• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
I actually haven't found it to hard to find on my server. A lot of people are just to busy questing than mining. Just 4 more hours till I get off work and play!
I'm on the highest populated horde server.

10 hours ago I leveling mining to 475 in Northrend then farmed the higher level ore in Twilight Highlands while there were only 84's there racing. Hyjal is crazy.

Vash... you need to get the seahorse mount to travel through the water right? I tried flying over the water and saw no nodes. It'd take a year to swim if I did.

Garryk

Deadly Cyclone said:
Is Hillsbrad all Horde now? I see like 6 flight paths but none of them are there, or they are horde. I thought there used to be an alliance city here.

The Forsaken sent Southshore a gift. But yeah it is all Horde now.

itxaka

Defeatist
greeeat 20 minutes queue times :lol

They should start putting some free transfers up this bitch asap! I don't wanna be on the same server as Dark Requiem

Dina

Garryk said:
Wait, Sylvanas wants to be the next LK? Fuck, Garrosh is going to murder her and burn the body. If she died, who would replace her as leader of the Forsaken? Nathanos?

Yes, Nathanos is awesome.

Imbecile.

I love my girlfriend beyond words.

My Amazon package arrived, and she's emailing me my serial number at work so I can activate it via battle.net; but then she's going the extra mile and is going to log me in to the game 15 minutes before I get off work so I don't have to wait in a queue.

<3

WoWScrnShot_120710_152034.jpg

Woo =P

moojito

MattPeters said:
Congrats Sax!

How did you do it so fast?

I'd like to know that as well. Any special preparation or anything?

I did pretty much constant questing through the night and still at like midday the realm firsts were popping up while I was just getting into level 84,

Taking a little break. So far I have done all of the Worgen starting area, Hyjal, about 15 quests in Vashir. The Worgen area was well done. Like the throw back to Churchill at the end. Too bad we'll never go back. Hyjal was fine after the herd was thin out. There was only one quest that required a group. The rest can be soloed. It has some really neat lore characters involved and you do a lot of work of bring people out of the emerald dream.

I just did the starting quests in Vashir. Got the seahorse. Got the first flight path underwater. You guys should come out of the water and go get the flight paths on the surface. The one quest that really bugged me was picking up these helms on the ground (Alliance side). They only spawn on the ground and it is a low rate. After I got the seahorse and the flight paths, I visited Deepholm for a bit. Pretty nice cinematic with Thrall. Then logged out there.

The exp for each level has gone like this:

80> 1.6 million > 81 > 2.2 million > 82> and now I need 4+ million

I suggest once you hit 82 to go to Deepholm. The exp per quest jumps up from like 27,000 to 34,000.

Edit: Yeah, I notice not a lot of people were mining. I was able to get 4 stacks of obsidium. Prospect the whole batch and netted about 24 green and 2 blue gems.

Edit 2: All the quests in Hyjal got me to revered with the faction there. Also, I did not run into any daily quests. There is a quest there to get a companion pet. You have to jousts, not like the tournament, in the fire lands.

MattPeters said:
Congrats Sax!

How did you do it so fast?

Mmm, wasn't anything too special, the realm first 85 overall had a good couple of hours on me =X

I did BRC runs with a guild group to 82 (surprisingly quick) to skip the packed Hyjal and Vashjir, and then just quested through the rest of the zones, completing them in order, with one Stonecore run before Uldum to cash in on the quest XP. Aside from that, just sitting playing WoW for over 13 hours straight, hah -_-

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SnakeswithLasers said:
Crazy to see people hitting max level while I haven't even opened the game--and it's release day. :lol :lol

Congrats though!
It's weird to see it being done so fast, but consider this; they had to fold when people complained about not having their flight mounts in Northrend. But at the same time there's just no conceivable way to delay leveling to any degree when people are allowed to ride 310% speed Flying Mounts.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Found a pretty awesome glitch, I'm in Western Plaguelands mining, and a bit to the right of the bridge to Scholomance there is and Iron deposit that you can mine like 10 times in a row, and when it disappears it respawns in like 5 seconds. :lol

CassSept

The leveling in Cata is much shorter than in WotLK. When I logged onto game before 1pm someone told me that half of Realm Firsts were already taken, I was shocked :lol During WotLK our overall 80 first was evening of the second day and some class realm firsts were contested until ummm... 3rd-4th day?
So far I'm up to 83 and I didn't really put that much of play time into the game. Actually these 3 levels took me less time than the first 2 levels back at WotLK launch (iirc back then a level took an average 5 hours to complete).

But well, overall, I'm enjoying it. I'm glad I actually caved in, this goddamn drug is going to keep me occupied for a couple of days :<

traveler

Not Wario
I have just about finished the starting zones on my Goblin mage Hotpie. This will be the first toon I level in the post-Shattering world, so I was wondering which of the revamped zones would be the best for me to check out as a Hordie?

Archaeology is gonna make me wanna shoot myself. The travel time, if you're doing it to level and not just while you do other things, is insanity.

McNei1y

traveler said:
I have just about finished the starting zones on my Goblin mage Hotpie. This will be the first toon I level in the post-Shattering world, so I was wondering which of the revamped zones would be the best for me to check out as a Hordie?

Well the choice is yours! The Goblins, however, have a path to go from Kezan to Lost Isles to Azshara, I believe. Then from there wherever. I did Northern Barrens, STV, WPL, and 1k needles and I enjoyed those. I heard Stonetalon is really awesome.

markot

Banned
traveler said:
Just follow the natural progression, I think most of Kalimdor is redone well from what ive heard. Azshara > Ashenvale > Stonetalon >... etc...

McNei1y

VAIL said:
These Queue times are a bit retarded....add some backend server space Blizz, we know you can afford it

Yeah seriously. My server has never had a queue time for the few months that I have been on but now that Cata came out it jumped up to 45-one hour of wait time! It has been medium!! wtf!

Can anyone post the excel sheet for Gaf players?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Deadly Cyclone said:
Found a pretty awesome glitch, I'm in Western Plaguelands mining, and a bit to the right of the bridge to Scholomance there is and Iron deposit that you can mine like 10 times in a row, and when it disappears it respawns in like 5 seconds. :lol
I'll see if it happens on my Paladin. Need to get my mining up before I step into Thousand Needles where Mithril and Gold veins are everywhere.

keeblerdrow said:
Archaeology is gonna make me wanna shoot myself. The travel time, if you're doing it to level and not just while you do other things, is insanity.
I think a lot of people will not realize how much time has to be spent to get it up to a respectable level until they get out there and survey their first 4 items. The timesink is a lot bigger than fishing, and a large percentage of people ignore that profession outright because of it.

markot

Banned
Problem is that there are lots of servers that dont have high pops and ques >.< blizz sould actively try to spread the flow, instead of just hoping people xfer out of frustration!

markot

Banned
And with Archaeology, alot of the highest rewards, the Insect mount and co, are bind on account I am pretty sure, so you dont need to lvl it with all your toons >.< I think its interesting but I like lore so ya >.>

dp >.<

Alex said:
Worgen are so goddamn gross, abandon ship for Goblins time.

What!? I'm loving my Worgen hunter. I swear playing with them feels like I'm playing an entirely different game from WoW. Crazy opening.

markot

Banned
I like worgen, im sad that Liam died >.< stupid sylvanas.

I kinda dont like their druid cat form... but then a dog turning into a cat was never going to turn out well...

Alex

DoctorWho said:
What!? I'm loving my Worgen hunter. I swear playing with them feels like I'm playing an entirely different game from WoW. Crazy opening.

All of the new shit has crazy openings and cutscenes and flashy presentation. Gilneas is great though, I just don't like the Worgen in general.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
HarryDemeanor said:
I have been waiting for almost an hour now.

Position in Queue: 33

You have been disconnected from the server.

Position in Queue: 1278
Something like that happened to me yesterday, though when I relogged and got back to the mostrous queue, it let me in after a 10 seconds or so.

Also a heads up; if they still have that auto-disconnect bug after you arrive at your destination from a flight path, try putting the game in windowed (maximized) mode in whatever resolution is your preferred choice. It's still full-screen and it'll stop the disconnections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom