are jokes. I hope Blizzard says "LOLToS, even though you didn't really cheat, you're still a hack, no title for you".

What is the "average time" for normal people doing a normal routine to hit cap this xpac? Anyone have any idea?

Oh well, installed, updated, ready to go. G'nite for a couple hours lol.

Twig

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Oh is that what they did then? Well screw them, hacks. This is why "Realm/Server/World Firsts" are jokes. I hope Blizzard says "LOLToS, even though you didn't really cheat, you're still a hack, no title for you".

What is the "average time" for normal people doing a normal routine to hit cap this xpac? Anyone have any idea?
I agree. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom