• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So it seems my old guild has merger with a pretty hardcore raiding guild. I'm at most a "softcore" raider. Which outside of a couple friends (that I can still talk to through realid) leaves me with nothing keeping me on this server.

How is the horde guild on Area 52 raiding wise? I want to do some, but Im not going to be going incredibly hardcore. Also, what timezone is it in?

notworksafe

Deadly Cyclone said:
Why is area 52 locked?
Locked means there is a queue to get online.

Zerokku said:
So it seems my old guild has merger with a pretty hardcore raiding guild. I'm at most a "softcore" raider. Which outside of a couple friends (that I can still talk to through realid) leaves me with nothing keeping me on this server.

How is the horde guild on Area 52 raiding wise? I want to do some, but Im not going to be going incredibly hardcore. Also, what timezone is it in?
We're semi-hardcore. We usually do two raids a week. One for the more hardcore types that is focused on 10 man progression and another 10 man for alts and more casual raiders that is more relaxed. May be making another raid depending on how many people end up sticking around. We don't do 25s.

And we're EST.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
notworksafe said:
We're semi-hardcore. We usually do two raids a week. One for the more hardcore types that is focused on 10 man progression and another 10 man for alts and more casual raiders that is more relaxed. May be making another raid depending on how many people end up sticking around. We don't do 25s.

Awesome

And we're EST.

Not so awesome.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yo! Notworksafe, what's your in game name and can I get an invite to the mpromptu gaf guild? My current guild is filled with mutes.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
notworksafe said:
Most players in the guild itself are MST and CST, we just happen to play on an EST server.

Well thats good. I'm Arizona-MST. Debating between Area 52 and Deathwing at this point.

notworksafe

Halycon said:
Yo! Notworksafe, what's your in game name and can I get an invite to the mpromptu gaf guild? My current guild is filled with mutes.
Aurayouready.

EDIT: Getting off in about 5-10 mins so just add me to your friends list if I'm not on when you whisper.

Sooooooooo glad I decided to upgrade my computer before this came out.
It would be a shame to not enjoy how beautiful these new zones are.

AceBandage said:
Sooooooooo glad I decided to upgrade my computer before this came out.
It would be a shame to not enjoy how beautiful these new zones are.

I'm still stunned that I can run at a igher res with all effects turned on with higher fps than before Cata. Was there a major engine retune?

Magnus

This game is managing to be gorgeous for being so behind on tech (apparently; I don't know the ins/outs of it).

Deepholm is blowing me away. Killer-looking zone.

itxaka

Defeatist
Finished one of the new dungeons (Throne of the Tides) and fuck that was difficult :lol

The third boss was insane to do with a pug as they didn't knew what to do but we only wiped like 5 times. The rest of it was not bad at all. More difficult than wrath if you don't know them thats for sure as I was beating dungeons on wrath like a madman without any knowledge of them.

SUPARSTARX

Blah, first time in Stonecore on normal, mount dropped off Slabhide. I didn't win. The mount looks exactly like Slabhide himself.

wowscrnshot120710221927.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
CassSept said:
The leveling in Cata is much shorter than in WotLK. When I logged onto game before 1pm someone told me that half of Realm Firsts were already taken, I was shocked :lol During WotLK our overall 80 first was evening of the second day and some class realm firsts were contested until ummm... 3rd-4th day?
So far I'm up to 83 and I didn't really put that much of play time into the game. Actually these 3 levels took me less time than the first 2 levels back at WotLK launch (iirc back then a level took an average 5 hours to complete).

But well, overall, I'm enjoying it. I'm glad I actually caved in, this goddamn drug is going to keep me occupied for a couple of days :<
But again, it's because there's no real constructive way to prevent super fast leveling when everyone has 310% speed mounts that fly over obstacles.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So a friend called me up and gave me a gamecard code so i can see whats changed. Heres the first change ive noticed.

2igytd1.jpg

Its dropped a few hundred over the course of several hours. Its also said 2.5 hour wait for about 4 hours now.

Killed any desire i had to play :lol Did they do any payment server upgrades when centralizing everything through Bnet? You know things are going to be bad when any time a game launches things fuck up even if its not a game you are playing. Protip: Use Wow gamecard a week before Diablo 3 or the next SC2 expansion launches.

water_wendi said:
So a friend called me up and gave me a gamecard code so i can see whats changed. Heres the first change ive noticed.

2igytd1.jpg

Its dropped a few hundred over the course of several hours. Its also said 2.5 hour wait for about 4 hours now.

Killed any desire i had to play :lol Did they do any payment server upgrades when centralizing everything through Bnet? You know things are going to be bad when any time a game launches things fuck up even if its not a game you are playing. Protip: Use Wow gamecard a week before Diablo 3 or the next SC2 expansion launches.

I think I read it was a bug? You gotta delete your cookies or something

KJTB

markot said:
Brilliant >.< lol

Is there a reason that you type out ">.<" face or ">.>" face in every one of your posts?

You realize that it's way out of context right?...

You're one frustrated dude!

But anyways, Dexterworgen is the greatest pun name I have ever seen in WoW :lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
By the time I get to 85 I will need at least 7 more keybinds, not including skills from talent trees.

Fucking warlock action bars, how do they work?

Deepholm is the new Un'Goro Crater when it comes to mining. Just went from 480-525 mining elementium. Got about 8 stacks but I can't prospect it till my jewel crafting is at 475.

Ramirez

evlcookie said:
Dexterworgen. I love it :lol

My friend tried to get this name on a bunch of servers a few weeks ago and it was taken everywhere. I was cracking up, I would never think of stuff like this, he also wanted WorgenFreeman or some variant, but they were taken as well. :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Ramirez said:
My friend tried to get this name on a bunch of servers a few weeks ago and it was taken everywhere. I was cracking up, I would never think of stuff like this, he also wanted WorgenFreeman or some variant, but they were taken as well. :lol

I've got these name on my server:

WorgenFreemn
TracyWorgen
Volksworgen
Bandworgen

:lol I will probably never play any of them.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I finished Blasted Lands and the last quest put me at 57. I need to be 58 to quest in Outlands, right? I went through the dark portal and pooped my pants at what I saw. Where should I quest to get from 57 to 58? Sorry, I'm new to all this and completely lost.

Mutagenic said:
I finished Blasted Lands and the last quest put me at 57. I need to be 58 to quest in Outlands, right? I went through the dark portal and pooped my pants at what I saw. Where should I quest to get from 57 to 58? Sorry, I'm new to all this and completely lost.

Have you gone to winterspring or slitihus? They are both on kalimador. Winterspring is in the very north. Slithus is at the very south.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Dr. Pangloss said:
Have you gone to winterspring or slitihus? They are both on kalimador. Winterspring is in the very north. Slithus is at the very south.
Been to Winterspring, but I did a little research and you're right, Silithus it is.

Ok, it took me a lot of obsidium but I finally got to JC 475. The green gems go green at 467 for skill ups. At 475 the daily quest became available, so there is no level limit on it because I got it at 82. The quest involves cutting a random gem 3 times so it is a more expensive than the one in dalaran. And for those that want to know, it took about 12 stacks of obsidium to prospect the gems needed to reach 475. Once you get there you can then prospect elementium which I found is so much more easier to gather, especially in deepholm.

Edit: I should probably mention that I started at 425 with cataclysm gems. I had dropped my other gathering profession before the expansion. So it should be a lot less obsidium needed to get to 475. I would shoot for 10 stacks.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've been wondering, my PC looks like this :

CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2 GHz
Video card : Nvidia Geforce 9800 1gb
RAM : 4gb DDR2
Power supply : 550W
Resolution : 1980x1200

What should i upgrade if i want something like +50 FPS with Ultra view distance and high shadows in every zones(ignoring the obvious lagfest of SW/Orgrimmar and 25 man raids)?

As of right now, i can get something like 30-35 FPS on average in a zone like Vashjir with these current settings, but view distance and shadows are killing my FPS a little and i cant stand the pixelated static shadows that we get below the High option and i love seeing as far as i can. Low res shadows are horrible underwater or in snowy areas. And i wonder if getting a better video card would help or if something better than Geforce 9800 wont change anything for an old game like WoW. I dont think getting more RAM would change anything too.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
theultimo said:
Hyjal has a Joust clone in the WoW engine....its amazing :D
Are you kidding? Only poopsockers would enjoy that crap. No wonder it has an achievement tied to it.

I ranted in General that it was a POS and wondered how the hell it went through beta and yet people were begging for it to be a daily. I get some lousy companion and a blue item that Druids won't ever keep around? Fuck that.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Dr. Pangloss said:
Deepholm is the new Un'Goro Crater when it comes to mining. Just went from 480-525 mining elementium. Got about 8 stacks but I can't prospect it till my jewel crafting is at 475.
gathering herbs in deepholm is outta control too. questing is really slow because there's ALWAYS yellow spots on my mini map.

Dunlop

Scrow said:
gathering herbs in deepholm is outta control too. questing is really slow because there's ALWAYS yellow spots on my mini map.

lol this, the game bugged when I first entered that zone and I died and no longer had a corpse (phasing). To kill time during my rez sickness I went from about 465 herb to 525 (about 20 minutes total). My alchemy is now at 500 but the AH rates for some of the mats I need to hit 525 are beyond stupid, ill gather them myself when I am in the proper zones. Currently at lvl 83

Effect

Finished up the Worgen starting area last night and ran around Darnassus a little bit before signing off. Nice that they have their own tree but I hope that isn't the only Worgen/Gilneas settlement. I also hope we get to revisit Gilneas. I do have a problem with getting lead to Darkshore though. No NPC sends you there. You have to get the quest from the new notice board. I would have liked it if someone from Gilneas suggested you head there to help out the Night Elfs. Though I guess that means you have a choice of where you proceed to next. One could leave to and head to the human lands or dwarf/gnome lands if they wished I guess.

Or will all the notice boards send you back to where your next racial zone should be regardless of where the board is?

Been playing a Balanced Druid and the whole Moon/Sun system while somewhat simple is nice. Casting isn't so boring anymore. The revamp has made it easier to stay alive as well where as before when trying to play a Night Elf Druid I kept dying over and over unless I transformed. Then it was boring since I was pretty much a warrior (something I didn't want to play).

Bisnic

Effect said:
Finished up the Worgen starting area last night and ran around Darnassus a little bit before signing off. Nice that they have their own tree but I hope that isn't the only Worgen/Gilneas settlement. I also hope we get to revisit Gilneas. I do have a problem with getting lead to Darkshore though. No NPC sends you there. You have to get the quest from the new notice board. I would have liked it if someone from Gilneas suggested you head there to help out the Night Elfs. Though I guess that means you have a choice of where you proceed to next. One could leave to and head to the human lands or dwarf/gnome lands if they wished I guess.

Or will all the notice boards send you back to where your next racial zone should be regardless of where the board is?

Been playing a Balanced Druid and the whole Moon/Sun system while somewhat simple is nice. Casting isn't so boring anymore. The revamp has made it easier to stay alive as well where as before when trying to play a Night Elf Druid I kept dying over and over unless I transformed. Then it was boring since I was pretty much a warrior (something I didn't want to play).

I think you missed a quest, i did finish Gilneas yesterday and King Greymane in Darnassus told me to go to Darkshore.

There is a few worgens around the world, and they got a small town in Blasted Lands from what i've seen.

Nothing like goblin towns, where there is like 4 or 5 of them in each continent.

idlewild_

Finished up Hyjal last night (there are, like, 20 quests after you get the achieve). The zone was pretty boring and tame for the most part; there were cool quests like the jousting...until you get to the end. That last bit of Hyjal was EPIC.

Getting Cenarius back from the Dream and sending Rag back to the Firelands.

Effect

Bisnic said:
I think you missed a quest, i did finish Gilneas yesterday and King Greymane in Darnassus told me to go to Darkshore.

There is a few worgens around the world, and they got a small town in Blasted Lands from what i've seen.

Nothing like goblin towns, where there is like 4 or 5 of them in each continent.

Hmm. Maybe I clicked to fast. I know I did report to him to finish a quest. Maybe that's when he said it. Perhaps it was the lack of another actual quest in the journal that confused me.

Thanks. Might take a trip to Blasted Lands with my Pally to see it. Was hoping for more to be honest but oh well.

Bisnic

Effect said:
Hmm. Maybe I clicked to fast. I know I did report to him to finish a quest. Maybe that's when he said it. Perhaps it was the lack of another actual quest in the journal that confused me.

Thanks. Might take a trip to Blasted Lands with my Pally to see it. Was hoping for more to be honest but oh well.

Check Duskwood also if you want some worgen lore. That Tobias Mistmantle that you saw a bunch of times in Gilneas is now in Darkshire and is part of the updated Legend of Stalvan quest chain. Also some new worgen related quests near the Raven Hill graveyard. The same old "kill 6 worgens of this type" quests in Darkshire are still there too.

forgrim

SUPARSTARX said:
Blah, first time in Stonecore on normal, mount dropped off Slabhide. I didn't win. The mount looks exactly like Slabhide himself.

May I ask what combat text mod that is? and what chat mod font ur using?

Sappy113

Man, seriously considering giving Cataclysm a try even if I've been outta the game for 3+ years. Is there a open EU GAF-guild somewhere?

Macattk15

Got my new Worgen from 1-42 yesterday :(

Every 5 man until I was like level 25 was full of Worgens. Then I get near the 40's and everyone is like "OMG A WORGEN?!?!?! WTF?!?!?" ... "HOLY CRAP MAN, HOW'D YOU LEVEL SO FAST?!?!?!" ..... "WOW YOU HAS NO LIFE LOLOLOLOL".

I have full heirlooms, am a warrior chaining victory rush pulling 13 things at once in quest areas, and have leveled to 80 3 previous times.

People are retarded. I hope to hit 85 by Sunday night, but it's going to be tough since I have a full time job, a girlfriend (who luckily also plays), and things to do after work some nights ... BUT I MUST SET GOALS.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I saw this mentioned in the hotfixes:
  • Archaeology daily quests are now properly flagged as dailies.
Does anyone know where I can find these Archaeology daily quests on the Alliance side? I tried checking with Harrison Jones but he doesn't offer one to me.

Macattk15 said:
Got my new Worgen from 1-42 yesterday :(

Every 5 man until I was like level 25 was full of Worgens. Then I get near the 40's and everyone is like "OMG A WORGEN?!?!?! WTF?!?!?" ... "HOLY CRAP MAN, HOW'D YOU LEVEL SO FAST?!?!?!" ..... "WOW YOU HAS NO LIFE LOLOLOLOL".

I have full heirlooms, am a warrior chaining victory rush pulling 13 things at once in quest areas, and have leveled to 80 3 previous times.

People are retarded. I hope to hit 85 by Sunday night, but it's going to be tough since I have a full time job, a girlfriend (who luckily also plays), and things to do after work some nights ... BUT I MUST SET GOALS.
They're also retarded because anyone can race change an existing character.

ultron87

Random hunter question: If you tame an Exotic Pet using the 31 point Beast Mastery talent, do you have to be in that spec to use it? Or can you switch specs and still use the pet? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask.

Because I would love to take the time to hunt down this awesome looking wolf: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/spectralsaberworg.html but I don't really like Beast Mastery as a spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom