• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Wait, is there any way to jump on an EU server with the US client?

Trying out the goblin/worgen starting areas would be a great way to kill the 9 hours till our servers go live.

Atomski

So I am just about to hit 58 on my warrior and move to BC. So not looking forward to it :(. Im going to miss the old world changes. Not much a fan of outland besides Nagrand.

QQ

Retro

I'm not sure whether I'll roll a Male or Female Goblin Hunter, so I grabbed both "Howitzer" and "Hackwrench" on my main server. The first would have pets named after military vehicles (A Bear named Panzer, for example) while the second would probably have pets named after characters from the awesome cartoons Disney used to make when I was a wee lad. I figure since I'll be going Engineering that last name is fitting :lol.

I'm still shocked that the name "Starkweather" is available on most servers. Got an Undead Rogue I'm rolling with my brother (when he can find the time to play) and I was surprised nobody had taken that.

Anyways, good luck at all the Midnight launches and such. I digitally downloaded but I'm not saying up until 3 AM to play. I'll definitely be sucked in tomorrow though.

KJTB

Atomski said:
So I am just about to hit 58 on my warrior and move to BC. So not looking forward to it :(. Im going to miss the old world changes. Not much a fan of outland besides Nagrand.

QQ

Outlands goes by REALLY quickly so it's not so bad.

I got burned out on my new alt after doing like 5 quests in northrend :lol

I was surprised at some of the names that I secured for my goblin/worgen alts...

Fotm wasn't even taken.

Rokam

Will Blizzard delete a character if you ask if it hasn't been accessed in ages? I want the name Brink (guild name is Team Pup N Suds) but some person whose profile won't come up on armory has it.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Oh, huh. I'm sitting at login and didn't notice it was the 6th already! :lol :lol :lol
What's the skinny on EU timing?

Ed: ALL NIGHTER BABY WOOO EU Gaf we should all meet, create lvl1 characters of the new races and mess about all morning!

Connecting...

notworksafe

Rokam said:
Will Blizzard delete a character if you ask if it hasn't been accessed in ages? I want the name Brink (guild name is Team Pup N Suds) but some person whose profile won't come up on armory has it.
Petition a GM. They often will if the character doesn't show up on Armory.

Kraftwerk

Magnus said:

Trying out the goblin/worgen starting areas would be a great way to kill the 9 hours till our servers go live.
There used to be a way. You just had to change the IP in one of the config files. I dont know if it is still possible with the battlenet change. Im gonna look it up now.

Rokam said:

My account was deactivated for 2 years and everything is as I left it. They only keep active characters in the armoury but they are never deleted unless you delete them.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Magnus said:

The concept is the same as dual boxing. You need to have a European account with all the expansions and pay the European monthly fee. Even with that, I'm not sure if the patches differ. Europe may have some different languages and such.

What's the best way to get my paladin's healing set up to snuff for leveling dungeons?

I'd jump right in with instances (I don't like soloing, even new zones, it's just not fun for me), but since I just dinged to 80 last week and am only around ilvl 210, I don't know if that is smart.

I would also love to tank, but I think that will be more of a stretch than healing with my gear. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
What's the best way to get my paladin's healing set up to snuff for leveling dungeons?

I'd jump right in with instances (I don't like soloing, even new zones, it's just not fun for me), but since I just dinged to 80 last week and am only around ilvl 210, I don't know if that is smart.

I would also love to tank, but I think that will be more of a stretch than healing with my gear. :lol
WOTLK heroics require 180 and they are faceroll easy.

80-85 quest rewards will better prepare you for normal 80-85 dungeons.

Heh (not me btw).

2wq7g1z.jpg

DeathNote said:
WOTLK heroics require 180 and they are faceroll easy.

80-81 quest rewards will better prepare you for normal dungeons.
I didn't even think about leveling through heroics...lmao.

I wonder if I get all the ICC 5 man stuff, I can then jump into Cata 5 man and just not have to do any soloing.

Retro

Rokam said:

As Notworksafe said, petition a GM. At the very least, it can't hurt to try. I'm not sure if there's any clear guidelines by which they will give a name to you, but I would imagine that they have a certain level of account inactivity that has to be met before it can be considered.

That's how I got the name "Howitzer", since I like the idea of a little green guy running around with a huge gun.

I'm sure there's a ton of great names that inactive dickholes are squatting on, so it never hurts to try. I just wouldn't do it a lot.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I didn't even think about leveling through heroics...lmao.

I wonder if I get all the ICC 5 man stuff, I can then jump into Cata 5 man and just not have to do any soloing.
I'm not sure, the random dungeon finder may only let you do cat dungeons at 80. Maybe 81.

The quest greens will surely be better than any wotlk heroic epic.

Rokam

A couple EU servers already have realm first 525 cooking :lol. So many people are going to be pissed they couldn't get in :/.

Logged in, learnt flying, EPIC. Goto hyjal via quest on dragon, land and die instantly to a 20K crit from an angry guard, then the game locks up.

Ah... Memories..... :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Zygors guide got pretty.

A great guide if you need to level asap.

I hope the oceanic servers aren't too busy tonight :lol

Rokam

DeathNote said:
Didn't know about this
Yeah just set that up and made a macro to target the flight trainer, so much easier now.

So while us Americans have to wait, lets share some launch day stories! Back when BC was released we had one of the worst ice storms here, and Gamestop still decided to have a midnight release. My nephew and I packed my car full of blankets (heater didn't work). We had a lot of fun driving the normally 20 minute drive, which became about an hour. The line was ridiculous luckily the store was inside of a mall. And there was somebody randomly dressed as Darth Vader who the employees constantly made fun of, was the only midnight launch I went to but it was an enjoyable time. Looking back it was really stupid to go out and drive during that shit.

DeathNote said:
I'm not sure, the random dungeon finder may only let you do cat dungeons at 80. Maybe 81.

The quest greens will surely be better than any wotlk heroic epic.
Ya, I'm sure they will. The problem that I'm suspecting is that even if I do decide to quest, which I'd prefer not to, I'll need to pick up the dps plate rewards in order to progress in the content, not the healing plate--because I certainly won't be questing as holy.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
"Level 80 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Lich King creatures.
"

Looks like if any people were planning to grind instances or Lich King mobs while they wait for the first quest hub in each leveling zone to thin out are out of luck.

Never heard of this as a plan.

DeathNote said:
"Level 80 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Lich King creatures.
"

Looks like if any people were planning to grind instances or Lich King mobs while they wait for the first quest hub in each leveling zone to thin out are out of luck.

Never heard of this as a plan.
Well, that sucks. I will probably just keep leveling my hunter then. He's 77, so I will have pretty smooth sailing to get him to 80 ... then I'll have 3 80s to choose from.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Ya, I'm sure they will. The problem that I'm suspecting is that even if I do decide to quest, which I'd prefer not to, I'll need to pick up the dps plate rewards in order to progress in the content, not the healing plate--because I certainly won't be questing as holy.
You could probably build two green sets easily. When you get into the blue quest rewards, it might be possible, but you could just prioritize blue healing gear.

Full green is an average of 272.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ok... you can get a full set of greens in the starter zone andhave an average item level of 272.

There are also greens that are 289, 318.

Assuming this is accurate:
Code:
Instance name 	          ilvl required      	ilvl drops
Blackrock Caverns 	        xxx   	         279
Throne of the Tides 	        xxx 		        279
The Stonecore 	                272 	        	316
Vortex Pinnacle 	                272 	         	316
Grim Batol 	                305 	        	333
Halls of Origination 	        305 	        	333
Lost City of the Tol'Vir 	305 	        	333
Heroic Instances 	        329 	                346

You should be able to make two sets of green, healing and dps, and do all normal instances and gear up both specs to do heroics.

All you need to do is level in the new zones mang.

itxaka

Defeatist
DeathNote said:
Ok... you can get a full set of greens in the starter zone andhave an average item level of 272.

There are also greens that are 289, 318.

Assuming this is accurate:
Code:
Instance name 	          ilvl required      	ilvl drops
Blackrock Caverns 	        xxx   	         279
Throne of the Tides 	        xxx 		        279
The Stonecore 	                272 	        	316
Vortex Pinnacle 	                272 	         	316
Grim Batol 	                305 	        	333
Halls of Origination 	        305 	        	333
Lost City of the Tol'Vir 	305 	        	333
Heroic Instances 	        329 	                346

You should be able to make two sets of green, healing and dps, and do all normal instances and gear up both specs to do heroics.

All you need to do is level in the new zones mang.

yep, 15 misions in and I already got 2 272 green pieces and a 272 sword. good fucking gear.

Evlar

Banned
In today's edition of Mistakes in Quest Text, we highlight the Defias Brotherhood questline in Dustwallow. This questline is riddled with clunky descriptions and redacted threats since all of the premises of the questline have been unmade: You are meant to deliver to Jaina the dire news that the Defias have taken a hand in holding Varian Wrynn hostage, and that even more dire, the malefactor in this plot is Lady Prestor, advisor to Anduin Wrynn, and ONYXIA IN DISGUISE!!!

Well...

Varian Wrynn is no longer captured but busy modeling for statues in Stormwind between bouts of fury and his scheduled afternoon orc-smashing. Lady Prestor is no longer advising Anduin, because Onyxia is no longer Lady Prestor, because Onyxia is fucking DEAD. And the Defias have been all but wiped out by SI:7 and some dog-men. The Defias in Dustwallow are just the last to hear the news.

This leads to awkward missions, such as delivering an URGENT MESSAGE from Jaina to Varian informing him that... oh, you're alive. And you were held hostage, but you aren't now. But we know who did it! It was Onyxia! Who you already killed... And the Defias! Aha! Varian responds to this stunning news with his customary fury and vows to destroy the dastardly Defias, who nevertheless persist in wandering aimlessly on a handful of islands off Dustwallow.

But the best part is the trip back to Theramore, given to you free-of-charge at the King's expense through a custom portal by Archmage Malin. When redeeming your One (1) Free Portal you explain that you are working under orders from Lord Bolvar! The Lich King himself commands you! What a sudden unexpected twist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom