• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If anyone is on Illidan Horde side and wants to party or chat let me know. My character's name is Ranketsuu. This is my first time playing WoW in 4 years, I came back for Cataclysm.

I can't access the google spreadsheet right now, so I'll update it when I get home.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
DeathNote said:
I'm 81 Arch and all the nodes are green. How do you find yellow or orange?
You won't find any yellow or orange anymore. After 100 skill, every node will be gray and the only way to level archaeology after that is by solving artifacts. Because of that, you shouldn't really solve any artifacts until after 100.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
sykoex said:
You won't find any yellow or orange anymore. After 100 skill, every node will be gray and the only way to level archeology after that is by solving artifacts. Because of that, you shouldn't really solve any artifacts until after 100.
Oops. Got to 88 by solving. Will solving be the only thing that gives exp after 100?

Evlar

Banned
It's like Enchanting in that way: you don't skill up past the first tier by using the "gathering" half of the profession, Disenchant. You skill up by actually enchanting things. In Archaeology the Survey action is the "gathering" half and solving artifacts is the application half.

EDIT: I get XP every time I use Survey, regardless of whether I get a Skill Point or not. Don't know if that eventually goes away.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
DeathNote said:
Oops. Got to 88 by solving. Will solving be the only thing that gives exp after 100?
Yes, only solving will get you skill points after 100. You get 5 skill points for every artifact you solve, no matter what area/race they come from.

Garryk

Does your guild need to be a certain level to access the heirlooms? What rep level do you have to be with the guild to purchase them?

EDIT: Answered my own question. Level 10 for cloak/20 for helm and Honored rep for both.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
Is anyone's guild got a perk yet? Mine is 2/3 to level 2 but is capped again today =/

Had Fast Track till they took it away from us yesterday :(

Should have it by the time I get home again I imagine.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
DeathNote said:
I mean what about experience?
Oh I see, yeah each node gives gives you experience even if they're grey. I got my toon to level 82 before stepping foot in any of the new zones, just by archaeology.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
sykoex said:
Oh I see, yeah each node gives gives you experience even if they're grey. I got my toon to level 82 before stepping foot in any of the new zones, just by archaeology.
I'll prob do the same. Almost 81 after getting mining to 525 and Arch to 88.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
FLEABttn said:
I get the same issue. No idea why it does that.
I remember hearing about the issue during the beta. If it's a known issue, they need to get on it, people live on wowhead and I can't stand staring at the screen flying to different digsites.

Speaking of flying, I bought the 310% skill. Arch will make you if you haven't.

DeathNote said:
every time i alt-tab while flying i get DCed. guess i'll try window mode.
Yep it happens to me every time I'm minimized while on a boat, taking flight taxis and basically any time the loading screen comes up.

Really sucks when I am LFD and have to start over. DPS takes forever as it is.

Evlar

Banned
DeathNote said:
I remember hearing about the issue during the beta. If it's a known issue, they need to get on it, people live on wowhead and I can't stand staring at the screen flying to different digsites.

Speaking of flying, I bought the 310% skill. Arch will make you if you haven't.
Heh, would if I could. Maybe I should grind up my mining skill...

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
DeathNote said:
every time i alt-tab while flying i get DCed. guess i'll try window mode.

This has never happened to me, I play in Windowed mode though.

Love new expansions, making tons of gold off of the new ores.

How are the prices on BoE greens that you guys have noticed? I'd bet they're pretty good, especially if they don't require 80--shit, putting a ilvl 250+ green on a 78 still leveling in Northrend would be awesome.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
How are the prices on BoE greens that you guys have noticed? I'd bet they're pretty good, especially if they don't require 80--shit, putting a ilvl 250+ green on a 78 still leveling in Northrend would be awesome.
i sold a JC craftable neck green for 250g. but i have like 7 other ones for as low as 100g not selling.

CassSept

I'm only level 84 but just popping here to say Uldum is an amazing zone.

I'm having probably way too much fun with Indiana Jones chains. I'm now going through serving "nazis" part and it's just soooo amazing.
Furrier! Fashionism! NINE NINE NINE!
Zhis is an outrage :lol

Iadien

SquirrelNuckle said:
Love selling stacks of ore for 400 gold.

Yeah, my highest is 75, but I've made 3k gold selling ore in about 3 hours of harvesting.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Iadien said:
Yeah, my highest is 75, but I've made 3k gold selling ore in about 3 hours of harvesting.
Why harvest? Buy and resell. Own the market and gouge prices.

All done within 10minutes. :lol

Kind of a pity I'm not going be here for launch this time.

Iadien

shintoki said:
Why harvest? Buy and resell. Own the market and gouge prices.

All done within 10minutes. :lol

Kind of a pity I'm not going be here for launch this time.

well, I had no gold.

Iadien

mcrae said:
level 75?
what ore you selling?

Mostly elementium. I skipped obsidium, as I have elementium mostly to myself in Uldum. I rarely see anyone else.

CassSept said:
I'm only level 84 but just popping here to say Uldum is an amazing zone.

I'm having probably way too much fun with Indiana Jones chains. I'm now going through serving "nazis" part and it's just soooo amazing.
Furrier! Fashionism! NINE NINE NINE!
Zhis is an outrage :lol

Yeah, really liking it too.

WoWScrnShot_120810_143751.jpg

WoWScrnShot_120810_140744.jpg

WoWScrnShot_120810_140727.jpg

WoWScrnShot_120810_131555.jpg

WoWScrnShot_120810_122804.jpg

WoWScrnShot_120810_122337.jpg

mcrae

Iadien said:
Mostly elementium. I skipped obsidium, as I have elementium mostly to myself in Uldum. I rarely see anyone else.

sorrry, whats level 75 then? i thought you were talking about character level

Iadien

mcrae said:
sorrry, whats level 75 then? i thought you were talking about character level

my character level is 75. that's the level required for Illustrious training.

Had anyone been able to complete 150/150 quests (Horde) in Vashj'ir? Im stuck at 146 and ive been around the zone multiple times and I dont see anything.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LiveWire said:
Yea, I saw that note in Wowhead/Thottbot comments, but everywhere they claimed clams are, there were none. I spent 20 minutes swimming around STV's Vile Reef looking for clams, not a damn thing. :lol
I have like 10 abyssal clams from like just questin for like 20 minutes in Vashj'ir.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Iadien said:
Twilight Highlands is generally empty, also. Only the true poopsockers are *really* level 83 and 84 yet.

Iadien

Angry Grimace said:
Twilight Highlands is generally empty, also. Only the true poopsockers are *really* level 83 and 84 yet.

I tried twilight highlands, but it's nowhere near as safe to harvest. With all the phasing in Uldum I don't have to worry about any creatures, as there are none in most of the phases around the ore. :lol

My path starts north of Schnottz's Landing, continues up north to Temple of Uldum, then north to Oasis of Vir'sar, then east to Khartut's Tomb.

Occasionally I get "attacked" by mobs in other phases but they're invisible and can't hurt me so I'm able to fly after a few seconds.

Garryk

MattPeters said:
Had anyone been able to complete 150/150 quests (Horde) in Vashj'ir? Im stuck at 146 and ive been around the zone multiple times and I dont see anything.

The requirement is too high (bug). I think there are only 135 quests in the zone.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
I'd get to 475 on Saronite. Maybe higher if you want.
This. Obsidum sucks ass. Elementium spawns like 5x the rate Obsidium does mostly because you don't use obsidium after leveling, but you have to use a shitload of elementium to make the hardened bars and such.

Angry Grimace

Iadien said:
I tried twilight highlands, but it's nowhere near as safe to harvest. With all the phasing in Uldum I don't have to worry about any creatures, as there are none in most of the phases around the ore. :lol

My path starts north of Schnottz's Landing, continues up north to Temple of Uldum, then north to Oasis of Vir'sar, then east to Khartut's Tomb.

Occasionally I get "attacked" by mobs in other phases but they're invisible and can't hurt me so I'm able to fly after a few seconds.
I farmed 250 ore last night just flying around for an hour and saw maybe 5 people in the zone.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
so all the neogaf horde are on area 52 and Stormreaver ?

Angry Grimace said:
I farmed 250 ore last night just flying around for an hour and saw maybe 5 people in the zone.
same. only got 1 stack of pyrite but i saw a lot when my skill was too low

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
so all the neogaf horde are on area 52 and Stormreaver ?

same. only got 1 stack of pyrite but i saw a lot when my skill was too low
There's always a lot of Pyrite when you don't have the skill to harvest it :lol

Iadien

Angry Grimace said:

I don't know, I wasn't finding many nodes, the ones I saw were around creatures. Someone else must have been harvesting.

I have 2 stacks of pyrium bars, and none of it has sold.

Angry Grimace

Real poopsockers know the most ore is found at 2 am

Twig

Banned
urban dict said:
poopsocker

In reference to players of MMORPG's that instead of taking a break to go to the bathroom, they take off their sock, defecate in it, and throw it aside for later disposal. Refers to someone who stays up all day and all night to play an MMORPG.

"Steve, how'd you make lvl 85 already? You were just lvl 80 just one day ago. You friggin poopsocker!"
Levels adjusted to be more accurate for WoW.
DeathNote said:
are there any cheap places to bu BC and wotlk keys still? my friend was dumb
Hah. Not really, no. Maybe around Christmas or shortly after you can get some good "post-holidays" deals. \:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom