• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide on a class I want to play come cat.

I really want to base the decision on what class I have the most fun pvping with. But... getting to level 19 on all classes would suck. Not having heirlooms for all classes and facing twinks would suck. Getting pwned at level 10 in WSG would suck.

I've made pre-mades in the past.. but it takes time to learn a new class. So, I can't gauge how much fun I'm having since I'm getting owned by people good and their class.

Also, I suck at hot keys.

Pookaki said:
Twinks get put in seperate BG's now. :)
Hm. I see that on wowwiki. Xp-off vs xp-off.

Now that I think about it, it seems logical that quite a few 10's-18's would level by battlegrounds some. Guess I'll just get to 10 on all classes and level by bg and instances.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
yeah but there are still twinks in the xp-on arena...just at 60 and 70 (they dont have certain xpacks)

Kweh

I like the new Troll Druid forms, but the Worgen ones look a little plain. If it has taken them this long to do just Cat and Bear though, there is no chance of a new look Moonkin form anytime soon.

Lolligag

DeathNote said:
how much did dragon's eyes sell the first few months?
Fairly certain on my server they went for 400g.

Kweh said:
I like the new Troll Druid forms, but the Worgen ones look a little plain. If it has taken them this long to do just Cat and Bear though, there is no chance of a new look Moonkin form anytime soon.
The troll/worgen forms have been out there for awhile now. They only just touched them up slightly and made it official recently.

Hixx

DeathNote said:
how much did dragon's eyes sell the first few months?

150-200g on my server but our economy has always been shit. Or good depending whether you're a buyer rather than seller :lol

Milpool

DeathNote said:
then you can buy and vendor it for profit mang

I know I know, but it's just ridiculous that there's no gradual undercutting going on, there can be almost no stacks on there and people still do it.

firex

The Lamonster said:
I guess they just don't offer it for either version. Might be because there is no release date yet. When Blizz announces the day I will check back and see if I can change my shipping method.
When I ordered TBC through them, they auto-upgraded it to release day shipping. I'd still check back, but chances are good they will do that if you've been a good Amazon customer or preordered months in advance.

Browsing the WoW and MMO-Champion forums, I'm seeing lots of discussion on the level of difficulty of Cata dungeons compared to WotLK dungeons. I've only done two Cata dungeons so far - Blackrock Caverns and Grim Batol. Both are quite long, and some of the fights seemed challenging although a lot of it had to do with us not knowing the fights well.

When I first started WotLK dungeons I thought many were somewhat easy, but saying they were across the board facerolls isn't accurate. There was nothing easy about Utgarde Pinnacle before everyone knew the fights (and how to exploit Skadi). I remember Halls of Stone and especially Halls of Lightning not being walks in the park either (come on, Loken was hard). But like any other encounter in WoW/most games, they became easier once I understood things.

BC dungeons were far more challenging though. Lots of multi mob pulls, lots of group damage, and some tricky pulls that could wipe you. Also, lots of long ass dungeons. Blackrock Caverns in Cata is long as hell. LK stuff is pretty streamlined, built to complete in 20-30 minutes; not only in the design of smaller areas, but the inclusion of easier mobs. I'd rather have short to medium sized dungeons with tough mobs/bosses than long, sprawling vanilla-esque dungeons with tough mobs/bosses.

Dunlop

I'm just happy if they bring crowd control back as a necessary dynamic. After taking years off (Vanilla -->WOTLK) I was shocked at the lack of any form of strategy needed for 95% of the encounters.

yes pugs will suck more, but it really is needed

What is this Gnomerangean thing or whatever? I got a letter about it and looked it up online and it's just a quest chain. I don't get what this is all about...

Does it have something to do with Cata? Are the quests worth doing?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Lamonster said:
What is this Gnomerangean thing or whatever? I got a letter about it and looked it up online and it's just a quest chain. I don't get what this is all about...

The quests are fun, Mekkatorque has an epic gnome voice:)lol ) and you get an item that transform you into a gnome wearing a "spacesuit" for 30 mins. The only downside is the 4 hours cooldown on the item. And if you are an achievement whore, there is also one.

And its a quest chain to retake (the surface at least) of Gnomeregan, so gnomes can get their own starting area once Cataclysm is released.

Aesthet1c

The Lamonster said:

I haven't done the quest yet, just heard about it from friends. But it sounds like the quest takes you to fight alongside the gnomes and recapture Gnomeregan. My guess will be in Cataclysm, the gnomes are back in control of Gnomer and it will be another capital city (in other words, fucking awesome).

Also, just to chime in on the difficulty. LK instances really aren't that easy.. they are only easy because people are geared to the teeth these days in 6k+ gs. Back in BC and vanilla, this wasn't usually the case because epics weren't handed out like candy. But I've ran heroics in BC with a geared group, and they can be facerolled the same way LK heroics are today.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't think Gnomeregan(or Echo Isles for Horde) will actually become new capital cities. I'm sure it will only be their new starting area so they won't share it with dwarves & orcs anymore.

Tacitus_

Aesthet1c said:
I haven't done the quest yet, just heard about it from friends. But it sounds like the quest takes you to fight alongside the gnomes and recapture Gnomeregan. My guess will be in Cataclysm, the gnomes are back in control of Gnomer and it will be another capital city (in other words, fucking awesome).

Also, just to chime in on the difficulty. LK instances really aren't that easy.. they are only easy because people are geared to the teeth these days in 6k+ gs. Back in BC and vanilla, this wasn't usually the case because epics weren't handed out like candy. But I've ran heroics in BC with a geared group, and they can be facerolled the same way LK heroics are today.

Neither will be a capital city come Cataclysm - they'll be 1-5 questing zones.

And the BC instances weren't facerolled to the same extent and they were nerfed rather heavily after the start.

Aesthet1c

Tacitus_ said:
Neither will be a capital city come Cataclysm - they'll be 1-5 questing zones.

And the BC instances weren't facerolled to the same extent and they were nerfed rather heavily after the start.

Oh okay, yeah the capital city idea was just a guess on my behalf.. However a new starting area for gnomes is still pretty rad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
PhoenixDark said:
Browsing the WoW and MMO-Champion forums, I'm seeing lots of discussion on the level of difficulty of Cata dungeons compared to WotLK dungeons. I've only done two Cata dungeons so far - Blackrock Caverns and Grim Batol. Both are quite long, and some of the fights seemed challenging although a lot of it had to do with us not knowing the fights well.

When I first started WotLK dungeons I thought many were somewhat easy, but saying they were across the board facerolls isn't accurate. There was nothing easy about Utgarde Pinnacle before everyone knew the fights (and how to exploit Skadi). I remember Halls of Stone and especially Halls of Lightning not being walks in the park either (come on, Loken was hard). But like any other encounter in WoW/most games, they became easier once I understood things.

BC dungeons were far more challenging though. Lots of multi mob pulls, lots of group damage, and some tricky pulls that could wipe you. Also, lots of long ass dungeons. Blackrock Caverns in Cata is long as hell. LK stuff is pretty streamlined, built to complete in 20-30 minutes; not only in the design of smaller areas, but the inclusion of easier mobs. I'd rather have short to medium sized dungeons with tough mobs/bosses than long, sprawling vanilla-esque dungeons with tough mobs/bosses.
What I really wish Blizzard would do is give 1-50 dungeon bosses mechanics at all. I'd say it seemed like 80% of bosses in those dungeons entire fight strategy was tank and spank other than a couple of end bosses.

I've decided to waste some time and grind the Wintersaber rep to get my white kitty. I've wanted this for years and now is as good a time as any to do it since raiding is fairly useless until Cata IMO.

I've got the same situation on my server with saronite ore. It's not quite below vendor value, but it's pretty low. Should I just hold on to it? It seems like materials from the lower levels sell for more. I can sell a stack of cobalt ore for about 25g where my stack of saronite might go for 10g.

I'm guessing this is because people want to power level their alt's professions coupled with people not wanting to go gather lower level materials. Could it be possible that saronite will go up in price when the expansion comes out? Would it be wise to try and lock down the saronite ore market by buying up all the low priced materials and reselling?

Also, what are you guys getting for titanium on your servers? I can get around 250g per stack on mine.

explodet

Tacitus_ said:
I STILL hate the goddamn Shadow Labyrinth even at 80 and in full T9.

explodet said:
I STILL hate the goddamn Shadow Labyrinth even at 80 and in full T9.

Yup, that was tough back in the day. I had lots of trouble tanking it lol, as well as Mana-Tombs and Sethekk Halls.

Back then dungeons actually prepared you for raids. I've never been one to complain about "welfare epics" or whatever, but it's definitely true that the game is so focused on acquiring easy gear right now that learning raid mechanics/your class/etc is somewhat forgotten. Now the only requirement for raiding seems to be having x Gearscore.

The 5 level limit gives me some hope that things will be harder this go around.

TomServo

BC dungeons don't hold a candle to the pain that was vanilla dungeons at 60.

Running pre-nerf Start / Scholo / LBRS with five non-raid equipped toons was fucking painful. All for a few poorly itemized blues. Then you'd get your full dungeon set only to find out you should have been farming / AH camping for random BoE greens w/ FR.

TomServo said:

Running pre-nerf Start / Scholo / LBRS with five non-raid equipped toons was fucking painful. All for a few poorly itemized blues. Then you'd get your full dungeon set only to find out you should have been farming / AH camping for random BoE greens w/ FR.
So much truth in these words.

Negator

TomServo said:

Oh god the painful memories.

Farming fire resist for MC/BWL.
Farming elementium in BWL.
Farming for Nature Resist gear in Mauradon for AQ40
Farming tons and tons of ghost mushrooms for Naxxramas.

All the while, (as a raiding rogue)
Farming swifthistle for Thistle Tea
Farming Winterfall Firewater
I'm sure there's other things that I forgot.

Negator said:
Oh god the painful memories.

Farming fire resist for MC/BWL.
Farming elementium in BWL.
Farming for Nature Resist gear in Mauradon for AQ40
Farming tons and tons of ghost mushrooms for Naxxramas.

All the while, (as a raiding rogue)
Farming swifthistle for Thistle Tea
Farming Winterfall Firewater
I'm sure there's other things that I forgot.
I got all the cloth nature resist patterns from rep in Silithus. But those may have been added later. I can't remember, and that was for cloth gear, not leather. So nm.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
McNei1y said:
That was the fun of it!! I miss Blackrock Mountain pvp.
It's a pity now, you never really encounter this anymore. Now it's more like doing a daily. Two people go, summon the rest... Oh no, a ganking group of horde at the rock. QQQQQQ for 15minutes *Group disbands*. I think people would prefer it if they could just get in the instance from Dalaran. :lol

Instance is as followed, Tank and spank. Any use of CC means either the tank, healer, or dps sucks. And I'll say it, Shattered Halls was awesome. Watching T6 people think they have any sort of "Skill" only to wipe on the chain pull area and have to restart... priceless.

Tamanon

Banned
Fire

* Flame Orb no longer has a cast time.
* Living Bomb now only affect up to 3 enemies.
* Pyromaniac is now a Tier 6 talent, up from Tier 4.
* Combustion revamped - Instantly deals 954.57 to 1131.92 Fire damage and combines your Fire damage over time effects on the target into a single effect, burning for the same total damage for 10 sec. 40 yd range, Instant, 2 min cooldown
* Hot Streak is now a Tier 3 talent, down from Tier 4. Modified - Your spells no longer trigger Arcane Missiles. Instead, your critical strikes with Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Scorch, or Fire Blast have a chance to cause your next Pyroblast spell cast within 15 sec to be instant cast and cost no mana.
* Improved Hot Streak Modified - Any time you score 2 non-periodic critical strikes in a row with your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Scorch, or Fire Blast spells, you have a 50/100% chance to trigger your Hot Streak effect.
* Molten Shields is now a Tier 4 talent, up from Tier 3.

Man, fire mage just looks like it'll be FUN!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
krypt0nian said:
I've decided to waste some time and grind the Wintersaber rep to get my white kitty. I've wanted this for years and now is as good a time as any to do it since raiding is fairly useless until Cata IMO.
Good luck. I've seen this mount drive people crazy.

McNei1y

shintoki said:
It's a pity now, you never really encounter this anymore. Now it's more like doing a daily. Two people go, summon the rest... Oh no, a ganking group of horde at the rock. QQQQQQ for 15minutes *Group disbands*. I think people would prefer it if they could just get in the instance from Dalaran. :lol

Instance is as followed, Tank and spank. Any use of CC means either the tank, healer, or dps sucks. And I'll say it, Shattered Halls was awesome. Watching T6 people think they have any sort of "Skill" only to wipe on the chain pull area and have to restart... priceless.

Yeah, its lost its touch. Instance camping/pvping was always fun. BC even had it. Fighting before TK was another classic, although not as fun as BRM.

As for farming for NR gear, I was recently searching through my 6 year old photobucket account and have seen alot of old wow pics, some of them were from my druid and my friends druid farming Mara for the NR gear. :lol

I wish I uploaded alot more pics from my old cpu.

firex

krypt0nian said:
I'm going to spread it out over the 2 months till launch. I can see them removing this one come Cata.

From mmo-champion:

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/90267/

Azerothian Flying - passive
not liking the sound of this one. I really wouldn't put it past blizzard to make this a level 80 thing trainable for another 5k gold, so the actual flying gold sink for cataclysm is 10k if you want 310% speed.

also the ghost wolf change makes some sense to me. I don't like it but since you can use it indoors now, they probably want it to match aspect of the cheetah's speed instead of travel form.

Cipherr

Info is starting to come out about BM specced hunters abilities. We knew the pet pass was coming. Looks like BM hunters exotic pets will come with some seriously sweet shit:

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=90355#comments
Ancient Hysteria
Instant 6 min cooldown
Increases melee, ranged, and spell casting speed by 30% for all party and raid members. Lasts 40 sec.

Allies receiving this effect will become Sated and be unable to benefit from Bloodlust or Time Warp again for 10 min.

Corehounds appear to have Bloodlust.

Fuck..........yeah........ If Bloodlust is on the table, lord fucking knows what the other exotics will have.

Edit: Aww shit

Shale Spider(!) - % stat buff like Kings

Silithid - Fortitude
(Increases party and raid members' Stamina by 1485.)

Spirit Beast - Some kind of targetable Regrowth-like heal on a 40 sec cooldown. ( The Spirit Beast heals the currently friendly target for (1237 + ((RAP * 0.35) * 0.5)) plus an additional (475 + ((RAP * 0.35) * 0.335)) over 10 sec. )

Devilsaur - 5% crit like Rampage

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

ezekial45

Banned
"We’ve added a new flying skill called Flight Master's License. When World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is released, players who purchase the expansion will see this skill available from flight trainers once they reach level 60. This new skill is required for flying around all Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms zones, including the new level 80-85 zones.

The cost for this is 250 gold. The name has also changed. I've updated my original post with the new information. "

Not so bad I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom