• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpgmonkey

First time I've been on the same level as nearly everyone else on my server. I'm not used to having to actually compete to get quests done. Definitely prefer this over my experiences in Outland though, I only encountered like 20 people in the week I spent leveling there. It was so horrible...

Saw an 85 priest with twice as much health as me (Tank), had no idea the health increase was going to be THAT huge. :lol

Now I'm waiting for all my friends to get Cata before doing dungeons, but fortunately I'm having a lot of fun with the quests (and I needed much better gear than what I had anyway).

Twig

Banned
Weenerz said:
The mount isnt BOP, you could have auctioned it for like 100k gold lol.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=49284
I read they changed it so that it is BOP. Used to be BOU.

EDIT: If it comes out of the gift box, that is. Which it did for him.

DOUBLE EDIT: Maybe I read the other way around, as I just saw something that said it IS BOU from the box.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gf9fP.jpg

J-Rzez

Well, hit 85 today when I got home from work. Fell behind because i "had" to go to work today at 5am, and to top it off had the flu on Tues, so i didn't have my gamer's edge to play straight through and needed to get sleep frequently, sucked lol.

I went from MHJ (ok) -> Vash (horrible) -> Deep (good) ->TH (Friggin awesome). Some random dungeons thrown in there too. I'll go to Uld probably tomorrow to check it out and start the rep stuff there.

I'm so lost on what to do, I dinged, everyone in the guild was like "what are you going to do now"? I just didn't know where to begin and logged off because I need to head to bed since i'm still sick. I guess I'll work on dailies tomorrow, then professions, and then more dungeon grinding. Sucks your gear is SO bad when you hit 85 you can't random queue for a heroic right off the bat even lol. Guess they accomplished the old grind part, but hey, I look forward to it strangely enough.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Well, hit 85 today when I got home from work. Fell behind because i "had" to go to work today at 5am, and to top it off had the flu on Tues, so i didn't have my gamer's edge to play straight through and needed to get sleep frequently, sucked lol.

I went from MHJ (ok) -> Vash (horrible) -> Deep (good) ->TH (Friggin awesome). Some random dungeons thrown in there too. I'll go to Uld probably tomorrow to check it out and start the rep stuff there.

I'm so lost on what to do, I dinged, everyone in the guild was like "what are you going to do now"? I just didn't know where to begin and logged off because I need to head to bed since i'm still sick. I guess I'll work on dailies tomorrow, then professions, and then more dungeon grinding. Sucks your gear is SO bad when you hit 85 you can't random queue for a heroic right off the bat even lol. Guess they accomplished the old grind part, but hey, I look forward to it strangely enough.
Vashj'ir was wonderful and beautiful. Why does everyone hate it. It's got some incredible environments.

Flib

Angry Grimace said:
Vashj'ir was wonderful and beautiful. Why does everyone hate it. It's got some incredible environments.

Agreed, so much better than Hyjal. Just have to get past the kelp forest.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Angry Grimace said:
I'm looking forward to it once I finish up the last handful of quests in Hyjal.

Twig

Banned
Narag said:
Mine mocked me and gave me the sandbox spectral tiger.
heh

I expect stupid flower trail - the WORST of the consumables - once I get around to redeeming my code next week. ):

I checked my old WOTLK CE and found pet biscuits that I never knew I had. WEAK.

Cipherr

Guildies are freaking hardcore, think we they have enough at 85 to raid already. Had plenty of 85's by yesterday evening, we got some realm firsts too, in professions and other shit. Insane. I played for about an hour yesterday and saw nothing but bitching about some kinda guild exp daily cap or something :lol :lol :lol

I just dont care to play as much as I used to. Have no hype whatsoever. I think this game really has run its course for me. Cant see myself raiding when I cant be bothered to log in to see the new content.

I got my sea horse mount in the new area and logged, lol.

Alex

I just hit 83 earlier, and I feel like I've played way too damn much. You people are crazy.

Healing in the new dungeons is so, so, so much fucking better even at only 83. But I already knew the new plan so it probably didn't hit me like a ton of bricks like it did some people.

Twig

Banned
god i wanna play so baaad ;____;

i'm missing all the glorious world pvp that always happens at expansion launch ;____;

Angry Grimace said:
Cool environment. Horrible zone to level and quest quickly, which is what a lot people were trying to do, at least for me. I switched over to hyjal which was easier to navigate.

And did no one go through Uldum? My favorite zone to be honest. I really really liked the desert oasis look and feel, and also the Tol'vir ftw! (harrison jones is always fun too)

Angry Grimace

Weenerz said:
The mount isnt BOP, you could have auctioned it for like 100k gold lol.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=49284
People buy that mount for like 500 real dollars.

More like 500,000 gold.

Deputy Moonman said:
Cool environment. Horrible zone to level and quest quickly, which is what a lot people were trying to do, at least for me. I switched over to hyjal which was easier to navigate.

And did no one go through Uldum? My favorite zone to be honest. I really really liked the desert oasis look and feel, and also the Tol'vir ftw! (harrison jones is always fun too)
It's not slow at all unless you just hate water. I mean the Seahorse and spell aura make it fast enough.

Angry Grimace

Goon Boon said:
Atleast when valve makes a several hundred dollar item, you get 28 games for it :D
Also regret not buying up to wotlk for $20, probably would have been cool to be around launch night.
[Jrez]No Blizzard owes us all a refund. It didn't work until 12:15[/Jrez]

Twig

Banned
*weeps*

e: if i actually get that mount (i know i won't) i would be hard-pressed to NOT sell it at that point

fuuuuck

mcrae

how does xp work in dungeons?

do you get xp when you dont damage a mob?

do you get more xp when you do more damage?

Twig

Banned
XP is "evenly" (accounting for huge level differences) shared among the party, no matter how much damage you do.

Otherwise healers would be screwed. U:

Angry Grimace said:
It's not slow at all unless you just hate water. I mean the Seahorse and spell aura make it fast enough.
There is something very disorienting about being in the water. I was almost getting motion sickness while questing in Vashjr. Also the haziness of the water can (not necessarily will) make it a little more difficult to see. But that is just what I experienced. I know not everyone is affected in the same way.

But I did think that the seahorse mount was fun to move around on and was severely disappointed when I found out that it can only be used in Vashjr... as if that makes any sense. For a brief moment I thought we were finally gonna have a fast water mount that could be used anywhere :(

mcrae

Twig said:
XP is "evenly" (accounting for huge level differences) shared among the party, no matter how much damage you do.

Otherwise healers would be screwed. U:

does the person have to attack the mob too?

aka, do AOE'ers get more xp than single-spell users?

or is it that you just neeed to be near the target when it dies?

Angry Grimace

mcrae said:
how does xp work in dungeons?

do you get xp when you dont damage a mob?

do you get more xp when you do more damage?
That's everquest :lol

mcrae said:
does the person have to attack the mob too?

aka, do AOE'ers get more xp than single-spell users?
Answer to both is no

Angry Grimace

mcrae said:
thanks dude, and twig.
Mobs in Warcraft are "tagged." If someone in your group "tags" the mob with a damage causing spell or ability, everyone in that person's group who is eligible for XP will share in it. You get reduced XP in groups because they are easier to kill that way, but it's not proportional; you don't get 1/5 the XP, you get a higher percentage than that.

Twig

Banned
Are Papa Hummel's Pet Biscuits worth anything to people in-game? I see that they sell for about 7-10 bucks on ebay, but I somehow doubt I can find someone who would pay 7000g for a code...

so... good time for a total wow virgin to jump in?

all this update + expansion excitement is making me want to give the game the old college try. I've never really played any mmos before.

Entropia

No One Remembers
sublime085 said:

all this update + expansion excitement is making me want to give the game the old college try. I've never really played any mmos before.

Yes. They changed the original content so it's a lot more streamlined, easier to play and get into and they introduced two new races. Definitely a great time to start.

Twig

Banned
sublime085 said:

I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told DoctorWho - if you have a friend to play with, have him send you an RAF invite. You'll get a triple XP boost while you are near each other and in a group, so you can both level up with each other really fast. Bonus for your friend: he gets a free month after you pay for one, and a free mount after you pay for three!

BUT the downside is that you might miss out on some of the story because you'll end up leveling right past the content, so if you care about that, then you might want to also level your own character when your friend's not playing so that you can enjoy the story!

(And, again like I said to DoctorWho, if you don't have a friend, let me send you an RAF invite so I get the freebies! O; O; O;)
I promise I'm not just doing this just to beg! I really think RAF makes the game much better, because end-game is the best anyway! Even now, most of the quests are pretty boring, IMO, if you don't care about the story.

Alternatively, you can safely ignore everything I just said and you'll still have fun (assuming you enjoy the game to begin with!).

A word to the wise: I've had two people start playing recently and be extremely confused by the constant features WoW throws at them. I don't remember having so much trouble when I first played, but they did/are for whatever reason. Maybe it's just because you get so many things so much sooner than you used to. I don't know. So read the manual!! Hah.

Been having a lot of fun in the last few days taking it fairly easily, should hopefully hit 85 in next day or so depending on how much wow time I have.
Levelled up mining as soon as realms came online but missed out on server first mining but managed to make a decent amount of gold out of it. People have got elementium ore up for about 120g a stack now, so am prospecting it and selling gems for about 100g each so time to make a nice amount of money (I managed to sell stacks of elementium ore for 5000g a stack in the first few hours).
Just sitting in the queue (down from 2600 to 1400 and expecting another 90 min in the queue or so) waiting to log on, playing Civ V on a different monitor.

Twig

Banned
Every time I see a pop culture reference in WoW I rage a little on the inside.

I think the only one I've liked so far ever is the Dwarf Fortress reference that's in Northern Barrens, and only because I am a sucker for Dwarf Fortress.

Raide

Twig said:
Every time I see a pop culture reference in WoW I rage a little on the inside.

I think the only one I've liked so far ever is the Dwarf Fortress reference that's in Northern Barrens, and only because I am a sucker for Dwarf Fortress.

WoW must have some kind of record for this kind of thing. I still laugh when I meet Finkle Einhorn. :lol

Twig

Banned
Raide said:
WoW must have some kind of record for this kind of thing. I still laugh when I meet Finkle Einhorn. :lol
They really are just everywhere. Wasn't near as bad in vanilla, but now you can't turn a corner without seeing at least three thousand or so. It wouldn't bother me so much if they were actually funny.

Maybe I'm just a big ol' sourpuss. ): I miss when Warcraft was goofy because it was Warcraft, not because it made references to The Real World.

Raide

Twig said:
They really are just everywhere. Wasn't near as bad in vanilla, but now you can't turn a corner without seeing at least three thousand or so.

Handy for designers. It means they don't have to come up with imaginative names for loads of NPC's. :lol

CassSept

Wait until you get to Uldum (83-84 zone). Half of it is original story, while another half is basically one huge reference to Indiana Jones (all parts) and, well, nazis.
I usually think they're overdoing it, but Uldum quests are so good I think they redeem themselves :lol

iammeiam

Is Stranglethorn Vale the place to go for Alliance leveling in the mid/late-20s? I just got directed there from Darkshire, but am sort of disappointed to find the same "go fight the Kurzen people and get random drops" quest from four years ago. Did it get passed over in the makeover?

Twig

Banned
STV is now split into two zones. Northern STV has Zul'Gurub, which is no longer an instance and is now a leveling area!

Beyond that, I know nothing, sorry. ):
CassSept said:
Wait until you get to Uldum (83-84 zone). Half of it is original story, while another half is basically one huge reference to Indiana Jones (all parts) and, well, nazis.
I usually think they're overdoing it, but Uldum quests are so good I think they redeem themselves :lol
I'm actually more annoyed by him than any other character. Maybe he doesn't ACTUALLY, but from everything I hear it sounds like he actually plays a part in the Story of Warcraft. So now "Harrison Jones" is a permanent fixture in Warcraft lore.

I happen to be a casual-to-moderately-hardcore (I fluctuate) fan of the lore. ): (lolnerd)

jlai

So my Rogue is now 83 and I'm getting a feel for him in dunegons (leveled this guy just for Cat so no real dungeon/raid experience). For multi-mob trash (3-5) packs what exactly is the preferred method? I've tried:

-Just spamming FoK w/ auto attack
-FoK x3, Mut ->SnD, FoK spam until ~2 guys left then switch to single target rotation
-Single target SnD > Rup > Env rotations

Pulled about 6.5k DPS in Stonecore earlier doing a mix of all 3 of these. Are any of those the correct methods? Or could someone please point me to the max DPS way? Currently assassination 31/2/6. Thanks!

mcrae

jlai said:
So my Rogue is now 83 and I'm getting a feel for him in dunegons (leveled this guy just for Cat so no real dungeon/raid experience). For multi-mob trash (3-5) packs what exactly is the preferred method? I've tried:

-Just spamming FoK w/ auto attack
-FoK x3, Mut ->SnD, FoK spam until ~2 guys left then switch to single target rotation
-Single target SnD > Rup > Env rotations

Pulled about 6.5k DPS in Stonecore earlier doing a mix of all 3 of these. Are any of those the correct methods? Or could someone please point me to the max DPS way? Currently assassination 31/2/6. Thanks!

elitistjerks.com is a good resource. not sure its up to date for 85 cata raidimh yet, but basics shud b there

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
been leveling up my worgan druid... jumped over to westfall. holy shit this zone is awesome now. i love the csi miami shit. :lol :lol

profit

Short video by Athene on how he achieved world first 85:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcD5rQJONV4&feature=player_embedded#!

So weird that I regularly bump into this guy cause he lives just around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom