• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
Not much longer here for us in the USA. Haven't been this excited for a WoW expansion since The Burning Crusade. Go fuck yourself WotLK.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
I shall give it a go. I usually just get a small (8oz?) sugar free Red Bull and since I don't drink energy drinks often it gets me pumped up quickly. I'm down to try something else though.

Thanks for the tip. I also got some fruit like someone else had posted. Bananas and grapes, yay! And some Hot & Spicy Cheez-its...because they are so good. :D

EDIT: And my only final is today...so my schedule is very free for Cata leveling. Plus I took two days of PTO from work! :D
I prefer lattes. They keep me from getting all edgy the way energy drinks do. But maybe that's just me.

Macattk15

Dina said:
Not gonna do midnight gaming. Set my alarm clock to 08:00 and I'm free all day. Woot!

Yeah I used tomorrow as a vacation day, got 5 to use out of all my vacation days left before the end of the year anyway ... so why not use one tomorrow!

I'll still probably wake up at 3am and get started on the Worgen. Intentionally got little sleep last night so I'd be tired around 8-9pm and sleep till round 3am. Gonna be good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UnblessedSoul said:
Holy crap ghostcrawlers going to the game midnight launch in london?
You're surprised he leaves his house? It's a pretty major game launch.

Angry Grimace

UnblessedSoul said:
I thought he would be at a launch area in USA somewhere, maybe I should go and tell how much ret pallys suck
Ret Pallies were doing the highest dps on the beta

Lumine

Hey do you guys recommend using a pvp spec or a pve spec for levelling at 80? I've always levelled as pve, but I'm thinking the extra damage won't be as useful as the extra utility for questing, but I'm not sure.

ultron87

So I was trying to finish up a few left over quests last night, I got to the The Hunter and the Prince in Icecrown.

The quests sounds super cool, but I can't for the life of me find the "blood-stained rock" you're supposed to pick up to start the flashback. This was incredibly frustrating.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
So is a sealed WotLK CE worth anything? I found one at Circuit City for a bit cheaper than it was originally priced and it's been sitting in my room for fucking ever. Thinking about busting it open and using the code. If I'm not gonna sell it then I might as well use it. Better than letting it rot there. :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ultron87 said:
So I was trying to finish up a few left over quests last night, I got to the The Hunter and the Prince in Icecrown.

The quests sounds super cool, but I can't for the life of me find the "blood-stained rock" you're supposed to pick up to start the flashback. This was incredibly frustrating.
I doesn't sound like it could be that hard, somewhere in a 30 yard radius around the quest giver, but I honestly vaguely remember doing it.

notworksafe

NameGenerated said:
So is a sealed WotLK CE worth anything? I found one at Circuit City for a bit cheaper than it was originally priced and it's been sitting in my room for fucking ever. Thinking about busting it open and using the code. If I'm not gonna sell it then I might as well use it. Better than letting it rot there. :p
The only one on eBay with any bids is sitting at $10.49. Couldn't hurt to toss it up there for a week and see what happens though.

EDIT: There's another at $41.99 with bids as well.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
ultron87 said:

The rock isnt that far from the quest giver. Its like right in the middle of the field in front of the citadel. The rock isnt that small, so i dunno how you could not find it, unless you were only looking a few yards around the quest giver himself.

Kweh said:
So what are some good Goblin names? :lol

I guess anything that sound like "money", "greed" or "explosion/boom" would fit a goblin.

NameGenerated said:
I'd buy the art book from you if you end up opening it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I wanted to name mine Jareth and that's not happening 'cause it's too popular. Other than that I'm at a blank.

I refuse to add accent marks.

ultron87

Bisnic said:
The rock isnt that far from the quest giver. Its like right in the middle of the field in front of the citadel. The rock isnt that small, so i dunno how you could not find it, unless you were only looking a few yards around the quest giver himself.

I literally made concentric circles moving out around the quest giver and could not find it. Either I'm a total idiot, or the quest was messed up or something. In the end, not a huge deal, but I would like to do that quest at some point.

I'll check it again when I get home from work, hopefully it'll be there.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Why exactly can you not create two death knights on the same server? You can make a lot split between every server.

Edit: Trade skill alts I suppose?

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
Why exactly can you not create two death knights on the same server? You can make a lot split between every server.

All your bank alts and tradeskill alts would be like level 55, and part of the problem is that tradeskills and such have level requirements you coul defeat quickly if you could just get level 55 guys instantly.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:

If you have 1 death knight on a server you can still xfer over as many as you want, fwiw.

Kweh said:
So what are some good Goblin names? :lol
Mine is going to be named Moneystacks

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'd never spend money xfering a second one and I don't want to fool with a second DK in general. It's just something I never cared about and suddenly wondered.

notworksafe

I was just noting that it was possible to have multiple Death Knights on the same server...for whatever reason people would have for doing that.

Rapstah

Why does so much shit insist on appearing this exact week? I won't be able to play until late on Thursday at this rate. Not like I'm in a guild rushing to take down Al'Akir within hours, but darn it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HildyB said:
Just make a character with the name. once it's live, delete character and remake as a Worgen.
But.... make sure you spend time designing the look before you delete the placeholder so you don't waste time. It's possible someone could create the name the second you delete it.

Edit: I wish they gave you a level to change the looks.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Majine said:
500 queue on my server, 3 hours til Cata.

Not to self: Once you get in DON'T LOG THE FUCK OUT. WHATEVER YOU DO.
Well....

"To the best of my knowledge a full restart of the game client will be necessary after midnight PST before you'll be able to port into Cataclysm zones, begin earning XP past 80, create goblin/worgen, etc.

There's no planned maintenance. It all happens while the realms are live."

"I remember opening the portal for BC was smooth. I remember turning on the portals to Northrend being smooth.

The only trick, at least for BC, was logging out and back in before you could port to Outland. I'm not sure if the same was true for Northrend, although I was doing it anyway. Either way, there's no maintenance period planned for midnight, it's just a command we run on all the servers, and assuming your account is upgraded, shazam, everything opens up."

Edit: But, after that he said "I will verify exactly what's necessary tomorrow! " so it's still unknown.

Atomski said:
New levelin gear looks nice

WoWScrnShot_120510_151514.jpg

Usually look like a circus clown by mid 40s.
I'm running a Pally that I rerolled as my main and I'm currently lvl 43, which is the highest lvl I've ever been in WoW.

I'm curious as where you get this "leveling gear" set from? Which zones/quests/etc ?

I last played WoW back in the original vanilla days, spring 2005, and only made to lvl 42 before I gave the game up so I could focus on graduating from college.

Angry Grimace

If you are in the US, there will not be a significant queue. Most people are not lunatics like us who will stay up to play at midnight.

I logged on fine during Wrath's launch at midnight. The next day, though there was a queue of a few thousand. It only takes like 5 minutes to log with a queue that long though. Don't convince yourself it's like half an hour or something.

Angry Grimace said:
If you are in the US, there will not be a significant queue. Most people are not lunatics like us who will stay up to play at midnight.

I logged on fine during Wrath's launch at midnight. The next day, though there was a queue of a few thousand. It only takes like 5 minutes to log with a queue that long though. Don't convince yourself it's like half an hour or something.

If you're on Mal'Ganis it's going to be like an hour wait.

They should prioritize queues though. If you're a tank, front of the line!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom