• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

So I guess they're releasing it with the weekly reset? I guess it's coming tomorrow for EU then.

I also hope for a non-Naxx weekly raid for my server. A lot of Noth lately.

notworksafe

Yep, tomorrow for the EU. And my server just got Noth as the weekly for the first time in quite a few weeks.

Also, retaking the Echo Isles was a ton of fun! Plus I got an item to turn me into a troll wearing a bunch of ZA gear! :D

ezekial45

Banned
notworksafe said:
Yep, tomorrow for the EU. And my server just got Noth as the weekly for the first time in quite a few weeks.

Also, retaking the Echo Isles was a ton of fun! Plus I got an item to turn me into a troll wearing a bunch of ZA gear! :D

Gnomes get the scuba gear....

LowParry

notworksafe said:

The Gnomer take over was pretty fun as well. Everyone gets to be Scuba Gnome. I enjoyed that event. Hopefully we see some more in the coming future.

Negator

Not many people from blackhand on GAF. Kinda disappointing.

Hopefully today is the day I finish my Glory of the Icecrown Raider meta, depends on what the raid leader feels like doing though, as we're still trying to kill Lich King heroic.

Sober

DeathNote said:
do these events give us a ETA on cat?
Probably not. These events were on the PTR during the Ruby Sanctum stuff, so they just kept it back until they wanted to release it. Obviously Cata will be done when it's done, maybe by November this year (if it's anything like WotLK) but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Goddamn, that's alot of shit on screen. :lol I think i had 5-8 fps the whole time.

2q1vr60.jpg

24mywqr.jpg

Sober

Bisnic said:
Goddamn, that's alot of shit on screen. :lol I think i had 5-8 fps the whole time.
Whoa, is that Proudmoore or something? Damn that's crazy. Even on Area 52 it was crowded as hell but it wasn't mammoth crazy as that.

Bisnic

Nah, it was on Thrall at like 5:30 pm. It's a horde heavy server, and right at the time where most people come back from work.

Maybe not the best time to do that. :lol I couldn't even see Vol'jin, or zombies, or Zalazane, and it took me 2 attempts to get that "throw 12 frogs at white smoke while on a bat" quest since there was so many people! When Cataclysm launch, it's going to be pretty hard to do some goblin or lvl 81 quests i believe. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Mal'ganis was crazy too. Glad I got alts to do it again off peak.

If there are zero others, are there NPC's that help kill?

Couldn't see shit captain.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Going to be very busy then... think I'll do Zalazane's Fall now and do it again when it is 2-4am server time.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
-what's a good rogue 70 to 80 leveling build? i have two 1.80 daggers. gladiator's shanker.

-is Artisan riding going to decrease from 5000 in cat? it's not much on a main, but annoying on alts

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bisnic said:
Nah, it was on Thrall at like 5:30 pm. It's a horde heavy server, and right at the time where most people come back from work.

Maybe not the best time to do that. :lol I couldn't even see Vol'jin, or zombies, or Zalazane, and it took me 2 attempts to get that "throw 12 frogs at white smoke while on a bat" quest since there was so many people! When Cataclysm launch, it's going to be pretty hard to do some goblin or lvl 81 quests i believe. :lol
I'm on that pic :D (Thrall)

mclem

Puncture said:
Should see lots more casual guilds having success with that last addition of real world flares.

How does that differ from the flares we already have? I can't watch the video.

Lolligag

mclem said:
How does that differ from the flares we already have? I can't watch the video.
5 different colors, extremely far cast range, doesn't take up inventory room. Doubt there's a duration on them.

That's the only thing I like about their new raid UI. At this point, I still plan to use VuhDo for my healers.

mclem

Lolligag said:
5 different colors, extremely far cast range, doesn't take up inventory room. Doubt there's a duration on them.

That's the only thing I like about their new raid UI. At this point, I still plan to use VuhDo for my healers.

It sounds like it's got the basic functionality we used AVR for, then - we didn't really go much for the reactionary stuff, more just used to give a visual element to our descriptions of the fight strategy without aggroing the boss.

In short, I like.

Weenerz

Banned
:lol Some jackass tried to hack my account, I got 66 password recovery emails this morning, it was so bad, Gmail needed me to verify my gmail account.

Gamestop is sold out of the CE. Getting it from amazon.com.

How do I get release-day delivery at amazon.com? Which shipping method should I select?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Gamestop is sold out of the CE. Getting it from amazon.com.

How do I get release-day delivery at amazon.com? Which shipping method should I select?
I added a different game and I see "Release-Date Delivery" under "One-Day Shipping (1 business day) ".

When I do cat normal and CE I only see "One-Day Shipping (1 business day) ".

I guess they just don't offer it for either version. Might be because there is no release date yet. When Blizz announces the day I will check back and see if I can change my shipping method.

The raid UI looks really good. I don't know if it will be as customizable as something like grid. but its worth a go :)

I've been getting into arenas pretty seriously recently. anyone know approximately what rating my team will need to be in order to get a title? I know its top 20% or something but actual rating is really hard to gauge.

Hit 1800 in last night :) BEASTCLEAVE! (Insert no skill composition comment here)

No skill or not, its still really fun :)

Tacitus_

lol, oneshotted hc putri 25 on our second kill ever.

Total execution match :lol

L1gSk.jpg

EDIT:

And then wiped on Blood Wing trash :lol :lol :lol

Ashodin

Damn Cata just keeps getting better and better.

Now with Zalazane's Fall and Op Gnomer, It looks like cata is even closer (considering that hte lich king pre-event only lasted a month and a half roughly before the game), excite! :D

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
MagicJackBauer said:
What's a good amount of gold to go into Cata with?
I think on average for the first 2 months in Wraith. Just by selling my disenchant materials and tailoring goods+frostweave. I made some where around 30k+ a week.

With the normal inflation and the need to level crafts. I bet I could rake in a cool 50k+.

Honestly, I would say just having enough to train skills, get flying, and so forth would be good. But if you just sell the raw material you get while leveling... you'll easily rake in enough for all of them.

Bisnic

Anyone know how the Cataclysm green gems looks like? Better than current epic gems? I'm just wondering if i should sell all the uncut epic gems i have in my bank or just keep them. It all depends if green gems in Cataclysm are better or not.

markot

Banned
Yeah, sell em while you can before the value drops. Come cata, lots of the crap wont be worth crap >.< (Primordial saronite, crusader orbs...etc...)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
shintoki said:
I think on average for the first 2 months in Wraith. Just by selling my disenchant materials and tailoring goods+frostweave. I made some where around 30k+ a week.

With the normal inflation and the need to level crafts. I bet I could rake in a cool 50k+.

Honestly, I would say just having enough to train skills, get flying, and so forth would be good. But if you just sell the raw material you get while leveling... you'll easily rake in enough for all of them.
30k a week damn.

What are the best professions or trade to have at the start?

I got jewelcrafting and mining.

notsol337

marked forever
JC and mining are good, and enchanting is just amazing. DE'ing quest greens got me epic flying, and this was just last week!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
New Thousand Needles is crazy good. You even get a personal river boat.
2mysxlw.jpg

2poy053.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
DeathNote said:
30k a week damn.

What are the best professions or trade to have at the start?

I got jewelcrafting and mining.
Enchanting is only useful for disenchanting quest greens. Basically you have to make the choice, either you want to DE them or sell them. When Wraith was released, they would sell for a few gold to vendors while I was selling Greater Essences anywhere from 50g to over 100g per. Dust was going for a few Gold per. With even more ridiculous prices for the first two days with the rush to be the first to the achievement.

How to sum up my opinion on it. Crafting professions are useless, and it's all about the raw materials. I simply just stuck with Enchanting and Tailoring since the raw materials came to me while leveling and I didn't want to deal with transferring them to alts. I never sold a single enchant or crafted item other than imbued frostweave. :lol

Of course, I should also note. I did control the AH for much of the time I played. I threw up everything I got in the first week, made a shit load of money. So after everything cooled down a bit, i re-invested everything. The prices were constantly kept high because I would buy everything up low, and relist high. It would eventually cause a shift in the average price.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
what's the status of realid these days? read something about opting out of it?

adding a friend's email on my in game buddy list would be real helpful.

but i don't use anything else that my wow email uses. them getting hacked and hackers knoiwng it and the account holder name would suck.

Lolligag

DeathNote said:
what's the status of realid these days? read something about opting out of it?

adding a friend's email on my in game buddy list would be real helpful.

but i don't use anything else that my wow email uses. them getting hacked and hackers knoiwng it and the account holder name would suck.
Eventually they'll give an option to not show your real life name.

After adding someone through realid with their email address, there's no way to see the email address again. So hackers wouldn't have access to that.

Bisnic

I think i found the right way to rarely need to buy stuff in AH

Make 3 characters :

1 with mining & jewelcrafting
1 with herbalism & inscription
1 with enchanting & alchemy

The alt with jewelcrafting will be able to make free gems to all your alts. Mining is mostly to get materials.

The alt with inscription will be able to make free glyphs to all your alts. Herbalism to get the required herbs for inscription & your alchemist alt.

The alt with alchemy & enchanting will provide free elixirs/flasks & uncut epic/meta gems. On top of that, with your character that have inscription, he can send armor/weapon vellums to the enchanter alt and so, you get free enchants to all your alts!

Then just send all your boe greens/blues to the enchanter alt for many dusts/essences/shards!

That way, the only things you'll need to buy at the AH are BOE gears & eternal belt buckles, bags and maybe some "eternals" that you might be missing (to make uncut epic gems) if you didnt get enough from mining or farming.
It's saving me a lot of money since i dont need to go buy a bunch of epic gems for 150g each, or buy some glyphs or flasks for 30g, and lets not mention those big enchants sold for 500g on the AH. :D

I might need to buy some additionnal mats in the AH once Cataclysm is released when all 3 will need upgrades at the same time instead of just once in a while for 1 of them... but still, it will save me a lot of gold!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
People tend to forget that fishing can make a lot of money as well. It's quite easy to tune out, fish and watch a movie at the same time. By the end of it you'll be able to throw that crap up for 200-400g depending on where you got them.

speedpop said:
People tend to forget that fishing can make a lot of money as well. It's quite easy to tune out, fish and watch a movie at the same time. By the end of it you'll be able to throw that crap up for 200-400g depending on where you got them.

that's not a lot of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom