• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Calantus said:
it wasn't on there, and it wasn't on the installer either. I found a person with the same problem on the forums, blue gave the link.

https://us.battle.net/account/management/add-game.html?style=upgrade-wow

for anyone who needs it.
it is.

1. battle.net>Account>games&Codes>Add or Upgrade an Account>Enter Game Key
2. battle.net>Account>World of Warcraft: Wotlk>Upgrade Available>Enter Cd Key

but that link is the best/easiest

Ridli

The local brick and mortars were decidedly unhelpful, so I'm saying screw you CE. Maybe I'll walk in later this week and find stacks of them, but I'm quite through with midnight releases. Digital upgrade complete and downloaded.

Time to do one last check of my UI/Bags and whatnot, and bring the snacks into convenient distances. Let's get this party started.

itxaka

Defeatist
wow so around 7 hours in. I'm just 81 and almost half. Great questing, flows really well. Still it feels like you are getting carried, like you have no choice on what to do as there is just a few missions and normally you can finish them all as they are all in the same small zone so you just do.

Underwater suck thougth. It's cool for a bit but this is too much IMO.

zlatko

Banned
:/ Still can't make a Worgren and it's 12:27AM here. What gives ?

Edit: Buddy just told me it's 2AM my time....fuuuuck.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Oh is that what they did then? Well screw them, hacks. This is why "Realm/Server/World Firsts" are jokes. I hope Blizzard says "LOLToS, even though you didn't really cheat, you're still a hack, no title for you".

What is the "average time" for normal people doing a normal routine to hit cap this xpac? Anyone have any idea?

Oh well, installed, updated, ready to go. G'nite for a couple hours lol.
It's supposed to be the same as Wrath's curve. I think the ultimate idea is that they don't want to go over 100 levels ever. I haven't heard anyone claim it's super short, at least.

Weenerz

Banned
The timer on MMO Champion makes it feel like its New Years Eve. 45 minutes and I'll shout happy new year and wake up my neighbors.

Rokam

Oh how I wish I could make all the people spamming spells and different shit on the trainer just disappear. 8 FPS ftw.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
YESSSS got the Collectors edition!

Gamestop was packed but the best buy in the same shopping center had 4 people in it!

GOBLINS HOOOOOOOOOOO:D

Edit* The Artbook is so beautiful, actually the whole packaging is much better than the Starcraft 2 collectors edition for sure! :D

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Do we need to log out and in at midnight to get the new content, or is everything just going to unlock automatically? I'm surprised there isn't any message saying what to expect in that regard.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah it's weird Blizzard haven't said anything about it. We want to know what to do at midnight.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Mr Nash said:
Do we need to log out and in at midnight to get the new content, or is everything just going to unlock automatically? I'm surprised there isn't any message saying what to expect in that regard.
Q. If I've already installed World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and upgraded my account, will I need to do anything special at midnight in order to access the new expansion content
A. Once Cataclysm is marked live on all realms, simply exit out to the login screen (the one featuring Deathwing's toothy grin) and log back in. This will provide you full access to the new content -- including the goblin and worgen races and level 80-85 zones.

If you're concerned that you won't know when to re-log, we've got you covered. After Cataclysm is marked live, if you're still logged in and are playing from an upgraded client, you'll be prompted with official in-game messaging that will instruct you to log out and then log back in.

More here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1251976654

edit: beaten

iammeiam

Given the mass goblin rush, I'm assuming it's going to take FOREVER to get out of the starting area as everyone kills everything at once.

Going to be AWESOME.

(Also awesome: after two hours and them taking the stove apart, my apartment management has resolved whatever was setting off a smoke alarm in a vacant apartment in my building, so my apartment will not likely burn down when the update goes live. Woooo.)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Deadly Cyclone said:
Is Area 52 a realm I can just join? I am going to start a goblin on there I think.
You can join any realm!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
iammeiam said:
Given the mass goblin rush, I'm assuming it's going to take FOREVER to get out of the starting area as everyone kills everything at once.

Going to be AWESOME.

(Also awesome: after two hours and them taking the stove apart, my apartment management has resolved whatever was setting off a smoke alarm in a vacant apartment in my building, so my apartment will not likely burn down when the update goes live. Woooo.)

not so awesome.....

but i plan to take my gobby to another lvling zone if its really crazy, i have 2 goblins to make!

EDIT* I GOT IT! A NAME FOR MY WORGEN! WORGENZOLA!!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do you hear that.

It's the sound of a million players furiously relogging and hammering the WoW hamsters into mincemeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom