• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So when does this go up? I bought the digital version, but some stores are selling the retail version at 6pm here (east coast of Australia), which is practically midnight PST.

Adamm

When you get the retail copy is there anything to actually install?
I waas under the impression everything was already there in the lastest patch :lol
Or it just a patch on a disk with an authentication code?

mclem

Adamm said:
When you get the retail copy is there anything to actually install?
I waas under the impression everything was already there in the lastest patch :lol
Or it just a patch on a disk with an authentication code?

I would imagine it could include the instances and the worgen/goblin start areas, but they may have just dumped all that into the 4.0.3 update too.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
speedpop said:
So when does this go up? I bought the digital version, but some stores are selling the retail version at 6pm here (east coast of Australia), which is practically midnight PST.
Depends on if you play on European or American/Oceanic servers.

Dina

WOTLK account in the config set to CA.
Bought Cata online from eu.battle.net.
Launcher seems finished, well in the green.

I'm all set for tomorrow, right fellas?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dina said:
WOTLK account in the config set to CA.
Bought Cata online from eu.battle.net.
Launcher seems finished, well in the green.

I'm all set for tomorrow, right fellas?
If you had to do it manually it's CT in config.wtf and launcher.wtf

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Last day of WOTLK. Yay!

I wont miss you at all Nexus, VH, UP, HOL, Oculus, OK and everything else.

Lumine

Eh, I loved most of Wrath really, it was a great expansion overall. Cataclysm just seems to be, once again, a big step ahead.

Currently contemplating if I should just upgrade my account digitally or wait 'till tomorrow to see if I can find it in stores in the hopes of saving a few measly euro's. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Lumine said:
Eh, I loved most of Wrath really, it was a great expansion overall. Cataclysm just seems to be, once again, a big step ahead.

Currently contemplating if I should just upgrade my account digitally or wait 'till tomorrow to see if I can find it in stores in the hopes of saving a few measly euro's. :lol
It's cheaper in store?

Lumine

Many retail stores always offer certain games slightly cheaper than others. For example Gran Turismo 5 was 69 euro's at one store and only 49 euro's at a store no more than 20 meters further down the road. I don't know how strict these stores will be with the pricing for Cataclysm though. I'm kind of doubting I'll be able to find it cheaper at all, so I might just go digital so I can actually play it tonight.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
As of an hour ago, there's no maintenance period or downtime planned. Might have to restart the client at midnight PST.

Hopefully waiting in Org and counting down like it's the new years ball will be fun.

Aesthet1c

mclem said:
I would imagine it could include the instances and the worgen/goblin start areas, but they may have just dumped all that into the 4.0.3 update too.

When I purchased the digital copy my WoW client downloaded like another 1 GB, so I believe there is still stuff to install. However this may just be an update that is activated at midnight.

Flib

mclem said:
My CE is in a van somewhere in the vicinity, and the weather isn't *too* bad, here's hoping!

A quick question: Anyone who did the beta got a reasonable handle on what quest chains you should do to put each of the instances into context? I'm curious as to what actually leads up to Blackrock Caverns and Throne of Tides in story terms; it'd be nice to do them for the first time with an idea of where they stand.

Edit: And I just had the email that there's a parcel in reception for me. Woo!

Now watch it be some thingy I ordered from amazon and completely forgot about.

Blackrock Caverns doesn't really have a lead-in, or at least one that I saw. Throne of the Tides is a culmination of everything that happens in Vash'jir. I can ruin that, but I'd recommend actually doing the zone. It's pretty epic.

Milpool

Mr. Postman! \o/

IGeVO.jpg

Only 8 hours to go.

Ridli

Can you feel it? Less than 17 hours!

I tell you I'm going to be leaving work tonight at 5:30 on the dot. Gotta go grocery shopping. That stockpile picture made me realize that my pantry is not prepared for Cataclysm. Not going to get nearly as much sugar though, Light help you if you're downing that much Red Bull, Caffeine, and nothing but high-sugar fruits. Whoever's eating that, please have some bread or, maybe microwave a potato, or something.

Anyway, after much thinking, I'm going to take my main out to Hyjal first. I don't care if it's going to be packed with people. I want to show Rag I'm not impressed with his return. I still have his hammer, and he should learn to fear his own weapons.

Who is sending you guys these shipments a day early?

Fularu said:
Fuck you amazon, you delayed the shipping of my CE to december 10... Now I have to go to Futureshop early tomorow :(
Did you have release day delivery selected?

Magnus

Uuuuuuggghhhh, this is so not the week at school for this game to be coming out. :lol

Man, this game is totally going to ruin my academic life for a week. :lol

mclem

The Lamonster said:
How's the art book in the CE? Is it equal quality to the excellent StarCraft II CE art book?

Well, if you're talking in terms of production quality, hardback, nice cover, 170 pages. If you're on about content... I'm not really in a position to judge. It's, er, very pretty.

Meteorain

Still waiting on my order from GAME. It should be here tomorrow; Tues. So I *should* be in time. According to their tracking log it has been despatched.

Unfortunately I don't know whether Parcelforce or Royal Mail are delivering it and I have no code to check their tracking system either!

mclem said:
Well, if you're talking in terms of production quality, hardback, nice cover, 170 pages. If you're on about content... I'm not really in a position to judge. It's, er, very pretty.
Fucking A. I stare at The Art of Warcraft and The Art of StarCraft II all the damn time.

If anybody with the original WoW art book or the Burning Crusade/WOTLK art books wants to sell them, send me a PM!

Fularu

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Who is sending you guys these shipments a day early?

Did you have release day delivery selected?
Yes, but since it's a "CE", they encountered "issues" and will sending it "late on friday"

In short, fuck you amazon.ca

Fularu said:
Yes, but since it's a "CE", they encountered "issues" and will sending it "late on friday"

In short, fuck you amazon.ca
Wow, that is lame. I ordered my CE through Amazon as well (US) but they haven't delayed it yet. When did you place the order?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
haha i didn't know the authenticator was ported to PC

Desktop ports

It is possible to reimplement the specification to run the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator also directly on the PC. It is difficult to say, whether this is less secure or not in comparison to running it on a real mobile device. Of cause an attacker could read out the necessarily stored secret code calculation key from the PC via a trojan and so breaks the security of such a PC authenticator. But with a trojan on the PC of the victim, the attacker could also read the typed authenticator code when the victim is logging into the game, interrupting the connection of the victim and using the current authenticator code by itself for immediate game login (maybe with a bot) while preventing further game logins of the victim via the trojan.

List of desktop ports with public source code availability:

* WinAuth
* Yet another Blizzard Authenticator emulator

It is also possible to run Blizzards implementation within a mobile phone emulator on the desktop.

ultron87

Aren't you supposed to not be able to go into Gilneas until tomorrow? Or at least you'd have to have a Cataclysm account installed for it?

Because I totally just walked in there yesterday. It was entirely empty, but I was in there.

I'm guessing you can't do the same with the Goblin zone, since it's a separate Load Screen or whatever?

ultron87 said:
Aren't you supposed to not be able to go into Gilneas until tomorrow? Or at least you'd have to have a Cataclysm account installed for it?

Because I totally just walked in there yesterday. It was entirely empty, but I was in there.

I'm guessing you can't do the same with the Goblin zone, since it's a separate Load Screen or whatever?

I'm pretty sure Gilneas will be empty after release tomorrow too, it's just there as a phased starting zone.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ultron87 said:

You entered the Ruins of Gilneas. You wont see people leveling unless you make a Worgen.

Fularu

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Wow, that is lame. I ordered my CE through Amazon as well (US) but they haven't delayed it yet. When did you place the order?
Mid october, as soon as the CE was up.

In short, typical amazon.ca bullshit

Raiden

Banned
Hey guys, a question, my gf and i are buying Cata tomorrow, the thing is she has a problem with her laptop the dvd-drive does not work anymore, is there a way to download the whole thing and then enter the code she gets from the retail version?

Thanks in advance.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Raiden said:
Hey guys, a question, my gf and i are buying Cata tomorrow, the thing is she has a problem with her laptop the dvd-drive does not work anymore, is there a way to download the whole thing and then enter the code she gets from the retail version?

Thanks in advance.
If she needs to do a 100% install you can download everything.

If you both have 4.0.3 installed neither of you need to stick the disk in.

Tamanon

Banned
Raiden said:

Thanks in advance.

Go to Battle.net and they should have a digital download available. If she already has an account flagged for the game/expansions she can just download it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DeathNote said:
You entered the Ruins of Gilneas. You wont see people leveling unless you make a Worgen.

Speaking of Gilneas, i love going in that zone during like 25% of Silverpine quests. But it kinda spoiled part of the Worgen starting zone, i didnt know that
Lord Gordfrey
died, since i only watched like the beginning of the Worgen quests. Guess we see him jumping down that cliff during some Worgen quest later.

And i love how his low lvl undead self could kill Sylvanas in 1 hit. She's lucky there was Valkyrs around.
:lol

Magnus

I'm officially going through Anticipatory Hyperactive Syndrome. Man. I remember this feeling. It hit for games like FFX, MGS2/4, Bioshock, Kingdom Hearts...these days, it's only a WoW expansion that has me losing my mind like this.

Fuck I'm excited. :D

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Neat guide. I like to recommend sugar-free Red Bull to people because you avoid the sugar crash when it wears off.

Bah, the only good redbull is mixed with vodka or jager.

If you want a decent energy shot, go with 5-hour energy extreme (black bottle). Zero crash, plus you can just continue to pound water instead of carbonated crap.

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
If you want a decent energy shot, go with 5-hour energy extreme (black bottle). Zero crash, plus you can just continue to pound water instead of carbonated crap.
Hm, those really work? Maybe I'll grab one on the way home from work tonight.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Hm, those really work? Maybe I'll grab one on the way home from work tonight.

Regular energy drinks don't work for me. Those 5 or 6 hour varieties do however. So I guess it's all up to the individual, we're all built differently. Doesn't hurt though, give it a shot and find out. Plus zero crash of course since there's no sugar in them, and they're usually around 4 calories a bottle.

I decided to go to a midnight launch. My dad wants to drop me off and pick me up. Hope there won't be too much of a line. Beats going tomorrow after classes.

5 more hours ;D

I think I'll play untill 1-1:30 am, go to bed, play a bit tomorrow morning, go to classes, do homework, play the rest of the day.

notworksafe

I shall give it a go. I usually just get a small (8oz?) sugar free Red Bull and since I don't drink energy drinks often it gets me pumped up quickly. I'm down to try something else though.

Thanks for the tip. I also got some fruit like someone else had posted. Bananas and grapes, yay! And some Hot & Spicy Cheez-its...because they are so good. :D

EDIT: And my only final is today...so my schedule is very free for Cata leveling. Plus I took two days of PTO from work! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom